HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Florida Interested in First Overall?

Old
06-24-2013, 03:32 PM
TOML

vCash: 500
Avalanche: Taxin' those alleycats.

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Belgican

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
Avs won't get Gudbranson but obviously you ask for him first then negotiate from there. I really think they actually like MacKinnon as their BPA, so they're going to demand the moon and your first born to move down.
Exactly what I think.

The Avs know who they really want, and the only way to make them move down is to give them the moon. If Florida wants someone back on their turn, you could get a deal.

Belgican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 03:48 PM
crowi

COL trades 1st overall+2nd+X to FLA for 2nd overall+Kulikov. COL takes Barkov 2nd overall.

Get 'er done Sakic!

crowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheRy View Post
Adrian Dater (the Avs beat writer) is speculating that Florida really wants Mackinnon, and is interested in moving up to take him. He is also hearing that the price is steep, and that the Avs are wanting Erik Gudbranson in the deal.

His twitter is here: https://twitter.com/adater

That's a huge price to pay to move up one spot! But as an Avs fan I'm glad they aren't going to let the top pick go for cheap.
Who says Florida offering Gudbranson is only going to move up one spot?

Maybe Florida wants pick 1 and 2!

With pick 1 and 2 Florida can draft Mackinnon + Jones or Mackinnon + Drouin.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:12 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalchuk Army View Post

Not happening...Roy said he won't move out of the top 3, at worst top 4

ADDED: Just to reenforce whats already been said, not for one second should anyone listen to Dater...

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:13 PM
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
What if this whole Guds thing is to trade for the #1 pick without trading the #2 pick.

What if the Panthers had the #1 and #2 picks and picked Jones and Mac
^my point exactly

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:13 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:

The problem is that you are not getting #1 for Gudbranson+

You would have to add a crazy amount. Maybe not Huberdeau but close to his value. That would mean Bjugstad+ Kulikov or sth stupid like that....
Not realistic. At all. At most I could see a Stastny+ 1st overall for Kulikov + 2nd overall swap.
FLA would have had to figure out Stastny wanting to re-sign first and than probably add atleast their 2nd if he is willing to re-sign.

Avs will never ever get Gudbranson for moving up. I highly doubt that they would give up Kulikov to do it (hence the addition of Stastny above).
But if Tallon gives up #31 overall + Shore or Robak or basically a decent prospect, I think Roy would be all over it.

I feel that they really really like Barkov...

JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:46 PM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

#1 overall
for
#2 overall + Robak

would be enough for me to be happy with the move down.

A good prospect and the Avs still getting their guy seems like a good day.

06-24-2013, 07:49 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

I don't understand how Avs fans can be so certain this isn't a bluff? You can't prove its a bluff or not.

On topic: the value between 1st OA and 2nd OA, its so slim. Yes, you get to pick first at #1, but you are getting just as good of a prospect at #2. If Colorado know they can get their guy at #2, they should take that small offer Florida would give (like a 3rd and/or an average prospect), basically free asset(s).

It's sure gonna be an interesting draft and draft-week. At this point I have no idea what Sakic/Roys true intentions are. For all we know, they might already have a deal in place, but are waiting to announce it.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 07:51 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Comin View Post
The next time Adrian Dater calls a trade before it happens will be the first time. Pay him no mind, he's quite possibly the worst beat writer in the league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
Don't worry, I think Rob Rossi has him beat.

Nobody ever gives Howard Berger any credit for being a complete hack these days...

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:00 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
I don't understand how Avs fans can be so certain this isn't a bluff? You can't prove its a bluff or not.

On topic: the value between 1st OA and 2nd OA, its so slim. Yes, you get to pick first at #1, but you are getting just as good of a prospect at #2. If Colorado know they can get their guy at #2, they should take that small offer Florida would give (like a 3rd and/or an average prospect), basically free asset(s).

It's sure gonna be an interesting draft and draft-week. At this point I have no idea what Sakic/Roys true intentions are. For all we know, they might already have a deal in place, but are waiting to announce it.
Sakic just was live on the air and said that he would take MacKinnon if he had to pick right now.
And he just was appointed GM. Do you think it would go over well if the first important business decision of Sakic/Roy would be to lie to and bluff all the other GMs?
Do you believe they would flat out say that they prefer the three forwards over Jones and than pick Jones and say with a straight face that he was the only one they ever wanted. Why put Jones through something like this?
Pracey did take Landeskog over Larsson. So there is some precedence of us not taking Ds that high even if they might be rated there. And Sakic has given atleast 3 or 4 different statements in which he said that we will go forward with our pick.
If you bluff, you give one statement and see how FLA and TBL will react.
But lieing to your fans all the time?
Please.
If we pick #1 , it will be a forward. Him saying that we will pick Mac might be a bit of a smokescreen (if reports of us wanting Barkov are true). But thats it. I and pretty much our whole board is convinced that there is no way that we will pick Seth Jones 1st overall after what has been said the last few days...

Old
06-24-2013, 08:06 PM
HockeyRulez
Let's Go Panthers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRH View Post
#1 overall
for
#2 overall + Robak

would be enough for me to be happy with the move down.

A good prospect and the Avs still getting their guy seems like a good day.
sign me up!

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:15 PM
AwesomePanthers
Atlantic winners

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Sakic just was live on the air and said that he would take MacKinnon if he had to pick right now.
And he just was appointed GM. Do you think it would go over well if the first important business decision of Sakic/Roy would be to lie to and bluff all the other GMs?
Do you believe they would flat out say that they prefer the three forwards over Jones and than pick Jones and say with a straight face that he was the only one they ever wanted. Why put Jones through something like this?
Pracey did take Landeskog over Larsson. So there is some precedence of us not taking Ds that high even if they might be rated there. And Sakic has given atleast 3 or 4 different statements in which he said that we will go forward with our pick.
If you bluff, you give one statement and see how FLA and TBL will react.
But lieing to your fans all the time?
Please.
If we pick #1 , it will be a forward. Him saying that we will pick Mac might be a bit of a smokescreen (if reports of us wanting Barkov are true). But thats it. I and pretty much our whole board is convinced that there is no way that we will pick Seth Jones 1st overall after what has been said the last few days...
It's business. If he can fool another team to give up and extra asset (read: free asset), then maybe..

