HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season part 2

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2013, 05:35 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Supposedly Vladimir Kramar of Barys will join CSKA system. To me, it makes no sense. Experienced backup for MHL team?

Old
07-08-2013, 03:56 AM
LOFIN

Today, TPS in SM-Liiga revealed some new contracts for next season. They also stated that the TPS forward Brian Willsie would start his season in the KHL, and return to TPS in October. Any idea what club we are talking about in the KHL, and what's this deal about? A loan of some sort?

Old
07-08-2013, 04:24 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOFIN View Post
Today, TPS in SM-Liiga revealed some new contracts for next season. They also stated that the TPS forward Brian Willsie would start his season in the KHL, and return to TPS in October. Any idea what club we are talking about in the KHL, and what's this deal about? A loan of some sort?
That is weird. A player can sign for 1 season, not for a few months. Of course, they can make a verbal deal, that they will terminate contract during season.

I have no idea about club. Try to look at rosters, maximum of 5 foreigners in russian clubs (Admiral 7). If it is only a loan for few months, maybe it is non-russian club? I am sure, it is not Lev. They have too many C.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:35 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
That is weird. A player can sign for 1 season, not for a few months. Of course, they can make a verbal deal, that they will terminate contract during season.

I have no idea about club. Try to look at rosters, maximum of 5 foreigners in russian clubs (Admiral 7). If it is only a loan for few months, maybe it is non-russian club? I am sure, it is not Lev. They have too many C.
Wouldn't be suprised if it is Medvescak. Three seasons ago he played for Hershey Bears under Mark French, who is current coach of Medvescak. And Medvescak still needs two centers.

Old
07-08-2013, 04:37 AM
SoundAndFury

It would make a lot of sense if it was Minsk. They never avoided signing Canadians and at this point they lack like half of the roster.

07-08-2013, 06:04 AM
Mikey09

Medvescak

G Barry Brust 1y deal
G Andrej Vasiljevic 1y deal (junior contract)

Slovan
F Richard Mraz 3y deal

Old
07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
seeep

Mamashev's new club is Traktor (1 year)

Old
07-08-2013, 10:58 AM
seeep

so atm free agency list of russian d-men looks very poor

Old
07-08-2013, 11:14 AM
seeep

Burmistrov officially signed 2 years deal with Ak Bars
http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/07/08/179861.html

Old
07-08-2013, 11:19 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeep View Post
what's with the NHL dream?

Old
07-08-2013, 11:26 AM
seeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Winnipeg isn't a good NHL dream

Old
07-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Good signing from Ak Bars. The KHL needs more of young players of this caliber. Hopefully more of them to come.

Old
07-08-2013, 12:35 PM
seeep

Torpedo has already released 3 old d-men: Malenkyh (Magnitka), Bykov, Varlamov (retired)

looks like a good choice for Torpedo

Old
07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Winnipeg isn't a good NHL dream
Ya don't you know what Bryzgalov said about there?

Old
07-08-2013, 06:41 PM
malkinfan

Humphries to Lev is now official. Here is an older article about him. He turned down try out offer from Canucks.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...583/story.html

In case you guys didn't see, Russian NHL camp invites include monster Telyakov, Larionov client Plotnikov and Gogolev. Not sure where either 3 will play this year.

Old
07-08-2013, 06:43 PM
malkinfan

Quote:
Another prodigal son returns. I remember him saying that the KHL was for older guys and he had no interest.....Lol wonder if he read that from the agents cue-cards like all of the Russian guys at the draft interviews.

Old
07-08-2013, 08:04 PM
metmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Another prodigal son returns. I remember him saying that the KHL was for older guys and he had no interest.....Lol wonder if he read that from the agents cue-cards like all of the Russian guys at the draft interviews.
I vividly recall that aswell
I wish somebody could find that vid and post it up here.

Actually, I would instead love for some journalist to play the clip on his/her ipad and have Burmistrov comment on that after a few regular season Ak-Bars games.

that would be jokes

Old
07-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Atas2000

I don't get why ppl act like 7 y.o.. "...but he said that"

Like nobody understands why he said that or why every russian player has to answer stupid questions and reassure the guys in NA a thousand times he won't do the Radulov. It's not the player's fault.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:45 AM
metmag

Im sure it would give young Russian MHL players some insight to hear why a still currently young Russian has returned despite an arguably stable NHL future. And precisely what it is that he thinks the KHL is in terms of a hockey career perspective.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Im sure it would give young Russian MHL players some insight to hear why a still currently young Russian has returned despite an arguably stable NHL future. And precisely what it is that he thinks the KHL is in terms of a hockey career perspective.
Please stop pretending like you don't understand what the whole situation is about. It's a single case. A special case. Burmistrov is on a team that basically doesn't want him and tries to transform him into a player he never should become. He waited long enough. Nothing changes so he does what's best for him, change of scenery. It all has nothing to do with the NHL or the KHL or the development. Winnipeg is a graveyard for skilled players. They want everybody on the team to grind but got Burmistrov as a legacy of the Thrashers and never really knew what to do with him.

Old
07-09-2013, 04:49 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Please stop pretending like you don't understand what the whole situation is about. It's a single case. A special case. Burmistrov is on a team that basically doesn't want him and tries to transform him into a player he never should become. He waited long enough. Nothing changes so he does what's best for him, change of scenery. It all has nothing to do with the NHL or the KHL or the development. Winnipeg is a graveyard for skilled players. They want everybody on the team to grind but got Burmistrov as a legacy of the Thrashers and never really knew what to do with him.
No. No no no. Pretty much everything what you've said is wrong. I get a feeling you don't watch NHL a whole lot, do you?

It's not a single or a special case, it's just one of the many instances where player was rushed to the NHL. First season in Atlanta where he mostly played 3rd line minutes was disastrous from the development standpoint. He obviously needed seasoning in the regular top-6 role but.. It was Atlanta, enough said. Funny thing you said Winnipeg "got Burmistrov as a legacy of the Thrashers and never really knew what to do with him" when in reality it was exactly Thrashers who never really did the right thing and put Jets into very difficult position.

Everyone in Winnipeg understood Burmi is a Top-6 prospect but he was not a legit Top-6 player and, like many players of this type before him (see Bailey, Josh), he got into the never-world of sorts where team can't afford to keep you out of the lineup but can't give you good minutes either.

However the funniest and most clueless thing you've said is this little nugget: "Winnipeg is a graveyard for skilled players. They want everybody on the team to grind". Jets are the exact opposite, poor man's Blackhawks, fast transition team. They have players like Jokinen, Antropov, Little, Wheeler, Wellwood and just traded for Setoguchi who have very little or no grinding skills at all.. It's more like they are a junkyard of players who can't hit their way out of the wet paper bag. I mean Ladd is THE only legit grinding Bruins-type player in their entire Top-9 group.

The only thing in your post which is undebatable truth is that Burmistrov desperately needed a change in scenery (be it a trade or return to the KHL) and it's for the best.

Burmi's story in a nutshell from yesterday's Yahoo article:

"His unfulfilled potential speaks directly to two factors: That he's undersized and easy to knock off the puck, and that he was rushed to the NHL rather than being allowed to develop more, say, in the OHL. He didnít have the consistency to remain in a top six role with the Jets this season."

"He was frustrated. They were frustrated. And now he's gone for the next two years."

Old
07-09-2013, 05:59 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
you think? 22 or so drafted in the import draft, most will show up, most will come back "broken", but most will go the next year when drafted again.

Old
07-09-2013, 06:02 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Supposedly Vladimir Kramar of Barys will join CSKA system. To me, it makes no sense. Experienced backup for MHL team?
I didn't post it, as it's not yet official, but boy I hope it's just a rumor...Undersized guy with awful stats while we have a bunch of talented 94-97 goalies in the system. Unless THK needs a backup...The guy is also under the contract through the next season

Last edited by cska78: 07-09-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old
07-09-2013, 06:57 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
I didn't post it, as it's not yet official, but boy I hope it's just a rumor...Undersized guy with awful stats while we have a bunch of talented 94-97 goalies in the system. Unless THK needs a backup...The guy is also under the contract through the next season
It was on shaiba.kz and they called Mikhail Grigoryev joining Torpedo long before it was officially announced. Also it makes sense as Barys is releasing every single minor non-Kazakh passport holding Russian in the system. Even the ones whose rights they recently obtained in Lassila Omsk trade.

More chances for local talant like Rakhmanov or even Zinchenko. I'm all for it.

Old
07-09-2013, 08:15 AM
cska78

Bykov to Amur

Closed Thread