Made Some Flames Jersey's

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 12:23 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

vCash: 500
Made Some Flames Jersey's

ok, so i had some free time on my hands, and i had made a bunch of extra Pens jersey's, so i decided to make some extra Flames jersey's since i like the uniforms and i always kinda liked the flames since teh early 90's. the original jerseys are from www.nhluniforms.com i made these in ms paint. tell me what you guys think.

btw, good luck in the coming year!

Old
09-26-2003, 04:11 PM
FacelessButcher

http://members.lycos.co.uk/crazyoldj...20-%20Red4.jpg

new flames jersey looks pretty cool. Edmonton's 3rd jersey still looks cooler :p

Old
09-26-2003, 04:19 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

huh, i never even saw those jersey's before. kinda odd the one design ended up just like it.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:14 PM
FacelessButcher

wow it's really dead in this forum I thought someone would comment about the CooL new jersey

Old
09-26-2003, 06:46 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
wow it's really dead in this forum I thought someone would comment about the CooL new jersey
you refering to my design's or the pic you posted? i really do like that new design, nice to see the red back.

i still find it funny that i never saw the enw shirt, yet one of my design's is nearly identical.

Old
09-26-2003, 07:29 PM
zoidberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon71
The REAL Calgary Flames forum is http://www.calgarypuck.com.

But keep in mind that the jersey posted by Faceless was done by a CP member (Jordon I believe).
It says 'CrazyJoe' for a reason!

Old
09-26-2003, 08:09 PM
CrazyJoe

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
It says 'CrazyJoe' for a reason!
Yeah thanks.

Old
09-26-2003, 08:49 PM
the-rasta-masta

Send a message via MSN to the-rasta-masta
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
http://members.lycos.co.uk/crazyoldj...20-%20Red4.jpg

new flames jersey looks pretty cool. Edmonton's 3rd jersey still looks cooler :p
I guess, if you like having a giant sperm on your jersey...

Old
09-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

You know something. I really don't like the whole developing trend of teams changing their jerseys three times in a decade. I think it stinks and I give an "F" to the whole idea of a new Flames jersey. I certainly won't buy one and I hope the sales fizzle.

The Flames had a perfectly fine -- unique and indentifiable -- jersey scheme when they moved here from Atlanta. The localized logo was perfectly servicable (though plainish and not nearly as graphically clever as the original Atlanta Flame).

And then all hell broke loose when the Mighty Ducks came along with a non-horizontal striping pattern and the Flames figured they had to one-up it and have stripes rise diagonally up the front to abruptly end halfways up below the logo. God, what an eyesore that one was. And they switched to an even more garish shade of red on top of that. And brought in black pants, helmets and uniform accents. An omen of the future.

Yes, next was the stupid snot-goat logo black attrocity followed by an semi-admission of guilt for crimes against good taste by returning to a less-cluttered home white featuring the same triangular striping pattern.

Now they're going back to the red and from what I can garner they still haven't got it right.

The Buffalo Sabres made the same mistake dropping their classic look. Now that was a no-nonsense hockey classic.

Go out and play the freaking game and stop worrying about how you look. It's not a Olympic Ice Dancing Pairs fashion show. Fans still buy traditional jerseys and I don't see how new-fangled ones are anything of an improvement from a marketing angle.

Closed Thread