HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXIX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
  #351
bromando
Registered User
 
bromando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
You do realize that we were joking around about an all center team, right?
I was joking too? Whoooops. I guess I'm used to the DP comments sections where people actually think Hishon and Siemens are ready enough to mean we can trade our better pieces and replace them with prospects. I need to get used to this forum having people who know a lot more about hockey than I do. My bad

bromando is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:08 PM
  #352
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
That wouldn't be very smart of them, considering they don't know what they have in Barkov and Drouin is better. I would be shocked if this were the reason.

I honestly don't know where Vinny will go to. He doesn't like the lime light so, I could see him going to a smaller market team. Maybe Nashville?
I'll put my prediction in... Columbus.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
  #353
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Apparently Letang wants north of 7/year.
I have had thoughts of what he would look like in an Avs uni...

They are gone now

Avs For Life is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  #354
Teuras
Registered offender
 
Teuras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
I'll put my prediction in... Columbus.
I bet he's going to Florida

Teuras is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:10 PM
  #355
Huis Clos
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Huis Clos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bromando View Post
I need to get used to this forum having people who know a lot more about hockey than I do. My bad
Faint praise.

Huis Clos is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:12 PM
  #356
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,954
vCash: 500
Acquire all the centers!!

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:14 PM
  #357
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,483
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
I have had thoughts of what he would look like in an Avs uni...

They are gone now
I'd still be really interested in him, hopefully this reduces his value. It would mean that we are losing one of ROR or Stastny for sure though.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
  #358
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by bromando View Post
I was joking too? Whoooops. I guess I'm used to the DP comments sections where people actually think Hishon and Siemens are ready enough to mean we can trade our better pieces and replace them with prospects. I need to get used to this forum having people who know a lot more about hockey than I do. My bad
I don't know about hockey, but I do know more than most about making pointless sarcastic jokes on the internet.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:15 PM
  #359
Hans Landaskog
Registered User
 
Hans Landaskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,618
vCash: 50
But Letang has gone on record saying if not Penguins, TML. He's not coming here.

Hans Landaskog is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:19 PM
  #360
Ivan13
Problem child
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 12,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
But Letang has gone on record saying if not Penguins, TML. He's not coming here.
Yeah about that, it seems like he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Sort of the way the Hawks abused Chara and made him look old and slow.

Anyway...

LeBrun, BMac and Letang's agent have all come out and basically said Rossi made this story up. It's hard to believe with Rossi's track record of pungent journalism that anyone would take him seriously, especially the Toronto media.

It's like Eklund reporting this and it being actual news.

Rossi flat out makes things up and was even temporarily removed as the Pens beat writer once for making up a story.

Rossi is a full fledged graduate of the Stephen Glass school of journalism.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=377

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
  #361
SoundwaveIsCharisma
Moderator
 
SoundwaveIsCharisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Screw You Blaster
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,483
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yeah about that, it seems liek he didn't.



http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=377
Thanks Ivan, I was going to ask who wrote it. Rossi is a maroon.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
  #362
Hans Landaskog
Registered User
 
Hans Landaskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 4,618
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Yeah about that, it seems like he didn't.



http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=377
ahh, I see. Still won't be in an Avs jersey come next season.

Hans Landaskog is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:29 PM
  #363
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
NHL Rumors ‏@NHLRumorsDaily 5m
Oilers and Leafs are about to make a deal here....

Im actually curious what this deal would be...Gagne?

Edit - also not sure how reliable this guy is

Avs For Life is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
  #364
Teuras
Registered offender
 
Teuras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
NHL Rumors ‏@NHLRumorsDaily 5m
Oilers and Leafs are about to make a deal here....

Im actually curious what this deal would be...Gagne?

Edit - also not sure how reliable this guy is
It starts.. I've missed this so much

Teuras is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:37 PM
  #365
Duchene2MacKinnon
LIVE WITH IT
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
NHL Rumors ‏@NHLRumorsDaily 5m
Oilers and Leafs are about to make a deal here....

Im actually curious what this deal would be...Gagne?

Edit - also not sure how reliable this guy is
Never heard of him so, it's probably BS.

But having said that there was earlier rumors Leafs are shopping Gardnir.

Gardnir for Gagner? If so, the avs should offer up Stastny my favorite player.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
  #366
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29
 
Avs For Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Never heard of him so, it's probably BS.

But having said that there was earlier rumors Leafs are shopping Gardnir.

Gardnir for Gagner? If so, the avs should offer up Stastny my favorite player.
I would agree. Although it sounds like Stastny wont be traded. I think someone posted an article recently with Roy or Sakic saying that...

Avs For Life is online now  
Old
06-27-2013, 01:45 PM
  #367
hockeyfish
Registered User
 
hockeyfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Back in the FoCo
Country: United States
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
NHL Rumors ‏@NHLRumorsDaily 5m
Oilers and Leafs are about to make a deal here....

Im actually curious what this deal would be...Gagne?

Edit - also not sure how reliable this guy is
I'll call BS on the source.

hockeyfish is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:08 PM
  #368
ABasin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bromando View Post
I guess I'm used to the DP comments sections where people actually think we can trade our better pieces and replace them with prospects.
It's a good thing you're used to that. It'll make your transition here much easier. Elite potential abounds.

As for all of the talk about acquiring centers, this isn't the answer, unless it's a penalty-killing 4th line center. Lacav is no more the answer than JM Liles is the answer. The Avs can't waste salary or roster spots on more centers. There's really no point.

ABasin is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:10 PM
  #369
Pistache
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Stastny for Franson

MacKinnon first pick

Pistache is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:11 PM
  #370
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistache View Post
Stastny for Franson

MacKinnon first pick

henchman24 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:21 PM
  #371
BrickAHL
#Shermy is ELEPHANT
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,498
vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistache View Post
Stastny for Franson

MacKinnon first pick
I assume that you are a Maple Leafs fan.

BrickAHL is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:21 PM
  #372
ABasin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Once again, why not? Isn't Franson a reasonable 2nd pairing defenseman?

One of the things that we as a group don't seem to grasp, is that when you trade a player - regardless of the player - and you get a significant salary benefit, that costs you in asset return. In those silly Toronto trade threads, a number of people were drawing comparisons to the Bouwmeester trade. Well, Bouwmeester is a legitimate 1st pairing defenseman who is under 30 years old. And the Blues got him for a late 1st round pick and a couple of mid-range prospects. An awesome return. How?

Well, Calgary got over $6M in cap relief in a down cap year, and StL had to take on that $6M in extra cap in a down cap year. That absolutely lessened the return for Calgary - considerably so. Why is this any different than Stastny right now? Basically, it's the same issue.

So, if the Avs want to trade Stastny and take back $6M in salary, I'm on board with a lot of you guys, in that they could get a young 2nd pairing guy with 1st pairing potential in return (but it would come with some lousy salaried player also). But if they also get a $3-4M salary benefit in that trade? No way on earth will Stastny bring back that same level of 'proper' assets. The salary matters. IMO, he'll bring back a solid, but unspectacular 2nd pairing guy. Isn't Franson that?

A lot of those homers in the Toronto trade forums are pretty silly in their analysis of Stastny's and their own players' capabilities and value. But one thing they do have correct, is that Stastny's salary should, and is going to, lessen the return for Colorado - unless some other salary comes back to Colorado as well. And they're 100% correct.

ABasin is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
  #373
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1
 
Pierce Hawthorne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Caverns of Draconis
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Once again, why not? Isn't Franson a reasonable 2nd pairing defenseman?

One of the things that we as a group don't seem to grasp, is that when you trade a player - regardless of the player - and you get a significant salary benefit, that costs you in asset return. In those silly Toronto trade threads, a number of people were drawing comparisons to the Bouwmeester trade. Well, Bouwmeester is a legitimate 1st pairing defenseman who is under 30 years old. And the Blues got him for a late 1st round pick and a couple of mid-range prospects. An awesome return. How?

Well, Calgary got over $6M in cap relief in a down cap year, and StL had to take on that $6M in extra cap in a down cap year. That absolutely lessened the return for Calgary - considerably so. Why is this any different than Stastny right now? Basically, it's the same issue.

So, if the Avs want to trade Stastny and take back $6M in salary, I'm on board with a lot of you guys, in that they could get a young 2nd pairing guy with 1st pairing potential in return (but it would come with some lousy salaried player also). But if they also get a $3-4M salary benefit in that trade? No way on earth will Stastny bring back that same level of 'proper' assets. The salary matters. IMO, he'll bring back a solid, but unspectacular 2nd pairing guy. Isn't Franson that?

A lot of those homers in the Toronto trade forums are pretty silly in their analysis of Stastny's and their own players' capabilities and value. But one thing they do have correct, is that Stastny's salary should, and is going to, lessen the return for Colorado - unless some other salary comes back to Colorado as well. And they're 100% correct.

Agreed almost 100%.


Franson as the base of a deal would be completely fine by me, and expecting anymore is just unreasonable.

Franson + #51 from the Leafs for Stastny is a fair deal IMO.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:28 PM
  #374
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 8,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Once again, why not? Isn't Franson a reasonable 2nd pairing defenseman?

One of the things that we as a group don't seem to grasp, is that when you trade a player - regardless of the player - and you get a significant salary benefit, that costs you in asset return. In those silly Toronto trade threads, a number of people were drawing comparisons to the Bouwmeester trade. Well, Bouwmeester is a legitimate 1st pairing defenseman who is under 30 years old. And the Blues got him for a late 1st round pick and a couple of mid-range prospects. An awesome return. How?

Well, Calgary got over $6M in cap relief in a down cap year, and StL had to take on that $6M in extra cap in a down cap year. That absolutely lessened the return for Calgary - considerably so. Why is this any different than Stastny right now? Basically, it's the same issue.

So, if the Avs want to trade Stastny and take back $6.6M in salary, I'm on board with a lot of you guys, in that they could get a young 2nd pairing guy with 1st pairing potential in return (but it would come with some lousy salaried player also). But if they also get a $3-4M salary benefit in that trade? No way on earth will Stastny bring back that same level of 'proper' assets. The salary matters. IMO, he'll bring back a solid, but unspectacular 2nd pairing guy. Isn't Franson that?

A lot of those homers in the Toronto trade forums are pretty silly in their analysis of Stastny's and their own players' capabilities and value. But one thing they do have correct, is that Stastny's salary should, and is going to, lessen the return for Colorado - unless some other salary comes back to Colorado as well. And they're 100% correct.
Your second question answers that... he is a 3rd pairing offensive defensmen. He can play first PP unit and put up offensive numbers, but he is terrible elsewhere.

There is a thread between Stars and Avs fans that agreed to Trevor Daley - Stastny swap. That is a pretty fair deal (maybe slightly favoring Dallas).

Daley >>>> Franson

henchman24 is offline  
Old
06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
  #375
ABasin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Your second question answers that... he is a 3rd pairing offensive defensmen. He can play first PP unit and put up offensive numbers, but he is terrible elsewhere.

There is a thread between Stars and Avs fans that agreed to Trevor Daley - Stastny swap. That is a pretty fair deal (maybe slightly favoring Dallas).

Daley >>>> Franson
Oh, OK. In that case, I see your point. If you believe that Franson is a Shane O'Brien 3rd pairing guy, then I understand that position. I think he's a reasonable 2nd pairing guy myself, therefore my lack of indignation at said suggestions.

I was similarly OK with the Daley suggestion.

ABasin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.