HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

13/14: Around the League: Pre-season is upon us!

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2013, 05:40 AM
Daisy Jane
Busy Leafy Summer ♥

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post

lmao that's seriously not the cover of the Toronto Sun this morning

Old
06-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Yosho
Logic

What a great series. Yeah, Bostons collapse lightens the load that we've carried since May but lets try and be a little supportive. I encountered tons of Bruins fans who showed tons of class after the Leafs Game 7 fail.

And don't rag on Seguin. Him and Toews were by far the best players on the ice last night. TS could have had 3 goals by himself, just brutal luck.

These next 2 weeks are going to be insane. Cannot wait!

Old
06-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Daisy Jane
Busy Leafy Summer ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
What a great series. Yeah, Bostons collapse lightens the load that we've carried since May but lets try and be a little supportive. I encountered tons of Bruins fans who showed tons of class after the Leafs Game 7 fail.

And don't rag on Seguin. Him and Toews were by far the best players on the ice last night. TS could have had 3 goals by himself, just brutal luck.

These next 2 weeks are going to be insane. Cannot wait!
oh for sure. Like I mentioned - it's those fans who I feel bad for. I try never to paint a fanbase with the same brush.

man. today is going to stink. Can't it be tomorrow already?

Old
06-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Bravid Nonahan
carlylol = القسوة

Send a message via AIM to Bravid Nonahan
Yeah Seguin has had brutal luck in the past 22 playoff games. What a cold streak.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

LOL boston. They got a great team but damn what a way to lose.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:35 AM
Clark4Ever

After watching the disgraceful tactics from the cheap shot artists in Boston against us in the first round, I've never been happier to watch a team choke in such dramatic fashion in front of their own fans. I used to respect that team, but not anymore.

Let the Neanderthals from Beantown stew on this all summer. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ******. I love it.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Bruins collapsed in 30 secs. Brutal! Hawks couldn't score but till the last 2 minutes.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark4Ever View Post
After watching the disgraceful tactics from the cheap shot artists in Boston against us in the first round, I've never been happier to watch a team choke in such dramatic fashion in front of their own fans. I used to respect that team, but not anymore.

Let the Neanderthals from Beantown stew on this all summer. It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of ******. I love it.
"Instead of letting the bear sleep! You poke'd da BEEAR! You woke the bear! Nobody beats the big bad BRUUINS. NOBODY!"

Ahhh, love that clip from "Ironing is delicious". Bruins fan calling into the FAN in vancouver.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:22 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Crawford kept the Hawks in this, and after blowing all the PP chances you could feel it wasn't secure.

Bruins have a young forward group for most key positions.

Chara is getting long in the tooth, and was not 100% same as many players. They'll be a different team without Chara, but he'll probably be there another 2-3 years anyway. Enough time for Hamilton to grow into this role.

Funny that there were several posts saying how Leafs fans should be proud because it looked like the Bruins were going to win and then "we Leafs fans" could claim we lost to the Cup Champs, but now the Leafs just lost to the best Eastern Conference team.

So now the Leafs are just a 1st. round loser.

I'm glad the Leafs faced the Bruins, even losing in the first round the Bruins were the Leafs Waterloo.

Kessel destroyed his nemesis.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Last edited by ULF_55: 06-25-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old
06-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDouble View Post
No reason to **** on Tuuka. He was straight up great. Luckily it's easy these days to look back on those deals:

Seguin has dissapointed, Kessel has become a top 10 forward. Tuuka is great but Reimer and Bernier will be rock solid.
Tuuka had spurts of outstanding play, and spurts of mediocre play. Great or not, he hasn't exactly proven himself to be a winner when it matters most.

With that being said, that last goal was atrociously played defensively by Boston. One defender screened Tuuka, while the other just let his man go straight to the loose puck unmolested.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:33 AM
John Stamos
nomnomnom

Old
06-25-2013, 08:50 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Tuuka had spurts of outstanding play, and spurts of mediocre play. Great or not, he hasn't exactly proven himself to be a winner when it matters most.

With that being said, that last goal was atrociously played defensively by Boston. One defender screened Tuuka, while the other just let his man go straight to the loose puck unmolested.
Rask was very good overall. His defense let him down for the most part.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:58 AM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

Tyler "Franchise" Seguin 1 goal in 22 games.

And yes, I realize he's 21 and all of that.

Last edited by ULF_55: 06-25-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Seguin: Jan 31 1992
Old
06-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Tyler "Franchise" Seguin 1 goal in 22 games.

And yes, I realize he's 21 and all of that.
While we are kicking that dead horse you got to wonder if Kessel was there instead of Seguin and Hamilton would he have scored a few more needed goals. I personally think yes and it would have got Boston over the hump and won them that cup. Therefore with my unfailing logic the trade cost Boston the cup.

From here on in no matter what happens Boston will always have lost the trade because in the end it cost them the cup.

Pure logic that cannot be argued with!

Last edited by ULF_55: 06-25-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: QE
Old
06-25-2013, 09:20 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
While we are kicking that dead horse you got to wonder if Kessel was there instead of Seguin and Hamilton would he have scored a few more needed goals. I personally think yes and it would have got Boston over the hump and won them that cup. Therefore with my unfailing logic the trade cost Boston the cup.

From here on in no matter what happens Boston will always have lost the trade because in the end it cost them the cup.

If you are using logic, you'd have to say it cost them a Cup, as they won a Cup with Seguin.

It may have cost them a 2nd. Cup in a 3 year span.

OTOH drafting by the Hawks won them a 2nd. Cup, as their drafted players have now scored them 2 Cups in 4 years. It is looking like the Hawks are the superior team when it comes to the draft. Wonder if the Leafs could steal their scouting staff and replace the losers they are employing?

Old
06-25-2013, 09:29 AM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

Quote:

Well, yea. I mean they claimed they wouldn't have won the Cup w/o Seguin's two goals in that game against Tampa, which is fair.

Now I think it's very reasonable to predict Kessel would have scored more than 1 goal in 22 playoff games playing with, say, Krejci. Who knows, with Kessel they may have two Cups now.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:31 AM
legendinblue
Trust in Hunter

Apparently Kipper is now officially done. It's a good thing we didn't lose any assets just to see him retire.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Hurt

Quote:
Apparently Kipper is now officially done. It's a good thing we didn't lose any assets just to see him retire.
There were reports even before the start of the season that he was going to retire.

06-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Well, yea. I mean they claimed they wouldn't have won the Cup w/o Seguin's two goals in that game against Tampa, which is fair.

Now I think it's very reasonable to predict Kessel would have scored more than 1 goal in 22 playoff games playing with, say, Krejci. Who knows, with Kessel they may have two Cups now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
If you are using logic, you'd have to say it cost them a Cup, as they won a Cup with Seguin.

It may have cost them a 2nd. Cup in a 3 year span.

OTOH drafting by the Hawks won them a 2nd. Cup, as their drafted players have now scored them 2 Cups in 4 years. It is looking like the Hawks are the superior team when it comes to the draft. Wonder if the Leafs could steal their scouting staff and replace the losers they are employing?
Using MY logic it definitely cost them this time around and Kessel would have scored as much as if not more goals in the first cup run therefore it is a wash.

As for drafting...I just want to enjoy the day.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:00 AM
I Believe

I thought Rask was fantastic all playoffs. It's funny to chirp on him but he was solid.

Oddly enough it was Boston's strongest asset, their defence which cost them game 6. Chara and Seidenberg were not very good, simple as that,

Old
06-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Canadian Game
Sportsnet sucks

My reaction and feelings for Boston after Bolland's goal

But seriously, congrats Chicago! It was very much deserved.

Old
06-25-2013, 10:53 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

If Boston had won, it would just have delayed the inevitable.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:19 AM
eyeball11

Quote:

Put it this way, with money on the line and when things matter, here's how the two players compared by 21 years of age:

% Of Team's Goals Player Contributed To

Kessel - 33%
Seguin - 15%

% Of Team's Goals Player Produced Himself

Kessel - 20%
Seguin - 5%

Old
06-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
Put it this way, with money on the line and when things matter, here's how the two players compared by 21 years of age:

% Of Team's Goals Player Contributed To

Kessel - 33%
Seguin - 15%

% Of Team's Goals Player Produced Himself

Kessel - 20%
Seguin - 5%
Watching Seguin play really makes me appreciate the kinds of things Phil Kessel can do in the offensive zone.

He's got so many weapons. He can go at full speed and snipe a goal into the top corner of the net..while Seguin would not even hit the net if he tried that.

He' also goes at full speed, fools the defenseman and the forwards backchecking him, stops, and passes to the leading trailer to get a great chance from the middle of the ice.

He goes slowly, picks up speed, goes to the middle of the ice, shoot or pass to Lupul who is set up for a good shot at the faceoff dot.

It seems like Seguin is the one-dimensional player that cannot even handle that dimension properly.

Biggest difference between Kessel and Seguin is brains. Kessel is very smart and he knows when to use his elite playmaking skills and when to go top shelf.

Seguin tries to go at full speed while his line hasn't even crossed the blue line, shoots from a weak angle, rinse and repeat.

He does not know how to stop and slow down the game like Kane and Kessel do.

Old
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
There were reports even before the start of the season that he was going to retire.
I think back during trade deadline, they said deal didn't go through because Kipper knew he was retiring and hence rejected trade because he didn't want to backstab Leafs.

Closed Thread