HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13/14: Around the League: Pre-season is upon us!

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
LOL i tell yah, the day the leafs win the cup
1/2 the world would be dead of happy, and the other 1/2 will be dead of shock.
Or dead of old age

Old
06-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Salgari

Send a message via MSN to Salgari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
LOL i tell yah, the day the leafs win the cup
1/2 the world would be dead of happy, and the other 1/2 will be dead of shock.
Sign me up

Old
06-24-2013, 11:23 PM
McLurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFS FAN 4 EVER View Post
Some people might disagree with my thinking but I say the Bruins collapse was worse then what the Leafs did. Yes I know they were up 4-1 however at least they still had the overtime and a chance to win, where as Boston didn't even get that. I wanted Chicago to win because I didn't want people saying how the Bruins comeback against the Leafs lead them to a championship, so for that game to end the way it did was great to see.
As a Hawk fan, this couldn't have happened a better way, Boston's arrogance coming into this series after beating Pittsburgh was unreal. Hawks beat the defending champion and we weren't nearly as cocky about that as Bruins fans were after the Penguins. Plus I couldn't stomach to see this go 7 games EVEN if we still won because I knew that Bruin fans would STILL make excuses if they lost in 7. Losing 4-2 should shut people up. I also couldn't stomach Boston winning the Cup because we'd hear stupid corny stories all summer about how the Boston Bombing "lifted" the Bruins. I hate when real life tragedies become sports storylines. This why I partied when the Yankees lost the World Series the year 9/11 happened. This summer would have awful.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
This win was thoroughly satisfying and checked all the boxes:

1) Boston's epic collapse...they collapsed so hard they didn't even get a chance in OT like we did!
2) Seguin can't score. All speed. Not much brains.
3) Rask. He must love collapses. First against Philly...up 3-0 in Game 7, blows it. Now in the Cup Finals he gives up 2 goals, including the GWG in 17 seconds.
4) Hamilton watching from the bench while a relatively no name rookie Krug plays in an elimination game.

Yeah, Hamilton sure is the future Norris winner . Just like Seguin is Yzerman.

Tuukka...you might be good, but you're no Tim Thomas.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Kb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLurking View Post
As a Hawk fan, this couldn't have happened a better way, Boston's arrogance coming into this series after beating Pittsburgh was unreal. Hawks beat the defending champion and we weren't nearly as cocky about that as Bruins fans were after the Penguins.
exactly the reason i was cheering for the hawks.

their fans were so cocky in round 1 saying B's easy, in 4-5 games. they were proclaiming victory even before they won 1 game.

nice to see them lose in such a heartbreak fashion.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:30 PM
DoubleDouble
The black cocaine.

No reason to **** on Tuuka. He was straight up great. Luckily it's easy these days to look back on those deals:

Seguin has dissapointed, Kessel has become a top 10 forward. Tuuka is great but Reimer and Bernier will be rock solid.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:31 PM
DoubleDouble
The black cocaine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLurking View Post
As a Hawk fan, this couldn't have happened a better way, Boston's arrogance coming into this series after beating Pittsburgh was unreal. Hawks beat the defending champion and we weren't nearly as cocky about that as Bruins fans were after the Penguins. Plus I couldn't stomach to see this go 7 games EVEN if we still won because I knew that Bruin fans would STILL make excuses if they lost in 7. Losing 4-2 should shut people up. I also couldn't stomach Boston winning the Cup because we'd hear stupid corny stories all summer about how the Boston Bombing "lifted" the Bruins. I hate when real life tragedies become sports storylines. This why I partied when the Yankees lost the World Series the year 9/11 happened. This summer would have awful.
"Boston in 4"

They said the same thing before our series, and they got a couple of lucky bounces to survive. Some of the fan base is quite arrogant and I can't figure out why....

Old
06-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

1) Boston's epic collapse...they collapsed so hard they didn't even get a chance in OT like we did!
3) Rask. He must love collapses. First against Philly...up 3-0 in Game 7, blows it. Now in the Cup Finals he gives up 2 goals, including the GWG in 17 seconds.
4) Hamilton watching from the bench while a relatively no name rookie Krug plays in an elimination game.

