HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins trade rights to Alex Grant to Anaheim for rights to Harry Zolnierczyk

Old
06-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
My bad. A research project is in order.
Yeah, Tibbetts comes from a wealthy family and they got him off the hook for a lot of stuff.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:47 PM
The Oneironaut
FIRE SHERO/BYLSMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeptop View Post
Seriously? Over this trade? It was a trade of a guy that was never going to sniff the NHL with the Pens for a guy who might not sniff the NHL with the Pens, but at least plays a position that the Pens don't have overloaded with high-end prospects. It was a foregone conclusion that Grant was going to go, and anyone who thought the return would be anything more than a bag of pucks was deluding themselves.

I really don't get how Pens fans around here have suddenly turned on Shero. Sure, he went all in this season and it didn't work out. The Pens lost in the Conference Finals. They were one of the last four teams standing. But now he's gathering "disdain" because he didn't make the reactionary move to do what the fans on HFBoards wanted him to do.

Frankly, if it were up to the fans on HFBoards, the Pens never would have won the Cup in 2009, because Gonchar would have been traded, Scuderi would have been bought out, and Armstrong would still be Penguin.
No. I hated him before today. For not firing Bylsma in 2010. For not firing Bylsma in 2011. For not firing Bylsma in 2012. For not firing Bylsma in 2013. For extending Bylsma and his assistants this year. For trading Morrow for Morrow. For his confidence in Fleury. And now that he's acquiring the filth of the filth, I really hate him.

As some have said, maybe this is all just a favor to Murray so the Ducks can get a look at Grant, and Zolnierczyk won't be extended a qualifying offer. I really hope they're correct.

The Oneironaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:49 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Lemieux's lax attitude towards sex crimes (Quinn [allegedly], Tibbets, and now Zolnierczyk) is probably his biggest flaw.

Also if they sign this piece of **** to be a pest in WBS and it costs Bobby ****ing Farnham a roster spot I will be more furious than the rest of this board combined would be if they made Byldma coach for life, gave Fleury a max contract with full NMC, and traded Malkin for peanuts on the same day.

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
anyone make this connection yet:

Highland Park Hockey ‏@H_P_Hockey 7m
The #WBSPens connection with Zolnierczyk? He and Bobby Farnham were teammates for 3 seasons at Brown University from 2008-09 to 2010-11.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:50 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

I hope they weren't friends! Farnham is too good for him!

Old
06-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Terrapin

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:52 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oneironaut View Post
No. I hated him before today. For not firing Bylsma in 2010. For not firing Bylsma in 2011. For not firing Bylsma in 2012. For not firing Bylsma in 2013. For extending Bylsma and his assistants this year. For trading Morrow for Morrow. For his confidence in Fleury. And now that he's acquiring the filth of the filth, I really hate him.

As some have said, maybe this is all just a favor to Murray so the Ducks can get a look at Grant, and Zolnierczyk won't be extended a qualifying offer. I really hope they're correct.
You wanted Bylsma fired in 2010? A year after a Cup? Are you dumb or a liar?

Old
06-24-2013, 01:54 PM
The Oneironaut
FIRE SHERO/BYLSMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoPuntzJones View Post
You wanted Bylsma fired in 2010? A year after a Cup? Are you dumb or a liar?
After the ****show in the 2010 playoffs? Absolutely.

The Oneironaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 01:58 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Lemieux's lax attitude towards sex crimes (Quinn [allegedly], Tibbets, and now Zolnierczyk) is probably his biggest flaw.

Also if they sign this piece of **** to be a pest in WBS and it costs Bobby ****ing Farnham a roster spot I will be more furious than the rest of this board combined would be if they made Byldma coach for life, gave Fleury a max contract with full NMC, and traded Malkin for peanuts on the same day.
we all draw our lines in the sand.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Call it what you want. I doubt he'll be an NHL regular anyway. Probably just a depth grinder in case injuries hit and the Pens likely needed to clear some D-Men out of WBS with some prospects of theirs ready to play at that level.
If you believe that, then I've got a used car I'd like to sell you.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:02 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
I hope Joey V is on the welcoming committee!

Considering he'll probably be the one in the press box in favor of him...

Old
06-24-2013, 02:06 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Oh come on, Burgundy.

There is really no way that they are dumb enough to make this guy a regular on the roster, next season. He'll be lucky to get decent minutes in WB/S. Hahahahahaha! Right?

RIGHT?!?

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:11 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
Oh come on, Burgundy.

There is really no way that they are dumb enough to make this guy a regular on the roster, next season. He'll be lucky to get decent minutes in WB/S. Hahahahahaha! Right?

RIGHT?!?
Well, I'd love to believe that. But lately this team seems to be doing the exact opposite of what probably should be done.

I just won't be very surprised if he's on the opening night roster.

Let's just hope this is a gift to Anaheim like some other people have mentioned, and we don't even bother signing this guy to any kind of contract. Minor league or otherwise.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Burgs

Alex Grant was the result of the last trade Craig Patrick ever made as Pens GM (Cory Cross to Detroit for a 2007 4th round pick).

Burgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

People are actually flipping out over this move? Jesus.

Gonna be a long off-season.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:19 PM
66-29-33

What a bad offseason this is so far and playoffs are still going! Bylsma kept, Fleury staying, this trade. Shero is falling and hitting rock bottom, cant wait to see the rest of this train wreck of an offseason so I can laugh.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Great, more under-sized forwards! Harry Z is a useless punching bag, Steve Urkel could beat him in a fight.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

But no, seriously... I hear you guys. I get it -- this team makes some really puzzling personnel decisions. But this guy really won't see more than a few callups, if that. There's dumb and then there's that kind of dumb. I don't think we're there, yet.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:21 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post

I've bitterly loathed Zolnierczyk as long as I've known about him, so the prospect of him suiting up for the Penguins in any capacity is very disappointing.

Also I think I care about WBS more than most here, so this does concern me more. People who are mostly into the big club are just using this as an excuse (with the exception of those dismayed because of his criminal record).

Old
06-24-2013, 02:22 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Great, more under-sized forwards! Harry Z is a useless punching bag, Steve Urkel could beat him in a fight.
Well... in that video up there, Tyler Kennedy handled him rather easily.

So you probably aren't too far off.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
Well, I'd love to believe that. But lately this team seems to be doing the exact opposite of what probably should be done.

I just won't be very surprised if he's on the opening night roster.

Let's just hope this is a gift to Anaheim like some other people have mentioned, and we don't even bother signing this guy to any kind of contract. Minor league or otherwise.
The one thing the Pens don't do is hand non-regular players a regular spot on the roster. Shero amasses so much depth so as to make it almost impossible for these Warren Peters, Bret Sterling, Phillipe Dupuis and Harry Zolnierczyk types to get more than a cup of coffee in the event of significant injuries.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I'd rather us sign guys like this over guys like Glass. Get young depth that won't automatically leapfrog over guys like Vitale instead of old depth. Gotta look at the positives

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post

Yeah.. I don't understand this reaction at all.

Sure Zolnierczyk is a piece of ****, but he's a cheap guy to have in WBS that can be a callup or even a cheap #13 or #14 forward.

Grant needed to go so the young guys can have more significant time on the defense.

I mean come on. If you're complaining about this, you must have some irrational need to complain.

Waffle Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
I've bitterly loathed Zolnierczyk as long as I've known about him, so the prospect of him suiting up for the Penguins in any capacity is very disappointing.

Also I think I care about WBS more than most here, so this does concern me more. People who are mostly into the big club are just using this as an excuse (with the exception of those dismayed because of his criminal record).
In the grand scheme of things, we gave up a defenseman who was so far down the depth chart that he was basically just going to be a body in the way.

That's fine that you hate the guy...the move just seems pretty insignificant.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

You know... you guys are looking at this all wrong. Who gives a **** whether he plays in the AHL only or not? This guy is literally (not just fan-hate hyperbole... LITERALLY) a total scvmbag. And everyone knows it. There's no grey area on this one in terms of him as a person.

This really makes me think twice about all of the "we want quality people of a certain character" spin we get from this organization. You can't even compare Cooke or Asham. Those guys are both decent human beings off the ice and are actually good players most of the time for what their roles are.

Harry Z is a ****ing worthless hockey player and to top it off he's a piece of **** as a human being. An actual "criminal element".

I am seriously starting to lose some respect for Shero on this. This is WAY the **** beneath this organization. We have absolutely ZERO hockey need for this guy right now. Why even bother with this trade? How does it make us or WBS better (sorry but it doesn't). There's just no logical reason for it. And if it's a favor to Anaheim, then fine, we gave them Grant. Turn around and dump this POS right ****ing now.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote