HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryz buyout - Miller to Flyers?

Old
06-26-2013, 03:55 PM
BCS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Im not wasting a Miller asset on Read and Mez.when you can pick up those assets rather easily thru other means. Miller needs to bring futures.
Miller isn't that big of an asset. He's a 33-year-old goalie with one year of team control left, so there probably isn't much of a market for him. I think a 27-year-old top six winger and a 28-year-old top four defenseman would be a respectable return.

BCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Josh Rimer, the guy with actual sources who broke the Miller/Flyers talks was just on WGR. Anybody want to talk about what he said the value would be? Anybody? Ok, I'll just tell you.

Rimer said it would have to start with the 11th overall pick, add a prospect like Couturier, maybe Read, and add another minor leaguer. But don't worry, you guys have it all figured out from behind your keyboards.

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 03:56 PM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Agreed, ultimately. I wonder if combining them would improve or harm their value, though.
Who knows.

I would love to be the fly on the wall when it comes to all the potential trade talks right about now.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 03:57 PM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Josh Rimer, the guy with actual sources who broke the Miller/Flyers talks was just on WGR. Anybody want to talk about what he said the value would be? Anybody? Ok, I'll just tell you.

Rimer said it would have to start with the 11th overall pick, add a prospect like Couturier, maybe Read, and add another minor leaguer. But don't worry, you guys have it all figured out from behind your keyboards.
I think there will be a long line of volunteers to drive Miller to Philly for 11+Couts.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:

What a joke. His word on what it would take is just as good as your average forum poster.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BCS

Quote:
Rimer said it would have to start with the 11th overall pick, add a prospect like Couturier, maybe Read, and add another minor leaguer.
Rimer thinks Miller could return all that? . The Sabres would be extremely lucky to get No. 11 straight up for Miller, let alone that entire package. Couturier? Try Miller and No. 8 at the very least.

Last edited by BCS: 06-26-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old
Beerz

Quote:

It wont be that much but it will be more than some of the **** floating around here.

Beerz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
That's really, really hard to believe, but obviously I'd love nothing more than for him to be right.
Not me. Because if that's what it would take it won't get done. Hopefully the true value (to Darcy) is a hell of a lot more reasonable.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
Miller isn't that big of an asset. He's a 33-year-old goalie with one year of team control left, so there probably isn't much of a market for him. I think a 27-year-old top six winger and a 28-year-old top four defenseman would be a respectable return.
They do nothing for this team..use FA for your vet plugs...use your outgoing assets for futures. ID be happy with a mid to late 1st and decent prospect or a 2nd and a very good prospect.. I dont expect a huge return.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:

what did Eklund say?

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogilny 89 View Post
What a joke. His word on what it would take is just as good as your average forum poster.
Yeah, I'd probably take the word of some of our esteemed posters over a guy who has connections all over the league. What would a guy who knows 95% of the players in the leagues phone number know?

stokes84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:07 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
what did Eklund say?
Probably that Patrick Kane isnt a franchise player.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:08 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:

I would see that happening if Miller was a couple years younger, didn't have only one year to go before UFA, and had more than one or two teams seriously interested in him.

As it stands, everyone knows Darcy has to get rid of the guy and very few people are looking for a starting goalie north of 30. He's not going to generate a bidding war.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Yeah, I'd probably take the word of some of our esteemed posters over a guy who has connections all over the league. What would a guy who knows 95% of the players in the leagues phone number know?
he could have a bunch of phone numbers, and even have connections that clue him into "interest"... and still be coming up with his own poor evaluation of trade value.

Do you think Rimer made those comments based on conversations he's had with GMs? Like Holmgren/Regier said, it's going to take the 11th and Couturier to get Miller?

I doubt it

Sounds more like a guy who has information connecting 2 teams... and did what we do, which is come up with his own interpretation of trade value.

his interpretation is way off IMO... and I'd love love love to be wrong

Old
06-26-2013, 04:09 PM
sjci

vCash: 172
Quote:

I think he meant it as:

1st
High Prospect/Solid Player like Couts/Read
Minor Leaguer

Not Couts and Read, but I agree on the principle that Miller will fetch a decent return, and he's not seen as trash like a lot of the proposals around here

sjci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:13 PM
BCS

Quote:
They do nothing for this team..use FA for your vet plugs...use your outgoing assets for futures. ID be happy with a mid to late 1st and decent prospect or a 2nd and a very good prospect.. I dont expect a huge return.
I see your point. I suppose, under the assumption that a.) Miller will definitely be dealt, and b.) there aren't many suitors for him, I'm in a "get whatever decent return you can" mindset - even if it means a couple of late-20-somethings.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:21 PM
dotcommunism

Quote:
Unless he actually said Buffalo asked for X or demanded Y for Miller, then his assessment of "what it would take" is purely speculative.

dotcommunism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Beerz

And where are people getting that DR HAS to trade Miller? I havent read anywhere that he wants out of Buffalo

Old
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Quote:
And where are people getting that DR HAS to trade Miller? I havent eead anywhere that he wants out of Buffalo
Neither have I. But I'll eat my hat if he doesn't walk next summer, and Enroth is a viable alternate now.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcommunism View Post
Unless he actually said Buffalo asked for X or demanded Y for Miller, then his assessment of "what it would take" is purely speculative.
exactly

Old
06-26-2013, 04:26 PM
AirBriere48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
I think he meant it as:

1st
High Prospect/Solid Player like Couts/Read
Minor Leaguer

Not Couts and Read, but I agree on the principle that Miller will fetch a decent return, and he's not seen as trash like a lot of the proposals around here
I think the return will be pretty good, though certainly not a high first and a top prospect. Guys like Rimer are useful for their contacts and inside info, but I don't put a ton of weight on their predictions of trade value.

It was pretty clear that he was just spitballing re: Miller's potential return, and not speaking off of any concrete information. The forum (a local buffalo radio station) might also have influenced his comments a bit as well, skewing his prediction a bit higher than might be the case in a more neutral setting (i.e. on Sportsnet).

AirBriere48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Beerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
Neither have I. But I'll eat my hat if he doesn't walk next summer, and Enroth is a viable alternate now.
I expect him to be dwalt bc it will help the rebuild. .but he doesnt have to be. I still dont buy Enroth as a viable alternative tho

Old
06-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

vCash: 50
It's generous to assume this guy isn't just speculating about talks in the first place.

Connor McDavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Digable5

If there is any talk of a 2013 1st or high end prospect like Couturier being offered for Miller, I say yes before they can renege on the deal. I would expect something closer to a 2013 2nd and a prospect/young roster player and a conditional 2014 pick (1st if he resigns/2nd if he does not). I think that is fair compensation for him as a rental in a buyers market for goalies with a boost if the team that takes him gets him signed to a long term contract.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 04:30 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:

Given that he only has 1 year of term left (IMO the biggest detractor of value in a trade) and that his tenure in Buffalo seems at an end, I would be thrilled with #11. Add in a prospect like Couturier and I would be doing my half drunken, half naked kilt dance all the way to FNC. Would be a tremendous return IMO for 1 year of term. Although despite the term and contract I think Miller still has a lot to offer a team and could be part of a cup contender / winner.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote