HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13/14: Around the League: Pre-season is upon us!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-24-2013, 11:06 PM
  #76
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
LOL i tell yah, the day the leafs win the cup
1/2 the world would be dead of happy, and the other 1/2 will be dead of shock.
Or dead of old age

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:13 PM
  #77
Salgari
Registered User
 
Salgari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,115
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Salgari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
LOL i tell yah, the day the leafs win the cup
1/2 the world would be dead of happy, and the other 1/2 will be dead of shock.
Sign me up

Salgari is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:23 PM
  #78
McLurking
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southside Chicago
Posts: 137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Some people might disagree with my thinking but I say the Bruins collapse was worse then what the Leafs did. Yes I know they were up 4-1 however at least they still had the overtime and a chance to win, where as Boston didn't even get that. I wanted Chicago to win because I didn't want people saying how the Bruins comeback against the Leafs lead them to a championship, so for that game to end the way it did was great to see.
As a Hawk fan, this couldn't have happened a better way, Boston's arrogance coming into this series after beating Pittsburgh was unreal. Hawks beat the defending champion and we weren't nearly as cocky about that as Bruins fans were after the Penguins. Plus I couldn't stomach to see this go 7 games EVEN if we still won because I knew that Bruin fans would STILL make excuses if they lost in 7. Losing 4-2 should shut people up. I also couldn't stomach Boston winning the Cup because we'd hear stupid corny stories all summer about how the Boston Bombing "lifted" the Bruins. I hate when real life tragedies become sports storylines. This why I partied when the Yankees lost the World Series the year 9/11 happened. This summer would have awful.

McLurking is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:28 PM
  #79
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,945
vCash: 100
This win was thoroughly satisfying and checked all the boxes:

1) Boston's epic collapse...they collapsed so hard they didn't even get a chance in OT like we did!
2) Seguin can't score. All speed. Not much brains.
3) Rask. He must love collapses. First against Philly...up 3-0 in Game 7, blows it. Now in the Cup Finals he gives up 2 goals, including the GWG in 17 seconds.
4) Hamilton watching from the bench while a relatively no name rookie Krug plays in an elimination game.

Yeah, Hamilton sure is the future Norris winner . Just like Seguin is Yzerman.

Tuukka...you might be good, but you're no Tim Thomas.

Pi is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:28 PM
  #80
Kb21
Registered User
 
Kb21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLurking View Post
As a Hawk fan, this couldn't have happened a better way, Boston's arrogance coming into this series after beating Pittsburgh was unreal. Hawks beat the defending champion and we weren't nearly as cocky about that as Bruins fans were after the Penguins.
exactly the reason i was cheering for the hawks.

their fans were so cocky in round 1 saying B's easy, in 4-5 games. they were proclaiming victory even before they won 1 game.

nice to see them lose in such a heartbreak fashion.

Kb21 is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
  #81
DoubleDouble
The black cocaine.
 
DoubleDouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
No reason to **** on Tuuka. He was straight up great. Luckily it's easy these days to look back on those deals:

Seguin has dissapointed, Kessel has become a top 10 forward. Tuuka is great but Reimer and Bernier will be rock solid.

DoubleDouble is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:31 PM
  #82
DoubleDouble
The black cocaine.
 
DoubleDouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLurking View Post
As a Hawk fan, this couldn't have happened a better way, Boston's arrogance coming into this series after beating Pittsburgh was unreal. Hawks beat the defending champion and we weren't nearly as cocky about that as Bruins fans were after the Penguins. Plus I couldn't stomach to see this go 7 games EVEN if we still won because I knew that Bruin fans would STILL make excuses if they lost in 7. Losing 4-2 should shut people up. I also couldn't stomach Boston winning the Cup because we'd hear stupid corny stories all summer about how the Boston Bombing "lifted" the Bruins. I hate when real life tragedies become sports storylines. This why I partied when the Yankees lost the World Series the year 9/11 happened. This summer would have awful.
"Boston in 4"

They said the same thing before our series, and they got a couple of lucky bounces to survive. Some of the fan base is quite arrogant and I can't figure out why....

DoubleDouble is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:32 PM
  #83
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
This win was thoroughly satisfying and checked all the boxes:

1) Boston's epic collapse...they collapsed so hard they didn't even get a chance in OT like we did!
2) Seguin can't score. All speed. Not much brains.
3) Rask. He must love collapses. First against Philly...up 3-0 in Game 7, blows it. Now in the Cup Finals he gives up 2 goals, including the GWG in 17 seconds.
4) Hamilton watching from the bench while a relatively no name rookie Krug plays in an elimination game.

Yeah, Hamilton sure is the future Norris winner . Just like Seguin is Yzerman.

Tuukka...you might be good, but you're no Tim Thomas.



Sonny21 is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:33 PM
  #84
Leafs03
Registered User
 
Leafs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto On
Country: Albania
Posts: 1,620
vCash: 500
AHHAHAHAHA so happy boston lost the way they lost!!!! Boston fans feel our pain now! ahahahahah but worse hahahaha.... this is a great ending to the 2012-13 Season! Thank you Hawks

Leafs03 is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
  #85
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
What's nice is that Boston doesn't have a 1st rounder in a deep draft too Because they made it to the ECF, they lost their 1st rounder in the Jagr trade since it was conditional

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
  #86
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids
 
leafstilldeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,951
vCash: 500
Tonight's the night when I finally watch the handshakes between us and Bruins. I guess I have taken solace in the way the Bruins lost (but do feel for the Bruins fans, its just a cruel way to lose a game/series. Very painful)

leafstilldeath is offline  
Old
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
  #87
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
I thought Tuukka Rask said it the best after the game. He mentioned how they were able to comeback against the Leafs and now they know what it feels like when the same thing happens to them.

I realize that one series was the Eastern Conference Quater-Finals and the other was the Stanley Cup Final. However if Rask can admit they did exactly what the Leafs did, will the media ever bring that up as a comparison?

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:14 AM
  #88
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,687
vCash: 500
Two GTA boys in Bickell and Bolland who finish them off as well.

Rare Jewel is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:43 AM
  #89
Jozay
lolwut?
 
Jozay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In someones closet..
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 1020
So, should we be expecting a busy day tomorrow, or will we just see maybe one or two transactions made?

Jozay is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:46 AM
  #90
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
1011196_484077755017512_400108336_n.jpg

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 AM
  #91
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO
 
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
This win was thoroughly satisfying and checked all the boxes:

1) Boston's epic collapse...they collapsed so hard they didn't even get a chance in OT like we did!
2) Seguin can't score. All speed. Not much brains.
3) Rask. He must love collapses. First against Philly...up 3-0 in Game 7, blows it. Now in the Cup Finals he gives up 2 goals, including the GWG in 17 seconds.
4) Hamilton watching from the bench while a relatively no name rookie Krug plays in an elimination game.

Yeah, Hamilton sure is the future Norris winner . Just like Seguin is Yzerman.

Tuukka...you might be good, but you're no Tim Thomas.
Don't forget that the Bruins also lost the final three games after being up 2-1.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 12:59 AM
  #92
CanadianLov3
Registered User
 
CanadianLov3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: G☺ Leafs/Jays
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
it would have been different if they were more respectful to the leafs...but while some fans were gracious, there were a bunch who have persistently made it seem like the only reason the leafs made it as far as they did was b/c the bruins played badly.

...and they did the same w/ the hawks...some of the fans on these boards made it seem like it was only because of mistakes by the bruins that the hawks had managed to take the lead in the series...even though the hawks were the best team in the NHL this year.

because i live in Toronto and the Hawks are my #1 team...I like to think they also won it for the Leafs
Exactly. The Leafs gave the Bruins trouble because of our speed just like the Hawks did but the difference is the Hawks are great defensively. The Habs would give the Bruins trouble during the season as well because they are speedy as hell. The Penguins lack speed, that allowed the Bruins to easily shut them down ( Crosby was a mess, too)

The Hawks knew how to rattle Chara like the Leafs did, he was constantly falling down lol

Well deserved win by the Hawks, my second favourite team. Bolland T.O boy had the GWG,love it.

CanadianLov3 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:01 AM
  #93
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Exactly. The Leafs gave the Bruins trouble because of our speed just like the Hawks did but the difference is the Hawks are great defensively. The Habs would give the Bruins trouble during the season as well because they are speedy as hell. The Penguins lack speed, that allowed the Bruins to easily shut them down ( Crosby was a mess, too)

The Hawks knew how to rattle Chara like the Leafs did, he was constantly falling down lol

Well deserved win by the Hawks, my second favourite team. Bolland T.O boy had the GWG,love it.
Hawks took the benefit of the leafs writing the blueprint to beat the Bruins.

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:05 AM
  #94
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
The guy on the left is my buddy haha

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:05 AM
  #95
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,079
vCash: 50
This is awesome.

legendinblue is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:06 AM
  #96
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
it would have been different if they were more respectful to the leafs...but while some fans were gracious, there were a bunch who have persistently made it seem like the only reason the leafs made it as far as they did was b/c the bruins played badly.

...and they did the same w/ the hawks...some of the fans on these boards made it seem like it was only because of mistakes by the bruins that the hawks had managed to take the lead in the series...even though the hawks were the best team in the NHL this year.

because i live in Toronto and the Hawks are my #1 team...I like to think they also won it for the Leafs
Well said. After their win they were somewhat humble (I guess from excitement), however that wore off quite quickly and we were just lucky that Bruins didn't wake up earlier and our play had noting to do with it, and it was pure joke to see us going far had we even beat them.

It was one of the best last 2 minutes I could ask for as a Leafs fan

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:07 AM
  #97
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
The guy on the left is my buddy haha
No way,

Thats hilarious

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 01:21 AM
  #98
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,635
vCash: 500
Thank you blackhawks! I love toews and so glad he has another cup baby!

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 03:55 AM
  #99
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 50

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 05:38 AM
  #100
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,976
vCash: 500
What's that you say? Two goals surrendered in the final 1:16? This stuff NEVER happens, does it?

My heart bleeds horse urine for them.

eyeball11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.