HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canes proposals.. (Jets, Oilers, Rangers)

Old
06-25-2013, 11:33 AM
jeromeo87

vCash: 500
Canes proposals.. (Jets, Oilers, Rangers)

To
Murphy, Dalpe/or Nash, 2nd
To
Byfuglien

To
Ruutu, 3rd
To
Hemsky

To
McBain
To
Boyle

Anyone like any of these?

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:41 AM
RangerGuru

Trade with Rangers was already agreed upon with those two players plus Skinner and Staal. Personally not too happy without Skinner and Staal in there as the current D depth is solid and Boyle is a solid 4C

RangerGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Sub Pyatt for Boyle and I'd be alright with it, but Boyle has been very important to the Rangers since he arrived. I can't imagine they'd move him for McBain after the struggles he's had.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Roof Daddy

As an Oil fan I'd be happy with that straight up, the 3rd rder is overkill. Both players have unattractive injury history, Ruuttu's term isn't ideal for a player with those issues, but neither is Hemsky's most recent production. Risk attached to both, hence fair straight up.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
bleedgreen

I don't like ruutu for hemsky. They're gonna give that guy away, and we give up ruutu +? We only trade ruutu for a defenseman or cash relief. We get neither here.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Petro Points

Ruutu\Hemsky deal isnt very useful...
Both clubs would prefer a different return.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:54 AM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Not hatin' on your prospects, but if Jets move Buff, we would be looking for, most likely, a 2nd line RW, and a 3-4 LHD, both ready to step in immediately. Evander Kane needs line-mates (as opposed to pylons, obviously), and Buff's minutes need to be replaced if he goes.

For a guy who could fill one of those roles now, and a prospect who we were quite certain could VERY SOON fill the other one, you might be able to start a discussion.

Buff is weird, and big, and nobody understands him, but he puts up lots of points, every year, and beats his opposition more often than not (as advanced stats show), even when he's without his partner for 3/4 of the season. If we give that up, we need a little more forward firepower to replace what he brings offensively, and we need D to eat those minutes.

*IF* you were interested at the upcoming deadline, (midseason 2013/14) promising prospects might look better, if we are able to see our young defenseman rise up and play big minutes. (For example, if Trouba breaks down the doors and looks like a top 4 guy already) But at this stage it's a HUGE risk to assume that is going to happen, and so if we make the trade this summer we have to mitigate that risk.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?

vCash: 50
Horrible for Jets

Peter Tagli Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Sub Pyatt for Boyle and I'd be alright with it, but Boyle has been very important to the Rangers since he arrived. I can't imagine they'd move him for McBain after the struggles he's had.
Actually sub anyone of Pyatt or Powe or Asham for Boyle.
I don't think Boyle will be moved unless Torts insists on having him on the Nucks.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:27 PM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
I don't like ruutu for hemsky. They're gonna give that guy away, and we give up ruutu +? We only trade ruutu for a defenseman or cash relief. We get neither here.
Ruutu has a 4.75 mill cap hit for the next 3 years! Thats alot for a guy with injury concerns.

No Good Names Left is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

Absolute no from the Jets.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Good Names Left View Post
Ruutu has a 4.75 mill cap hit for the next 3 years! Thats alot for a guy with injury concerns.
I don't disagree, canes fans generally hate that contract. Thing is that when he plays he fills a big gap, and he plays a style everyone needs. I think we'd all be fine if ruutu brought back a d, or we got clear of the contract but getting hemsky just makes us that much softer, not any less injury prone, and doesn't save us any money. It definitely doesn't improve us any. Hemsky makes more than ruutu does.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
I don't disagree, canes fans generally hate that contract. Thing is that when he plays he fills a big gap, and he plays a style everyone needs. I think we'd all be fine if ruutu brought back a d, or we got clear of the contract but getting hemsky just makes us that much softer, not any less injury prone, and doesn't save us any money. It definitely doesn't improve us any. Hemsky makes more than ruutu does.
No doubt Canes need D help, and everyone knows that is their #1 priority this offseason; and yes, Ruutu could be used to bring that dman in.

The only reason why I've suggested Hemsky to the Canes is because I think the lack of a playmaker is a big reason for some of the struggles this past season. I think a big reason for Skinner's struggles and a big reason for the PP struggles are a direct result of not having a solid playmaker. I think Hemsky would jump start Skinner and the PP. A line of Skinner-J.Staal-Hemsky sounds pretty dangerous to me.

Yes, losing Ruutu's physicality would hurt Carolina, big time, which is why I suggested a guy like Boyle. Losing Ruutu would force Carolina to bring in someone with a solid physical presence.

Old
06-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I'd do it as the Oilers.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Hemsky to Carolina? I thought according to Oiler fans that Hemsky to Ottawa was pretty much a given for Zack Smith. But I'm sure that's just wishful thinking by the Oiler fans.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Chan790

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
To
To
Byfuglien

To
Ruutu, 3rd
To
Hemsky

To
McBain
To
Boyle

I want no part of Buff. I have no aversion to moving those pieces if they return defensive help the Canes can build a blue-line around for the next decade but that's not Dustin Byfuglien. No choice between Dalpe or Nash either. Lose Dalpe. Keep Nash.

I don't see how adding Hemsky helps the Canes, I don't think Edmonton wants Ruutu and I'd rather keep the 3rd.

The Rangers trade I like.

Last edited by Chan790: 06-25-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts
Chan790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Xylo
CaroladianHurriwings

No on Buff, we don't have the space for him. Not to mention he's way out of shape and his conditioning has constantly been an issue with him. Only way I see this being accepted is if some salary is retained which I doubt the 'Peg would do.

Ruutu has an NMC so he'd have to accept that deal, and Carolina is set with forwards, we need defense. If we didn't have Semin now, we'd probably still be mildly interested in Hemsky, but that ship has sailed now. And not for Ruutu, we need to increase our physicality. We're one of the softest teams in the league, moving Ruutu and gaining Hemsky would make that worse.

McBain for Boyle would be done in a heartbeat. Frees a spot up on our blueline which allows Murphy to come up along with a chance for Bellemore on our bottom pairing or as 7th D. And allows us to gain that top 4 guy we've been searching for without crowding up the blueline. Boyle is huge, which is what we want. He's a center, which is what we need. He could get a chance on our third line, and even on our fourth, he'd level out our four lines.

Xylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
We aren't going to trade a defenseman who is still a top scorer for prospects - it's just not going to happen.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:22 PM
shizan

Obviously these proposals are brought to you by a Canes fan. I would do all the deals if I were the Canes and none if I were any of the other teams. The Jets one is absolutely ridiculous and I am not a Jets fan at all.

shizan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 04:23 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylo View Post
No on Buff, we don't have the space for him. Not to mention he's way out of shape and his conditioning has constantly been an issue with him. Only way I see this being accepted is if some salary is retained which I doubt the 'Peg would do.

Ruutu has an NMC so he'd have to accept that deal, and Carolina is set with forwards, we need defense. If we didn't have Semin now, we'd probably still be mildly interested in Hemsky, but that ship has sailed now. And not for Ruutu, we need to increase our physicality. We're one of the softest teams in the league, moving Ruutu and gaining Hemsky would make that worse.

McBain for Boyle would be done in a heartbeat. Frees a spot up on our blueline which allows Murphy to come up along with a chance for Bellemore on our bottom pairing or as 7th D. And allows us to gain that top 4 guy we've been searching for without crowding up the blueline. Boyle is huge, which is what we want. He's a center, which is what we need. He could get a chance on our third line, and even on our fourth, he'd level out our four lines.
I thought a pairing of Buff and Pitkanen would do some damage; however, yes, Buff's conditioning would be a probably...it takes a lot to keep up with Pitkanen. Carolina IS going to pick up a top 4 dman; I'm really curious who they are looking at.

As far as Hemsky goes, like I said: I think the main reason why both Skinner and the PP struggled last year is because Carolina doesn't have a pure playmaker. Hemsky would definitely help out there. But yes, losing Ruutu's physicality would be a big problem. Bringing in someone like Boyle certainly would help.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:56 PM
lablite47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
To
To
Byfuglien

To
Ruutu, 3rd
To
Hemsky

To
McBain
To
Boyle

Need more of a proven return for Buff. Although highly ranked prospects, all players mentioned are by no means proven to this point.

lablite47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:25 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 400
as another Canes fan, the only trade of this set that isn't truly horrible is the Boyle/McBain swap.

Absolutely no cap room for Buf, and Hemsky is the absolute type of player we DON'T need right now.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:11 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Change Boyle to Pyatt and you have a deal.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

I wouldn't touch that Buff trade. Winnipeg needs a top 6 RW and/or #4 LHD heading their way as part of any deal for Buff. This gives them neither.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Xylo
CaroladianHurriwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
I wouldn't touch that Buff trade. Winnipeg needs a top 6 RW and/or #4 LHD heading their way as part of any deal for Buff. This gives them neither.
I don't think Buff is very movable either, considering his poor conditioning (rumors say he finished the season in the 300 lbs area) and contract. His play has fallen off somewhat as well. Hasn't Winnipeg been shopping him and not finding any takers? Isn't he also rumored to be a buyout candidate? Just asking, not really assuming anything

Xylo is offline   Reply With Quote