HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2013, 02:24 PM
  #626
Daley Tarasenkshow
#firstroundexit
 
Daley Tarasenkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
At the draft..

MTL's 1st (15-20)

for

Chris Stewart
It really just depends on how Stewart plays this season. When he's hot, he'll put up 30 goals. big "IF" though.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 02:25 PM
  #627
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,555
vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I find Simmons to be an overrated player, even though I like his game and don't care much for Stewart's.

Stewart is the better offensive player, while Simmons brings a better two-way game but that really isn't saying all that much. One could argue that Simmons is the better fit for our system because he his more consistently physical (26 hits this season vs. 19 for Stewart) and better in the defensive end, but the guy also looses so many board battles just like Stewart. Chris is also making some progress in front of the net and with his defensive positioning. Being such, the trade could range from a slight upgrade to slight downgrade in best and worst case scenarios.

Regardless of those thoughts, if we are going to move Stew, I would prefer it not be for another $4M dollar guy to play on the third line. We might as well trade Stewart in the offseason for picks/prospects and spend that money elsewhere.
Basically agree. If we're moving Stewart then it is to move salary and promote Jaškin. The post was mainly a response that Simmonds has more value than Stewart right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
At the draft..

MTL's 1st (15-20)

for

Chris Stewart
If Stewart has another 15-15 seasons then sure. Otherwise we'll get better offers elsewhere (more developed prospect + pick).

Alklha is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 02:39 PM
  #628
ExJbeck
Registered User
 
ExJbeck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Have you not watched him play? He led the team in points last season. Anyone that says Stewart is a horrible hockey player obviously has never seen him play.

Is he inconsistent in his scoring? Yes he is.

You have a weird bias against the guy to say that.
In all honesty, I don't have anything against him. He hasn't really done anything that makes me believe he is worth being on this team. I don't trust the guy to make the necessary sacrifices to be a champion. I can't be the only person who is completely dumbfounded by his play with and without the puck. I often wonder if he can even comprehend what the coaches mean by focusing on the minor details of a game.

You want to talk about Christ Stewart? Well, where the hell his style of play go from last season 15 game hot steak? He isn't providing the scoring he was brought in for. All he is doing in the games is fighting. Who cares. And going to the front of the net, which is fine, but we could probably replace that net front presence with someone else already on the team or in the organization. Does his speed play a role in determining the
outcome of a game? I'm not even sure.

Sure, Stewie really isn't a terrible hockey player. He's just a great athlete, playing hockey, with a lot of potential. And he fights. How long do we keep him for potential.


Last edited by ExJbeck: 11-02-2013 at 03:57 PM.
ExJbeck is offline  
Old
11-02-2013, 06:47 PM
  #629
BlueDream
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 10,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
In all honesty, I don't have anything against him. He hasn't really done anything that makes me believe he is worth being on this team. I don't trust the guy to make the necessary sacrifices to be a champion. I can't be the only person who is completely dumbfounded by his play with and without the puck. I often wonder if he can even comprehend what the coaches mean by focusing on the minor details of a game.

You want to talk about Christ Stewart? Well, where the hell his style of play go from last season 15 game hot steak? He isn't providing the scoring he was brought in for. All he is doing in the games is fighting. Who cares. And going to the front of the net, which is fine, but we could probably replace that net front presence with someone else already on the team or in the organization. Does his speed play a role in determining the
outcome of a game? I'm not even sure.

Sure, Stewie really isn't a terrible hockey player. He's just a great athlete, playing hockey, with a lot of potential. And he fights. How long do we keep him for potential.
I don't think he's being kept for "potential", I'm sure everyone in the organization realizes who he is. And he is a guy who can score 30 goals and yes fight and provide toughness.

You can downplay the fighting aspect all you want but that's part of his game, just like it's part of Lucic's game. I'm not comparing the two but if fighting is one of their strong suits, why not use it?

BlueDream is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  #630
Celtic Note
Thanks very little
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
Tomas Plekanec for Chris Stewart and 3rd?

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:02 PM
  #631
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 11,873
vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Tomas Plekanec for Chris Stewart and 3rd?
Sure but why would Montreal do it?

Dolph Ziggler is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:04 PM
  #632
Celtic Note
Thanks very little
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Sure but why would Montreal do it?
If they are out of the playoffs this year, then they could think about the future. How much more time does Gionta have? Eller and Galy look poised to take over the top two center spots with Plec gone.


A Stewart for Brassard swap might be nice too.


Last edited by Celtic Note: 11-04-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Celtic Note is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:13 PM
  #633
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
I wonder if Spezza would become available if Ottawa falls out of the playoff race.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:23 PM
  #634
Daley Tarasenkshow
#firstroundexit
 
Daley Tarasenkshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I wonder if Spezza would become available if Ottawa falls out of the playoff race.
I've wondered that too...I've always like Spezza.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:25 PM
  #635
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
I still think Gaborik could be an option. I think Hitch likes Sobotka enough and Army thinks there are enough options at center, that we will go after any top forward, regardless of position.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:27 PM
  #636
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I wonder if Spezza would become available if Ottawa falls out of the playoff race.
Spezza's definitely someone I'd keep an eye on. My only concern is his injury woes, but he is a heck of a player and would improve our team drastically.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 05:44 PM
  #637
Celtic Note
Thanks very little
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 500
If Spezza is the target, then something like...

Stewart, Lappy, 1st, RW or D prospect.

Celtic Note is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 06:16 PM
  #638
The Note in Ky
Bow to the pyramid
 
The Note in Ky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Evansville, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Spezza would worry me defensively. I think. From what I have seen of his play. Sounds like the sens fans have been a little down on him this year as well

He's on my fantasy team so I'm a fan of his

The Note in Ky is offline  
Old
11-04-2013, 07:11 PM
  #639
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
An interesting note about Spezza is that despite having a 7 mil cap hit, his salary in 13/14 is 5 mil and 14/15 is 4 mil. So, as long as we have the cap space we shouldn't have any worries financially. His contract does end after next season though, so that's a little worrisome.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 12:13 PM
  #640
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Lets not forget about the 2nd we got from Edmonton. It's basically a late 1st, so Army set himself up to be able to move 1sts in back-to-back seasons.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 12:36 PM
  #641
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Lets not forget about the 2nd we got from Edmonton. It's basically a late 1st, so Army set himself up to be able to move 1sts in back-to-back seasons.
Imagine if we could have gotten Edmonton's 1st...

Oberyn is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:08 PM
  #642
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Tomas Plekanec for Chris Stewart and 3rd?
I kind of liked
Oshie, Polak, and Veillieux

for

Plekanec, De La Rose, and a 2nd

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:10 PM
  #643
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I kind of liked
Oshie, Polak, and Veillieux

for

Plekanec, De La Rose, and a 2nd
I think Hitchcock (and Armstrong) value Oshie a lot more than that. More than the trade market would value him.

2 Minute Minor is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:14 PM
  #644
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I think Hitchcock (and Armstrong) value Oshie a lot more than that. More than the trade market would value him.
Plekanec will cost you a core player. He is an excellent defensive player, faceoff guy and shutdown center that can score. Backes and Plekanec would be an excellent answer to Toews and Kane. Stewart and a 3rd won't get you Plekanec.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:16 PM
  #645
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Oshie isn't being moved and it's clear that Stewart is the one that doesn't fit. We are going to find a scoring replacement for him and in the off-season bring in someone who can bring a little toughness to the top 9 at a much cheaper price.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:22 PM
  #646
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Plekanec will cost you a core player. He is an excellent defensive player, faceoff guy and shutdown center that can score. Backes and Plekanec would be an excellent answer to Toews and Kane. Stewart and a 3rd won't get you Plekanec.
I've been wanting Pleks for a few years now, but he's a solid 50-60 point 2-way center who is going to be 32 in the beginning of next season. I wouldn't trade Oshie straight up for him.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:24 PM
  #647
Bronco Horvat
Registered User
 
Bronco Horvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Jaskin


I'm trying to find out what kind of injury does Jaskin have with the Wolves.. Maybe someone on here could help me.


Last edited by Bronco Horvat: 11-05-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Bronco Horvat is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  #648
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Oshie isn't being moved and it's clear that Stewart is the one that doesn't fit. We are going to find a scoring replacement for him and in the off-season bring in someone who can bring a little toughness to the top 9 at a much cheaper price.
That's an opinion. Didn't Perron just get traded? I realize everyone owns an Oshie jersey, but I want to win a cup. If you want a number one center or number 2A center, then you will have to pay for it. That would be a good deal. Cole can step into Polak's spot.

Plekanec > Oshie
Polak for a 2nd round pick an excellent defensive center and skater
Veillieux for a high 2nd round pick

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:31 PM
  #649
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 9,810
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Plekanec will cost you a core player. He is an excellent defensive player, faceoff guy and shutdown center that can score. Backes and Plekanec would be an excellent answer to Toews and Kane. Stewart and a 3rd won't get you Plekanec.
No, what I'm saying is that Oshie is one of the players depended on to execute Hitchcock's system. Look at his movement to the 2nd line to try and get that line playing the right way. I think Steen and Oshie are indispensable for Hitchcock and will never return enough in trade to warrant adding them as pieces.

2 Minute Minor is offline  
Old
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
  #650
bleedblue1223
Fire Army
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 24,821
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
That's an opinion. Didn't Perron just get traded? I realize everyone owns an Oshie jersey, but I want to win a cup. If you want a number one center or number 2A center, then you will have to pay for it. That would be a good deal. Cole can step into Polak's spot.

Plekanec > Oshie
Polak for a 2nd round pick an excellent defensive center and skater
Veillieux for a high 2nd round pick
Yeah Perron got traded, and Perron also didn't fit and his minutes and utilization showed that.

We no longer have a position need at center, so Army will only trade for one if it actually makes the team better and moving Oshie for Pleks doesn't make us any better.

The most likely trade will be what we did with Bouwmeester. Picks and prospects as the main pieces. We might have to dump some salary at the deadline depending on who we go after, but the main cap dump, Stewart will be moved like Perron was in the summer.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.