HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Somervuori to Hamilton

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 01:10 PM
Sotnos

vCash: 500
Somervuori to Hamilton

Me again

Eero Somervuori got assigned to Hamilton today, not a bad addition, eh? Haven't heard much about why yet (mostly because St. Louis' old friend, Eric Perrin, got assigned to Hershey so that's getting all the press thus far) but by tomorrow I'm sure we'll have some comments from the coach and/or GM. Eero played well, but not as well as some other players who were going for the job on Lecavalier's RW.

Can't find an official Press Release yet either, but it was published online here and has been reported on the radio also.

Here's a good HF Article about Eero.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:18 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

That's great news, as he is considered as one of Tampa's best prospects, and many felt he could have been in the race for the Calder Trophy. I never saw him play, though... but I heard nothing but great things about Eero.

Anyways, the Dogs' offense is looking pretty good at the moment, eventhough many of these guys are rookies.

Old
09-26-2003, 01:53 PM
RichardZednik#20

Only thing I heard about him, was that he is a goal scoring machine, well see if he ajust himself well in NA.

Old
09-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Wildcat

Wow! Some nice additions to the 'dogs this season, even if they're not there the whole time. Looks like they'll be a force again this year.

Thanks for the news Sotnos.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Bad News. He's a great player so he will probably steal a place of one of our prospect on the two top line. Great addition for the team...bad addition for our prospects.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:46 PM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
Bad News. He's a great player so he will probably steal a place of one of our prospect on the two top line. Great addition for the team...bad addition for our prospects.
Yah. Balej and Milroy better start working because with Him, Ferland and strong possibilities of Perezhogin all over them it will be tough for them to be in the starting line up.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:50 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
From what I can understand, if someone on the team gets injured seriously and is likely to miss a good amount of games, you would prefer to see the Dogs call up ECHL players instead of having an AHL caliber player ready to step up and take the available spot?

To me, it's good news. Gainey is making sure he won't have to call up ECHL guys.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:18 PM
NWT Habs Fan

A little bit of competition for our boys can't hurt. I would rather have guys like Ferland, Milroy, Dags etc having to earn their keep rather than taking things for granted. I also like the fact that the team has some top notch additions from the Bolts. To me, this is one step closer to ensuring that the boys in the farm are on a competitive team, and that they are likely to see a nice post season. That will do more for all of their development than playing on a middle of the road AHL team. Let them build a strong taste of winning, one that they will then bring to the table when they get the call up.

Old
09-26-2003, 05:27 PM
RichardZednik#20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
A little bit of competition for our boys can't hurt. I would rather have guys like Ferland, Milroy, Dags etc having to earn their keep rather than taking things for granted. I also like the fact that the team has some top notch additions from the Bolts. To me, this is one step closer to ensuring that the boys in the farm are on a competitive team, and that they are likely to see a nice post season. That will do more for all of their development than playing on a middle of the road AHL team. Let them build a strong taste of winning, one that they will then bring to the table when they get the call up.
Well getting Bolts best foward and defence prospect surely can't hurt. And compititon is always good same for urnning there spot but if Balej is a healty scratch 2/3, don't think you will like it would you?

Old
09-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Sotnos

Feaster was talking about this stuff during the intermission on the radio last night. I didn't quite catch all of it, but from what I heard, it sounded like Hamilton gave him a list (a very short one) of which players they'd accept, so the only players being sent up there are ones they want.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:01 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Well getting Bolts best foward and defence prospect surely can't hurt. And compititon is always good same for urnning there spot but if Balej is a healty scratch 2/3, don't think you will like it would you?
No, I don't want to see our young guns sitting out, but I would think that there still should be room on the roster for the key prospects. They will get their ice time and they will play with good players. This just means that the Dogs will throw three very solid lines out there every game, and the defence pairings will be very solid as well. With players like Grats, Pleks, Balej, Dags, Perezhogin, Milroy, Ferland, Somervuori, maybe Higgs likely the top three lines, that is pretty formidable. Guys like Larrivee, Blouin and others will fight for 4th line duty, but there will be a huge talent gap from the top three lines to #4.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:02 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Well if they want him to be more aware in his own end he could see some 3rd line and PP time along with Higgins or PLekanec ,,,

Old
09-26-2003, 06:03 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Feaster was talking about this stuff during the intermission on the radio last night. I didn't quite catch all of it, but from what I heard, it sounded like Hamilton gave him a list (a very short one) of which players they'd accept, so the only players being sent up there are ones they want.
That makes sense. If Gainey just wanted to fill roster spots, there are legions of ECHL calibre players out there. This way, a competitive team gets even more competitive. Should be good for both team's top prospects.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
That's very interesting. I like the idea of simply accepting good quality players. Players that can challenge Montreal's prospects to play better. I'm all for making players earn their ice time; even on the AHL level.

BTW, this will not have any negative effect on quality prospects like Higgins. A player like Higgins needs to be surrounded by quality in order to develop his offensive game on the AHL level. Surrounding him by equally inexperienced pro players such as Ferland, Milroy, Perezhogin, etcetera is not the way to go.

Closed Thread