HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Miikka Kiprusoff retires

Old
06-27-2013, 02:51 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

vCash: 500
So is he actually retired now? Heard a lot of contradictory reports on the subject...

???

Anyway, if he is, best of luck to him. Hate the Flames of course, but he was one of the best in the business in his prime in the NHL. Kinda sad to see him go out like this if that's what's happening.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 03:38 AM
MuffinMerc
Business. Numbers!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindNMuck View Post
You don't get it? Well lets see here. Obviously the Flames are going to have to sign or trade for a goaltender for next season or so. And Draft Fucale, Who is the top goaltender in this years draft. Clearly the Flames need to rebuild from the start they will be the worst team in the NHL next season. So if they draft Fucale he will be a great pick in the future most likely 2 years or so he should be somewhat ready.

-Have you not been paying attention on how bad the Flames are doing right now? losing there captain, Most likely losing Curtis Glencross, and Mike Cammalleri, now with Mika retired. Who do they have now...?

-Jiri Hudler?
- Alex Tanguay? he wants out of there to.
-Matt Stajan?
-Lee Stempniak ?
-Mark Giordano?
-Dennis Wideman ?

Those players are the Vet's on the team. This team does not look anywhere close to a playoff team.
The Flames have 99 problems and goaltending ain't one.

MuffinMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 04:43 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
I am not trying to criticize anyone. You guys are taking it wrong because you guys are fans of the Flames. It's true they need work that's all im saying, with the roster they have now it is not good. You guys have to admit to that, you cant deny it just because your a fan. I admit when my favorite teams are doing bad and need work.

All i am saying is the loss of Mikka, Iginla, and others truly is going to hurt them, my point is they need to re-build and pick the right players. All i said is they should draft Monahan, Fucale and a Defensemen, And sign some players to start re-building. Everyone took it to far.

It is the truth they need work all around, offensively, defensively and goal tending.
I'm sorry man, but are you even reading to posts your replying to?? NO ONE is saying the flames aren't going to be bad. We are, we know it, we are rebuilding. Now I'll take some time to correct some of your "assumptions";
-Irving will be a free agent.
-Ramo and MacDonald will fight for #1
-Berra, Ortio in the A, Brossoit most likely in the E
- Glencross doesn't want out, word is he won't even waive to anywhere other than Edmonton.
- Nothing has been said about Tanguay wanting out.
- We may very well draft Fucale, but we don't need to, every young goalie in our system was one of the best goalies in their respective league (Ramo, Berra, Ortio, Gillies, Brossoit)
- Also, you post stats from half a season to prove what exactly? Though stats aren't half shabby when stretched to a full, for the most part 20-30 goals and 50-60 pts? I'll take it.

Reading is your friend, and please, before you decide to type out your expert opinion, do some research, know what your talking about, and learn to admit when your wrong.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Drrocket9

Best wishes to Mikka Kiprusoff

I met him after a Sharks game in his early years, he was sitting in his car with g/f and i went up to him to say hello. He was polite, so i gave him a quick joke

"What do Swedish people have, that Finnish people do not?"

"Nice neighbors"

looked at me for 2 seconds then gave me a low key smile, "hey thats pretty good"

Autographed a puck for me, which i still have.

arrrghhh! left out an I sorry Miikka

Drrocket9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Actually goaltending is a problem

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:30 PM
GrindNMuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
I'm sorry man, but are you even reading to posts your replying to?? NO ONE is saying the flames aren't going to be bad. We are, we know it, we are rebuilding. Now I'll take some time to correct some of your "assumptions";
-Irving will be a free agent.
-Ramo and MacDonald will fight for #1
-Berra, Ortio in the A, Brossoit most likely in the E
- Glencross doesn't want out, word is he won't even waive to anywhere other than Edmonton.
- Nothing has been said about Tanguay wanting out.
- We may very well draft Fucale, but we don't need to, every young goalie in our system was one of the best goalies in their respective league (Ramo, Berra, Ortio, Gillies, Brossoit)
- Also, you post stats from half a season to prove what exactly? Though stats aren't half shabby when stretched to a full, for the most part 20-30 goals and 50-60 pts? I'll take it.

Reading is your friend, and please, before you decide to type out your expert opinion, do some research, know what your talking about, and learn to admit when your wrong.

Really i read a week ago, that Tanguay wanted out either trade or bought out or waived.

-Well now today, He is traded.. So who is right people.

GrindNMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Signature
Capitano Giordano

vCash: 132
Quote:
Really i read a week ago, that Tanguay wanted out either trade or bought out or waived.

Still not you. You haven't named a single reliable source to back up any "rumour" information you keep posting, and everybody on the Calgary forums expected at least one of Cammalleri or Tanguay to leave weeks ago.

If you know little, it's best to stop trying to sound like you do.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:39 PM
bWo

Gonna miss kipper. Watching him from the 04 playoff run to now has been a treat. Best of luck in the future!

bWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:59 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:

Not you, you still haven't posted a credible source? And let's say you were right (you weren't), there's still a laundry list of things you are wrong about that you haven't addressed.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Komarov77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMerc View Post
Well then i think they have 100 problems.

Komarov77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 05:19 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Does Kiprusoff merit any HHOF consideration? The guy was like the Finnish Lundqvist of the West but on a worse team

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 01:01 PM
flyin_finn
Fighter Jet Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
Best goalie in the NHL when considering all of the last 10 years. Only Broduer can make another case.
As workhorse goalie he was arguably the best in last 10 years.

Kipper played between 2005-2012 minimum of 70 games per season. That is seven in total compared to Brodeur's six.

For other veterans, since 2003 e.g. Lundqvist and Luongo have both exceeded 70-game mark on four occasions.

flyin_finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsharksfan View Post
Does Kiprusoff merit any HHOF consideration? The guy was like the Finnish Lundqvist of the West but on a worse team
Probably considered, but goalies have a higher standard so I doubt he ever gets inducted. If you aren't going to have a Cup you need an amazing resume. Kipper's is impressive but not quite there. He will have to wait forever cause you cannot justify putting him in before Curtis Joseph or actual Cup/Conn Smythe goalies like Tom Barrasso, Mike Vernon, Mike Richter, Chris Osgood or Rogie Vachon- all of whom I also don't believe are HOF goalies. Kiprusoff has tailed off since 2011 and really he only had 7 either good or great seasons of NHL goaltending (03-04, 2005-11). Unless there is a couple Vezinas and/or a title, I don't see it. Lundqvist just needs another 3-5 seasons at this rate and another Vezina and he's in. A cup only clinches that for him. Kiprusoff won his Vezina and was a finalist in another year but 2004 was the only year of playoff success for him. Not enough but he could see his # retired by the Flames perhaps.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 05:37 AM
TAnnala

I agree. Kipper won't be going to the hall unless something earth staggering happens. At his best he was a Hall of Fame caliber goalie, but his best and rest of his career were too short lived.

One of the better goalies in the " Hall of Very Good" category.

TAnnala is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2013, 06:33 PM
madmike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komarov77 View Post
Well then i think they have 100 problems.
For present it might be. But Gillies and Brossoit are both solid prospects.

For the present, who cares?

If the goaltending stinks it should actually help them.

I really think Gillies is their goalie of the future.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote