HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eagles News - Westbrook signed!

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Eagles News - Westbrook signed!

Brian Westbrook signed his RFA tender offer of $1.43 million, and will report to minicamp. This is obviously great news. The only holdouts left are T.O. and Corey Simon. Any thoughts?

Last edited by mercury: 06-01-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old
06-01-2005, 04:05 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
Brian Westbrook signed his RFA tender offer of $1.3 million, and will report to minicamp. This is obviously great news. The only holdouts left are T.O. and Corey Simon. Any thoughts?
TO and Corey will be back by the first week of TC. TO could hold out a bit longer, but if you look at the schedule you know hes coming back. Atl on Monday night, Atl is his home town and Monday night is his stage. San Fran the next week, and the Raiders the week after that (Moss vs Owens show down).

I worry about Simon missing time as he is always coming in outta shape.

Old
06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I heard from a few people TO will be on time for training camp.

I don't know why Simon would be holding out...if you ask me, the Eagles would rather trade him anyways.

Old
06-01-2005, 04:14 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I heard from a few people TO will be on time for training camp.

I don't know why Simon would be holding out...if you ask me, the Eagles would rather trade him anyways.
Baltimore had a deal in place for him, however his contract demands were too much. Two years ago the Eagles had offered him a deal similar to McFarlands deal but he turned it down, I wouldnt have liked that deal so glad he didnt sign it. He's going to have to back off his demands to be the top payed DT in the NFL, hes a top 10 DT, but not in the top 5.

Old
06-01-2005, 05:02 PM
mercury

Of course, as our "franchise" player, Corey gets paid the average salary of the top 5 DTs in the league.

Old
06-01-2005, 07:27 PM
iceman42

Quote:
Of course, as our "franchise" player, Corey gets paid the average salary of the top 5 DTs in the league.
Yes but that was to keep him around and hopefully work out a trade, plus the Eagles have cap room to cover that amount.

Old
06-01-2005, 07:51 PM
mercury

I think it was $5.13 million? Anyway, too much for him at this point. I hope a trade is worked out, and I wouldn't mind if it's just for a mid-round pick. I would hate to see a roster spot taken up by a holdout, or a guy who shows up to minicamp fat and surly, as Simon is wont to do. Can't argue with his production from a few years back, but he is getting to that unfortunate period where his level of play is not commensurate with his salary. In other words, the period where the Eagles show guys the door.

Old
06-02-2005, 08:45 AM
iceman42

One place where this benefits the Eagles is that Patterson and Marshall get more reps, so the Eagles will have more tape and a better idea of how they are taking to the coaching that they are getting. I wasnt too worried about Westbrook because that meant Moats would get more looks as well, however since Moats is more of a Westbrook clone it was good that he came in, so that Moats can get some perspective from Westy, CBuck was doing a good job early on, but as far as the passing game CBuck isnt the best mentor for him.

Old
06-02-2005, 08:51 AM
iceman42

Quote:
I think it was $5.13 million? Anyway, too much for him at this point. I hope a trade is worked out, and I wouldn't mind if it's just for a mid-round pick. I would hate to see a roster spot taken up by a holdout, or a guy who shows up to minicamp fat and surly, as Simon is wont to do. Can't argue with his production from a few years back, but he is getting to that unfortunate period where his level of play is not commensurate with his salary. In other words, the period where the Eagles show guys the door.
I agree. But they can't just release him, like they did with Trotter, and get nothing for him that would be a waste. Basically the log jam with Simon is his contract demands, he wont get off his 7 year $35+ million, and his $12-15 million signing bonus.

Closed Thread