Old
06-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Leafs03

AHHAHAHAHA so happy boston lost the way they lost!!!! Boston fans feel our pain now! ahahahahah but worse hahahaha.... this is a great ending to the 2012-13 Season! Thank you Hawks

Old
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

What's nice is that Boston doesn't have a 1st rounder in a deep draft too Because they made it to the ECF, they lost their 1st rounder in the Jagr trade since it was conditional

Old
06-24-2013, 11:45 PM
leafstilldeath
#BlowItUp #PlayKids

Tonight's the night when I finally watch the handshakes between us and Bruins. I guess I have taken solace in the way the Bruins lost (but do feel for the Bruins fans, its just a cruel way to lose a game/series. Very painful)

Old
06-24-2013, 11:53 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

I thought Tuukka Rask said it the best after the game. He mentioned how they were able to comeback against the Leafs and now they know what it feels like when the same thing happens to them.

I realize that one series was the Eastern Conference Quater-Finals and the other was the Stanley Cup Final. However if Rask can admit they did exactly what the Leafs did, will the media ever bring that up as a comparison?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Two GTA boys in Bickell and Bolland who finish them off as well.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
So, should we be expecting a busy day tomorrow, or will we just see maybe one or two transactions made?

Old
06-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Duffman955

1011196_484077755017512_400108336_n.jpg

Old
06-25-2013, 12:49 AM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Don't forget that the Bruins also lost the final three games after being up 2-1.

Old
06-25-2013, 12:59 AM
CanadianLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
it would have been different if they were more respectful to the leafs...but while some fans were gracious, there were a bunch who have persistently made it seem like the only reason the leafs made it as far as they did was b/c the bruins played badly.

...and they did the same w/ the hawks...some of the fans on these boards made it seem like it was only because of mistakes by the bruins that the hawks had managed to take the lead in the series...even though the hawks were the best team in the NHL this year.

because i live in Toronto and the Hawks are my #1 team...I like to think they also won it for the Leafs
Exactly. The Leafs gave the Bruins trouble because of our speed just like the Hawks did but the difference is the Hawks are great defensively. The Habs would give the Bruins trouble during the season as well because they are speedy as hell. The Penguins lack speed, that allowed the Bruins to easily shut them down ( Crosby was a mess, too)

The Hawks knew how to rattle Chara like the Leafs did, he was constantly falling down lol

Well deserved win by the Hawks, my second favourite team. Bolland T.O boy had the GWG,love it.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:01 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianLov3 View Post
Exactly. The Leafs gave the Bruins trouble because of our speed just like the Hawks did but the difference is the Hawks are great defensively. The Habs would give the Bruins trouble during the season as well because they are speedy as hell. The Penguins lack speed, that allowed the Bruins to easily shut them down ( Crosby was a mess, too)

The Hawks knew how to rattle Chara like the Leafs did, he was constantly falling down lol

Well deserved win by the Hawks, my second favourite team. Bolland T.O boy had the GWG,love it.
Hawks took the benefit of the leafs writing the blueprint to beat the Bruins.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
The guy on the left is my buddy haha

Old
06-25-2013, 01:05 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

This is awesome.

Old
06-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
it would have been different if they were more respectful to the leafs...but while some fans were gracious, there were a bunch who have persistently made it seem like the only reason the leafs made it as far as they did was b/c the bruins played badly.

...and they did the same w/ the hawks...some of the fans on these boards made it seem like it was only because of mistakes by the bruins that the hawks had managed to take the lead in the series...even though the hawks were the best team in the NHL this year.

because i live in Toronto and the Hawks are my #1 team...I like to think they also won it for the Leafs
Well said. After their win they were somewhat humble (I guess from excitement), however that wore off quite quickly and we were just lucky that Bruins didn't wake up earlier and our play had noting to do with it, and it was pure joke to see us going far had we even beat them.

It was one of the best last 2 minutes I could ask for as a Leafs fan

Old
06-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
The guy on the left is my buddy haha
No way,

Thats hilarious

Old
06-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Thank you blackhawks! I love toews and so glad he has another cup baby!

06-25-2013, 03:55 AM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Old
06-25-2013, 05:38 AM
eyeball11

What's that you say? Two goals surrendered in the final 1:16? This stuff NEVER happens, does it?

My heart bleeds horse urine for them.

Closed Thread