HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13/14: Around the League: Pre-season is upon us!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2013, 05:40 AM
  #101
Daisy Jane
Busy Leafy Summer ♥
 
Daisy Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post

lmao that's seriously not the cover of the Toronto Sun this morning

Daisy Jane is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 06:17 AM
  #102
Yosho
Logic
 
Yosho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,531
vCash: 500
What a great series. Yeah, Bostons collapse lightens the load that we've carried since May but lets try and be a little supportive. I encountered tons of Bruins fans who showed tons of class after the Leafs Game 7 fail.

And don't rag on Seguin. Him and Toews were by far the best players on the ice last night. TS could have had 3 goals by himself, just brutal luck.

These next 2 weeks are going to be insane. Cannot wait!

Yosho is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:14 AM
  #103
Daisy Jane
Busy Leafy Summer ♥
 
Daisy Jane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
What a great series. Yeah, Bostons collapse lightens the load that we've carried since May but lets try and be a little supportive. I encountered tons of Bruins fans who showed tons of class after the Leafs Game 7 fail.

And don't rag on Seguin. Him and Toews were by far the best players on the ice last night. TS could have had 3 goals by himself, just brutal luck.

These next 2 weeks are going to be insane. Cannot wait!
oh for sure. Like I mentioned - it's those fans who I feel bad for. I try never to paint a fanbase with the same brush.

man. today is going to stink. Can't it be tomorrow already?

Daisy Jane is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:21 AM
  #104
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة
 
Bravid Nonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: أور
Country: Syria
Posts: 10,585
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Yeah Seguin has had brutal luck in the past 22 playoff games. What a cold streak.



Bravid Nonahan is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:27 AM
  #105
Lilou
t-.-t
 
Lilou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scarborough, ON
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 5,285
vCash: 500
LOL boston. They got a great team but damn what a way to lose.

Lilou is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:35 AM
  #106
Clark4Ever
Registered User
 
Clark4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,620
vCash: 500
After watching the disgraceful tactics from the cheap shot artists in Boston against us in the first round, I've never been happier to watch a team choke in such dramatic fashion in front of their own fans. I used to respect that team, but not anymore.

Let the Neanderthals from Beantown stew on this all summer. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ******. I love it.

Clark4Ever is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 07:57 AM
  #107
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED
 
Giuseppe Sallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Back to L.A
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,427
vCash: 500
Bruins collapsed in 30 secs. Brutal! Hawks couldn't score but till the last 2 minutes.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
  #108
Lilou
t-.-t
 
Lilou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scarborough, ON
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 5,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
After watching the disgraceful tactics from the cheap shot artists in Boston against us in the first round, I've never been happier to watch a team choke in such dramatic fashion in front of their own fans. I used to respect that team, but not anymore.

Let the Neanderthals from Beantown stew on this all summer. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ******. I love it.
"Instead of letting the bear sleep! You poke'd da BEEAR! You woke the bear! Nobody beats the big bad BRUUINS. NOBODY!"

Ahhh, love that clip from "Ironing is delicious". Bruins fan calling into the FAN in vancouver.

Lilou is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:22 AM
  #109
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,471
vCash: 500
Crawford kept the Hawks in this, and after blowing all the PP chances you could feel it wasn't secure.

Bruins have a young forward group for most key positions.

Chara is getting long in the tooth, and was not 100% same as many players. They'll be a different team without Chara, but he'll probably be there another 2-3 years anyway. Enough time for Hamilton to grow into this role.


***********************************************

Funny that there were several posts saying how Leafs fans should be proud because it looked like the Bruins were going to win and then "we Leafs fans" could claim we lost to the Cup Champs, but now the Leafs just lost to the best Eastern Conference team.

So now the Leafs are just a 1st. round loser.

************************************************

I'm glad the Leafs faced the Bruins, even losing in the first round the Bruins were the Leafs Waterloo.

Kessel destroyed his nemesis.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Last edited by ULF_55: 06-25-2013 at 08:30 AM.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:25 AM
  #110
Antropovsky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDouble View Post
No reason to **** on Tuuka. He was straight up great. Luckily it's easy these days to look back on those deals:

Seguin has dissapointed, Kessel has become a top 10 forward. Tuuka is great but Reimer and Bernier will be rock solid.
Tuuka had spurts of outstanding play, and spurts of mediocre play. Great or not, he hasn't exactly proven himself to be a winner when it matters most.

With that being said, that last goal was atrociously played defensively by Boston. One defender screened Tuuka, while the other just let his man go straight to the loose puck unmolested.

Antropovsky is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:33 AM
  #111
John Stamos
nomnomnom
 
John Stamos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Somalia
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500

John Stamos is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:50 AM
  #112
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Tuuka had spurts of outstanding play, and spurts of mediocre play. Great or not, he hasn't exactly proven himself to be a winner when it matters most.

With that being said, that last goal was atrociously played defensively by Boston. One defender screened Tuuka, while the other just let his man go straight to the loose puck unmolested.
Rask was very good overall. His defense let him down for the most part.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 08:58 AM
  #113
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Tyler "Franchise" Seguin 1 goal in 22 games.

And yes, I realize he's 21 and all of that.


Last edited by ULF_55: 06-25-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Seguin: Jan 31 1992
legendinblue is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
  #114
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling
 
Morguee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Tyler "Franchise" Seguin 1 goal in 22 games.

And yes, I realize he's 21 and all of that.
While we are kicking that dead horse you got to wonder if Kessel was there instead of Seguin and Hamilton would he have scored a few more needed goals. I personally think yes and it would have got Boston over the hump and won them that cup. Therefore with my unfailing logic the trade cost Boston the cup.

From here on in no matter what happens Boston will always have lost the trade because in the end it cost them the cup.

Pure logic that cannot be argued with!


Last edited by ULF_55: 06-25-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: QE
Morguee is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:20 AM
  #115
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
While we are kicking that dead horse you got to wonder if Kessel was there instead of Seguin and Hamilton would he have scored a few more needed goals. I personally think yes and it would have got Boston over the hump and won them that cup. Therefore with my unfailing logic the trade cost Boston the cup.

From here on in no matter what happens Boston will always have lost the trade because in the end it cost them the cup.

Pure logic that cannot be argued with!
If you are using logic, you'd have to say it cost them a Cup, as they won a Cup with Seguin.

It may have cost them a 2nd. Cup in a 3 year span.

OTOH drafting by the Hawks won them a 2nd. Cup, as their drafted players have now scored them 2 Cups in 4 years. It is looking like the Hawks are the superior team when it comes to the draft. Wonder if the Leafs could steal their scouting staff and replace the losers they are employing?

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:29 AM
  #116
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
While we are kicking that dead horse you got to wonder if Kessel was there instead of Seguin and Hamilton would he have scored a few more needed goals. I personally think yes and it would have got Boston over the hump and won them that cup. Therefore with my unfailing logic the trade cost Boston the cup.

From here on in no matter what happens Boston will always have lost the trade because in the end it cost them the cup.

Pure logic that cannot be argued with!
Well, yea. I mean they claimed they wouldn't have won the Cup w/o Seguin's two goals in that game against Tampa, which is fair.

Now I think it's very reasonable to predict Kessel would have scored more than 1 goal in 22 playoff games playing with, say, Krejci. Who knows, with Kessel they may have two Cups now.

legendinblue is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:31 AM
  #117
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,209
vCash: 500
Apparently Kipper is now officially done. It's a good thing we didn't lose any assets just to see him retire.

legendinblue is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:34 AM
  #118
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Apparently Kipper is now officially done. It's a good thing we didn't lose any assets just to see him retire.
There were reports even before the start of the season that he was going to retire.

__________________
Shoot me a PM with your concerns. Also, come visit us in the Science Forum!
Hurt is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 09:35 AM
  #119
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling
 
Morguee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Well, yea. I mean they claimed they wouldn't have won the Cup w/o Seguin's two goals in that game against Tampa, which is fair.

Now I think it's very reasonable to predict Kessel would have scored more than 1 goal in 22 playoff games playing with, say, Krejci. Who knows, with Kessel they may have two Cups now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
If you are using logic, you'd have to say it cost them a Cup, as they won a Cup with Seguin.

It may have cost them a 2nd. Cup in a 3 year span.

OTOH drafting by the Hawks won them a 2nd. Cup, as their drafted players have now scored them 2 Cups in 4 years. It is looking like the Hawks are the superior team when it comes to the draft. Wonder if the Leafs could steal their scouting staff and replace the losers they are employing?
Using MY logic it definitely cost them this time around and Kessel would have scored as much as if not more goals in the first cup run therefore it is a wash.

As for drafting...I just want to enjoy the day.

Morguee is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:00 AM
  #120
I Believe
Registered User
 
I Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
I thought Rask was fantastic all playoffs. It's funny to chirp on him but he was solid.

Oddly enough it was Boston's strongest asset, their defence which cost them game 6. Chara and Seidenberg were not very good, simple as that,

I Believe is online now  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:04 AM
  #121
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks
 
Canadian Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
My reaction and feelings for Boston after Bolland's goal


But seriously, congrats Chicago! It was very much deserved.

Canadian Game is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 10:53 AM
  #122
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 58,471
vCash: 500
If Boston had won, it would just have delayed the inevitable.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 11:19 AM
  #123
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
While we are kicking that dead horse you got to wonder if Kessel was there instead of Seguin and Hamilton would he have scored a few more needed goals. I personally think yes and it would have got Boston over the hump and won them that cup. Therefore with my unfailing logic the trade cost Boston the cup.

From here on in no matter what happens Boston will always have lost the trade because in the end it cost them the cup.

Pure logic that cannot be argued with!
Put it this way, with money on the line and when things matter, here's how the two players compared by 21 years of age:

% Of Team's Goals Player Contributed To

Kessel - 33%
Seguin - 15%

% Of Team's Goals Player Produced Himself

Kessel - 20%
Seguin - 5%

eyeball11 is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM
  #124
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,201
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Put it this way, with money on the line and when things matter, here's how the two players compared by 21 years of age:

% Of Team's Goals Player Contributed To

Kessel - 33%
Seguin - 15%

% Of Team's Goals Player Produced Himself

Kessel - 20%
Seguin - 5%
Watching Seguin play really makes me appreciate the kinds of things Phil Kessel can do in the offensive zone.

He's got so many weapons. He can go at full speed and snipe a goal into the top corner of the net..while Seguin would not even hit the net if he tried that.

He' also goes at full speed, fools the defenseman and the forwards backchecking him, stops, and passes to the leading trailer to get a great chance from the middle of the ice.

He goes slowly, picks up speed, goes to the middle of the ice, shoot or pass to Lupul who is set up for a good shot at the faceoff dot.

It seems like Seguin is the one-dimensional player that cannot even handle that dimension properly.

Biggest difference between Kessel and Seguin is brains. Kessel is very smart and he knows when to use his elite playmaking skills and when to go top shelf.

Seguin tries to go at full speed while his line hasn't even crossed the blue line, shoots from a weak angle, rinse and repeat.

He does not know how to stop and slow down the game like Kane and Kessel do.

Pi is offline  
Old
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
  #125
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Apparently Kipper is now officially done. It's a good thing we didn't lose any assets just to see him retire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
There were reports even before the start of the season that he was going to retire.
I think back during trade deadline, they said deal didn't go through because Kipper knew he was retiring and hence rejected trade because he didn't want to backstab Leafs.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.