HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Colorado - Columbus

Old
06-21-2013, 04:00 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Colorado - Columbus

This assuming the Avs take either MacKinnon or Barkov with their top pick and Stastny does become available...

To Colorado:
D Nikita Nikitin
LA's 1st round pick (27th overall)

To Columbus:
C Paul Stastny
D Matt Hunwick

For Columbus, they'd acquire a playmaker who could be put with Gaborik to create a top line. While Stastny's numbers have declined, he'd go somewhere where he'd be the go to guy at center and I think he'd produce much more in that role. Hunwick is a throw-in to give the BJ's a cheap bottom pairing/#7 defenseman with an expiring contract.

Avs get Nikitin, who could step into their top 4, and while he didn't have as strong a season as the year before, he finished strong and is a clear upgrade over some of the Avs blue liners. The first rounder is a late one, but still of value due to the deep draft.

Any thoughts? I don't normally do proposals but thought this was a pretty realistic and fair offer. Obviously, not all may agree.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Anything that involves acquiring Matt Hunwick is automatically an overpayment from the team acquiring him.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:13 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Anything that involves acquiring Matt Hunwick is automatically an overpayment from the team acquiring him.
He was just tossed in at the end, he can be taken out. He actually was pretty solid considering the role he played last year was way over his head.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
csanadi19

If the Avs traded Stastny I doubt the most attractive piece would be a 1st round pick (especially 27th). Dont get me wrong Nikitin would be an absolute upgrade on our defense, but we need quality at this point not quantity (a top pairing or atleast a high end 3rd D). Not saying Stastny will earn us one, but im confident he can.

csanadi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
tucker3434
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
This assuming the Avs take either MacKinnon or Barkov with their top pick and Stastny does become available...

To Colorado:
D Nikita Nikitin
LA's 1st round pick (27th overall)

To Columbus:
C Paul Stastny
D Matt Hunwick

For Columbus, they'd acquire a playmaker who could be put with Gaborik to create a top line. While Stastny's numbers have declined, he'd go somewhere where he'd be the go to guy at center and I think he'd produce much more in that role. Hunwick is a throw-in to give the BJ's a cheap bottom pairing/#7 defenseman with an expiring contract.

Avs get Nikitin, who could step into their top 4, and while he didn't have as strong a season as the year before, he finished strong and is a clear upgrade over some of the Avs blue liners. The first rounder is a late one, but still of value due to the deep draft.

Any thoughts? I don't normally do proposals but thought this was a pretty realistic and fair offer. Obviously, not all may agree.
If a stastny extension with the avs is off the table, I'd probably do it.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Crisp Breakout

I'm not a big fan of Nikitin, and I've seen him quite a bit. We need to be targeting better defensemen than that if we move Stastny. Columbus has three defensemen that would be ideal for us (Tyutin, Johnson, Murray), but they're unlikely to be available for Stastny.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Not sure Columbus would want to give up a first for a possible 1 year contract. I like Stasny and would abe ecstatic to see him find the mojo again but I'm not sure Columbus would want to take on a high $ contract for 1 year and give up a first. I'm also a Nikitin fan and think he had a very solid "2nd half" last season. Definitely a slow start but he's a 2nd pair guy.

Tought call and not a bad proposal I just worry about losing a long term asset like the 27th pick for a possible 1 year rental. Not what I think Columbus should be doing.

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Avs44

vCash: 380
I've said it before. If we take MacKinnon, yes, Stastny will most likely be moved. He will be moved for a defensman. Someone better than Nikitin.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I've said it before. If we take MacKinnon, yes, Stastny will most likely be moved. He will be moved for a defensman. Someone better than Nikitin.
So you hope to get a very good defenseman for 1 year of Stastny? It's a very optimistic hope.

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Jedi Twinkie
Ryan O'Money

Nikitin is one of the few players who I know next to nothing about. That being said his name is awesome and if he can be a good #5 occasionally #4 then I would do it. I would also like to get rid of Humwick from the OP

Jedi Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 05:18 PM
TSA0402

Its a pretty reasonable offer, but I'd just as much rather stockpile draft picks in a deep draft when we are supposed to have a good drafting general manager.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Rather someone else than Nikitin.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Decent proposal.

Were not going to get anyone better then Nikitin for basically 1 year of Stastny.

If it was a signed Stastny being traded, I would expect either NYR's 1st, or a better Dman coming back though.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 10:44 PM
zxcvnm

With Stastny, the Avs have basically two choices. We can either try to find a somewhat proven, established player, but he'll most likely be no better than a middle pairing defenseman and a borderline bottom pairing guy.

Or we can try to draft a stud with tremendous risk involved. I'm no expert, but Stastny+ for Rasmus Ristolainen or Stastny for Madison Bowey are interesting options. As for the OP, unless the Avs are specifically targeting a player in this draft, I think the Avs will wait until the season and reevaluate the options. If the deal is centered around Nikitin, I don't see the Avs rushing to make a trade before this draft. Extra picks can always be had in 2014 or 2015 for example.

zxcvnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Something around Tyutin for Stastny would theoretically be possible, although it would be very difficult to balance because Columbus has big question marks about 4 of its NHL defensemen (5 if you count Aucoin).

Nikitin - He is a decent #4 defenseman most nights but can he keep it up?

Murray - Just how good is this kid right now? Expected to be a 2nd pairing defenseman right away but he did just sit out half the year with a shoulder injury.

Erixon - Will he continue to develop or is he still just a bottom pairing player?

Prout - Was last year a fluke or is that indicative of his actual ability?

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Zandar

Terrible offer. Lets just throw Stastny away for scraps. Didn't Jordan Staal just get traded to the team he was one year away from signing with as an UFA? He brought back 8th overall and a young third line center for a team to get an extra year of him. Just because Stastny is one year from free agency does not make him worthless. We are seeing some really dried up free agent groups every year so teams are having to acquire that possible free agent earlier rather than lose them to someone else who will pay now or when that player is an UFA. IF Stastny is available, some team will have to pay to get him. And before we go on about his numbers... Stastny has played LESS games than Staal yet has scored more goals and almost 120 more points than Staal. Put Stastny on the Pens and see what he does.

Zandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Terrible offer. Lets just throw Stastny away for scraps. Didn't Jordan Staal just get traded to the team he was one year away from signing with as an UFA? He brought back 8th overall and a young third line center for a team to get an extra year of him. Just because Stastny is one year from free agency does not make him worthless. We are seeing some really dried up free agent groups every year so teams are having to acquire that possible free agent earlier rather than lose them to someone else who will pay now or when that player is an UFA. IF Stastny is available, some team will have to pay to get him. And before we go on about his numbers... Stastny has played LESS games than Staal yet has scored more goals and almost 120 more points than Staal. Put Stastny on the Pens and see what he does.
Jordan Staal got that return because everyone knew he was going to sign in Carolina anyway due to the brother connection. Unless Yan Stastny is coming back to the NHL, I don't think any team has a guarantee that Stastny will re-sign with them. So it's essentially a trade for 1 year of Stastny, unless there's an extension agreed upon at the time of the trade.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:43 PM
Rhaego

Stastny (signed)+2014 1st for Ryan Murray

Really though, not a bad proposal

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
We won't be getting anything close to what Staal got for Stastny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Something around Tyutin for Stastny would theoretically be possible, although it would be very difficult to balance because Columbus has big question marks about 4 of its NHL defensemen (5 if you count Aucoin).

Nikitin - He is a decent #4 defenseman most nights but can he keep it up?

Murray - Just how good is this kid right now? Expected to be a 2nd pairing defenseman right away but he did just sit out half the year with a shoulder injury.

Erixon - Will he continue to develop or is he still just a bottom pairing player?

Prout - Was last year a fluke or is that indicative of his actual ability?
I'd do Tyutin for Stastny

Old
06-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Krishna

If COL is moving Statsny, they'd get more moving him to a team like Toronto

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:49 PM
stevo61

Quote:
I wouldn't

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:54 PM
Rhaego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Stick to the Flyers

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway View Post
Stick to the Flyers
Don't tell me what to do

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2013, 11:59 PM
Avs44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Lets hope their fans are not like the team. They think something around Liles is fair.

Old
06-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Stastny alone wouldn't be enough.

Like I said, it would be extremely difficult to balance a trade centered on Tyutin and Stastny. Columbus would want something significant in addition to him. Colorado wouldn't want to give up anything significant.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote