HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chances of Bobby Ryan

Old
06-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Ducks Ahoy
Do it for Teemu

vCash: 500
We all love each other

Ducks Ahoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:40 AM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I hope we don't trade Bobby for Read/Coburn/+. Value isn't bad but I don't think it makes us a better team now or in the future.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
Ok, I don't think trading the Schenns would make sense for the Flyers. The second proposal I could do, even though I'd like to keep the 11th pick.
If Holmgren sees Ryan as valuable as I think he does, I could see him moving them. Maybe Couts+Coburn for Ryan and Sbisa. Something around it anyway.

I don't like the second deal but the value is there and I could live with it if it happened. I'm ready to move Ryan. And it's painfully hard for me to say that. Literally the only Duck I know on a semi personal level. It's just time.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
If Holmgren sees Ryan as valuable as I think he does, I could see him moving them. Maybe Couts+Coburn for Ryan and Sbisa. Something around it anyway.

I don't like the second deal but the value is there and I could live with it if it happened. I'm ready to move Ryan. And it's painfully hard for me to say that. Literally the only Duck I know on a semi personal level. It's just time.
I'd also like to see Holmgren acquire another pick in the 18-25 range this year. If he did move the Schenns I'd want it to be Ryan and Anaheim's 1st. Any thoughts?

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:43 AM
caliamad

Schenns for ryan and 1st would be easy yes for Anaheim. Id add sbisa as well

caliamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
That isn't an easy yes for us. You guys need to stop operating from the premise that we're desperately trying to offload Ryan. There is no evidence to justify that's the thought process of our organization.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:37 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
Wow, hell no for Anaheim!

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Demko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
We could go Edler - Beauch and leave Fowler to anchor the second pairing still though. Beauch was pretty effective on the right side last season.

To Vancouver fans - is Edler actually a viable trade candidate or is it just wishful thinking from a few bitter fans who want him gone?
Honestly, it could go either way I think. We have a decent defence with Hamhuis/Tanev Bieksa/Garrison Corrado/Ballard. I LOVE Edler. Probably one of my favourite players. HOWEVER. If we could get Bobby Ryan for him, I think we need to do it.

Just about every fan in Vancouver wants more of an offensive system here, getting Ryan would help ALOT.

:edit: forgot about Bally too. I don't think Van would use a buyout on him. They'd give him a chance with the new coach (Torts)

Demko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:59 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That isn't an easy yes for us. You guys need to stop operating from the premise that we're desperately trying to offload Ryan. There is no evidence to justify that's the thought process of our organization.
Actually, with ucertainty of how much Teemu has left in the tank and whether any of the young guys can step up (someone besides Perry has to score goals afterall), Ducks are likely looking to keep Ryan or deal him only in a perfect deal.

Lord Flashheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart View Post
Actually, with ucertainty of how much Teemu has left in the tank and whether any of the young guys can step up (someone besides Perry has to score goals afterall), Ducks are likely looking to keep Ryan or deal him only in a perfect deal.
You forgot Getzlaf. I mean he's a potential 50g player with all those fake slappers and drop-pas...nevermind. Ducks can't trade Ryan.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:44 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Maybe not an easy yes, but that's not a yes for you? B. Schenn would instantly fill your 2C need, and L. Schenn would fill your top 4 dman need and would fit nicely as fowler's shutdown partner. Not to mention both of them have the potential to become top line and top pairing players.

I didn't even want to offer them, but it was mentioned so I wanted to throw a value out there. If anything, Anaheim would still need to add.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Maybe not an easy yes, but that's not a yes for you? B. Schenn would instantly fill your 2C need, and L. Schenn would fill your top 4 dman need and would fit nicely as fowler's shutdown partner. Not to mention both of them have the potential to become top line and top pairing players.

I didn't even want to offer them, but it was mentioned so I wanted to throw a value out there. If anything, Anaheim would still need to add.
The '2C need' is not something that all of us believe is a real need at this point. The last time anyone in our organization has stated it was a need was May 2012. A month later, after prospect camp, our coach said that he felt we had the 2C problem solved and that the bigger issue was the lack of depth at left wing. Even if Bonino doesn't turn out to be the answer, it seems like our organization feels that one of Holland, Rakell, or Karlsson will be. It sounds like we're about to re-sign Koivu, which would be a pretty strange thing for us to do if we were planning to demote Bonino to the third line.

Old
06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

If Holmgren traded both Schenns for Ryan, I would kill myself. Thats an awful deal for us, and I want Bobby more tha most Flyer fans, but that is just crazy stupid for us.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
KJS14

Quote:
The '2C need' is not something that all of us believe is a real need at this point. The last time anyone in our organization has stated it was a need was May 2012. A month later, after prospect camp, our coach said that he felt we had the 2C problem solved and that the bigger issue was the lack of depth at left wing. Even if Bonino doesn't turn out to be the answer, it seems like our organization feels that one of Holland, Rakell, or Karlsson will be. It sounds like we're about to re-sign Koivu, which would be a pretty strange thing for us to do if we were planning to demote Bonino to the third line.
ok then. In that case, the deal would need to be centered around Read + Coburn. However, that gets shot down anytime it is mentioned.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Beaudangles19

Would you guys do Letang + jeffery for Ryan + Sbisa? Jeffery is a good 3rd line center, we all know what Letang can do

Beaudangles19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
ok then. In that case, the deal would need to be centered around Read + Coburn. However, that gets shot down anytime it is mentioned.
As I said before, we have no reason to think that we're desperate to move him. If there isn't a fit that makes moving Ryan necessary, then no amount of trying to force a fit is going to work.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudangles13 View Post
Would you guys do Letang + jeffery for Ryan + Sbisa? Jeffery is a good 3rd line center, we all know what Letang can do
No, we don't have the space to resign Letang so it isn't worth it.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 11:39 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Ducks and Flyers just don't make good trading partners. There are 28 other teams in NHL that Ducks could trade with and so maybe they should see other options.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Desperate or not, it's still likely an easy yes. Fills two greatest areas of need(physical RH defenseman, scoring centerman) and the value's good. Can't see why BM would pass that up.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Too many centres is never a bad thing. Someone can always move to wing if need be. Schenns for Ryan + Sbisa is a pretty good deal value wise - I would have a hard time turning that down if I was BM.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote