HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
  #351
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,264
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
and im sure he'll just just waive his ntc
His ntc is modified. He can submit a list of 16 teams he will not go to.

I cant see this happening myself.

charlie is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 08:43 AM
  #352
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Markov traded this offseason.
Anyone not named Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller

should all be in play this weekend.

417 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 08:43 AM
  #353
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Anyway this year, it was a culture changed. Now, it's time to change our core. I'm all for it.

Marc-E- is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 08:45 AM
  #354
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Anyone not named Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller

should all be in play this weekend.
You could add Prust to the list.

Marc-E- is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:07 AM
  #355
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Anyone not named Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller

should all be in play this weekend.
Galchenyuk is the only untouchable on my list. I'm not interested in moving the others just for the sake of moving them but if it makes sense to trade them, I'm open to it.

The graveyards are full of irreplaceable men, yet we manage to carry on.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:10 AM
  #356
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,305
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Anyone not named Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller

should all be in play this weekend.
Agree completely. MB only just got his hands in the dough last season, tough to do too much in your first year. Time for him to shape the team to look how he wants it to look.

Tuggy is online now  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:13 AM
  #357
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Anyone not named Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller

should all be in play this weekend.
Everyone on the team should be in play. Obviously some more than others.

You also don't make trades for the sake of making trades. You don't trade Plekanec just because he's 5'11" and is Czech, you trade Plekanec because some team is desperate for him.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:14 AM
  #358
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,908
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
His ntc is modified. He can submit a list of 16 teams he will not go to.

I cant see this happening myself.
ah, thanks.

i also can't see it. maybe, giant BIG maybe traded at deadline. honestly, i see the guy retiring a hab

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:15 AM
  #359
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Galchenyuk is the only untouchable on my list. I'm not interested in moving the others just for the sake of moving them but if it makes sense to trade them, I'm open to it.

The graveyards are full of irreplaceable men, yet we manage to carry on.
well no one is untouchable...I just mean, it would take a massive and unrealistic overpayment for a team to pry the players I mentioned away from the Habs.

Especially Subban & Galchenyuk

For years this team has searched for true cornerstones and staples of an organization. I think they have that in both Subban & Galchenyuk

417 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:19 AM
  #360
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Everyone on the team should be in play. Obviously some more than others.

You also don't make trades for the sake of making trades. You don't trade Plekanec just because he's 5'11" and is Czech, you trade Plekanec because some team is desperate for him.
Obviously...I didn't think I needed to spell out the obvious lol

I just think the players that I mentioned are the core of this team, under this new administration.

While I agree everyone on the team should be in play, in reality, that's certainly not the case.

And unlike most here, I do think that MB is going to use Plekanec as trade bait...we'll see if some team is willing to bite and pay the premium required to pull him away from Habs, certainly, lesser players in recent years have been moved for very good returns.

417 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
  #361
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Well if they sign Vinny I fully expect Plekanec to be trade bait, even though I think it's a bad idea without a very good return. I absolutely hate the idea of Eller being the best defensive C on this team without any competition.

But I also don't think we are getting Bobby Ryan or Chris Stewart for Plekanec, which seems to be the common fantasy.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
  #362
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well if they sign Vinny I fully expect Plekanec to be trade bait, even though I think it's a bad idea without a very good return. I absolutely hate the idea of Eller being the best defensive C on this team without any competition.

But I also don't think we are getting Bobby Ryan or Chris Stewart for Plekanec, which seems to be the common fantasy.
The rumour is Ryan for Cobourn of the Flyers. So I don't see how they'd do it for Plekanec.

We'd have to have a blueliner to trade. Subban isn't an option, Markov is too old... It would have to be Gorges + something like Gionta and a pick and that still probably wouldn't work. We'd have to deal something of real value to get him. Max and Gorges for example... and then we'd want something to come with Ryan.

I'd go after Ryan and see what they want, but he won't come cheap. And we're so thin on the blueline now...

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
  #363
Lozela
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
To Islanders
David Desharnais
Raphael Diaz

To Montreal
Nino Neiderreiter
3rd round pick

To Washington
Travis Moen
4th round pick

To Montreal
Joel Ward

sign

Vincent Lecavalier
16 millions/4 years = 4 millions

Ryan O'Byrn
6,6 millions/3 years = 2.2 millions

Anthony Steward
625 000/1 year - 2way

Jean François Jacques
550 000/1 year - 2way

Pacioretty - Lecavalier - Gallagher

Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque

Neiderreiter - Plekanec - Gionta

Prust - Bournival - Joel Ward

Stewart - Jacques

Tinordi - Subban

Markov - Emelin

Gorges - O'Byrne

Drewski - Boullion

Price
Budaj

I would add size without changing the make up of the team too much. With Stewart & Jacques signed to 2 way deals, we would have a lot of flexibility in bringing AHL guys that are performing well like Dumont, Leblanc, Pateryn and even Blunden and a guy like Plekanec could be our shut down guy along with Prust & Ward when we need it.

Lozela is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
  #364
Lozela
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Markov traded this offseason.
It really wouldn't be a smart move. We really have to keep his minutes down a bit to keep him fresh

Lozela is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
  #365
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The rumour is Ryan for Cobourn of the Flyers. So I don't see how they'd do it for Plekanec.

We'd have to have a blueliner to trade. Subban isn't an option, Markov is too old... It would have to be Gorges + something like Gionta and a pick and that still probably wouldn't work. We'd have to deal something of real value to get him. Max and Gorges for example... and then we'd want something to come with Ryan.

I'd go after Ryan and see what they want, but he won't come cheap. And we're so thin on the blueline now...
I'm probably am one of the biggest Gorges "haters" on this board and I'd still be very hesitant about that. For whatever upgrade Ryan would be over Pacioretty, I'm not sure it's enough to compensate for losing our most steady stay at home defender, even if he is average. This D is too unbalanced as it is.

Plekanec in general I think is difficult to trade for a worthwhile return because he's a jack of all trades without being elite. While he'd fit on most teams, he's not the type of player you go out of the way to look for.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:37 AM
  #366
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Everyone on the team should be in play. Obviously some more than others.

You also don't make trades for the sake of making trades. You don't trade Plekanec just because he's 5'11" and is Czech, you trade Plekanec because some team is desperate for him.
I'm fine to trade Pleks but it has to make sense. If it was a rebuild, absolutely you trade him. If we're trying to get better now, then it's not so easy.

Any deal for Pleks would have to be for a player who is younger and not as good right now but with the potential to be as good or better. Essentially a good prospect. Even then though, I don't think it makes sense to do right now.

Subban, Price, Max... these guys are coming into their prime now. Like it or not we're at the point where we have to start thinking about winning now. As I've said a few times, I wish we rebuilt more than we did but now it is what it is. This will be the last draft that we should really hang onto picks and develop from. Assuming our records are good going forward we should start looking at dealing picks for vets. We'll have to do this if we want to win now.

I'll be curious to see how MB works this. He's in that 'in between stage' where we might be a contender with a few extra pieces but maybe not. We have to hope that Galchenyuk and Tinordi and Beaulieu develop quickly and we get good years from our vets. We HAVE to add a crease clearing defenseman. If we do this it'll help out Price big time. Subban I'm not worried about but we have to hope he doesn't slide back.

Everything went right for us for most of the year last season. We have to hope that it happens again.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:39 AM
  #367
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm probably am one of the biggest Gorges "haters" on this board and I'd still be very hesitant about that. For whatever upgrade Ryan would be over Pacioretty, I'm not sure it's enough to compensate for losing our most steady stay at home defender, even if he is average. This D is too unbalanced as it is.

Plekanec in general I think is difficult to trade for a worthwhile return because he's a jack of all trades without being elite. While he'd fit on most teams, he's not the type of player you go out of the way to look for.
We can't afford to lose Gorges right now. We have to pray that he returns to form because he didn't look right at all last season.

If we did trade him we'd better have TWO blueliners out there that we're looking at because I want us to add a big blueliner as it is.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
  #368
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm fine to trade Pleks but it has to make sense. If it was a rebuild, absolutely you trade him. If we're trying to get better now, then it's not so easy.

Any deal for Pleks would have to be for a player who is younger and not as good right now but with the potential to be as good or better. Essentially a good prospect. Even then though, I don't think it makes sense to do right now.

Subban, Price, Max... these guys are coming into their prime now. Like it or not we're at the point where we have to start thinking about winning now. As I've said a few times, I wish we rebuilt more than we did but now it is what it is. This will be the last draft that we should really hang onto picks and develop from. Assuming our records are good going forward we should start looking at dealing picks for vets. We'll have to do this if we want to win now.

I'll be curious to see how MB works this. He's in that 'in between stage' where we might be a contender with a few extra pieces but maybe not. We have to hope that Galchenyuk and Tinordi and Beaulieu develop quickly and we get good years from our vets. We HAVE to add a crease clearing defenseman. If we do this it'll help out Price big time. Subban I'm not worried about but we have to hope he doesn't slide back.

Everything went right for us for most of the year last season. We have to hope that it happens again.
As I said a few days ago...Habs in a tough spot because they clearly aren't good enough to be a contender right now. But the few players who they have that are valuable on the trade market, they can't really afford to trade (short of an too-good-to-be-true type of trade).

I've floated the idea of moving Plekanec this summer, but really, I don't even think he's that desirable to other teams.

417 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  #369
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm fine to trade Pleks but it has to make sense. If it was a rebuild, absolutely you trade him. If we're trying to get better now, then it's not so easy.

Any deal for Pleks would have to be for a player who is younger and not as good right now but with the potential to be as good or better. Essentially a good prospect. Even then though, I don't think it makes sense to do right now.

Subban, Price, Max... these guys are coming into their prime now. Like it or not we're at the point where we have to start thinking about winning now. As I've said a few times, I wish we rebuilt more than we did but now it is what it is. This will be the last draft that we should really hang onto picks and develop from. Assuming our records are good going forward we should start looking at dealing picks for vets. We'll have to do this if we want to win now.

I'll be curious to see how MB works this. He's in that 'in between stage' where we might be a contender with a few extra pieces but maybe not. We have to hope that Galchenyuk and Tinordi and Beaulieu develop quickly and we get good years from our vets. We HAVE to add a crease clearing defenseman. If we do this it'll help out Price big time. Subban I'm not worried about but we have to hope he doesn't slide back.

Everything went right for us for most of the year last season. We have to hope that it happens again.
Agree with all of this.

I don't think we are as good as our record last year but I think we are on the right path. I don't want them to blow it up because of a bad, injury prone playoffs. If the wheels fall off next season though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I've floated the idea of moving Plekanec this summer, but really, I don't even think he's that desirable to other teams.
The funny thing is if the Hawks didn't win the cup I could have seen them interested, since I still think Plekanec is better than Bolland (as probably everyone who isn't Couris does), but Bolland had an excellent playoffs.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:11 AM
  #370
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Well if they sign Vinny I fully expect Plekanec to be trade bait, even though I think it's a bad idea without a very good return. I absolutely hate the idea of Eller being the best defensive C on this team without any competition.

But I also don't think we are getting Bobby Ryan or Chris Stewart for Plekanec, which seems to be the common fantasy.
Getting Vinny and trading Pleks makes no sense unless it's for a good winger or top 4 D who can play now.

Pleks is very underrated here. He's the perfect 2nd line center. You put Galchenyuk on the wing for another season, then see if Lars can take over as 2nd C and then trade Pleks. I just like the center depth with Lecavalier, Eller, Pleks and Galchenyuk.....hell, even DD...but I'd trade him if Lecavalier came. Problem is we have many 2nd and 3rd line centermen...no 1st line guys.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
  #371
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Getting Vinny and trading Pleks makes no sense unless it's for a good winger or top 4 D who can play now.

Pleks is very underrated here. He's the perfect 2nd line center. You put Galchenyuk on the wing for another season, then see if Lars can take over as 2nd C and then trade Pleks. I just like the center depth with Lecavalier, Eller, Pleks and Galchenyuk.....hell, even DD...but I'd trade him if Lecavalier came. Problem is we have many 2nd and 3rd line centermen...no 1st line guys.
Question - how exactly are we going to see if Lars Eller can take over as 2nd C, if he continues to see very minimal PP & PK time?

If the status quo remains, we'll have the same doubts/questions of whether or not Eller can take over Pleks role next summer, as we have this summer.

417 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:18 AM
  #372
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

The funny thing is if the Hawks didn't win the cup I could have seen them interested, since I still think Plekanec is better than Bolland (as probably everyone who isn't Couris does), but Bolland had an excellent playoffs.
If Bolland doesn't fit their salary structure...not sure how Plekanec could

417 is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:27 AM
  #373
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Getting Vinny and trading Pleks makes no sense unless it's for a good winger or top 4 D who can play now.

Pleks is very underrated here. He's the perfect 2nd line center. You put Galchenyuk on the wing for another season, then see if Lars can take over as 2nd C and then trade Pleks. I just like the center depth with Lecavalier, Eller, Pleks and Galchenyuk.....hell, even DD...but I'd trade him if Lecavalier came. Problem is we have many 2nd and 3rd line centermen...no 1st line guys.
I agree, the problem is Plekanec is still the best "2C" we have...Galchenyuk and Vinny might be better offensively but Plekanec is still the best two-way forward on this team and the only one who is remotely close is Eller...and I really don't like the idea of giving Eller the team's main defensive load when he's starting to break out offensively.

Lecavalier would actually thrive in DD's role right now. Let Galchenyuk play with Eller another year or so, either convert Desharnais to the wing (he can be the new St. Louis for Vinny ) or test him on the market. But I have a bad feeling the only way Vinny becomes affordable is if they ship Plekanec.

Moving Gionta would make more sense of course, but that's another story.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Question - how exactly are we going to see if Lars Eller can take over as 2nd C, if he continues to see very minimal PP & PK time?

If the status quo remains, we'll have the same doubts/questions of whether or not Eller can take over Pleks role next summer, as we have this summer.
Eller isn't getting any PP time behind Vinny and Desharnais either. If anything his role would be more exclusively defensive because he'd be taking over many of Plekanec's defensive draws. He will get more ice time - but all of it will be defensive.


Last edited by Et le But: 06-28-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Et le But is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
  #374
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The rumour is Ryan for Cobourn of the Flyers. So I don't see how they'd do it for Plekanec.

We'd have to have a blueliner to trade. Subban isn't an option, Markov is too old... It would have to be Gorges + something like Gionta and a pick and that still probably wouldn't work. We'd have to deal something of real value to get him. Max and Gorges for example... and then we'd want something to come with Ryan.

I'd go after Ryan and see what they want, but he won't come cheap. And we're so thin on the blueline now...
I think Anaheim wants a 1st plus a 2nd pair d-man so it would be Coburn plus 1st(maybe 2014? since Phillie is picking early)

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
  #375
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I think Anaheim wants a 1st plus a 2nd pair d-man so it would be Coburn plus 1st(maybe 2014? since Phillie is picking early)
Rumour on the main board is the Ducks want the 11th ov + Coburn.

Analyzer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.