HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks-Jets

Old
06-22-2013, 07:29 AM
trebendan

vCash: 500
Canucks-Jets

To Canucks: Burmistrov

To Jets: 2013 1st rd pick, Hansen, Ballard

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:30 AM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post

I don't see the Jets doing this.

LetsGoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:33 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebendan View Post

Ballard's contract is one of the worst in the league and most canuck fans now admit that until he shows something worth wild, the canucks will need to add something for a team to take his contract.

Take Ballard out of the deal and the jets might do it. Adding ballard means canucks need to add something. Ballard is one of the players who is more than likely to get bought out

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Yossarian54

Doesn't make sense from the Canucks.

We have centres and a small centre prospect coming up. We lack good wingers, which Hansen is.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:37 AM
SillyRabbit
Trix Are For Kids

vCash: 1250
Not that Burmistrov isn't a good young player, but Canucks say no.

Hansen is on an amazing deal and is literally the perfect 3rd line winger.

Ballard is worth more to us than any other team, it makes no sense to trade him.

Not sure Winnepeg does this deal either.

SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:41 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Rather kick Ballard to Calgary as been discussed. Not at all interested in trading Hansen.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 07:45 AM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
Not that Burmistrov isn't a good young player, but Canucks say no.

Hansen is on an amazing deal and is literally the perfect 3rd line winger.

Ballard is worth more to us than any other team, it makes no sense to trade him.

Not sure Winnepeg does this deal either.
Most other draft years and I'd bash you on this one. Hanson is a good 3rd liner on a fair deal. Ballard is laughable with his contract but you're right, he's likely worth more to you than any other team. (Doesn't really increase his value to the rest of the NHL though). The pick at 24 isn't usually worth what it is this year. I still think the Jets say no, though. And Vancouver would be foolish to turn this offer down.

Old
06-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlames View Post
Most other draft years and I'd bash you on this one. Hanson is a good 3rd liner on a fair deal. Ballard is laughable with his contract but you're right, he's likely worth more to you than any other team. (Doesn't really increase his value to the rest of the NHL though). The pick at 24 isn't usually worth what it is this year. I still think the Jets say no, though. And Vancouver would be foolish to turn this offer down.
I disagree.

Consider that Burmistrov is not going to replace Henrik or Kesler this year, or probably in the next 2-3 years. We have prospects in Schroeder and Gaunce that will compete for the 3rd line centre position. I'm not saying their as good as Burmi, but he's not getting top-6 minutes or wingers, so we wouldn't utilise his superior skills.

Meanwhile, our biggest problem is secondary scoring, specifically top-9 wingers. Hansen is a guy who can score 40 points on any line (with no PP time), and costs only 1.35 million. On a team that has a cap crunch this year. He is almost irreplaceable if we want to compete next year.

As for the pick, you are correct, it's probably worth a bit more this year. We don't have a 2nd, and we *really* need to keep our 1st if we want to build up a bit of blue-chip depth in the prospect pool. Basically, to avoid being in a similar position to what you guys experienced this year when our 1st line talent retires or leaves.

There is no way I would do this deal from the Canucks perspective.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:13 AM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
I disagree.

Consider that Burmistrov is not going to replace Henrik or Kesler this year, or probably in the next 2-3 years. We have prospects in Schroeder and Gaunce that will compete for the 3rd line centre position. I'm not saying their as good as Burmi, but he's not getting top-6 minutes or wingers, so we wouldn't utilise his superior skills.

Meanwhile, our biggest problem is secondary scoring, specifically top-9 wingers. Hansen is a guy who can score 40 points on any line (with no PP time), and costs only 1.35 million. On a team that has a cap crunch this year. He is almost irreplaceable if we want to compete next year.

As for the pick, you are correct, it's probably worth a bit more this year. We don't have a 2nd, and we *really* need to keep our 1st if we want to build up a bit of blue-chip depth in the prospect pool. Basically, to avoid being in a similar position to what you guys experienced this year when our 1st line talent retires or leaves.

There is no way I would do this deal from the Canucks perspective.
You make a good argument but I still think the Jets lose this deal since Burmistrov has the highest ceiling, plain and simple. The pick, even at 24 is worth quite a bit. Hanson is great value too. Ballard is negative value (IMHO) and I'm addressing the OP on his proposed offer. If I'm Winnipeg, I say no to this offer. Hanson is a 3rd liner (great or not, not what the Jets lack), Ballard is a bad contract. To the Jets, Bermi is a 2nd line C of the future, at least (even Datsyuk didn't set the league on fire in his first few years).... I'm arguing that this deal works less for the Jets than it does for the Canucks....though it isn't really great for either sides needs right now.

