HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

2013 Stanley Cup Champions Parade (Post #194: Photos Added; Add More, Anyone!)

Old
06-25-2013, 02:15 PM
YKYW
Messier 2.0

vCash: 500
Any idea if wgn will be showing it live? Gotta assume so

YKYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Ace Rothstein
Systems of Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKYW View Post
Any idea if wgn will be showing it live? Gotta assume so
I would think so. I'd also assume that the local stations will be streaming it on the web as well. NHL Network may carry it too, seems like they've used a local feed in the past for parades but I may completely off on that.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
I am gonna sit this one out

2010 the humidity and heat was brutal and there was too many people (Got good spot but had to go down at 6AM to get it)

Also the 2 jerk Slovak tourists that kept leaning on my little cousin like he was some street post pissed me off and no doubt there will be a lot more people to be jerks this time around

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

@FrankWWEClown 1:56 PM
So yeah the Hawks parade is Friday, but what I really want to know is when the parade celebrating the Cubs release of Carlos Marmol is.

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Francesa
Global Moderator

Can't sit out the parade

Gotta go

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:00 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Friday's the last day of the month, big deadline day. **** me, really need this **** done with by Thursday.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Ace Rothstein
Systems of Football

Think I might just go somewhere in the west loop on Madison to see the team and then watch the rally from one of the bars. Really don't feel like dealing with insane crowds in the Loop.

Ace Rothstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:45 PM
NorthernILHawksFan

I don't want to deal with the insane crowds and the amateur hour that will surely go on (you know what I'm talking about if you've been downtown on St. Patty's Day), but I really want to go down there Friday. Granted, I don't really want to go at 6 a.m. or anything, but I feel like it will be an awesome experience, even if I just watch it at a bar.

NorthernILHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Ilrider

In 2010, we only wanted to see the parade and did not care about the rally, so we found a spot on the stairs in Millennium Park on Michigan Ave. and had a great view of the players and Cup with a very minimal, lower key crowd. If it goes the same route from Washington to Michigan, just a thought, especially if you have kids in tow. I had never seen so many people in my life before that day.

Ilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:02 PM
Hawks82

I didn't go in 2010 (car was in the shop) and part of me really wants to go.

The other part has a fear of being trampled and not wanting to put up with that many people and the weather.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:18 PM
KyleJRM

It's going to be a hot miserable mess and I'm driving from upstate, so little chance to get there crazy-early to get a reasonable spot. But not going isn't really an option.

KyleJRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:36 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
It's going to be a hot miserable mess and I'm driving from upstate, so little chance to get there crazy-early to get a reasonable spot. But not going isn't really an option.
Everything I've seen has a high in the upper 70's with a chance of showers.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:45 PM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

When I went in 2010 it was kinda of an excuse to go out and day drink and just be around the atmosphere. I saw the bus go by, but that was as close as I got. I did not try to get near the stage b/c that was crazy. I actually just went to a bar to watch it once the rally started.

I'll be going again with pretty much the same game plan. Missing this b/c there will be crowds is not an option for me and I hate crowds. You just have to be smart about it and let the day kind of come to you. Don't put a ton of pressure to be in the perfect spot or anything like that.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 05:41 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

They had better let Foley speak this time.

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 05:47 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchruteFarms View Post
They had better let Foley speak this time.
****ing right.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Soapy3PO
Rookie User

Can't wait for this.

I just pray Kane doesn't get freaking crazy drunk again.

Soapy3PO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Amberelise

I went in 2010 and stood on Madison / State. It was AWESOME. Being inside the ticker tape was great. I loved it. It started like 20 minutes late and it was so, so hot and so, so crowded. But, it was still awesome. Going again.

Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Ilrider

Parade from UC to Grant Park Friday. Rally at 11 at Hutchinson Field in Grant Park. Exact parade route might not be announced until Thursday. No alcohol allowed at the rally.

Ilrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:34 PM
hisgirlfriday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilrider View Post
In 2010, we only wanted to see the parade and did not care about the rally, so we found a spot on the stairs in Millennium Park on Michigan Ave. and had a great view of the players and Cup with a very minimal, lower key crowd. If it goes the same route from Washington to Michigan, just a thought, especially if you have kids in tow. I had never seen so many people in my life before that day.
I couldn't get away from work long enough to get a good spot for and stay for the rally and did something similar although my spot was all the way down Washington where the bridge is over the Chicago River. They went slow enough that I could still see everybody and the Cup and by the time I back inside after they passed I still was able to get to a TV and watch the rally itself.

hisgirlfriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:25 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 50
Meh.... wish it was on Saturday, so I could actually make it.

Oh well, at least I made it to the first one.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:49 PM
arsenalgooner

I went in 2010- was about 1/2 a block south of the stage on Michigan Ave. It was, no kidding, one of the most miserable experiences of my entire life. I mean, I'm 100% happy I did it, but I vowed never to do it again. It was a mass of ridiculous people completely unprepared for the weather and sun. I had 6 water bottles with me, but took care to find a bit of shade, and ended up handing out 4 of the bottles to folks not dealing with the heat very well. People were passing out all over the place- being passed to the street so that paramedics could tend to them. Some lady's kid passed out and she freaking lost it. I mean, I suppose that's not that odd, but the fact that she let it get that far was.

Of course, the wife couldn't go to that one, and now she can go on Friday. So, guess what? I'm going to the parade- we're actually shooting for the rally... Ugh. At least it's supposed to be cooler.

arsenalgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:32 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalgooner View Post
I went in 2010- was about 1/2 a block south of the stage on Michigan Ave. It was, no kidding, one of the most miserable experiences of my entire life. I mean, I'm 100% happy I did it, but I vowed never to do it again. It was a mass of ridiculous people completely unprepared for the weather and sun. I had 6 water bottles with me, but took care to find a bit of shade, and ended up handing out 4 of the bottles to folks not dealing with the heat very well. People were passing out all over the place- being passed to the street so that paramedics could tend to them. Some lady's kid passed out and she freaking lost it. I mean, I suppose that's not that odd, but the fact that she let it get that far was.

Of course, the wife couldn't go to that one, and now she can go on Friday. So, guess what? I'm going to the parade- we're actually shooting for the rally... Ugh. At least it's supposed to be cooler.
All of this. It was insane last time. Weather plus a mass of people. I have to work and will catch the highlights on tv. I don't want any part of that again.

Don't expect to take any public transportation for hours afterwards. If you want to be up close, be prepared to get there 4-5 hrs early and sit.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:16 PM
jrc494

Where would be the best spot to catch the parade?

jrc494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:35 PM
EdzosCrayon

I'm in the same boat as a few others here...half of me really wants to go, and the other half wants absolutely nothing to do with the insane hordes of people flooding the streets.

At least I'm able to consider it this time around. I couldn't be there in 2010 but this time I have the day off work.

EdzosCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:47 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

I'll be doing the opposite of most and working from home that day to stay as far away from the city as possible. My commute in the morning is already hell. I'll be watching the parade at home where I can actually see what's going on the whole time.

MadhouseOnMadison is offline   Reply With Quote