Jones is a "professional" or so to be. If it let that affect him, then I would be concerned about his attitude.

The NHL is a business, and I would have no problem with a white lie if it was for the right reasons. Would you be upset if Avs moved down added a pick or prospect, and Sakic said to TSN: "Seth has always been our number 1, and now we got another asset to use".

My point: I'm not saying his lying, but you can't be certain until the players name is called on draft-day. And it's really strange and unusual for a VP/GM to go out and say stuff like Sakic has done over the last week. That makes me suspicious of what his true intentions are.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Stryker Island

Quote:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/902...od-to-pass-up/

If he's bluffing, he's doing a damn fine job of it.

Stryker Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Florida should just call Colorado's bluff....stay put and you'll get MacKinnon regardless.
This.

Colorado has been anvilicious with how blatant they have been about no drafting Jones. It's bloody obvious what they are doing.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:20 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/902...od-to-pass-up/

If he's bluffing, he's doing a damn fine job of it.
If Sakic is willing to trade the first pick, he is bluffing

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:21 PM
AvalancheRy

Quote:

That's not necessarily true. What if Florida believes that Mackinnon is clearly the best player in this draft? Or what if Tallon just really wants Mackinnon? Then there is obviously a gap between picking 1st and picking 2nd. The gap might not be a Gudbranson but who knows what Tallon will do.

Who cares if it's a bluff or not? Tallon sure as heck can't GM his team based on that. If he wants Mackinnon he needs to make sure he does all he can to get him.

AvalancheRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:26 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
It's business. If he can fool another team to give up and extra asset (read: free asset), then maybe..

Jones is a "professional" or so to be. If it let that affect him, then I would be concerned about his attitude.

The NHL is a business, and I would have no problem with a white lie if it was for the right reasons. Would you be upset if Avs moved down added a pick or prospect, and Sakic said to TSN: "Seth has always been our number 1, and now we got another asset to use".

My point: I'm not saying his lying, but you can't be certain until the players name is called on draft-day. And it's really strange and unusual for a VP/GM to go out and say stuff like Sakic has done over the last week. That makes me suspicious of what his true intentions are.
Sorry. I see your avatar and understand why you might think he is bluffing.
But knowing Sakic I just don't see it.
He is not the kind of guy who is going out there and lying in interviews all the time. What he did makes perfect sense.
Denver and the stupid Denver media hyped up Seth Jones beyond belief. The Avs scouting staff and management came to the decision that they prefer the three forwards over Jones at #1 overall. Sakic goes out there 10 days before the draft and prepares Denver (and their stupid media) for not picking Jones (and preventing the following controversy if they say nothing beforehand and than don't pick Jones) and they obviously put Nashville and most importantly Florida on red alert.
Obviously our guys would be happy to see either FLA or NSH completely panic and offer us up the farm in order to end up with the centers they probably have warmed themselves up to.
But that still does not mean that this is a smokescreen.
I firmly believe that the Avs will take MacKinnon #1 overall if they don't get a strong enough offer for the #1 pick.

Picking Jones #1 is basically out of the question for me.
My odds:
80 % chance that MacKinnon will go #1 either to the Avs or the team that trades for the #1 pick.
10 % chance that Barkov goes #1 to the Avs or the team that trades for the pick.
7 % chance that Drouin will go #1 either to the Avs or the team that trades for the pick
1 % chance that Jones will go #1 to the team that trades for the pick
1 % chance that Jones will be picked #1 overall by the Avs.
1 % chance that Nichushkin somehow goes #1.

Old
06-24-2013, 08:31 PM
hockeyfreak7

It literally makes no sense for this to be a bluff.

If Colorado is saying "We want MacKinnon" while simultaneously entertaining a trade with Florida, then wouldn't Florida realize and say to themselves, "Wait a minute, maybe MacKinnon isn't their guy!"?

In which case Sakic would look like a real jackass taking Jones 1st overall when Florida calls their (rather obvious) bluff.

That would be an incredibly boneheaded maneuver by Sakic. I think think it's clear he's just being honest.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:32 PM
GamingGiant

Sakic on CBS

Here is the link to Sakic speaking about the draft tonight.

"If we had to do it today, he (MacKinnon) would be our guy"

Anything can happen though, but odds are that, barring anyone trading up, the Avalanche will be selecting MacKinnon on Sunday.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Avs44

People still think Sakic is bluffing?

Some people will be very dissapointed on draft day

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:41 PM
GamingGiant

On another note, please ignore all trade proposals from Dater.

The guy has no concept of accurate trade value.

GamingGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:43 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
It literally makes no sense for this to be a bluff.

If Colorado is saying "We want MacKinnon" while simultaneously entertaining a trade with Florida, then wouldn't Florida realize and say to themselves, "Wait a minute, maybe MacKinnon isn't their guy!"?

In which case Sakic would look like a real jackass taking Jones 1st overall when Florida calls their (rather obvious) bluff.

That would be an incredibly boneheaded maneuver by Sakic. I think think it's clear he's just being honest.
Bingo. It's going to either be MacKinnon or trade down and take Barkov. Jones isn't going to be an Av.

tucker3434 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

If Avs are so determined on picking Mac, I doubt they're even looking to trade the pick.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2013, 08:53 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Dater ended the lockout.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote