HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryz buyout - Miller to Flyers?

Old
06-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Lloydchristmas138

vCash: 500
Honestly with the amount of young centers we already have I would rather have Wayne Simmonds, but he might be even harder to acquire/borderline untouchable. Hartnell anyone?

Lloydchristmas138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Eichel15
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to Eichel15
Miller, at his age, contract status, and recent performance is NOT worth the 11th. This isn't his Vezina/Olympic year anymore. Get over it people.

Eichel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Lloydchristmas138

And man that Philly team was stacked when they had Pronger..Girouox, JVR, Briere, Richards, Carter etc. Saw one of the games live, and I remember the two players on Philly that we were most nervous when they had the puck was Giroux(who was just brilliant and took over the team it seemed and probably sealed Richards fate)and...wait for it...Ville Leino

Lloydchristmas138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 06:40 AM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrothorne View Post
Miller, at his age, contract status, and recent performance is NOT worth the 11th. This isn't his Vezina/Olympic year anymore. Get over it people.
The Miller who had an even strength save % almost equal to his Vezina year, and who was voted MVP of the team... by the other players? The Miller who led the league in saves? There is nothing wrong with his recent performance.

And I see a few folk do this on the other HF boards as well. His age is a non-factor. Goalies are quite capable of playing at a high level well into their 30's.

The only real factor is the one year left on his contract. Even the 6+ million is not a factor, because it's almost certain the Sabres would retain some of the salary if he were traded.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 06:50 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Walker View Post
i am so glad you are not in charge of anything but your opinion. Just curious what you think Pominville was worth before the trade. you think Miller is worth so little. i know your opinion is incorrect.
I am so glad that you are glad

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Everyone relax. Deep breath in.

And now let's continue with this spirited, but non-vitriolic discussion like the civilized posters we are.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydchristmas138 View Post
Honestly with the amount of young centers we already have I would rather have Wayne Simmonds, but he might be even harder to acquire/borderline untouchable. Hartnell anyone?
Would love Simmonds, but as you said I think that would be tough to pull off. Big no to Hartnell. Why would you add him to a rebuild / retool team? He would be a good addition to a cup contender perhaps, but not to a team in Buffalo's position IMO.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

you never know how much GMs value Millers American Goalie Hero image, he probably still carries from the olympics.

and Darcy is known for not ****ing around when it comes to trades, so I doubt he will sell miller for some crappy assets or something.

we'll see

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
The twitter scuttlebutt says that Darcy is asking for too much and the Flyers backed off

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Jim Bob
I like Big Botts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
The twitter scuttlebutt says that Darcy is asking for too much and the Flyers backed off
Unfortunately, that is completely believable.

Jim Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
anyone even remotely familiar with the Sabres could've tweeted that

hopefully darcy realizes it's a buyers market

Old
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
anyone even remotely familiar with the Sabres could've tweeted that

hopefully darcy realizes it's a buyers market
he's going to dig in real deep on his prized two stars, Vanek I think he can do well on...he has to realize to take pretty much anything for Miller and move on

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
And this ladies and gents are how BS rumors get propagated. No offense, but this rumor will be fact in like 2 hours. Begin the crusade.

Mit Yarrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:07 PM
dma0034

If Miller returned a 2nd I'd be happy. At most he'll get a 2nd and prospect..... asking for any more isn't going to happen. Young Goalies are worth a fortune.... Older Goalies aren't.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Top Pair Imposter
False Defenseman

I don't think these discussions ever happened

Top Pair Imposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:39 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
They did. Darcy tried to use his mind control powers, but Holmgren was wearing his special helmet. I have sources.

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:43 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Eklund is hearing some definite susurration out of Edmonton that they might move Gretzky. He's hearing some very hard murmurs of interest from....the Minnesota North Stars.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:44 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
Josh Rimer already confirmed they have

So thats at least 1 fairly reliable source

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:47 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
If Miller returned a 2nd I'd be happy. At most he'll get a 2nd and prospect..... asking for any more isn't going to happen. Young Goalies are worth a fortune.... Older Goalies aren't.
A 2nd round pick for a top 10 goalie.These "young goalies" are nowhere near as good and will never be as good as Miller.Ryan is bringing a 1st back minimum.I predict mid to late 1st or 2014 1st and a teams 4th or 5th best prospect.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Rhett4
Buffalo Selects Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
A 2nd round pick for a top 10 goalie.These "young goalies" are nowhere near as good and will never be as good as Miller.Ryan is bringing a 1st back minimum.I predict mid to late 1st or 2014 1st and a teams 4th or 5th best prospect.
Hasek at 36 had a year left, too, and he landed SLAVA KOZLOV (and a first). And I capped Slava's name because I hate that guy and find him hilarious all at the same time. I know we can't draw any conclusions from that trade because it was more than a decade ago, Hasek forced the Sabres to take less, and well...it was Hasek. Still, I wanted to bring it up for the hell of it. Call it boredom...

With that said, I agree with you. Anyone saying Miller's value is a 2nd round pick...um, no. A couple months of Jordan Leopold is worth more than a year of Miller? Doubtful. He may not be an elite goalie any more, but he still has cachet.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
i notice you've taken a step towards reality

what happened to Strome, Roster Player , 15th ?

Last edited by Jame: 06-28-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old
06-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Top Pair Imposter
False Defenseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
Josh Rimer already confirmed they have

So thats at least 1 fairly reliable source
He confirmed his own speculation?

Top Pair Imposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
I'd be very happy with a 2014 1st. I just don't think he has too much value unless he's going to a team that he really wants to be on and there's either an extension up front or both sides know there's a great chance he'll eventually sign one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Hasek at 36 had a year left, too, and he landed SLAVA KOZLOV (and a first). And I capped Slava's name because I hate that guy and find him hilarious all at the same time. I know we can't draw any conclusions from that trade because it was more than a decade ago, Hasek forced the Sabres to take less, and well...it was Hasek. Still, I wanted to bring it up for the hell of it. Call it boredom...

With that said, I agree with you. Anyone saying Miller's value is a 2nd round pick...um, no. A couple months of Jordan Leopold is worth more than a year of Miller? Doubtful. He may not be an elite goalie any more, but he still has cachet.
Hasek was the greatest goaltender of all (imo) and still elite at the time of the trade. Ryan Miller now is not as good as Hasek was at the time of the trade. And the return wasn't good. A late 1st and a solid top 6 veteran who didn't want to be there. They probably also knew there was a great chance he'd want to stay there since he basically forced the trade specifically to Detroit afaik.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:01 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

vCash: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i notice you've taken a step towards reality

what happened to Strome, Roster Player , 15th ?
I never said Miller was worth Strome,15th and a player ( )

The only time I ever mentioned Strome and Miller was in a proposal for Miller AND Vanek.

I actually seem to remember mentioning these specific players in a possible Miller to NYI trade.

Quote:
For who? Obviously Larsson is off limits in a trade for Miller and they really don't have anything that attractive to trade. Lou has drafted terribly since 2005, Henrique is nice but he would be no more then our 3rd best center behind Cody and Ennis.I got no interest in Merrill as the centerpiece for Miller either. Hopefully no one mentions Zubrus or Tallinder Guys like Tedenby, Josefson etc are pretty unattractive in a trade for a top 10 goalie.

I think the Isles would be a good spot for him if he doesn't have them on his list, Nabokov is on his last legs and they have no one else even close to Millers level . He could team with Tavares as the face of the franchise when they move to Brooklyn.

Either

Kyle Okposo + 2nd

Or

Josh Bailey + 1st

Gee, I posted that on May 3rd.I clearly said Miller would not get an elite prospect in return (example Adam Larsson) So if I clearly said Miller couldn't return an elite prospect like Larsson in return, why the hell would I say Miller could get an even better prospect like Strome + a mid 1st round pick and a roster player.That's because I didn't say that.

I proposed Okposo and a 2nd or Bailey and 15.Pretty big difference between Ryan Strome and the 2 guys I listed.

Nice try though trying to falsely put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Hasek forced a trade to Detroit so that right there totally cut Regier's bargaining power.And Hasek actually dictated what players could be included and which players were too valuable.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:10 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Not sure if mentioned but Kevin Snow said Briere is a 60-70 percent chance to COME BACK to the Sabres. We will see.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote