HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #7 (Halak rumor from CSN, post #628)

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 08:17 AM
duffy9748

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Snider needs to realize bringing in a Miller or Luongo at the expense of losing a top 9 forward + whatever else may be needed, does not put this team in cup contention and only sets the franchise back. Keep the core (which includes a player like Read) intact, and DO NOT trade that 11th pick!

Confide in Homer to do the right thing, which would to bring in a vet goalie like Emery to "platoon" Mason to see if he can live up to his past potential on this team.
All depends on the price obviously but I'd prefer a Miller/Mason tandem. Getting sick of having an unproven guy in net.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:19 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Vinny L was just bought out in Tampa. You know the rumors about Montreal and Toronto will be full throttle, but the flyers are going to be there too you would suspect right?
I think he'll still get a good chunk of change for a relatively long deal, just not as ridiculous as his prior deal. I could see him getting 5+ for 5+

Old
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I think he'll still get a good chunk of change for a relatively long deal, just not as ridiculous as his prior deal. I could see him getting 5+ for 5+
I wouldn't go anywhere near a 5 year deal but 5 million I could see him getting. Maybe a 3 year 15 million type deal. If the Flyers do try for I'm and get him, I don't think schenn moves to wing, we might trade one of them. Friedman yesterday said he was available for a young(strong) return on defense. Have no clue who that was though and he wouldn't let the rumor out because he couldn't confirm it(couts that is)

Last edited by Prongo: 06-27-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
FLYERSFAN18

I would rather keep the 4 centers we have and add a winger. If this team was a lecavalier away from winning the cup, then by all means get him. But we are not so if we are getting more offense I would rather get a winger. The only way we should be in on him IMO is if he signs a real cheap deal.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 1175
Interesting on Vinny, he would probably get a few years more than we'd like to see.

06-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

I would not be upset if the Flyers made moves on Lecavalier. The thought of Vinny-G-Jake combo really makes my meat loaf. All would have to be for the right price of course but maybe that French Canadian Giroux connection could lure him here. Not an absolute need at this time but it would allow us to get a top player to play with G without giving up anything for guys like Ryan ect...

Old
06-27-2013, 08:32 AM
ILoveStephanieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I would rather keep the 4 centers we have and add a winger. If this team was a lecavalier away from winning the cup, then by all means get him. But we are not so if we are getting more offense I would rather get a winger. The only way we should be in on him IMO is if he signs a real cheap deal.
I agree. Plus he would be taking away ice time from Schenn, Couts and Laughton. Ice time they need in order to develop into the players we think they will be.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:33 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
I wouldn't go anywhere near a 5 year deal but 5 million I could see him getting. Maybe a 3 year 15 million type deal. If the Flyers do try for I'm and get him, I don't think schenn moves to wing, we might trade one of them. Friedman yesterday said he was available for a young(strong) return on defense. Have no clue who that was though and he wouldn't let the rumor out because he couldn't confirm it(couts that is)
I could easily see him getting 5 years. He's only 33 and still playing at a pretty high level. Not MVP-caliber any more, but I think well enough to warrant a team wanting him for five years. Hell we just gave Mark Streit four years on a 35+ deal (I know, I know, Homer is the only one stupidest enough to give out a contract like that).

Old
06-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Curufinwe

Streit is not the only player who got signed to contract that won't end till he's 39 or older. Detroit did the same with Datsyuk, and Dallas signed Gonchar till he's 41.

Vinny would be the second line center here, BSchenn would have to move to the wing.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:35 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

The last thing this team needs is another center. Schenn sucks at wing.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Unstable

Oh God, Homer is quoted in today's inky saying to expect "funny stuff" before July 5th.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:36 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
I agree. Plus he would be taking away ice time from Schenn, Couts and Laughton. Ice time they need in order to develop into the players we think they will be.
We need those guys to develop and to find a goalie that can be relied upon and a winger that can contribute now but is in the same age group as the rest of our forward (23-27)

Old
06-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
He has barely played there. Long term I think he could develop into a Shane Doan style winger

Old
06-27-2013, 08:38 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Oh God, Homer is quoted in today's inky saying to expect "funny stuff" before July 5th.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:39 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. The only times I remember him playing wing was on Girouxs RW, which is Schenns off wing, and playing with Briere. Briere made everone he played with look bad the last two years. If he is going to be tried at wing it needs to be on the left side and for more than just a handful of games. Look at Carter, he never looked like he would be good on the wing but he has played some of his best hockey in LA where he spent a majority of his time on Richard's wing

Old
06-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Watch the videos on flyers.nhl.com. He said there would be a lot funny stuff going on between now and July 5. Asked if he would be doing any, he laughed and said 'yeah probably' or something like that.

Don't read too much into it. He said that he wasn't going to trade Couts or BSchenn.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:41 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
7/56m for Vinny!!!!! Oh god help us all.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:42 AM
flyersfromquebec

Quote:
Vinny L was just bought out in Tampa. You know the rumors about Montreal and Toronto will be full throttle, but the flyers are going to be there too you would suspect right?
With Lavy I think its a sure bet they will at least check the price, at something between 4-5m I think it could be a great upgrade on the second line Vinny, Schenn, Simonds. Remember he won the cup, he is a great leader, he was playing in a def system and put up great numbers but he is often injured and thats a risk.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:44 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I wouldn't mind
Vinny.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:46 AM
ILoveStephanieBrown

This team cannot get better overnight. It's going to take time and patience through growing pains to become a strong contender again. Signing Lecavalier, to me, just seems worthless, and another move that'll stagnate one of our younger center's growth.
Only way I would be ok with him here is if he wants to play wing on the top line with G and Jake (and that would have to be cheap, which I doubt would happen)

Old
06-27-2013, 08:52 AM
orange is better
Lattelepjandi lopatr

i might be biased because Lecavalier was always one of my favorite players in his glory days, but I would love to see him on the flyers. I think he could revive his offensive game in this system too, but he's always been a great 2-way player and would be an outstanding mentor for couturier.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
flyershockey

There's no reason why this team should even entertain the thought of bringing in Vinny Lecavalier. He doesn't fit the age of the rest of the core, and he's not the same player he was before he got Matt Cooked a couple of years ago. Come on HF, you're better than the morons on my Facebook news feed right now.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:54 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
i might be biased because Lecavalier was always one of my favorite players in his glory days, but I would love to see him on the flyers. I think he could revive his offensive game in this system too, but he's always been a great 2-way player and would be an outstanding mentor for couturier.
I really don't see him coming here. He immediately becomes UFA #1 if you ask me (barring other buyouts, of course). The price will be too steep.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:55 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

Quote:
This is one of the greatest gifs I have ever seen. I am lol'ing at work and I can't stop watching this.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Negative on Vinny. Let's keep Schenn and/or Couturier on the second line.

Closed Thread