HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chances of Bobby Ryan

Old
06-23-2013, 09:58 PM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Im using Couturier compared to Palmieri which was brought up by another poster a few posts ago.
Why is that relevant here and what's your point? Are you going to pretend that Couturier is much more established than Palmieri? Well, that's foolish. Does he have higher upside than Palms? Of course. I'm not sure why this matters though to be honest. This is more about Bobby Ryan, not Kyle Palmieri

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Thats a pretty absurd overpayment by us. Its funny to see Duck fans banking on Palmieri to already be better than Read, but Couturier, a much better prospect and pedigree, would just be a "meh" return for Ryan. Pretty comical actually.
I really don't think the two front offices see eye to eye. To me, it felt like Bobby would be moved last year at the draft (especially the days leading up) but I believe LeBrun mentioned that the two sides just couldn't work something out.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIE LACK View Post
Ryan to Vancouver PLEASSSE! I'd give so much up for him, it's ridiculous.
Edler for Ryan is one trade most fans seem to mutually agree upon

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:02 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Why is that relevant here and what's your point? Are you going to pretend that Couturier is much more established than Palmieri? Well, that's foolish. Does he have higher upside than Palms? Of course. I'm not sure why this matters though to be honest. This is more about Bobby Ryan, not Kyle Palmieri
My point was that Duck fans dont want Read because they are banking on Palmieri's POTENTIAL to surpass Read. But you guys downshoot Couturiers potential a lot, its just kind of hypocritical. And thats where Couturier's higher pedigree and potential came into play, comparing it to Palmieri.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
AngelDuck
Keith MF Richards

Quote:
My point was that Duck fans dont want Read because they are banking on Palmieri's POTENTIAL to surpass Read. But you guys downshoot Couturiers potential a lot, its just kind of hypocritical. And thats where Couturier's higher pedigree and potential came into play, comparing it to Palmieri.
We don't want Read for Ryan because we already have something close to a Read in Palmieri (who will be cheaper than Read soon as well). Do you not understand that? We want Coots because he can be a 2C for us. I'm not downplaying Coots' "pedigree and potential". I'm simply stating that we can pretty much be damn sure that Murray is going to want Coots in a Ryan trade. We really don't need Read and prospects for Ryan. That makes us worse. We either need top 4 defenseman or a 2C.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:08 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Yeah because the Ducks can sit pat and hope Palmieri reaches his potential. Trading Ryan for Couturier and hoping he reaches is potential is far riskier.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:11 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Yeah because the Ducks can sit pat and hope Palmieri reaches his potential. Trading Ryan for Couturier and hoping he reaches is potential is far riskier.
Yes I see what you are saying, although I dont think theres any question Couturier becomes a 60+ point player with great, which he already has, defensive shutdown ability. But thats where we disagree.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:30 PM
PFL615

Nash-Ryan

Ana- Watson, Halischuck, 2014 2nd.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:38 PM
N o o d l e s

If he makes it to UFA I think he will undoubtedly sign in Philadelphia. That being said, the Ducks would be stupid to let him get there. They are either going to re-sign him themselves, or trade him for the best return.

It depends what Philly is willing to offer. It's most likely going to be a d-man/center combination, which Philly could pull of if they're willing to move Couturier and Coburn (or something similar). It wouldn't be summer without Ryan to Philly rumors, anyway.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:42 PM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
Umm...maybe they want to fill a gaping hole on their roster? If the Ducks are gonna trade him, they're gonna get the deal they want. I'm positive they could get a better deal than that from another team.
And the Flyers will wait 2 years and sign him as a free agent. Our younger players will continue to grow, and we will be serious contenders at that point.

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:45 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
We don't want Read for Ryan because we already have something close to a Read in Palmieri (who will be cheaper than Read soon as well). Do you not understand that? We want Coots because he can be a 2C for us. I'm not downplaying Coots' "pedigree and potential". I'm simply stating that we can pretty much be damn sure that Murray is going to want Coots in a Ryan trade. We really don't need Read and prospects for Ryan. That makes us worse. We either need top 4 defenseman or a 2C.
Are you guys interested in Coburn to fill the top 4 defenseman spot? If so, what would we have to add. Coburn + what for Ryan?

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:46 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
And the Flyers will wait 2 years and sign him as a free agent. Our younger players will continue to grow, and we will be serious contenders at that point.
Great! Everyone wins.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Eddie Shack
The doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Are you guys interested in Coburn to fill the top 4 defenseman spot? If so, what would we have to add. Coburn + what for Ryan?
Coburn is NOT the centerpiece to a Ryan trade. Nor is a 1st round pick.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Infinite Jest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Nash-Ryan

Ana- Watson, Halischuck, 2014 2nd.
That's awful for Anaheim, absolutely awful.

Infinite Jest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:52 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Anaheim fans claim they want a top 4 dman as the centerpiece, Flyers offer exactly that plus a top 11 pick and get laughed at. The logic doesnt add up...

Old
06-23-2013, 10:53 PM
KJS14

I'm purposely trying to keep Couturier and the 11th out, so tell me if this would be close to fair value.

Coburn + Laughton + 2013 2nd + 2014 2nd

for

Ryan + 2013 3rd

Old
06-23-2013, 10:53 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
What makes you think he'll even get to UFA status? He's more than likely to sign with whichever team he's traded too (if he's traded) and if he does make it to UFA the Flyers will be competing with 29 other teams for his services. Sure he has Philly ties but I'm sure there will be other teams out there who can offer more than Philly can.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Anaheim fans claim they want a top 4 dman as the centerpiece, Flyers offer exactly that plus a top 11 pick and get laughed at. The logic doesnt add up...
Value wise a Coburn+Read+11th overall is not bad. I personally don't like it but its not far off. I think the Ducks would get better offers. No way I add Sbisa to Ryan for that though. Allen would have to go the other way.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:55 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
I'm purposely trying to keep Couturier and the 11th out, so tell me if this would be close to fair value.

for

Ryan + 2013 3rd
Ehh it depends. Duck fans probably dont think Laughton could become a 2nd line C, he is more of a safe bet as a 3C. I think he has potential if hes developed properly, and who is better at developing forwards than the Flyers, that he could become a 50-60 point 2nd line center.

Old
06-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:

for

Ryan + 2013 3rd
Not close. Laughton really isn't much of a need, the Ducks have guys with the same or higher potential than him. Couturier's the asset they'd want, he could be a great #2 center behind Getzlaf and his potential makes a Ryan deal with it. Same goes for Schenn.

Absolutely no sense trading him without getting one of those two. Ducks don't have to trade him to Philly, or even at all, so they hold all the cards. Might as well use them.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 10:58 PM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
What makes you think he'll even get to UFA status? He's more than likely to sign with whichever team he's traded too (if he's traded) and if he does make it to UFA the Flyers will be competing with 29 other teams for his services.
If he thought he could get that many offers, why would he resign rather than hit UFA and cash in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Sure he has Philly ties but I'm sure there will be other teams out there who can offer more than Philly can.
He has stated before that he would love to play in Philly, so I assume he would take a slight hometown discount. And how many other GMs can offer more than Philly?

Old
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Ehh it depends. Duck fans probably dont think Laughton could become a 2nd line C, he is more of a safe bet as a 3C. I think he has potential if hes developed properly, and who is better at developing forwards than the Flyers, that he could become a 50-60 point 2nd line center.
Laughton's not a bad piece, but the Ducks have at least three prospects with similar or greater potential who are all centers, including a better version of him in Rickard Rakell(more or less). And that doesn't include a guy like Bonino, who's fairly young and already a pretty good bottom six C. Absolutely no reason to target Laughton in a deal like this, it's gotta be one of the big two or bust.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:

for

Ryan + 2013 3rd
Big pass IMO.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 11:02 PM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Not close. Laughton really isn't much of a need, the Ducks have guys with the same or higher potential than him. Couturier's the asset they'd want, he could be a great #2 center behind Getzlaf and his potential makes a Ryan deal with it. Same goes for Schenn.

Absolutely no sense trading him without getting one of those two. Ducks don't have to trade him to Philly, or even at all, so they hold all the cards. Might as well use them.
I agree with most of what you said. I think Couturier would have to be included, but I was just putting it out there. But, Anaheim doesn't hold all of the cards. Ryan's value will fall a little more if you don't deal him this year (offseason or deadline). A player with 2 years left until UFA is way more appealing than a player with 1 year left.

Old
06-23-2013, 11:02 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Which top 4 dman in the league is?

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote