HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chances of Bobby Ryan

Old
06-24-2013, 12:45 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
I forgot how ideal the goalie situation is in Anaheim. My mistake. If you want to play the trophy card, Bryz is a former Vezina candidate. Its laughable to call him a backup caliber goalie even if he can't live up to his contract.
Great try at sarcasm but the Ducks have one of the more favourable goaltending situations in the league. A solid 1A 1B tandem, two very good prospects in Anderson and Gibson and a wild-card prospect in Bobkov.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
I forgot how ideal the goalie situation is in Anaheim. My mistake. If you want to play the trophy card, Bryz is a former Vezina candidate. Its laughable to call him a backup caliber goalie even if he can't live up to his contract.
Last year he was a backup caliber goalie. I thought the first year he was decent for you guys - not worth signing for 9 years but decent enough during the regular season.

And Anaheim's goalie situation is pretty good. Hiller is an adequate starter, Fasth may or may not prove capable of being a starting goalie over the course of a full season but he's at the worst a very good backup and Gibson is arguably the top goalie prospect in hockey right now.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:47 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Well both our goalies outperformed Bryz last year. Fasth's contract is back loaded so actually keeping both this year is not an issue at all. Plus we have arguably the best goalie prospect in the league in Gibson. Andersen had a damn good year in the minors too. Pretty set at goalie actually.
Well I'll give you Gibson, but he still isn't NHL ready. Anaheim fans are throwing Hiller into any and every proposal they make, because he's not solid. Fasth had a good year, but it was limited and he's going to be 31. Sounds set to me.

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Well I'll give you Gibson, but he still isn't NHL ready. Anaheim fans are throwing Hiller into any and every proposal they make, because he's not solid. Fasth had a good year, but it was limited and he's going to be 31. Sounds set to me.
Who is throwing Hiller into every proposal? If he's traded it's because management and the coaching staff think Fasth can handle a starters workload. With or without Hiller our goaltending situation is looking a lot brighter than Philly's right now.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Last year he was a backup caliber goalie. I thought the first year he was decent for you guys - not worth signing for 9 years but decent enough during the regular season.

And Anaheim's goalie situation is pretty good. Hiller is an adequate starter, Fasth may or may not prove capable of being a starting goalie over the course of a full season but he's at the worst a very good backup and Gibson is arguably the top goalie prospect in hockey right now.
If anything its the other way around. Bryz had a decent year in his first year here, but it was the worse of the two. He played well for the first half of this year, but the team in front of him couldn't put anything together. After starting 22 straight games, the wheels came off in the 2nd half of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Who is throwing Hiller into every proposal? If he's traded it's because management and the coaching staff think Fasth can handle a starters workload. With or without Hiller our goaltending situation is looking a lot brighter than Philly's right now.
I can't even count how many times I've seen Hiller thrown in a Ryan to Philly proposal in the last 2 weeks. Maybe check the 10 other threads? You can bank on Gibson, but you better hope an unproven 31 year old can fill the gap until then.

Old
06-24-2013, 12:56 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Please delete...

Old
06-24-2013, 12:57 AM
rollingdux

This is getting ugly.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:59 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
A Flyers fan bad-mouthing another team's goaltending situation is the equivalent of a Phoenix fan making fun of another team's owner ( sorry Phoenix fans I mean no disrespect just making a comparison). Just give it up already.
I didn't badmouth Anaheim's situation until someone brought up Bryz's contract. Our situation isn't good, but I'm pretty sure I just proved Anaheim's is far from "set."

Old
06-24-2013, 01:00 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdux View Post
This is getting ugly.
The funny thing is I came in here with good intentions, but the Anaheim fans started taking shots at everything.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
If anything its the other way around. Bryz had a decent year in his first year here, but it was the worse of the two. He played well for the first half of this year, but the team in front of him couldn't put anything together. After starting 22 straight games, the wheels came off in the 2nd half of the season.

I can't even count how many times I've seen Hiller thrown in a Ryan to Philly proposal in the last 2 weeks. Maybe check the 10 other threads? You can bank on Gibson, but you better hope an unproven 31 year old can fill the gap until then.
Weren't you the one just talking up read despite him being thrown around in a lot of deals? Same logic. Hiller is solid starter but goalie is a big strength at the moment. Andersen played great in the AHL despite playing behind a poor team. Gibson not only dominated in juniors but against NHL players at worlds. Not hard to see why Ducks might not be too concerned with using one as a backup. Hiller is being thrown around by people here because they see this same thing. Doesn't mean he has to be moved. I would trade Hiller for right deal but not just for sake of moving him. Our goalie situation is better next year with him.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennSational1022 View Post
Not even close lol
Whats your definition of close?

Itd be within a million. Giroux will get 8+ and Ryan will get around 7. Giroux could ask for closer to 9 if he wanted and Philly would pay up.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I didn't badmouth Anaheim's situation until someone brought up Bryz's contract. Our situation isn't good, but I'm pretty sure I just proved Anaheim's is far from "set."
Noone brought up Bryz until you took a shot with "better than having 17 million tied in two players".

No one ever said Anaheim was set. You started the crap with that shot.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:06 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Weren't you the one just talking up read despite him being thrown around in a lot of deals? Same logic. Hiller is solid starter but goalie is a big strength at the moment. Andersen played great in the AHL despite playing behind a poor team. Gibson not only dominated in juniors but against NHL players at worlds. Not hard to see why Ducks might not be too concerned with using one as a backup. Hiller is being thrown around by people here because they see this same thing. Doesn't mean he has to be moved. I would trade Hiller for right deal but not just for sake of moving him. Our goalie situation is better next year with him.
I said Read is underrated, but he's being thrown around in trades because we are actually looking to trade him. Hiller had a good season 3 years ago, a bad season 2 years ago, and an ok season this year. Kinda hard to say he's solid. And I still can't believe you think Fasth is a proven starter after one limited season in the NHL.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:08 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Noone brought up Bryz until you took a shot with "better than having 17 million tied in two players".

No one ever said Anaheim was set. You started the crap with that shot.
Actually, someone took a shot at Philly's cap room, so I replied with the 17m tied up in two players comment.

Then someone took a shot a Bryz's contract, so I replied by talking about your goalie situation. And someone did say Anaheim's goalie situation was set, even though it clearly is not.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:08 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
You didn't prove anything, you stated how old Fasth is and said that you've seen Hiller in trade proposals. If you line up every organizations top 4 goaltenders, Anaheim's Hiller/Fasth/Gibson/Anderson stacks right up there with the best.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:09 AM
TT1

ryan for plekanec + 2nd, dooh it anaheim u need a legit 2nd line center

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:10 AM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Hiller is an average starter. Nothing special, but very solid. Fasth is a wild card who has upside to be better than Hiller, but also could be exposed next year and turn into a average-to-below average starter. I think Fasth will be better than Hiller though. Just my opinion. Anderson is a good prospect who had a VERY good season in the AHL on a bad team. Gibson is one of the best G prospects in hockey, and lots of people see him taking over as the starter in Anaheim in just two years.

The Anaheim goalie situation is fine. I wish Hiller was the same as he was in 2010-2011, but it's not a perfect world. It's too bad Hiller has never been quite the same since that injury. Still, he's serviceable.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I said Read is underrated, but he's being thrown around in trades because we are actually looking to trade him. Hiller had a good season 3 years ago, a bad season 2 years ago, and an ok season this year. Kinda hard to say he's solid. And I still can't believe you think Fasth is a proven starter after one limited season in the NHL.
Where did I ever say Fasth is a proven starter?

Hiller had a bad year after the vertigo. Ducks had their best regular season ever this year, he was not bad this year. Don't know why people are saying that.

Plus if Fasth struggles, he's under contract for one more year after this. I think he will be fine starting personally. Had a great start to year, then struggled after his injury. Plus I really think Gibson will be a stud so not really worried about Fasth.

Old
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post

The Anaheim goalie situation is fine. I wish Hiller was the same as he was in 2010-2011, but it's not a perfect world. It's too bad Hiller has never been quite the same since that injury. Still, he's serviceable.
Pretty much. With Hiller you know what you're going to get - a solid performance most nights and while he won't stand on his head and steal games like Quick or Lunqvist does chances are he won't be the reason for losing many games either.

Old
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
Hiller is an average starter. Nothing special, but very solid. Fasth is a wild card who has upside to be better than Hiller, but also could be exposed next year and turn into a average-to-below average starter. I think Fasth will be better than Hiller though. Just my opinion. Anderson is a good prospect who had a VERY good season in the AHL on a bad team. Gibson is one of the best G prospects in hockey, and lots of people see him taking over as the starter in Anaheim in just two years.

While I don't agree that Fasth will be better than Hiller was, this is the point I was trying to make. I agreed that your prospects are promising, but are still 2-3 years from being NHL ready. And Hiller isn't going to reach the same level as 2010-2011 again.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:14 AM
jhoops89
R.I.P. Thrashers

He'll definitely go to Philly. Ryan for the Schenn brothers maybe?

jhoops89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:15 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Where did I ever say Fasth is a proven starter?

Hiller had a bad year after the vertigo. Ducks had their best regular season ever this year, he was not bad this year. Don't know why people are saying that.

Plus if Fasth struggles, he's under contract for one more year after this. I think he will be fine starting personally. Had a great start to year, then struggled after his injury. Plus I really think Gibson will be a stud so not really worried about Fasth.
I didn't say he was bad last year, I said he was ok.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:16 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
He'll definitely go to Philly. Ryan for the Schenn brothers maybe?
Not unless Anaheim is adding. And even then it doesn't make sense even if the value is there.

Old
06-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Actually, someone took a shot at Philly's cap room, so I replied with the 17m tied up in two players comment.

Then someone took a shot a Bryz's contract, so I replied by talking about your goalie situation. And someone did say Anaheim's goalie situation was set, even though it clearly is not.
I think you're reading what they're saying wrong, well maybe I am.

The "shot" at Philly's cap hit wasn't intended to be mean. I think it was to reiterate that Ryan signing there isn't nearly as likely as people think. It's not set that they will have great cap space either. Ryan's ties to Philly are being extremely overrated too.

The goalie situation is technically set for now. Right now we have a good starter. We have a backup who had a fantastic rookie year. Our 3rd string goalie had a great year in the minors. And our goalie prospect just dominated against NHL players. Don't know if anything is ever "set" but we are damn close in the goalie department IMO.

Lets move on though.

I actually think Philly is where Ryan will end up, and I believe it will be through trade. I think Holmgren caves. Something around the Schenns or i think it will be Read+Coburn+1st for Ryan+conditional pick (upon read re-signing).

Old
06-24-2013, 01:31 AM
KJS14

Quote:
I actually think Philly is where Ryan will end up, and I believe it will be through trade. I think Holmgren caves. Something around the Schenns or i think it will be Read+Coburn+1st for Ryan+conditional pick (upon read re-signing).
Ok, I don't think trading the Schenns would make sense for the Flyers. The second proposal I could do, even though I'd like to keep the 11th pick.