HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles playing in Colorado?

Old
06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

vCash: 500
Isles playing in Colorado?

Does anyone remember the last time Isles played the Av's, in Colorado?

Are we due for a trip out there?

This coming season, perhaps?

Reason I ask is that I have traditionally been taking trips to see the Isles play in cities around the NHL--- go for a couple of days, see the sights, see a nice new arena, and watch the Isles play. Always a good time.

The past couple of years, all has been put on ice (no pun intended) as the expense of daycare has blasted me into fiscal reality. $1200/month is not to be taken lightly.

In any case,, daycare will be gone Mid-July and this coming winter, I'm primed for a trip. Was thinking about doing a trip to Denver, as its one of the cities on my list. As an added bonus, my wife's SUPER HOT friend is out there, and I would be able to see her . So I got THAT going for me too. Her pic attached. Careful not to burn yourself.

The schedule usually doesn't come out till mid August, if I remember correctly --- anyone remember when we last played there?

Last edited by Bones45: 09-03-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Bones45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:29 PM
StumpNYI

You're in luck. Starting next season every team plays each other at least once in their own building.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:31 PM
IslesRock4
Ever Forward

They played there in November of 2011. Tavares scored in OT.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 02:39 PM
IceAce
Strait Trippin'

vCash: 13477
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Although the year before, they also played in CO and Rob Fricking Schremp did this

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Damn, she's hot.

But yeah, they I believe they played in CO last year when they blew a 3 goal lead in the 3rd.

I do know they'll be playing there next season too, so you're in luck.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:20 PM
Islesin93*

the new schedules I am pretty sure every team plays in every arena in the league at least once

and I wonder how your wife thinks about you looking forward to seeing her friend, not to mention her friend who you post her photo for the world to see

Islesin93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 03:22 PM
LAIslanderFan

My wife and I do the same thing for both baseball stadiums and hockey arenas.
I would recommend Phoenix for a road trip. The weather couldn't be better during the winter time.
If you have a little extra time, Anahiem/Los Angeles is a 5 hour trip by car and about an hour by plane.

Just curious, is your wife ok with you seeing her "SUPER HOT friend". I found that remark kind of strange.

If you're not aware of it, Colorado has legalized marijuana (not that I have any interest in that, but I thought I'd let you know).

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:01 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post
I would recommend Phoenix for a road trip. The weather couldn't be better during the winter time.
If you have a little extra time, Anahiem/Los Angeles is a 5 hour trip by car and about an hour by plane.

Just curious, is your wife ok with you seeing her "SUPER HOT friend". I found that remark kind of strange.

If you're not aware of it, Colorado has legalized marijuana (not that I have any interest in that, but I thought I'd let you know).
Been to that arena a couple times back when Bryz graced those pipes, very beautiful complex. Would have imagine that's what the Lighthouse Project would have looked a lot like.

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:25 PM
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Actually I believe the isles blew a 3-0 lead and lost in OT

Edit: yup...islanders @ Avs November 10, 2011 4-3 OTL. It's on YouTube

islesfan186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:43 AM
Bones45
Prince is a Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIslanderFan View Post

My wife knows that I'm crushing on her -- and she finds it amusing -- I guess I'm lucky like that!!

And honestly.. Phoenix is not up for debate on this type of trip. Neither is LA/Anaheim/ FLA /Tampa -- etc.

It started when I went to the Heritage Hockey Classic in Edmonton -- and was originally going to be only Canadian teams.. then I opened it up to other cities. .

Been to Raleigh, Philly, Toronto (2x), Chicago and Edmonton. Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, Montreal and Vancouver are all on the list.

And yes, I'm familiar with the new found love for Colorado!

Bones45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:52 PM
LAIslanderFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones45 View Post
My wife knows that I'm crushing on her -- and she finds it amusing -- I guess I'm lucky like that!!

And honestly.. Phoenix is not up for debate on this type of trip. Neither is LA/Anaheim/ FLA /Tampa -- etc.

It started when I went to the Heritage Hockey Classic in Edmonton -- and was originally going to be only Canadian teams.. then I opened it up to other cities. .

Been to Raleigh, Philly, Toronto (2x), Chicago and Edmonton. Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, Montreal and Vancouver are all on the list.

And yes, I'm familiar with the new found love for Colorado!
Thus far I've been to Philly, Boston, NVMC, MSG before the remodel, Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa, LA, Anaheim and San Jose. Of those arenas, I thought Tampa was the coolest (amazing scoreboard), Phoenix was a close 2nd as far as overall aesthetics, but for the best sightlines for watching a hockey game, the NVMC is number 1 in my book. Many of the new arenas have so many levels of luxury suites, that the top tiers in those arenas are closer to heaven then they are to the ice.

I for one, will miss the Coliseum. From a purest point of view, it will always be my favorite place to watch a hockey game.

LAIslanderFan is offline   Reply With Quote