HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Off Season/Free Agent Discussion Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2013, 04:36 PM
  #1
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,434
vCash: 500
2013 Off Season/Free Agent Discussion Thread II

Continue.

__________________

IslesRock4 is online now  
Old
06-18-2013, 04:42 PM
  #2
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 21,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Bobrovsky is not Bryzgalov.
Someone forgot to tell Paul Holmgren.

IslesRock4 is online now  
Old
06-18-2013, 04:43 PM
  #3
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,003
vCash: 55
Poliz24 my bad. I've got Bryz on the brain.

As for Bob....with him using the KHL as leverage and that $10m offer from the KHL, I'm leery about acquiring him. Isles aren't going to wildly outbid anyone.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  #4
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 18,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Poliz24 my bad. I've got Bryz on the brain.

As for Bob....with him using the KHL as leverage and that $10m offer from the KHL, I'm leery about acquiring him. Isles aren't going to wildly outbid anyone.
acquiring BOB? Hes on the block? and is it 10 mil per?


If I could play at home for more money than I would be very very eager to go...

StrongIslanders90 is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 06:05 PM
  #5
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,003
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
acquiring BOB? Hes on the block? and is it 10 mil per?


If I could play at home for more money than I would be very very eager to go...
The press is reporting the KHL offer is $10m per.The fact that he hasn't snapped that KHL offer up,imo shows wants to get an extension with Columbus, stay in the NHL.

He really has Columbus over a barrel: his vezina win + a big KHL offer.

If Snow and the isles jumped into the mix, I'd want Snow to get an extension agreed to first.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 06:30 PM
  #6
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The press is reporting the KHL offer is $10m per.The fact that he hasn't snapped that KHL offer up,imo shows wants to get an extension with Columbus, stay in the NHL.
Well, he's technically still under contract until July 5th, so that might play into it as well.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 06:44 PM
  #7
IslandersFan17
Registered User
 
IslandersFan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Color me boring but outside of one or two guys i think the islanders should stand par and continue to build via the draft and from within. Guys like Nino and Strome were the reasons why snow never really acquired a fixture next to Tavares. Those were to be the potential future winger(s) for JT. Guys like Nelson are the bearings of the fruit of drafting well and building from within. No reason to start moving these guys in order to try and get different pieces.

I understand not all of these players will pan out and you can't expect each one to make an impact in the NHL. However, we made the playoffs without their talent, imagine how good and how much of a consistent contender we can be of those guys pan out .

IslandersFan17 is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 10:00 PM
  #8
Bunk Moreland
Registered User
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,816
vCash: 50
Flyers maybe in on Ryan like always cause it seems that has been rumored for like 2 years now:

Quote:
@tpanotchCSN 3h
2 NHL sources tell CSN Flyers & ANA talking of Bobby Ryan. Among scenarios being discussed: Coburn, 11th pick for Ryan... more later
https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/stat...28592863481856

Bunk Moreland is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 10:22 PM
  #9
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Flyers maybe in on Ryan like always cause it seems that has been rumored for like 2 years now:



https://twitter.com/tpanotchCSN/stat...28592863481856
How can they afford him? They are already 7 million over the cap next season.

Philly is out of control with it's spending, and with handing out no movement clauses. I look forward to them being our division's new doormat because of it.

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 10:27 PM
  #10
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
How can they afford him? They are already 7 million over the cap next season.

Philly is out of control with it's spending, and with handing out no movement clauses. I look forward to them being our division's new doormat because of it.
When you have an owner who seemingly doesn't care how much money is spent and an incredibly aggressive GM... you get what's happening in Philly.

2 compliance buyouts and trading someone like Meszaros could free up a lot of space for them. Too bad Streit already takes up $5M+ of any cap space that is freed up.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 10:30 PM
  #11
ziggy7716
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Looks like it's the Isles and the Leafs

http://twitter.com/StapeNewsday

Last RT another sign that Flyers not in the Bernier sweepstakes. #Isles and Leafs may be at the head of the line now.


Last edited by Homeland Security: 06-19-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Added tweet text
ziggy7716 is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 10:48 PM
  #12
A Pointed Stick
There Is Always...
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,649
vCash: 250
What about giving them Poulin as part of the deal?

A Pointed Stick is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 11:19 PM
  #13
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
How can they afford him? They are already 7 million over the cap next season.
I just don't get why they would want him. They have plenty of scoring forwards already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
What about giving them Poulin as part of the deal?
They probably wouldn't be interested in that. My guess is that they'll want to go with a traditional, veteran backup who knows and is comfortable in the backup role.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 11:59 PM
  #14
InformTheMasses
Registered User
 
InformTheMasses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
What about giving them Poulin as part of the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post

They probably wouldn't be interested in that. My guess is that they'll want to go with a traditional, veteran backup who knows and is comfortable in the backup role.
The Kings have a kid by the name of Martin Jones, he has proved just as much, if not more than Poulin at this point in the AHL in his three years there. Jones is an RFA, and when he signs will likely assume the back-up goaltending job once the deal Bernier for a 'Kings ransom' (pardon the pun). He's a big boy too like Nilsson, something like 6'4" or 6'5".

Jones may not even be much of a downgrade from Bernier, it's entirely possible that they value him as much as they do Bernier. Lombardi is no fool, the Kings will come out of this situation big winners, one way or another.

InformTheMasses is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 12:04 AM
  #15
blitzkriegs
Registered User
 
blitzkriegs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Beach & Mtn & Island
Posts: 9,613
vCash: 500
You know what Lombardi did? In SJ he developed slowly and patiently, then when the team was poised to take the next step into contender status he moved assets from a deep pool/picks to acquire veteran talent. Lombardi did the same thing in LA.

Sow is following the same model and the Isles are two seasons away from those moves. Flirt with Bernie, but don't overpay with Niño or the 1st. Go get khudobin, keep your assets, acquire some buyout players (Briere, please TB buy out Malone), sign a UFA d-man, and call it a day

blitzkriegs is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 04:56 AM
  #16
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,399
vCash: 500
Sooooo many guys of interest who are UFAs or will be becoming UFAs due to buyouts or because they're just too expensive for their current team's pay structure.

Scuderi continues to entice...

I find the thought of Filppula hitting the open market to be VERY tantalizing!

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:44 AM
  #17
islandermaniac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Sooooo many guys of interest who are UFAs or will be becoming UFAs due to buyouts or because they're just too expensive for their current team's pay structure.

Scuderi continues to entice...

I find the thought of Filppula hitting the open market to be VERY tantalizing!
From tsn.ca:

"Does Pavel Datsyuk's extension mean Valtteri Filppula is unaffordable for the Red Wings?

Dreger: It seems that way. He's a pending unrestricted free agent and word on the street suggests that Filppula wants as much as $5.5 million per year on a mega-deal. Outside the organization - seven years, inside - eight years. That's too much."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425809

i would have to say that there is nothing tantalizing about that.

islandermaniac is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:54 AM
  #18
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 12,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
From tsn.ca:

"Does Pavel Datsyuk's extension mean Valtteri Filppula is unaffordable for the Red Wings?

Dreger: It seems that way. He's a pending unrestricted free agent and word on the street suggests that Filppula wants as much as $5.5 million per year on a mega-deal. Outside the organization - seven years, inside - eight years. That's too much."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425809

i would have to say that there is nothing tantalizing about that.
Taking those numbers with a grain of salt...

It's not like he's some 35 year old Swiss defenseman or something.

Chapin Landvogt is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 07:57 AM
  #19
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,003
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Well, he's technically still under contract until July 5th, so that might play into it as well.
Good point.

Columbus's gm sounded confident of getting a deal done, but I guess it doesn't help his position to sound nervous about keeping Bob.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 08:23 AM
  #20
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 18,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The press is reporting the KHL offer is $10m per.The fact that he hasn't snapped that KHL offer up,imo shows wants to get an extension with Columbus, stay in the NHL.

He really has Columbus over a barrel: his vezina win + a big KHL offer.

If Snow and the isles jumped into the mix, I'd want Snow to get an extension agreed to first.
BOB is a UFA? wow I thought he was a RFA for some season, I forgot that the Flyers signed him as a FA...

Damn, in that case Forget Bernier and Khudobin, spend the money and get BOB


That Vezina IMO add like 1.5-2 mil more per for him.....

StrongIslanders90 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 08:40 AM
  #21
seabass45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,945
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
BOB is a UFA? wow I thought he was a RFA for some season, I forgot that the Flyers signed him as a FA...

Damn, in that case Forget Bernier and Khudobin, spend the money and get BOB


That Vezina IMO add like 1.5-2 mil more per for him.....
He's a RFA. Doesn't prevent KHL teams from swooping in though.

seabass45 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 12:46 PM
  #22
blinkman360
Norris
 
blinkman360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawn Guyland
Country: United States
Posts: 9,699
vCash: 500
Trade for Bernier(1st if need be... not Nino) and sign Scuderi.

That's all that I think is necessary. Get a solid, veteran defensive top-4 and a #1 goaltender of the present/future.

Re-Sign Nabby for one more year. Lock up Hammer and Bailey long term. Infuse Strome, Nelson, Nino and Donovan.

blinkman360 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
  #23
CaptDenisPotvin
Registered User
 
CaptDenisPotvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Trade for Bernier(1st if need be... not Nino) and sign Scuderi.

That's all that I think is necessary. Get a solid, veteran defensive top-4 and a #1 goaltender of the present/future.

Re-Sign Nabby for one more year. Lock up Hammer and Bailey long term. Infuse Strome, Nelson, Nino and Donovan.
Ding ding ding...IMO not a whole lot more would need to be done. A vet top 4 defenseman and a serious goalie would cut down on goals against and with the younger guys maturing along with introducing strome, ninoand donovan into the lineup we could very good next year.

CaptDenisPotvin is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 01:45 PM
  #24
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!
 
islesfan186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,464
vCash: 500
So I read an article on the fourth period that the lightning MAY buy out Lecavalier...though unrealistic, anyone else think the isles should try to sign him IF the lightning do buy him out? Yeah he's older now, but still a pretty talented player, unlike the other old geezers the isles have gotten recently (BRIAN ROLSTON!!!)

islesfan186 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 02:56 PM
  #25
seafoam
Nielsen, Frans
 
seafoam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 38,787
vCash: 50
No thanks on Vinny, the Isles don't need to get wrapped up in players that are past their prime and injury prone that would take away ice time from top prospects.

seafoam is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.