HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-07-2013, 05:35 PM
  #76
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,739
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Supposedly Vladimir Kramar of Barys will join CSKA system. To me, it makes no sense. Experienced backup for MHL team?

ozo is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 03:56 AM
  #77
LOFIN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Today, TPS in SM-Liiga revealed some new contracts for next season. They also stated that the TPS forward Brian Willsie would start his season in the KHL, and return to TPS in October. Any idea what club we are talking about in the KHL, and what's this deal about? A loan of some sort?

LOFIN is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 04:24 AM
  #78
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
Today, TPS in SM-Liiga revealed some new contracts for next season. They also stated that the TPS forward Brian Willsie would start his season in the KHL, and return to TPS in October. Any idea what club we are talking about in the KHL, and what's this deal about? A loan of some sort?
That is weird. A player can sign for 1 season, not for a few months. Of course, they can make a verbal deal, that they will terminate contract during season.

I have no idea about club. Try to look at rosters, maximum of 5 foreigners in russian clubs (Admiral 7). If it is only a loan for few months, maybe it is non-russian club? I am sure, it is not Lev. They have too many C.

vorky is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 04:35 AM
  #79
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
That is weird. A player can sign for 1 season, not for a few months. Of course, they can make a verbal deal, that they will terminate contract during season.

I have no idea about club. Try to look at rosters, maximum of 5 foreigners in russian clubs (Admiral 7). If it is only a loan for few months, maybe it is non-russian club? I am sure, it is not Lev. They have too many C.
Wouldn't be suprised if it is Medvescak. Three seasons ago he played for Hershey Bears under Mark French, who is current coach of Medvescak. And Medvescak still needs two centers.

ficohok* is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 04:37 AM
  #80
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,111
vCash: 500
It would make a lot of sense if it was Minsk. They never avoided signing Canadians and at this point they lack like half of the roster.

__________________
no kind of logic, intelligence or philosophy can ever win a fight against ignorance, superstition or stupidity (Justinov) - a thing to remember on HFBoards
SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 06:04 AM
  #81
Mikey09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
Medvescak

G Barry Brust 1y deal
G Andrej Vasiljevic 1y deal (junior contract)


Slovan
F Richard Mraz 3y deal

Mikey09 is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
  #82
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Mamashev's new club is Traktor (1 year)

seeep is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
  #83
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
so atm free agency list of russian d-men looks very poor


seeep is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
  #84
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Burmistrov officially signed 2 years deal with Ak Bars
http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/07/08/179861.html

seeep is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 11:19 AM
  #85
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeep View Post
Burmistrov officially signed 2 years deal with Ak Bars
http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/07/08/179861.html
what's with the NHL dream?

cska78 is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
  #86
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what's with the NHL dream?
Winnipeg isn't a good NHL dream

seeep is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 12:00 PM
  #87
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeep View Post
Burmistrov officially signed 2 years deal with Ak Bars
http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/07/08/179861.html
Good signing from Ak Bars. The KHL needs more of young players of this caliber. Hopefully more of them to come.

Peter25 is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 12:35 PM
  #88
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Torpedo has already released 3 old d-men: Malenkyh (Magnitka), Bykov, Varlamov (retired)

looks like a good choice for Torpedo

seeep is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
  #89
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeep View Post
Winnipeg isn't a good NHL dream
Ya don't you know what Bryzgalov said about there?

malkinfan is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 06:41 PM
  #90
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Humphries to Lev is now official. Here is an older article about him. He turned down try out offer from Canucks.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...583/story.html

In case you guys didn't see, Russian NHL camp invites include monster Telyakov, Larionov client Plotnikov and Gogolev. Not sure where either 3 will play this year.

malkinfan is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 06:43 PM
  #91
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what's with the NHL dream?
Another prodigal son returns. I remember him saying that the KHL was for older guys and he had no interest.....Lol wonder if he read that from the agents cue-cards like all of the Russian guys at the draft interviews.

malkinfan is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 08:04 PM
  #92
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Another prodigal son returns. I remember him saying that the KHL was for older guys and he had no interest.....Lol wonder if he read that from the agents cue-cards like all of the Russian guys at the draft interviews.
I vividly recall that aswell
I wish somebody could find that vid and post it up here.

Actually, I would instead love for some journalist to play the clip on his/her ipad and have Burmistrov comment on that after a few regular season Ak-Bars games.

that would be jokes

metmag is offline  
Old
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
  #93
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
I don't get why ppl act like 7 y.o.. "...but he said that"

Like nobody understands why he said that or why every russian player has to answer stupid questions and reassure the guys in NA a thousand times he won't do the Radulov. It's not the player's fault.

Atas2000 is online now  
Old
07-09-2013, 02:45 AM
  #94
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Im sure it would give young Russian MHL players some insight to hear why a still currently young Russian has returned despite an arguably stable NHL future. And precisely what it is that he thinks the KHL is in terms of a hockey career perspective.

metmag is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 03:44 AM
  #95
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Im sure it would give young Russian MHL players some insight to hear why a still currently young Russian has returned despite an arguably stable NHL future. And precisely what it is that he thinks the KHL is in terms of a hockey career perspective.
Please stop pretending like you don't understand what the whole situation is about. It's a single case. A special case. Burmistrov is on a team that basically doesn't want him and tries to transform him into a player he never should become. He waited long enough. Nothing changes so he does what's best for him, change of scenery. It all has nothing to do with the NHL or the KHL or the development. Winnipeg is a graveyard for skilled players. They want everybody on the team to grind but got Burmistrov as a legacy of the Thrashers and never really knew what to do with him.

Atas2000 is online now  
Old
07-09-2013, 04:49 AM
  #96
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Please stop pretending like you don't understand what the whole situation is about. It's a single case. A special case. Burmistrov is on a team that basically doesn't want him and tries to transform him into a player he never should become. He waited long enough. Nothing changes so he does what's best for him, change of scenery. It all has nothing to do with the NHL or the KHL or the development. Winnipeg is a graveyard for skilled players. They want everybody on the team to grind but got Burmistrov as a legacy of the Thrashers and never really knew what to do with him.
No. No no no. Pretty much everything what you've said is wrong. I get a feeling you don't watch NHL a whole lot, do you?

It's not a single or a special case, it's just one of the many instances where player was rushed to the NHL. First season in Atlanta where he mostly played 3rd line minutes was disastrous from the development standpoint. He obviously needed seasoning in the regular top-6 role but.. It was Atlanta, enough said. Funny thing you said Winnipeg "got Burmistrov as a legacy of the Thrashers and never really knew what to do with him" when in reality it was exactly Thrashers who never really did the right thing and put Jets into very difficult position.

Everyone in Winnipeg understood Burmi is a Top-6 prospect but he was not a legit Top-6 player and, like many players of this type before him (see Bailey, Josh), he got into the never-world of sorts where team can't afford to keep you out of the lineup but can't give you good minutes either.

However the funniest and most clueless thing you've said is this little nugget: "Winnipeg is a graveyard for skilled players. They want everybody on the team to grind". Jets are the exact opposite, poor man's Blackhawks, fast transition team. They have players like Jokinen, Antropov, Little, Wheeler, Wellwood and just traded for Setoguchi who have very little or no grinding skills at all.. It's more like they are a junkyard of players who can't hit their way out of the wet paper bag. I mean Ladd is THE only legit grinding Bruins-type player in their entire Top-9 group.

The only thing in your post which is undebatable truth is that Burmistrov desperately needed a change in scenery (be it a trade or return to the KHL) and it's for the best.

Burmi's story in a nutshell from yesterday's Yahoo article:

"His unfulfilled potential speaks directly to two factors: That he's undersized and easy to knock off the puck, and that he was rushed to the NHL rather than being allowed to develop more, say, in the OHL. He didnít have the consistency to remain in a top six role with the Jets this season."

"He was frustrated. They were frustrated. And now he's gone for the next two years."

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 05:59 AM
  #97
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Im sure it would give young Russian MHL players some insight to hear why a still currently young Russian has returned despite an arguably stable NHL future. And precisely what it is that he thinks the KHL is in terms of a hockey career perspective.
you think? 22 or so drafted in the import draft, most will show up, most will come back "broken", but most will go the next year when drafted again.

cska78 is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 06:02 AM
  #98
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Supposedly Vladimir Kramar of Barys will join CSKA system. To me, it makes no sense. Experienced backup for MHL team?
I didn't post it, as it's not yet official, but boy I hope it's just a rumor...Undersized guy with awful stats while we have a bunch of talented 94-97 goalies in the system. Unless THK needs a backup...The guy is also under the contract through the next season


Last edited by cska78: 07-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.
cska78 is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 06:57 AM
  #99
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,739
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I didn't post it, as it's not yet official, but boy I hope it's just a rumor...Undersized guy with awful stats while we have a bunch of talented 94-97 goalies in the system. Unless THK needs a backup...The guy is also under the contract through the next season
It was on shaiba.kz and they called Mikhail Grigoryev joining Torpedo long before it was officially announced. Also it makes sense as Barys is releasing every single minor non-Kazakh passport holding Russian in the system. Even the ones whose rights they recently obtained in Lassila Omsk trade.

More chances for local talant like Rakhmanov or even Zinchenko. I'm all for it.

ozo is offline  
Old
07-09-2013, 08:15 AM
  #100
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Bykov to Amur

cska78 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.