HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR-VAN Prop

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
  #26
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb
agreed, Cloutier is a very good goalie and needs a change of scenery at this point, Sopel is also a solid dman, Vancouver can get more
Are you kidding me?

Cloutier has shown he can't get a very good team over the top.He makes too much money for what he does and Sopel is decent but doesn't hold much value, especially in the new NHL where players making good money will have significantly less value and young prospects will have that much more value as they will make little vs the cap and the new system will encourage team building.

JR#9* is offline  
Old
06-03-2005, 02:41 PM
  #27
ahmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
Is cloutier that much better then Weekes?The Rangers have some young d-men they're high on and it's shaping up to be a crowded ufa market,so if they want to add a vet d-man,they can without giving up a bluechip prospect.

the Rangers think Lundquist has the potential to become a top goalie.Since they're rebuilding with youngsters,it doesn't make sense that they'd trade a top bluechipper(who's close to being nhl ready),for 2 solid players.
as i said this deal doesn't make sense for both teams.. so i see y the rangers wouldn't do it.. however based on pure value i just don't see how lundqvist at this point is worth both cloutier and sopel and some say more... rangers think lundqvist has potential to become a top goalie? isn't that what all organization think about their higher end prospects?

ahmon is offline  
Old
06-03-2005, 05:50 PM
  #28
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,684
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon
wow talk about overrating prospects here.. even though this deal doesn't make sense for both teams.. cloutier and sopel combine worths a lot more than lundqvist ( just one good wc performance doesn't mean hes the next hasek)
just one good wc performance? haha, I think you should do a little more research on the subject.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 12:03 AM
  #29
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon
wow talk about overrating prospects here.. even though this deal doesn't make sense for both teams.. cloutier and sopel combine worths a lot more than lundqvist ( just one good wc performance doesn't mean hes the next hasek)
Just one good WC performance? You should try getting all the facts first before posting.

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 12:32 AM
  #30
Riggins
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 500
Excuse my ignorance but when did Lundqvist become this amazing prospect with such great potential? Just from this past season? A lot of it is coming from Sweden and NYR fans but still.

Has Montoya been kicked to the curb all of a sudden because of his poor WJC?

Riggins is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 01:00 AM
  #31
Thirty One
portnor, pls
 
Thirty One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,684
vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
Excuse my ignorance but when did Lundqvist become this amazing prospect with such great potential? Just from this past season? A lot of it is coming from Sweden and NYR fans but still.

Has Montoya been kicked to the curb all of a sudden because of his poor WJC?
Lundqvist didn't come out of nowhere this season. I believe it was his 3rd straight year winning the SEL top goalie. He's no sure thing, as it has been pointed out serveral times in this thread, he has yet to play in an NHL game, but he's proven he can stop puck at a high level.

I think some people are overreacting to Montoya's sub-par season, but I wouldn't call him kicked to the curb. I believe Ranger fans voted him the 3rd top prospect in the system.

Thirty One is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 01:18 AM
  #32
Phanuthier*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murder capital (Edm)
Posts: 10,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
The deal makes no sense for either team.

The NYR case has been already presented.

Vancouver is not looking for an ultra-young (read: totally UNPROVEN) goalie, no matter what his potential. That team's window is now and the next few seasons, as its corp is hitting their prime.

They need an NHL-proven improvement over Cloutier, not a "future".
Either way, Dan Cloutier is not the answere. If I were put into the Canucks GM chair, I'd do the deal and take the money saved to sign another starter. Its smart asset management.

Phanuthier* is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 02:11 AM
  #33
ahmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31-
Lundqvist didn't come out of nowhere this season. I believe it was his 3rd straight year winning the SEL top goalie. He's no sure thing, as it has been pointed out serveral times in this thread, he has yet to play in an NHL game, but he's proven he can stop puck at a high level.

I think some people are overreacting to Montoya's sub-par season, but I wouldn't call him kicked to the curb. I believe Ranger fans voted him the 3rd top prospect in the system.

as i have posted one wc showing doesn't mean much.. and top goalie in SEL barely means if its gonna translate into nHL success.. i mean the sedins won SEL MVP as 17 yrs old.. are they gonna be superstars? even as a canuck fans i know not.. so ppl ARE overrating him if you think he worths both cloutier and sopel at this point of his career..

ahmon is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 02:16 AM
  #34
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast
Excuse my ignorance but when did Lundqvist become this amazing prospect with such great potential? Just from this past season? A lot of it is coming from Sweden and NYR fans but still.

Has Montoya been kicked to the curb all of a sudden because of his poor WJC?

First off...the facts (stats) speak for Lundqvist.

2nd...no Ranger fan has kicked Montoya to the curb..but it seems like 90% of the hockey world has. The kid is 20 years old..so he had an average season and he sucks? He still has the potential to be a good starting goalie in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon
as i have posted one wc showing doesn't mean much.. and top goalie in SEL barely means if its gonna translate into nHL success.. i mean the sedins won SEL MVP as 17 yrs old.. are they gonna be superstars? even as a canuck fans i know not.. so ppl ARE overrating him if you think he worths both cloutier and sopel at this point of his career..
C'on...your comparing fowards to a goalie?

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 02:20 AM
  #35
ahmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Either way, Dan Cloutier is not the answere. If I were put into the Canucks GM chair, I'd do the deal and take the money saved to sign another starter. Its smart asset management.

agreeing that i don't think cloutier will work in vancouver, not because of his skill but how much pressure he has to suceed here, and the all offense approach the canucks play.

but good thing you are not our Gm, overpaying for a prospect, whos not proven is bad asset management..

ahmon is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 02:23 AM
  #36
ahmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
First off...the facts (stats) speak for Lundqvist.

2nd...no Ranger fan has kicked Montoya to the curb..but it seems like 90% of the hockey world has. The kid is 20 years old..so he had an average season and he sucks? He still has the potential to be a good starting goalie in the NHL.



C'on...your comparing fowards to a goalie?
im comparing the quality of play in 2 different leagues...

ahmon is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 02:28 AM
  #37
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon
im comparing the quality of play in 2 different leagues...

Was there a boat load of NHLers in SEL when the Sedins were playing?

FLYLine24 is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 02:39 AM
  #38
ahmon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Was there a boat load of NHLers in SEL when the Sedins were playing?
not as much for sure you are right.. but theres no way its even close to NHL quality.. i mean i can see y hes a highly rated prospect but he can become a starter in nhl or echl.. way too risky

ahmon is offline  
Old
06-04-2005, 03:10 AM
  #39
Wisent
Registered User
 
Wisent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mannheim
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier



Refresh my memory: When did Lundquist perform in the NHL playoffs, let alone the NHL? You know, the best league in the world, with the adults playing? Must of missed that.

Unless one is misinterpreting, your comment above suggests little/no differentiation between a guy yet to skate on NHL ice and the Brodeurs, Khabibulins, etc. of the world. Respectfully, time for a reality check.

No one is suggesting that he does not have the potential to be special in the NHL. But he hasn't proven a thing yet as far as that league goes.
Well, he played in the SEL, one of the best league during the lockout and he was excellent. That's good enough for me.

Wisent is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.