HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOverAvs View Post
Dont have to be a Blues fan for basic math

David Perron ($3.813m) / David Backes ($4.500m) / Vladimir Tarasenko ($1.750m)
Alexander Steen ($3.363m) / T.J. Oshie ($4.175m) / Chris Stewart ($4.500m)
Jaden Schwartz ($1.167m) / Derek Roy ($4.000m) / Ryan Reaves ($0.600m)
Dmitrij Jaskin ($0.894m) / Patrik Berglund ($3.250m) / Adam Cracknell ($0.600m)
Chris Porter ($0.675m) / Vladimir Sobotka ($1.300m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.100m)
Keith Aucoin ($0.625m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Alex Pietrangelo ($7.000m)
Barret Jackman ($3.167m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($4.250m)
Jordan Leopold ($2.250m) / Roman Polak ($2.750m)
Taylor Chorney ($0.600m) / Ian Cole ($0.825m)
GOALTENDERS
Brian Elliott ($1.800m)
Jake Allen ($1.250m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,882,500; BONUSES: $1,432,500
CAP SPACE (26-man roster):- $1,150,000

3 players gotta go.....so, STL is left with less than 1m
u also need to drop chorney, aucoin and jaskin...

Old
07-07-2013, 10:38 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Which leaves STL with $786,667.....which is APPROXIMATELY the 750K figure I gave
OK.

You'll have to spell it out, I'm not clear on what point you're making.

Old
07-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Which leaves STL with $786,667.....which is APPROXIMATELY the 750K figure I gave
Depending on what players get; Pietrangelo could still end up with $6.5m, Stewart could end up at $4.25m and Allen could end up at $1m. In which case we have $1.75m+ in cap space.

Either way, I'm not sure what you are getting at. Moving HalŠk for a pick/prospect solves all potential cap issues that we might have, so we are more than capable of matching offersheets and not having to sell off our wingers on the cheap.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
KirkOut
EveryoneOut

Thank you so much for your concern about the Blues cap situation. Let me return the favor. According to capgeek, DRW have 2.3 mil left in cap space. How exactly are they going to take on Stewart (at 4.5m like you had him). Not to mention the fact that Smith and Nyquist remain unsigned. What say you?

Old
07-07-2013, 11:58 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkOut View Post
Thank you so much for your concern about the Blues cap situation. Let me return the favor. According to capgeek, DRW have 2.3 mil left in cap space. How exactly are they going to take on Stewart (at 4.5m like you had him). Not to mention the fact that Smith and Nyquist remain unsigned. What say you?
That's the funny thing is most teams don't have the cap space yet their fans seem to think they can get players because a team isn't going to have the cap space. Philly fans are some of the funniest as they are over the cap and still think they could get Pietrangelo.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:14 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Blues match any offersheets that aren't completely insane. Moving HalŠk for a pick clears all the space we need (we'd have ~$12.5m) to sign Pietrangelo and Stewart.

As for Jšrnkrok, there would need to be a pretty healthy plus for us to move Perron or Stewart.
How big of a plus are we talking about.

Quote:
Alfie has 2 mil in signing bonuses. Bert is likely to be on IR, maybe Sammy too. If not, Eaves waived/traded and that clears another 900k. Which would have 5 mil left. Smith and Nyquist aren't going to get more than 3 mil combined on a bridge deal, maybe little more.

Getting rid of Tootoo would clear 1.9 k.

It would be tight but manageable.

I'm more interested in value here. Personally, I have never said that you have cap issues or can't sign some guys or whatever.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:26 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
How big of a plus are we talking about.

Alfie has 2 mil in signing bonuses. Bert is likely to be on IR, maybe Sammy too. If not, Eaves waived/traded and that clears another 900k. Which would have 5 mil left. Smith and Nyquist aren't going to get more than 3 mil combined on a bridge deal, maybe little more.

Getting rid of Tootoo would clear 1.9 k.

It would be tight but manageable.

I'm more interested in value here. Personally, I have never said that you have cap issues or can't sign some guys or whatever.
The only thing currently that would make sense to me in trading Stewart would be packaging him for a #1 center. Or trading him for a high end center prospect with #1 center potential.

Detroit does not have what we would be looking for.

Old
07-07-2013, 12:43 PM
WingsOverAvs
Non Right Winger

Quote:
If general hockey discussions bother you, you're in the wrong place. And to answer your question:

Chris Stewart ($4.500m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)
Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Stephen Weiss ($4.900m) / Daniel Alfredsson ($3.500m)
Gustav Nyquist ($1.250m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Tomas Tatar ($0.840m)
Drew Miller ($1.350m) / Joakim Andersson ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m)
Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Jakub Kindl ($2.400m)
Danny DeKeyser ($1.350m) / Brendan Smith ($1.25m)
Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

Jimmy Howard ($5.292m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,282,121

DET would have to trade Tootoo of course. And one of Sammy/Bert. If one of Sammy/Bert are going to head to LTIR at the seasons start, DET can bury a few of its players in the minors to stay under the cap until the LTIR can kick in and then recall them. Not the most likely of scenario's but in theory it could be done. Also depends on what Smith/Nyquist get (which I dont see being any more than 1.5m per). DET also has the option of moving Quincey and acquiring a cheaper bottom pair dman or trade Eaves and replace him with one of several options in GR for about 300K less.

Last edited by WingsOverAvs: 07-07-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old
07-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The only thing currently that would make sense to me in trading Stewart would be packaging him for a #1 center. Or trading him for a high end center prospect with #1 center potential.

Detroit does not have what we would be looking for.
I don't know about that... I think THIS guy might work.

Now that Detroit's out of the Blues' division and conference, I'd be willing to entertain the idea of trading Stewart or Perron for Iron Hook + a pick somewhere in the top 100. I wouldn't balk at signing Damien Brunner, either...

Old
07-07-2013, 01:14 PM
KirkOut
EveryoneOut

Quote:
If general hockey discussions bother you, you're in the wrong place. And to answer your question:
Not sure what this is all about...

I'm just saying that if the wings would need to do much more house-cleaning than the blues in order to afford Stewart

Old
07-07-2013, 01:16 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I don't know about that... I think THIS guy might work.

Now that Detroit's out of the Blues' division and conference, I'd be willing to entertain the idea of trading Stewart or Perron for Iron Hook + a pick somewhere in the top 100. I wouldn't balk at signing Damien Brunner, either...
I am not a fan of him and think he's way over rated to be honest. Not someone I would trade Stewart for.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
I am not a fan of him and think he's way over rated to be honest. Not someone I would trade Stewart for.
Fair enough. I am a Jarnkrok fan, and wish the Blues had drafted him when they had the chance. You might think he's "overrated," but Detroit's history with drafting and developing Swedes tells me that he's probably not... the Wings, much as I hate to admit this, don't waste draft picks on Swedes that can't play at a high level in the NHL.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 380
Apparently someone has got a Vanek to STL for Oshie rumor going on Twitter.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:09 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
It's probably the same idiot that got Isles Flames and Philly fans hopes up about Pietrangelo.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

Funniest part is Drew Stafford is also involved who would fit in absolutely no where on this team.

I'd love Vanek, but only under certain conditions that Buffalo wouldn't do.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:14 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Funniest part is Drew Stafford is also involved who would fit in absolutely no where on this team.

I'd love Vanek, but only under certain conditions that Buffalo wouldn't do.
Trading Oshie for one year of Vanek would be a horrible deal for us. Also we would need Buffalo to retain half his salary. We would also still have to move Halak or something to cut payroll most likely.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

Quote:
Is it someone legit, or is it just another dude with "inside" access?

Old
07-07-2013, 04:34 PM
illninofan*

I had a dream that we traded Backes, Oshie, Perron and Halak for Vanek and Miller.

Pretty sure I was crying in my dream.

Old
07-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

Quote:
Trading Oshie for one year of Vanek would be a horrible deal for us. Also we would need Buffalo to retain half his salary. We would also still have to move Halak or something to cut payroll most likely.
Yeah I agree. If I was going to trade for Vanek, it would be something like:

Vanek (half salary retained)

for

Perron
2nd
Prospect

and I highly doubt Buffalo goes for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwagon View Post
Is it someone legit, or is it just another dude with "inside" access?
Its @**************. Make of that what you will. I lean towards the latter myself.

EDIT: LOL didn't even realize he was censored here. That says plenty.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:10 PM
BlueDream

Lol. Blues close to cap. Rumored for Vanek.

Doesn't even make sense. Anyone who mentions it should just be punched.

Old
07-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guys coming in peace here.

From your perspective, do you guys think you'll be moving a player or two to create better cap space for Pietrangelo and Stewart?

If so who do you think is likely?

I was thinking Perron and Polak for cheaper replacements plus prospects and or picks to Edmonton seems like a fit for us, but what about you?

Say Paajarvi (1.5-2 Mill) and Nick Schultz 50% cap retain for cap hit of 1.95. + 2nd/Gernat/Musil?

I was trying to find players who would fit Hitch's system and Paajarvi with size speed and defensive play seems like a fit. Schultz would fit any vet coaches system.

We just have a gaping hole at #2 LW and physicality on the back end, and while I really love Paajarvi he's not ready for fulltime top 6. I think he'd do really well with Sobotka or Berglund.

Off the mark? I tried to target Perron vs Stewart or Oshie as you hold them in higher regard.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:06 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post

From your perspective, do you guys think you'll be moving a player or two to create better cap space for Pietrangelo and Stewart?

I was thinking Perron and Polak for cheaper replacements plus prospects and or picks to Edmonton seems like a fit for us, but what about you?

Say Paajarvi (1.5-2 Mill) and Nick Schultz 50% cap retain for cap hit of 1.95. + 2nd/Gernat/Musil?

I was trying to find players who would fit Hitch's system and Paajarvi with size speed and defensive play seems like a fit. Schultz would fit any vet coaches system.

We just have a gaping hole at #2 LW and physicality on the back end, and while I really love Paajarvi he's not ready for fulltime top 6. I think he'd do really well with Sobotka or Berglund.

Off the mark? I tried to target Perron vs Stewart or Oshie as you hold them in higher regard.
No you can't have Polak. Halak is the player most likely moved.

Any of our wingers would require at least a top center prosepect or 1st round pick.

Until contracts are signed its impossible to know who gets moved.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
ExJbeck

dumb proposal

Old
07-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

I don't think the Blues have any interest in moving Polak... unless the Oilers were sending Smid back, which kinda defeats the purpose for you.

But if the deal was simplified to Paajarvi and Edmonton's 2nd in 2014 for Perron, that might work. The Blues have a few Western Canadian prospects (not named Ty Rattie) as well, any one of whom might be considered as a deal sweetener, if necessary.

Old
07-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:

I've seen enough of Nick Schultz that I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Perron>Paajarvi
Polak>>Schultz
The draft pick/prospect doesn't do much for us.

Overall, this trade makes us a much worse team, so a no thank you from this side.

Closed Thread