HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rask's contract

Old
06-26-2013, 08:31 AM
alpine4life

vCash: 500
5.50M-6.25M on a 5-7 yrs term....

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:40 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

The only thing working against Rask is that the Cap went down this year. Not his fault, but he can probably take a little less to stay in Boston and win, or take a little more to go elsewhere. How does that usually work out for anyone??

I think they settle around 5.5 or 5.75 per year on a long contract, 6 years?

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:03 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I don't know if you remember last year when both Horton and Peverley were both hurt and Jordan Caron came in and looked just as good as Horton for the few games he filled in on the Krejci line. Of course they also have Soderberg, Spooner, and Knight. They are going to have to find a place for these kids or move them to another team sooner or later.

Re-signing Horton would be great but they have a few prospects that look like they will at least ease the pain of letting their first line RW go.
After this season, I'm not optimistic about Caron's future with this team.

He was ineffective and injured early in the season, so he didn't break camp with the team, but even after that he was never able to establish himself enough at the AHL level to warrant a spot on what was a miserable third line.

The Bruins opted to go with a cast-off from Ottawa in Daugavins in the post-season as opposed to a former first round pick in Caron. I don't think the organization has a high view of him right now.

I still think he can be a 4th or maybe 3rd line player in the NHL, but I don't think he has shown the top 6 upside at any level.

I think Spooner will have a spot for next year, but I also think that guys like Knight, Koko, Camara, are going to need a full season at the AHL level before being called up. That's what the Bruins did with Spooner this year, and I think it will pay dividends. Knight's injuries prevented him from getting the seasoning that he really needed this year. I think he starts in the AHL. The other two guys are too green at this point, and definitely need some time in the minors.

I don't think any of those guys are ready to replace what Horton brought to the table. If they do let Horton walk, I'm not sure there is going to be a an in-house answer, and if they don't sign Horton, they won't have the money to sign any of the other top FA wingers. I think Chia is going to have to get creative either in the trade market and bring someone in, or find ways to clear some cap space. It's going to be interesting to see what his plan is.

11MilesPerJohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:04 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
The only thing working against Rask is that the Cap went down this year. Not his fault, but he can probably take a little less to stay in Boston and win, or take a little more to go elsewhere. How does that usually work out for anyone??

I think they settle around 5.5 or 5.75 per year on a long contract, 6 years?
Wishful thinking. He will get 6M+ per year. More likely around 6.5M for 4/5year.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 09:12 AM
DJOpus

Anything $8M or below is money well spent.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Wishful thinking. He will get 6M+ per year. More likely around 6.5M for 4/5year.
Quick makes 5.8, Price makes 6.5 (but it's been pointed out by several of our canadian posters that taxes in Canada make that closer to 5.5ish in Boston). I think 5.75 to stay with Boston for several years with their defensive system, and have a shot at the Cup every season has to be a very attractive option.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:31 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

6 years , 36 million

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote