HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2013, 01:43 PM
  #676
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m
The crazy chatter continues... Oilers very active, Jackets, Sharks too. Habs and Jets have bene chatting.

Perhaps Byfuglien, give the Bergevin connection? Lots of talk he's available.
We need to get biger , not obese



But seriously Buff would be OK i guess but Kane would be much better and exactly what the doctor ordered. He look like a bit of an headcase but something you have to take a chance on those guys , especially if it fill a need.

No overpayment though

Bronn is online now  
Old
06-30-2013, 01:47 PM
  #677
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post
We need to get biger , not obese



But seriously Buff would be OK i guess but Kane would be much better and exactly what the doctor ordered. He look like a bit of an headcase but something you have to take a chance on those guys , especially if it fill a need.

No overpayment though
Buf would be an amazing addition. He's versatile, can play up front or on D, is productive and has proven to be a PO beast. The guy made Pronger look like a featherweight. I would love to see battles between him and Chara or Lucic.
A bonus is that he's a righty.

Would love him here.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 01:50 PM
  #678
Kwikwi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 46
vCash: 500
Kane is their Paccioretty, what would you teade max for will be the price they would want for Evanser.. Though he's a little troublemaker, and his name has been mention for a while.

Kwikwi is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 01:52 PM
  #679
Trembs
GHG
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
Kane is their Paccioretty, what would you teade max for will be the price they would want for Evanser.. Though he's a little troublemaker, and his name has been mention for a while.
woah, that was tough to read...

I would still trade Max for Evander

Trembs is online now  
Old
06-30-2013, 01:52 PM
  #680
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 11,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Buf would be an amazing addition. He's versatile, can play up front or on D, is productive and has proven to be a PO beast. The guy made Pronger look like a featherweight. I would love to see battles between him and Chara or Lucic.
A bonus is that he's a righty.

Would love him here.
For sure bro. I sure wouldn't complain if we got him. We add monstrous size and Therrien could play him either as a forward or D depending of the situation.

I still would prfer Kane though but the positive is that Buff would probably be less expensive i guess.

Bronn is online now  
Old
06-30-2013, 02:15 PM
  #681
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
I'd be ecstatic if we got Kane. Maybe he needs to straighten out a little but he has a load of potential. Sadly that would never happen, I highly doubt Winnipeg deals him. Byfuglien would be a great add as well.

Galchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 02:22 PM
  #682
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 500
It'd be nice if he could do at least 15 minutes of cardio per day. That way, he could maybe lose... what? 35 pounds? lol

Stripper is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 02:28 PM
  #683
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,315
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Kane for Plekanec + 1st?
I would personally do this, I'm not so sure many others here would though. If we trade for Kane and get Lecavalier to replace Plekanec at center I'd need a new pair of underwear.

Galchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 03:16 PM
  #684
vokiel
Nothing blind
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
To be fair, everyone WANTS to make more than they're worth, and every big name UFA WILL be overpaid..
Of course, but there's a limit here. I believe Horton is way too over that limit and that's the problem not really the amount itself.

vokiel is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 06:05 PM
  #685
hiphopyoassonhockey
Registered User
 
hiphopyoassonhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 42
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Of course, but there's a limit here. I believe Horton is way too over that limit and that's the problem not really the amount itself.
Although Horton fills the Habs needs of a big and strong winger that is productive in the playoffs

hiphopyoassonhockey is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 06:43 PM
  #686
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,490
vCash: 500
Toronto GM is impressing me. He seems more of a shaker than Bergevin.

Kimota is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:26 PM
  #687
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Toronto GM is impressing me. He seems more of a shaker than Bergevin.
C'mon give him a chance, after July 5th we can start truly deciphering his off-season.
Draft day is just that.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:27 PM
  #688
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,882
vCash: 500
Disappointing we didn't pay to get Frolik who is excellent on the PK.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:31 PM
  #689
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Disappointing we didn't pay to get Frolik who is excellent on the PK.
He would have been great for us during the shootouts. He can't be worse than Gio...

Price My Man Crush is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:37 PM
  #690
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Disappointing we didn't pay to get Frolik who is excellent on the PK.
Apparently we are happy with the team that got embarrassed in the playoffs.

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:39 PM
  #691
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Apparently we are happy with the team that got embarrassed in the playoffs.
Sorry but i just have to....Why the **** do you have to post everything so friggin negative here at HF ?

ITS DRAFT DAY>>>Timmons day, Bergevin's day is comming realax cheeeez.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:44 PM
  #692
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakaar10iemechx2012 View Post
Sorry but i just have to....Why the **** do you have to post everything so friggin negative here at HF ?

ITS DRAFT DAY>>>Timmons day, Bergevin's day is comming realax cheeeez.
Team isn't good. Sorry

gusfring is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:09 PM
  #693
dreamingofdrouin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
bickell just got 4 million per year from chicago...

dreamingofdrouin* is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:16 PM
  #694
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
bickell just got 4 million per year from chicago...
You are going to have to change both your avatar and username

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 12:02 AM
  #695
digmor crusher
Registered User
 
digmor crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripper View Post
It'd be nice if he could do at least 15 minutes of cardio per day. That way, he could maybe lose... what? 35 pounds? lol
Article in Winnipeg paper a few weeks ago, one of the Jets trainers said Buff was up to 302 lbs at one point last year, so no, not 35 lbs, more like 60.

There is a good Buff and a bad Buff.

Good Buff dominates games, bad Buff takes too long of shifts and runs out of gas to do anything, or rushes into the offensive zone at the wrong time.

If he commits to some type of fitness regime then sure, he's worth a shot.

That is all.

digmor crusher is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 12:58 AM
  #696
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,862
vCash: 500
One of my buddies said that the Habs are highly interested in Mike Rupp, is that true?? Where did he get that info?

Maxpac is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 01:00 AM
  #697
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
One of my buddies said that the Habs are highly interested in Mike Rupp, is that true?? Where did he get that info?
Your friend is a liar. Minnesota just moved out Clutterbuck to keep Rupp.

Ezpz is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 03:35 AM
  #698
Yozzy
Registered User
 
Yozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk27 View Post
I would personally do this, I'm not so sure many others here would though. If we trade for Kane and get Lecavalier to replace Plekanec at center I'd need a new pair of underwear.
I would definitely do Pleks and a 1st, but,

Why would we need Lecavalier?

Kane, Eller, Galchenyuk, DD (for the time being).

I think we'd be okay without him.

Yozzy is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 04:03 AM
  #699
MDN
Registered User
 
MDN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 664
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozzy View Post
I would definitely do Pleks and a 1st, but,

Why would we need Lecavalier?

Kane, Eller, Galchenyuk, DD (for the time being).

I think we'd be okay without him.
Vinny would be a better mentor for our young centers than DD

MDN is offline  
Old
07-01-2013, 10:07 AM
  #700
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 25,629
vCash: 500
Coburn.... let's trade for Coburn.... he's available.

Of course it will cost us an arm and a leg but what did we need them for anyway?

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.