HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GuyF on 930 CJCA

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-25-2003, 03:43 PM
  #1
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
GuyF on 930 CJCA

I was on this afternoon at 4:30, anybody catch it? Sorry I was out ouf town (party in Jasper) so wasn't able to post advance notice.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 04:12 PM
  #2
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,322
vCash: 500
Sorry Guy, you should know....no one listens to 930 CJCA.

Slats432 is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 04:19 PM
  #3
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Sorry Guy, you should know....no one listens to 930 CJCA.
That's too bad. John Short and Jason Gregor are good guys and know their stuff. I like all the shows really, Stauffer and Spec are great too (I'll be on next Thursday on that show too by the way) and I like Bryn and Jake in the mornings... (still waiting for them to call... hint! hint!)
Syd is the only radio guy that I haven't actually had a conversation with so far (off air I mean) but I think he's very knowledgeable and I enjoy his show too.

Gee, do I sound like I'm sucking up much? HOOVER!

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 04:23 PM
  #4
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
I was on this afternoon at 4:30, anybody catch it? Sorry I was out ouf town (party in Jasper) so wasn't able to post advance notice.
Hey Guy,

I will be in the studio running the board, and most likely some air-time with Will Frasier, so if anyone wants to listen to 930 tonight from 11-1 we have Edmonton's only late night sports talk show, phone calls, usually entertaining!!

Just A Game tonight at 11:00 with Will Frasier and D. Nielson

Unbiased Canadian

PS if you guys want to listen to guy you can go to www.anysportanytime.com and check out the archived file of today's show....or you can check out the site next Tuesday when I will have the play-by-play of Grand Prairie and Llyodminster AJHL style.

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 04:25 PM
  #5
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
if you guys want to listen to guy you can go to www.anysportanytime.com and check out the archived file of today's show....


or you can check out the site next Tuesday when I will have the play-by-play of Grand Prairie and Llyodminster AJHL style.
Archives.... very sweet! Now no ones got an excuse not to listen.

Excellent. and congrats on the gig U.C.

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 04:33 PM
  #6
Nielson81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
Archives.... very sweet! Now no ones got an excuse not to listen.

Excellent. and congrats on the gig U.C.
Hey Guy,

Just listened to the archived show, you sounded really good!! Represented HF while.

Unbiased Canadian

Nielson81 is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
  #7
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
I would be careful about the bryn show. Apparently, matts from oilfans will be on with you and his hockey knowledge is unparalelled.

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 05:54 PM
  #8
fulk hogan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
I Just listened to the archived show and I thought you were great. Nice work on getting Hockey's Future name out there!

fulk hogan is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 08:19 PM
  #9
hillbillypriest
Registered User
 
hillbillypriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: there there
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooty mcboobs
I Just listened to the archived show and I thought you were great. Nice work on getting Hockey's Future name out there!
Listening to the archived show Guy. You're a natural. Great stuff.

hillbillypriest is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 08:20 PM
  #10
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
I would be careful about the bryn show. Apparently, matts from oilfans will be on with you and his hockey knowledge is unparalelled.
I think Salo must have Banged Matts old lady or something, because he just doesn't stop slagging Salo on Oilfans.

Chayos is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 08:27 PM
  #11
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
hey when I play the archive the interview starts half way through (talking about the magazine was half way through the entire thing). Does that happen with everyone? then if I want to skip ahead in the show, my sound disappears.?? is it me?

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-25-2003, 08:35 PM
  #12
Oiler_Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
hey when I play the archive the interview starts half way through (talking about the magazine was half way through the entire thing). Does that happen with everyone? then if I want to skip ahead in the show, my sound disappears.?? is it me?
No, me too. Good interview for what you could hear, I would have liked to have listened to the whole thing.

Oiler_Fan is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 10:32 AM
  #13
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
great interview. It is always interesting putting a voice to someone who posts here. I am glad I listened because when I see your posts, I always assumed your name was pronounced Guy Flaming ( it would rhyme with "My Naming". Boy was I wrong.

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 10:40 AM
  #14
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
great interview. It is always interesting putting a voice to someone who posts here. I am glad I listened because when I see your posts, I always assumed your name was pronounced Guy Flaming ( it would rhyme with "My Naming". Boy was I wrong.
yeah my name is mispronounced all the time. It's actually Jean-Guy but I dropped the first part out of frustration of being called "Jean (like blue jeans) Guy (not a gal but a...)".

So I just go by Guy (like Lafleur) which is how I always said it to people but then there are those who don't seem to know who Guy LaFleur is.

Flaming is tough sometimes. It is Flaming as in "The flaming embers in the camp fire...". Jason Gregor was pronouncing it as though it rymes with slamming but it doesn't. It rymes with taming.

And yes I have heard all the flaming this and flaming that jokes. I guess it's like the people who's last name is "Dick" or "Balls"... you get used to the jokes. It's dutch and it's not like I chose it or anything.

lol, Bob Stauffer thought it was my "stage name".

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 01:07 PM
  #15
Oiler-Kiwi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Blantyre, Scotland
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 214
vCash: 500
If you took time to read his posts on the thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
I would be careful about the bryn show. Apparently, matts from oilfans will be on with you and his hockey knowledge is unparalelled.
regarding his slot on the Bryn show you might just change your opinion.

Oiler-Kiwi is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 01:09 PM
  #16
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler-Kiwi
regarding his slot on the Bryn show you might just change your opinion.
what does that mean?

And did you have any luck with your search for Oiler tickets for this March? Did you have any luck with the Oilers?

Guy Flaming is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 04:13 PM
  #17
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
i was being fecitious. Matts has never had an informed opinion, ever. Compare his criticisms to igor's ot lowetide's analysis and he looks ridiculous.

The problem with oilfans can be described as "resticted gene pool" You have a bunch of really good guys who like the oilers but there is no dissenting opinion. At HF, all teams are represented. The moment I say "the sedin sisters will be Burke's dowfall", a good poster like Mizral will come here and unsuccessfully try to prove me wrong. It makes for good debate.

On oilfans, anyone who doesn't share the opinion is a troll. Guys like matts who never say anything positive are regarded as being balanced. It is a badge of honor to call lowe a liar or salo a peice of shot, or the org "bush league". In reality, you need fans from every team to keep us honest, not trolls.

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 04:26 PM
  #18
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
I think you're being a little unfair to Matts. Sure, he is a little overzealous at times... but everyone has different extremes to which they are willing to "feel" and vent. Haha.. what you dig out of all the Salo bashing is that Salo had a very subpar year. I know it's taken to the extremes.. but I think the underlying point is the same.

Matts is entertaining and is as passionate as they come no matter where he directs his passions at... :p I think we can all give Matts that at least. (I'm pretty much grounded in the middle myself which I'm sure a lot of posters feel is a little boring.)

momentai is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 05:41 PM
  #19
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 7,888
vCash: 500
i have never had a problem with someone saying salo had a poor year. The problem I have is when he calls lowe a liar or when he calls the org bush league. I have met lowe several times and I will stick up for his charactor. Yo can debate his moves but to question his charactor is truly unfair.

Mr Sakich is offline  
Old
09-26-2003, 09:03 PM
  #20
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 500
It is all perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor dyck
i was being fecitious. Matts has never had an informed opinion, ever. Compare his criticisms to igor's ot lowetide's analysis and he looks ridiculous.

The problem with oilfans can be described as "resticted gene pool" You have a bunch of really good guys who like the oilers but there is no dissenting opinion. At HF, all teams are represented. The moment I say "the sedin sisters will be Burke's dowfall", a good poster like Mizral will come here and unsuccessfully try to prove me wrong. It makes for good debate.

On oilfans, anyone who doesn't share the opinion is a troll. Guys like matts who never say anything positive are regarded as being balanced. It is a badge of honor to call lowe a liar or salo a peice of shot, or the org "bush league". In reality, you need fans from every team to keep us honest, not trolls.
I don't post at Oilfans because I don't want to read through all the "your a idiot posts" to get to the meat. Of course there are some good posters there but I find all the name calling juvenile.

Also I get bored of the "Salo Sucks" and Matts being upset if it's not mentioned in the Journal and the Sun everyday. It has been mentioned that he struggled at least three times by every beat writer. How often do they have to say it??

But on Oilfans they find us boring because we don't insult each other etc.

To each their own.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.