Last edited by LetsGoFlames: 06-22-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old
06-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Yossarian54

Quote:
You make a good argument but I still think the Jets lose this deal since Burmistrov has the highest ceiling, plain and simple. The pick, even at 24 is worth quite a bit. Hanson is great value too. Ballard is negative value (IMHO) and I'm addressing the OP on his proposed offer. If I'm Winnipeg, I say no to this offer. Hanson is a 3rd liner (great or not, not what the Jets lack), Ballard is a bad contract. To the Jets, Bermi is a 2nd line C of the future, at least (even Datsyuk didn't set the league on fire in his first few years).... I'm arguing that this deal works less for the Jets than it does for the Canucks....though it isn't really great for either sides needs right now.
Fair. From a Jets perspective I don't really see the plus either.

Old
06-22-2013, 08:24 AM
LetsGoFlames
McDavid-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian54 View Post
Fair. From a Jets perspective I don't really see the plus either.
Agreed. Kind of a null offer that we could split hairs about all (night) day. Both teams are likely better standing pat on this one. (Sorry to the OP).

Old
06-22-2013, 09:39 AM
rypper

Not interested in moving Hansen.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 10:58 AM
trebendan

Quote:
Agreed. Kind of a null offer that we could split hairs about all (night) day. Both teams are likely better standing pat on this one. (Sorry to the OP).
No need to apologize. I was thinking the Jets would trade Burmistrov only if the rumours of him wanting out were true.

I could see why the Canucks wouldn't want to trade Hansen, but he is a UFA next summer. I also thought the Canucks would be happy to trade Ballard so that they could use their compliance buyout on Booth (I suppose they could buy both of them out).

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:02 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Even if Burmistrov made it public that he wanted out (ala Turris), they'd probably be looking at younger pieces (ala the Turris return). I like Hansen from his Moose days but he's not realistically a main piece the Jets would be looking for if they're trading a young player with a lot of untapped potential. A late first doesn't do it either. The value isn't way off but I don't think it gets it done.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 11:21 AM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
Hansen is better than Burmistrov and we aren't throwing in a 1st just to get rid of Ballard.

Old
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
StringerBell

That's quite a bit of value going to Winnipeg. As the deal stands we downgrade our current roster while hurting our prospect pool by trading away a 1st. I don't think Burmistrov is worth enough to do this.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Not at all high enough on Burmistrov to move that package.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 01:39 PM
mstad101

I'd do the first alone for Burmi. But talking to Jets fans and people connected with the Jets they'd much rather try sign Burmi than trade him while his value is low. Or trade him for another middling prospect.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
If dumping Ballard is the goal, why not just use one of the two buyouts on him rather than packaging him with one of our better forwards (Hansen) and a first rounder? Doesn't make much sense.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 02:51 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
I'm for it. I think Vancouver gets bent over.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 04:44 PM
sirwilliam

Hansen is heart and soul. Fast, plays hard, great defensively, outscored Burrows this year. I'd rather keep him, even though I think Burmi has upside.

We can talk next year when Jannik's demanding $3.5+ per.

sirwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Lol this is god awful for Van. Wouldn't move Hansen alone for Burmistrov. What a joke

06-22-2013, 05:03 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Not interested in trading Hansen, at all. Would rather keep the first and Hansen and just use Schroeder as our 3C.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

It's a really interesting concept but like has been mentioned, the valuation is probably off. I really wanna see how a cap dump, draft pick, and prospects deal goes down with this being a somewhat unique summer due to CBA. Somebody pull off a retained salary / cap dump trade already so we can see a starting point template.

Ballard has always intrigued me and I can't really get a good read on his current value to Nucks (none/buyout to some and worth a legit return to others) and what his value might be to Jets. He could be a 2nd/3rd pair LHD tweener for us. I'd only want him if we resigned Clitty who can also be a 2nd/3rd pair tweener. But not if our only other LHD is Stuart and then Ballard would have to be 2nd pair LHD. Too risky unless we have Clitty and trade out Stuart.

ps. I didn't really comment on the specific trade proposal. Looks like non-starter from Nucks end. Remove Hansen from it and then they would be interested and Jets have soul searching to do about value of Ballard, Burmi, and a late 2013 1st.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2013, 05:12 PM
biturbo19

I wouldn't be opposed to trying to acquire Burmistrov, but not at the expense of Hansen and a 1st rounder. Hansen is already more effective than Burmistrov as a player, and while the upside is obviously a lot higher with Burmistrov, who knows how long, or if he'll really 'put it together'. Hansen as mentioned, is pretty much the ideal 3rd line winger. Gritty, fast, defensively responsible and can chip in ~40pts without PP time, and has the versatility to play on literally any line...all on a very cheap contract. When that deal expires and he's looking for a raise, maybe he's worth moving at that point. But until then...the only way i'd look at trading Hansen, is as part of a package for a bonafide 'top line' type player, or high potential offensively gifted player ready to step in to the NHL day 1. It may sound absurd, but Hansen right now is a textbook case of a player worth more to us than other teams. And i think those doubting Hansen's value and ability are underrating all of the little things he does very well.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote