HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Flyers use a compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov's contract (updates in post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Legion of Gloom
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 1847
Bryz asked Phoenix to take him back for 1.5 mil and they told him to take a walk

Old
07-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

vCash: 500
dead horse <---- beating it.
he's gone ...... im happy the circus is over ....... let's go mason n emery !

Old
07-09-2013, 01:54 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

I noticed no teams have taken an interest in Bryz...big shocker, the man is a wacko!

Old
07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Curufinwe

Calgary is the only team I can see being interested in him.... wait, nevermind. They signed a guy named Karri Ramo to a two year deal at $2.75m per year.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:34 PM
flyershockey

Bryz is KHL bound. Not only is he a pretty bad goalie, but he's also been a rumored cancer in two locker rooms now.

Old
07-09-2013, 02:58 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Bryz is KHL bound. Not only is he a pretty bad goalie, but he's also been a rumored cancer in two locker rooms now.
Confirmed or speculation?

Old
07-09-2013, 02:59 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Does the KHL even want Bryz....he was a media distraction and crapped the bed for his team during the lockout there as well.

Dude is persona non grata....

Old
07-09-2013, 03:00 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

I looked for reports about him headed to the KHL. Haven't seen any confirmation.

I will say that his options in NA play aren't looking great.

I honestly hope this is a nice throw to the face for anyone on the main boards defending his play. The guy was absolutely atrocious between the pipes for us, and that's not even talking about the locker room aspects of his time in Philadelphia.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:04 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Confirmed or speculation?
Just my speculation. I guess I shouldn't have been so definitive, but that's the only option I see for him right now. It's already a pretty saturated goalie market and I don't think anybody really wants to deal with his personality anymore.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:06 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Just my speculation. I guess I shouldn't have been so definitive, but that's the only option I see for him right now. It's already a pretty saturated goalie market and I don't think anybody really wants to deal with his personality anymore.
Holmgren is a respected GM, and the Flyers are a respected organization.

If the Flyers, after two seasons, said enough is enough, then you can be assured that any other teams interested in Bryzgalov are going to take notice of the potential reasons why he is no longer in Philadelphia. They're also going to put a lot more stock into the words of a GM as opposed to the words of a player's agent.

I don't think Bryzgalov has an NHL future.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:09 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Holmgren is a respected GM, and the Flyers are a respected organization.

If the Flyers, after two seasons, said enough is enough, then you can be assured that any other teams interested in Bryzgalov are going to take notice of the potential reasons why he is no longer in Philadelphia. They're also going to put a lot more stock into the words of a GM as opposed to the words of a player's agent.

I don't think Bryzgalov has an NHL future.
It's pretty bad when Snider says that practically no psychologist in the world could probably figure out Bryz...

Old
07-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
I looked for reports about him headed to the KHL. Haven't seen any confirmation.

I will say that his options in NA play aren't looking great.

I honestly hope this is a nice throw to the face for anyone on the main boards defending his play. The guy was absolutely atrocious between the pipes for us, and that's not even talking about the locker room aspects of his time in Philadelphia.
Most of them agreed he was atrocious yet still criticized Philly for buying him out.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:13 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Most of them agreed he was atrocious yet still criticized Philly for buying him out.
Not from what I saw. Most of them seemed to blame the defense, which assumes that behind a better defense he would be good again.

Old
07-09-2013, 03:40 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
It's pretty bad when Snider says that practically no psychologist in the world could probably figure out Bryz...
That and the fact that they were willing to pay him millions of dollars just to go away.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

at least we can all move on from it .. nobody will ever really know the truth

#bringon2013-2014

Old
07-12-2013, 11:17 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Does the KHL even want Bryz....he was a media distraction and crapped the bed for his team during the lockout there as well.

Dude is persona non grata....
He's still a big name over there. He'll sell tickets, all that matters in the KHL is money.

Old
07-12-2013, 11:23 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
He's still a big name over there. He'll sell tickets, all that matters in the KHL is money.
Don't know. Last time he went over he played 3rd string. Maybe it was cause of the lockout. Don't know. Can say he wasn't too happy about it though.

Old
07-13-2013, 12:53 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

#bringon2013-2014
The truth is he was disrespected by fans and the media from the first month on because of that contract. Just another guy to "coincidentally" suck on the flyers. We get a solid idea of what's doing for real with emery cause if he comes here and all of a sudden sucks after lookin like an all star on 2 different teams, we'll know exactly who's fault it is and was. I'll still root for Bryz wherever he goes.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:07 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
The truth is he was disrespected by fans and the media from the first month on because of that contract. Just another guy to "coincidentally" suck on the flyers. We get a solid idea of what's doing for real with emery cause if he comes here and all of a sudden sucks after lookin like an all star on 2 different teams, we'll know exactly who's fault it is and was. I'll still root for Bryz wherever he goes.
He was disrespected by the fans because he deserved it. I mean there's a reason him and Mike Smith were nobody's prior to playing with Phoenix.

Emery only played 10 games with Anaheim three years ago. While he played well it was a small sample size.

10-11 ANH: 10GP 2.28 .926
11-12 CHI: 34GP 2.81 .900
12-13 CHI: 21GP 1.94 .922

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-13-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old
07-13-2013, 01:09 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Don't know. Last time he went over he played 3rd string. Maybe it was cause of the lockout. Don't know. Can say he wasn't too happy about it though.
He still put up pretty decent numbers over there during the lockout and at this point it's looking like he doesn't have much of a choice.

I mean it comes down to riding the bench in the NHL making peanuts or ride the bench in the KHL making better money and being back in your homeland.

Old
07-13-2013, 01:16 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
The truth is he was disrespected by fans and the media from the first month on because of that contract.
This is just flat out not true. Most people celebrated him for a while. Hell, he had support from a few right up until we brought in Mason.

Old
07-13-2013, 08:28 AM
JustJim

I met Ilya many times when he lived in South Jersey, and I must say that he is a very nice guy and dedicated Dad to his kids. He is also very proud of his home country, so it wouldn't surprise me if he went back to the KHL if nothing works out here in the NHL.
I am very glad that the Flyers bought him out, because I don't think he has a passion for hockey. To him, it's just a job.
Mason and Emery both want the starting job, so this will be interesting to see how it will be to have two goalies who live to play....instead of Bryz, who plays to live.

Old
07-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

#bringon2013-2014
I don't think anybody is surprised that you're so eager to stop discussing this.

In the end, you were wrong. Bryz wasn't good enough. And, cap hit mattered.

Quote:
He wasn't "disrespected" until December/January, after he had made himself a media circus while being the worst starting goaltender in the league by a good margin. He brought it all on himself.

07-13-2013, 11:25 AM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I don't think anybody is surprised that you're so eager to stop discussing this.

In the end, you were wrong. Bryz wasn't good enough. And, cap hit mattered.

He wasn't "disrespected" until December/January, after he had made himself a media circus while being the worst starting goaltender in the league by a good margin. He brought it all on himself.

He wasn't great and definatley wasn't worth that contract. really i don't feel any goalie is considering how fleeting the position is. in hindsight guys like brodeur but really every body else could fall off a cliff at any time so that wasn't ever going to work but he didn't make himself a media circus. the media did. he got ridiculed for being a weirdo because he's interested in space and speaks in broken english. They shoved microphones in his face looking for him to say something funny every day. his mistake was trying to appease these a holes. as far as his play , he let in some crappers but looking forward we'll have a good test this season. i don't think the team plan has changed at all so it'll help me to maybe view this thing from another angle. you gotta understand i have a bug up my ass not only about bryz but bob too.

Old
07-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
[/B]

He wasn't great and definatley wasn't worth that contract. really i don't feel any goalie is considering how fleeting the position is. in hindsight guys like brodeur but really every body else could fall off a cliff at any time so that wasn't ever going to work but he didn't make himself a media circus. the media did. he got ridiculed for being a weirdo because he's interested in space and speaks in broken english. They shoved microphones in his face looking for him to say something funny every day. his mistake was trying to appease these a holes. as far as his play , he let in some crappers but looking forward we'll have a good test this season. i don't think the team plan has changed at all so it'll help me to maybe view this thing from another angle. you gotta understand i have a bug up my ass not only about bryz but bob too.
And that's a pretty enormous mistake. He didn't need to say this stuff the the media. Yet even after it repeatedly bit him in the ass, he kept on doing it. That's on him. The media in Philly is garbage. The best thing to do is ignore them as best as you can, not feed them. Unless you're Pronger, then you can just abuse Timmy until he develops some weird Stockholm Syndrome (Pronger Syndrome?) where he thinks he's actually best buds with you.

As for the team, I think they're pretty different. Lecavalier turns the team into a two line scoring team, possibly three. That alone ought to make a big difference.

Closed Thread