HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did the official logo of the Flames change?

Old
06-27-2013, 12:43 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Did the official logo of the Flames change?

This is stupid, but I noticed that one of the latest NHL.com articles represented Calgary with a black C--I had to look back at previous articles, and it looks like this is a very new occurrence. Not that this is headline stuff, but was there news of this? Was this an actual conscious decision to change it form the red to the black?

Obviously we've seen that C before--it's nothing new but it's never been 'the' logo to represent the flames. It really makes you wonder, given the proximity to the draft that maybe they're going to unveil a new jersey at the draft <--speculation on my part.

I've included a picture of the latest NHL.com article that references the Flames, and a mock draft from earlier in the day.

Craig Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:49 AM
DBU
#FREEBAERTSCHI™

vCash: 50
The black one is older. The red is current.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
The black one is older. The red is current.
Are you sure? I wondered about that, but on the same NHL.com, redraft article, they represent each club with their modern day logo--notice Dallas.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Old
06-27-2013, 01:12 AM
Stewie Griffin
Stewie Hockey™

I've never seen the black logo before. At least not in an official capacity.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:44 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

The flames technically have 3 logos.

They have the official logo which is Red/Yellow/Black on our road jerseys.
They have an alternate/secondary logo which is Black/White/Yellow and appears on our home jerseys.
They have an alternate/secondary logo which is White/Yellow on our 3rd Jerseys.

If they ever brought back the whites from the 80s we would have a 4th logo that is just Red/White.

The only change to the official logo since the team moved to Calgary is the addition of the black border.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:45 AM
Craig Fischer
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
The flames technically have 3 logos.

They have the official logo which is Red/Yellow/Black on our road jerseys.
They have an alternate/secondary logo which is Black/White/Yellow and appears on our home jerseys.
They have an alternate/secondary logo which is White/Yellow on our 3rd Jerseys.

If they ever brought back the whites from the 80s we would have a 4th logo that is just Red/White.

The only change to the official logo since the team moved to Calgary is the addition of the black border.
I see. I guess I'm just curious why NHL.com would choose to use this logo, especially as you said the red/yellow/black is the Flames official logo that is used for every other article on that site--and if you notice, every other official logo was used in that list. Again, it's stupid, and of no real importance, I just thought I'd figure out what was going on.

And just a small little add, when you view info on the logos from that list, the Stars logo (the other new logo/jersey team) and the Flames logo are both svg xml images--every other one is a png.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
I see. I guess I'm just curious why NHL.com would choose to use this logo, especially as you said the red/yellow/black is the Flames official logo that is used for every other article on that site--and if you notice, every other official logo was used in that list. Again, it's stupid, and of no real importance, I just thought I'd figure out what was going on.

And just a small little add, when you view info on the logos from that list, the Stars logo (the other new logo/jersey team) and the Flames logo are both svg xml images--every other one is a png.
if you spend too much time trying to figure out why nhl.com does what it does you will go insane, there is no method to their madness

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote