HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins trade rights to Alex Grant to Anaheim for rights to Harry Zolnierczyk

Old
06-24-2013, 02:39 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

vCash: 500
Well, I'm not even analyzing this as a hockey trade because who knows if either guy gets signed. It's clear Grant's time was up. My main thing is I hate Zolnierczyk as a player and person.

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Waffle Fries

You're losing respect for Shero over an extremely insignificant move when there's a high chance that Botterill was the one that made the move?

Okay then.

Waffle Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:43 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
You know... you guys are looking at this all wrong. Who gives a **** whether he plays in the AHL only or not? This guy is literally (not just fan-hate hyperbole... LITERALLY) a total scvmbag. And everyone knows it. There's no grey area on this one in terms of him as a person.

This really makes me think twice about all of the "we want quality people of a certain character" spin we get from this organization. You can't even compare Cooke or Asham. Those guys are both decent human beings off the ice and are actually good players most of the time for what their roles are.

Harry Z is a ****ing worthless hockey player and to top it off he's a piece of **** as a human being.

I am seriously starting to lose some respect for Shero on this. This is WAY the **** beneath this organization. We have absolutely ZERO hockey need for this guy right now. Why even bother with this trade? How does it make us or WBS better (sorry but it doesn't). There's just no logical reason for it.
Exactly. **** Harry "the perv" Zolnierczyk. He is completely useless, worthless ****ing *****.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
You're losing respect for Shero over an extremely insignificant move when there's a high chance that Botterill was the one that made the move?

Okay then.
Yes OK then (if you meant me).

As to WHO made the decision, ultimately it's Shero's call. But both of those guys should know better. This organization is about being first-class in every respect (or so we're told / sold). As people and in the community too. This guy is an unbelievable POS, dude. He's not just some goon that people don't like. He does not have an ounce of class or respectability to him, and he's not a good hockey player even at the AHL level.

So why is he here?

I'm not mad because we traded Grant or whatever; I'm more in disbelief. I would've bet anyone $1000 that Shero would never sign a useless POS like this / trade for one. Ultimately he does not help us and that is the bottom line. There's really no reconciling it unless you want to say he's going to Wheeling, but still? IS there really a shortage of dirty players to acquire and assign to the ECHL?

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 06-24-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:45 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Quote:

Okay then.
If this is directed at me, then no.

BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Yes OK then.

As to WHO made teh decision, ultimately it's Shero's call. This organization is about being first-class in every respect (or so we're told / sold). As people and in the community too. This guy is an unbelievable POS, dude. He's not just some goon that people don't like. He does not have an ounce of class or respectability to him, and he's not a good hockey player even at the AHL level.

So why is he here?

I'm not mad because we traded Grant or whatever; I'm more in disbelief. I would've bet anyone $1000 that Shero would never sign a useless POS like this / trade for one. Ultimately he does not help us and that is the bottom line. There's really no reconciling it unless you want to say he's going to Wheeling, but still? IS there really a shortage of dirty players to acquire and assign to the ECHL?
I honestly think you're overreacting. We haven't even signed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoPuntzJones View Post
If this is directed at me, then no.
It wasn't.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I hate this guy...

Fordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:51 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Neither guy is even signed, right? Maybe it was just a move to give Grant a head start into free agency

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
I honestly think you're overreacting. We haven't even signed him.
Why acquire him then? Obviously nothing to do with salary.

Why not Alex Grant for "future considerations"?

Again it makes no sense. I sincerely hope we DON'T sign him at this point, but why bother acquiring his rights if you have no intentions of keeping him somewhere in the organization?

To me it's obvious that Jacob and Co. are right: he's headed to the minor leagues but my point still stands... why is he here, given his low character and the fact that you can't even say "yah but he's really good at _____, and it will help our team." He's not really good at anything AFAIK, including fighting, knowing when to throw a big hit and when not to, etc.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:55 PM
The Oneironaut
FIRE SHERO/BYLSMA.

Quote:
Again, what is he doing here?
"Grinding those *****es down."

The Oneironaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Why acquire him then? Obviously nothing to do with salary.

Why not Alex Grant for "future considerations"?

Again it makes no sense. I sincerely hope we DON'T sign him at this point, but why bother acquiring his rights if you have no intentions of keeping him somewhere in the organization?

To me it's obvious that Jacob and Co. are right: he's headed to the minor leagues but my point still stands... why is he here, given his low character and the fact that you can't even say "yah but he's really good at _____, and it will help our team." He's not really good at anything AFAIK, including fighting, knowing when to throw a big hit and when not to, etc.
I don't know why we acquired him. For depth like every other move, I suppose. I just don't really see it as something to get worked up about or 'lose respect for Shero' over, that's all.

Old
06-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

This just in: Ray Shero kicked CV's dog

Old
06-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

****ing hated this clown on Philly. Really isn't that big of a deal though since he will probably be a rare call up at best.

Stad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:00 PM
bigd

My guess is Grant asked out and Shero made it happen. The writing was on the wall, he wasn't part of the Pens gong forward. Grant is probably jumping for joy. He'll be living in Virginia beach next winter instead of Wilkes Barre.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Skillzz
Registered Boozer

vCash: 450
Plan the parade

Skillzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:03 PM
The Oneironaut
FIRE SHERO/BYLSMA.

Quote:
I just don't really see it as something to get worked up about or 'lose respect for Shero' over, that's all.
Then what of CV's earlier point about the "quality people character" lines this organization spews? Zolnierczyk is the exact opposite. Shero is just a liar?

Out of the thousands of professional hockey players on this continent, Shero couldn't have found one who brings a similar set of "skills" as Zolnierczyk without having a record of committing sex crimes?

The Oneironaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Ogelthorpe
Who do you play for?

Man, I just realized how little we actually have to discuss if we have 4 pages on a Harry Z thread.

Ogelthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
I don't know why we acquired him. For depth like every other move, I suppose. I just don't really see it as something to get worked up about or 'lose respect for Shero' over, that's all.
I said "starting to lose some respect". It's a process, bro. "MAF is our guy / Dan Bylsma is my coach" was the first step. This is the second. Although the first step may be revoked if his belief in those two turns out to be warranted. Takes a lot of screw-ups to lose it, or a lot of good things for a new guy, to gain it. Even if this is Boterill (and maybe it is), they all claim to have the same philosophy about player character and how this organization is built. Not really any way around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
This just in: Ray Shero kicked CV's dog
If Ray Shero or anyone else kick's my dog, we gon' fight. I don't get mad when people kick my dog, nor philosophical. I get violent. Like Harry Z... only with a cause and justice on my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
Man, I just realized how little we actually have to discuss if we have 4 pages on a Harry Z thread.

**** this summer and the horse it road in on.

Old
06-24-2013, 03:09 PM
Giskard

We didn't need all those letters, I would prefers "future considerations" in returns (that is an anagram of "nothing").

Good lucks to Grant in Anaheim.

Giskard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:12 PM
kbuck8851

Pittsburgh fans

To anyone down on this dude and supports Big Ben, please go punch yourself in the face.

kbuck8851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogelthorpe View Post
It really is a tragedy

Quote:
I said "starting to lose some respect". It's a process, bro. "MAF is our guy / Dan Bylsma is my coach" was the first step. This is the second. Although the first step may be revoked if his belief in those two turns out to be warranted. Takes a lot of screw-ups to lose it, or a lot of good things for a new guy, to gain it. Even if this is Boterill (and maybe it is), they all claim to have the same philosophy about player character and how this organization is built. Not really any way around that.
I was upset about the Fleury/Bylsma stuff too. This trade just isn't enough to make me care

Old
06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

That's because you're not a man of high ideals, so-called.

I've had enough of you people and your sentimental hogwash.

Old
06-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuck8851 View Post
To anyone down on this dude and supports Big Ben, please go punch yourself in the face.
big ben is a jagoff, but at least he's good at his job. More importantly, he never played for the Flyers and never dared punch The One Joe Vitale

Old
06-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
That's because you're not a man of high ideals, so-called.

I've had enough of you people and your sentimental hogwash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
big ben is a jagoff, but at least he's good at his job. More importantly, he never played for the Flyers and never dared punch The One Joe Vitale

This is going to be a long offseason isn't it?

Old
06-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Freeptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oneironaut View Post
No. I hated him before today. For not firing Bylsma in 2010. For not firing Bylsma in 2011. For not firing Bylsma in 2012. For not firing Bylsma in 2013. For extending Bylsma and his assistants this year. For trading Morrow for Morrow. For his confidence in Fleury. And now that he's acquiring the filth of the filth, I really hate him.

As some have said, maybe this is all just a favor to Murray so the Ducks can get a look at Grant, and Zolnierczyk won't be extended a qualifying offer. I really hope they're correct.
You hated Shero for not firing Bylsma in 2010.

Okay, then.

Freeptop is offline   Reply With Quote