HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trades, Buyouts, and the Entry Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2013, 12:11 PM
  #176
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooeyII View Post
Why are we not hearing that Holland is active? If the Stanley cup runner ups are active, how can the Wings not be?
Have you not been following anything? We have articles stating he is active and has had talks. We also have hints that he probably is active given all of the rumors that have been popping up everywhere.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:23 PM
  #177
WingsOverAvs
Non Right Winger
 
WingsOverAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orlando FL
Country: United States
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Because he doesn't want to take chances, always playing it safe...there's no risk in his mentality, therefore there are never high rewards either, just mediocrity - as we've all witnessed for 4 years now.
Mediocrity......22 years of it.....and an OT goal away from the Western Conference Finals in a year where many werent sure if DET would even make the playoffs
Tell me, how many teams lose 3 of their top 4 defensemen in a short span (2 of whom are 1st ballot HoFers) and still keep on rolling?

WingsOverAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:27 PM
  #178
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOverAvs View Post
Mediocrity......22 years of it.....and an OT goal away from the Western Conference Finals in a year where many werent sure if DET would even make the playoffs
Tell me, how many teams lose 3 of their top 4 defensemen in a short span (2 of whom are 1st ballot HoFers) and still keep on rolling?

I don't know, WingsOverAvs. Outside of the Ducks maybe, I would wager not many.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:02 PM
  #179
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
Have you not been following anything? We have articles stating he is active and has had talks. We also have hints that he probably is active given all of the rumors that have been popping up everywhere.
Thus far, there has not been ONE TWEET, not one mention of the Wings being involved in anything. And I'm not talking about Eklund types of websites, fro guys like Lebrun, Mackenzie or someone like that. A few comments to local beat writers that worship the ground he walks on are all that we have to go on.

bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:08 PM
  #180
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
I don't know, WingsOverAvs. Outside of the Ducks maybe, I would wager not many.
At the very least, stop signing re-treads like Samuelsson and go wit the kids if that is your definition of rebuilding on the fly, then make assessments as to what you have and what you need and adjust accordingly. The GM genius essentially has to un-do all the moves he made last summer, and contrary to his original plans the Wings had to play the prospects and ended up succeeding in spite of Holland's plans. I would think that if they had no signed Dekeyser and had played the prospects like Nyquit and Tatar, we'd have never made the playoffs and things this offseason would be looking a bit grimmer.

bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:09 PM
  #181
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooeyII View Post
Thus far, there has not been ONE TWEET, not one mention of the Wings being involved in anything. And I'm not talking about Eklund types of websites, fro guys like Lebrun, Mackenzie or someone like that. A few comments to local beat writers that worship the ground he walks on are all that we have to go on.
He's been quoted in articles from MLIVE and the Freep saying he's looking into trades. Judging by comments from around the league by officials concerning activity among GMs, I would be baffled if Holland isn't being active right now. But the number one rule is that activity doesn't correlate with trades getting done. You can be active and come up empty.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:15 PM
  #182
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Hopefully repetition helps because it seems like people are still uncler:

If Sammy isn't bought out, it will be because he has a doctor who says he's NOT clear and therefore Detroit can't buy him out. It's not some grand conspiracy by Holland to "keep his buddy around".

He is already signed, there's NO DECISION here. Either Sammy will be bought out if he can be, or he won't because he can't be but stop with the painting strawmen.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:18 PM
  #183
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
Hopefully repetition helps because it seems like people are still uncler:

If Sammy isn't bought out, it will be because he has a doctor who says he's NOT clear and therefore Detroit can't buy him out. It's not some grand conspiracy by Holland to "keep his buddy around".

He is already signed, there's NO DECISION here. Either Sammy will be bought out if he can be, or he won't because he can't be but stop with the painting strawmen.
No, it is perfectly clear. What is not is if the Wings have approached him and his agent regarding a buy out, have they? If they have and he's injured than your point is taken, if they have not than your point is not taken. What is also clear is that he should never have signed him in the firstplace. All of his big signings he seems to be looking to reverse them.


Last edited by bababooeyII: 06-29-2013 at 01:24 PM.
bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:21 PM
  #184
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 30,321
vCash: 925
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 42 min
Horton's agent Paul Krepelka: "Nathan has told BOS he wants to explore free agency. It's not a financial issue, just a decision to move on."

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 45 min
Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:25 PM
  #185
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooeyII View Post
No, it is perfectly clear. What is not is if the Wings have approached him and his agent regarding a buy out, have they? If they have and he's injured than your point is taken, if he has not than your point is not taken. What is also clear is that he should never have signed him in the firstplace. All of his big signings he seems to be looking to reverse.
Well, let's see: Every beat writer at the top of the story says "Sammy is a buyout target"; in some stories he's the only one listed. Then a week later, everyone, including management has stopped mentioning his name. You do the math.

Sammy is about to Uwe Krupp us. You can look it up on google.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:28 PM
  #186
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
Well, let's see: Every beat writer at the top of the story says "Sammy is a buyout target"; in some stories he's the only one listed. Then a week later, everyone, including management has stopped mentioning his name. You do the math.

Sammy is about to Uwe Krupp us. You can look it up on google.
So the answer is NO, there is nothing showing that they have approached Samuelsson's camp about a buy out. I have seen just as much, if not more speculation on hem buying out Tootoo, Cola and even Bertuzzi, so again until you can point to an article or quote that says he has been approached about a buyout, or that they have indeed bought him out you are just speculating just like everyone else is. It is assumed that he would be bought out because he's the easiest target, but outside of Holland mentioning the possibility of buy outs, there is nothing to it.

bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:31 PM
  #187
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooeyII View Post
So the answer is NO, there is nothing showing that they have approached Samuelsson's camp about a buy out. I have seen just as much, if not more speculation on hem buying out Tootoo, Cola and even Bertuzzi, so again until you can point to an article or quote that says he has been approached about a buyout, or that they have indeed bought him out you are just speculating just like everyone else is. It is assumed that he would be bought out because he's the easiest target, but outside of Holland mentioning the possibility of buy outs, there is nothing to it.
Umm... I also have trouble trusting Wings' beat writers at times, but they do reveal some of the truth and they don't generally make up stories about players the team is looking to cut.

Have a great day.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:33 PM
  #188
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
Umm... I also have trouble trusting Wings' beat writers at times, but they do reveal some of the truth and they don't generally make up stories about players the team is looking to cut.

Have a great day.
But again, we can guess they know or have inside info, but it's speculation. That is my point, I get that they may not be able to buy him out but until they actually do approach him for that reason I will assume they have not.

And you as well

bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:35 PM
  #189
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooeyII View Post
But again, we can guess they know or have inside info, but it's speculation. That is my point, I get that they may not be able to buy him out but until they actually do approach him for that reason I will assume they have not.

And you as well
And I'll assume you have an agenda to continue to be upset over Sammy. I'm sorry but your scenario is magical christmas land bad.

There is NO REASON for all of these writers to lie. Detroit wants to buy Sammy out. Period. Just move on.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:57 PM
  #190
Cyborg Yzerberg
Sitting on a Cloud
 
Cyborg Yzerberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Nowhere Land
Country: Seychelles
Posts: 8,976
vCash: 50
How do you all feel about Tyler Seguin? He often drew comparisons to Dale Hawerchuk in his draft year, and a young Steve Yzerman. He'd call for a lot though.

Cyborg Yzerberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 01:57 PM
  #191
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
And I'll assume you have an agenda to continue to be upset over Sammy. I'm sorry but your scenario is magical christmas land bad.

There is NO REASON for all of these writers to lie. Detroit wants to buy Sammy out. Period. Just move on.
i believe its the NHL teams doctor who clears or doesnt clear a player not just any random quack that a player recruits

it has to be league approved doctors

if the DRW team doctor clears Sammy or HAS cleared him to play in an NHL game at any point since he was out with an injury prior to the playoffs then he is in fact cleared and deemed healthy and able to be bought out

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:03 PM
  #192
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
i believe its the NHL teams doctor who clears or doesnt clear a player not just any random quack that a player recruits

it has to be league approved doctors

if the DRW team doctor clears Sammy or HAS cleared him to play in an NHL game at any point since he was out with an injury prior to the playoffs then he is in fact cleared and deemed healthy and able to be bought out
There is precedent actually; again, look up Uwe Krupp. The Wings team doctor cleared him to play but at Sammy's age how many old injuries can he suddenly mention?

I mean I want you to be right, but I don't think you are. There is precedent of players getting their own doctors to provide a second opinion. I won't pretend I know what the legals of that are, but it totally has happened so...

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:05 PM
  #193
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
How do you all feel about Tyler Seguin? He often drew comparisons to Dale Hawerchuk in his draft year, and a young Steve Yzerman. He'd call for a lot though.
I'd be afraid. The price is high and Boston's decision to consider cutting bait is curious to me; he's still clearly very talented and not the kind of player you move. Maybe he's looking to go someplace where he can be the man right now? Just spec mind you, I don't know the kid at all.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:15 PM
  #194
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
I'd be afraid. The price is high and Boston's decision to consider cutting bait is curious to me; he's still clearly very talented and not the kind of player you move. Maybe he's looking to go someplace where he can be the man right now? Just spec mind you, I don't know the kid at all.
If they dump Peverly and Kelly, their cap situation is still very precarious. With Jagr gone and Horton leaving for FA, they don't have a lot of options to replace what was lost. Seguin in theory could get that talent lost back. Maybe on the cheap.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:39 PM
  #195
bullocks
Registered User
 
bullocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,772
vCash: 500
Seguin had a down year but is a stud. He's big and fast looked great in the finals even tho he didn't score. Wow do want.

bullocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 02:49 PM
  #196
bababooeyII
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
And I'll assume you have an agenda to continue to be upset over Sammy. I'm sorry but your scenario is magical christmas land bad.

There is NO REASON for all of these writers to lie. Detroit wants to buy Sammy out. Period. Just move on.
What scenario is that? And what agenda? do they buy him out or not, do they approach him for a buy out or not? There has been a lot of speculation but nothing concrete. My agenda is buy the guy out, if they can't for health reasons than so be it but buy him out or approach him to buy him out.

bababooeyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  #197
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 13,059
vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg Yzerman View Post
How do you all feel about Tyler Seguin? He often drew comparisons to Dale Hawerchuk in his draft year, and a young Steve Yzerman. He'd call for a lot though.
It'd be great to pick him up but the price is going to be insane.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:32 PM
  #198
RedWingsNow*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsballChic View Post
Hopefully repetition helps because it seems like people are still uncler:

If Sammy isn't bought out, it will be because he has a doctor who says he's NOT clear and therefore Detroit can't buy him out. It's not some grand conspiracy by Holland to "keep his buddy around".

He is already signed, there's NO DECISION here. Either Sammy will be bought out if he can be, or he won't because he can't be but stop with the painting strawmen.
Quit making **** up.
There is no definitive source that say Sammy will be bought out if healthy.
He MAY be bought out

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:36 PM
  #199
jaster
i'm maybe not drunk
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,814
vCash: 500
Smauelsson being bought out is dependent on what moves the Wings are able to make this weekend. The Wings will try to adjust the roster via trades before they turn to the buyout option. Though even if we make a trade or two, Samuelsson may still very well be bought out.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:37 PM
  #200
SportsballChic
Registered User
 
SportsballChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto
Country: United States
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Smauelsson being bought out is dependent on what moves the Wings are able to make this weekend. The Wings will try to adjust the roster via trades before they turn to the buyout option. Though even if we make a trade or two, Samuelsson may still very well be bought out.
Please. Just get him off the roster so we can stop arguing about the guy. I could care less how they do it, if they can convince some poor fool to give us a can of coke for Sammy, I'd be all for that.

SportsballChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.