HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Novotny and Denisov.

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 04:27 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Novotny and Denisov.

Hey guys.. I'm looking for information on these two prospects, and am hoping you can help me out. Any info including camp performance, style of play, career projection, or anything else constructive would be greatly appreciated.

Go Pyatt!

Old
09-26-2003, 09:00 AM
jpb

vCash: 500
Novotny's in camp, seems to be doing well. He's expected to have a good season in Rochester. I don't believe Denisov was in camp. Not sure if he's still regarded as a viable prospect or not.

Old
09-26-2003, 09:47 AM
ajsonor

Denisov is very similar to a new prospect, Dennis Ezhov. They are both highly regarded, but are on the small size, at or around 6 foot. Their skill level is NHL level, but how they respond to the faster and bigger players will determine if they make it or not.

There was an article on Novotny in today's Rochester paper.
www.democratandchronicle.com

Old
09-26-2003, 11:28 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
I would go farther with the Denisov comments in that he's been in the REL for a couple years now and performed well. He's not large but could have a future as a puckmoving type D. Ezhov, while of similar height, seems to project out as more of a stay-at-home type.

Novotny spent time learning the language and bulking up this summer, so more production is inevitable. He was drafted with the expectation of third liner with leadership capabilities and the potential for more depending on offensive development. The skills sometimes are there, he just needs to bring them out all the time.

Closed Thread