HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part VII

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
No way Nichuskin drops out of the top 10, I bet he goes somewhere around 4-6

Old
06-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Alklha

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas89alex View Post
tarasenko fell to 16 and was less of the Russian factor I think. so he could fall and I was also thinking a package around jaskin/rattie.
Nichushkin is a significantly better prospect than Tarasenko was.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:16 PM
taylord22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Nichushkin is a significantly better prospect than Tarasenko was.
Are you basing that off size alone? His skill-set from the reports I've read paint it a good tier below where Tarasenko's was.

Old
06-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Are you basing that off size alone? His skill-set from the reports I've read paint it a good tier below where Tarasenko's was.
Watch a good bit of the KHL, been to games in Russia and seen them play.

Tarasenko had all the skills, but they weren't to the same ceiling as Nichushkin. Even as a 17 year old in the KHL Nichushkin has had moments of complete dominance. He has a size advantage and he can know how to use it, his skating is outstanding and his offensive instincts/positioning are excellent. He is too selfish though, he can create a great chance and have a teammate on the other side with an empty net and he'll skate it in and try and stuff it past the goalie. The biggest question about Nichushkin is if maturity will straighten out his game. I won't say he has an attitude problem, but it certainly could develop into that. He has the potential to be the most dominant winger in the NHL (I don't think he'll reach that, but that is his potential). I'll look out his highlights from the KHL playoffs later tonight and post them.

Tarasenko's ceiling wasn't ever as high, but he made up for that with his work ethic, team play and reliability.

2013 Nichushkin is a better prospect than 2010 Tarasenko. All that said, I wouldn't trade 2013 Tarasenko for 2013 Nichushkin.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Alklha

Some clips of Nichushkin in the KHL playoffs...

Goal -vs- Barys Astana
Goal 2 -vs- Barys Astana
Goal -vs- Avangard Omsk
Goal 2 -vs- Avangard Omsk (probably the best one)
Goal 3 -vs- Avangard Omsk
Goal -vs- Ak Bars
Assist -vs- Ak Bars

The assist probably shows the rare occasion when he passes in that position, basically after he fans on a shot.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:35 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Tanguay to the Avs. Well that will put the Perron for Stastny idea to rest.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Alklha

If they do pick MacKinnon, which I'm not convinced about, then they are going to have to move a centre. None of them really fit moving to the wing, so they would need to be looking at a trade. I suppose it is more likely to be defense that they are after now.

Although, I suppose that Tanguay is only upgrading David Jones, who was God awful last year. They do still need more help on the wings. Unlikely to be us providing that, but still.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:43 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
If they do pick MacKinnon, which I'm not convinced about, then they are going to have to move a centre. None of them really fit moving to the wing, so they would need to be looking at a trade. I suppose it is more likely to be defense that they are after now.
Cole+ could be an option, but it isn't enough for them to trade Stastny to a division rival IMO.

Old
06-27-2013, 06:44 PM
BlueDream

That's a good trade for the Avs.

They have Tanguay, Landeskog, Parenteau, McGinn, Downie, and one of their centers (MacKinnon/Stastny?) on the wings now. That's a pretty good top 9.

They just need defensive help badly.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Alklha

So Armstrong is apparently shopping Perron, according to Dreger. Not really a surprise.

Wonder what we were interested in from Toronto

Old
06-27-2013, 07:19 PM
BlueDream

I hope he does get traded. I'm also sick of some of his tweets, it's obvious he doesn't care much for defensive hockey. Sorry Perron but you aren't as good as you think you are. I just don't think he fits our system.

If we could get our hands on a guy like Pavelski I'd really like that.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:26 PM
KirkOut

I'm sure the Leafs fans on the trade forum will offer Franson+Colbourne or something and tell us Blues we should be lucky to get such an offer.

In all seriousness I'm really hoping the Blues can swing some kind of Perron + something small for Pavelski type deal as has been discussed here a lot. I like Perron as a player and don't hate on him as much as some people around here seem to but I think he's the odd man out on this team and while I would love to keep both, I'd trade Perron before Stewart.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:04 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

IF it was Perron being shopped to the Leafs: Perron for Gardiner, Shattenkirk for Ryan, sign a center.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:15 PM
SIU LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I hope he does get traded. I'm also sick of some of his tweets, it's obvious he doesn't care much for defensive hockey. Sorry Perron but you aren't as good as you think you are. I just don't think he fits our system.

If we could get our hands on a guy like Pavelski I'd really like that.
I'm glad I am not the only one that has noticed Perron's tweets.

While I don't loathe the guy, some of his selfish play on the ice this season when combined with those musings, suggest he is a round peg on this square holed team.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:51 PM
taylord22

Quote:
Watch a good bit of the KHL, been to games in Russia and seen them play.

Tarasenko had all the skills, but they weren't to the same ceiling as Nichushkin. Even as a 17 year old in the KHL Nichushkin has had moments of complete dominance. He has a size advantage and he can know how to use it, his skating is outstanding and his offensive instincts/positioning are excellent. He is too selfish though, he can create a great chance and have a teammate on the other side with an empty net and he'll skate it in and try and stuff it past the goalie. The biggest question about Nichushkin is if maturity will straighten out his game. I won't say he has an attitude problem, but it certainly could develop into that. He has the potential to be the most dominant winger in the NHL (I don't think he'll reach that, but that is his potential). I'll look out his highlights from the KHL playoffs later tonight and post them.

Tarasenko's ceiling wasn't ever as high, but he made up for that with his work ethic, team play and reliability.

2013 Nichushkin is a better prospect than 2010 Tarasenko. All that said, I wouldn't trade 2013 Tarasenko for 2013 Nichushkin.
Thanks for the evaluation. Admittedly, I haven't been paying as close attention to the names in the draft as in year's past.

One last question, does he have the same kind of "+release", or does his shot simply qualify as good?

Old
06-28-2013, 05:58 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
IF it was Perron being shopped to the Leafs: Perron for Gardiner, Shattenkirk for Ryan, sign a center.
Just from what I have seen of Gardiner.....No thanks. I'd find another deal for someone else. Shatty's a better defender.

....what have I done....Now the trolls from Toronto will tell me that Gardiner is like trading Ditka.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

I'm surprised Garrioch's paragraph of idiocy on the Blues didn't set off more of a **** storm on the trade boards.

We're trading Perron...dangling Oshie...have no money....blah blah blah.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
I'm surprised Garrioch's paragraph of idiocy on the Blues didn't set off more of a **** storm on the trade boards.

I must have missed that, do you have a link?

Old
06-28-2013, 10:15 AM
SirPaste

Nevermind I found it

Quote:
The Blues made a big move by signing defenceman Kevin Shattenkirk to a four-year, $17-million deal but St. Louis doesn't plan to be a big spender. The ownership group is running on a shoestring budget and the early playoff exit certainly didn't help. It's believed the Blues have been sniffing around to see what they can get for winger David Perron and centre T.J. Oshie. Both have term left on their deals and will fetch a strong return. St. Louis GM Doug Armstrong still has to get restricted free agent winger Chris Stewart and defenceman Alex Pietrangelo under contract ...
He is so knowledgable about the Blues he is the only one who knows that Oshie is a center.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Frenzy1

If Perron is being shopped, which I do not completely believe, then the return will be a pick in the 7-12 range, plus a prospect. My off the board guess - Columbus.

Why you may ask. It is because I think it means the Blues will be trying to get a center via free agency. It would cut costs save $$$.

Further, I am not sure St. Jose would trade Pavs for him, nor Ottawa for Turris. The Aves will not trade Staz w/in the division. So that really limits who is available and WOULD BE AN UPGRADE OVER WHO WE HAVE.

There are a number of UFA centers that would fit our bill and based on some of the rumors of Backes/Berglund moving to wing, I think you will see us taking a shot at Weiss, Roy, or Ribs via free agency (opposite order for preference from me). I don't think we will get Vinnie signed.

Just my opinion, but w/ the cap coming down and a number of players being bought out to get teams compliant, I think we will see UFA's not getting the crazy overpayment contracts, which means we will be able to make some additions.

Finally, with all of the compliance buyouts, my guess is the teams that have done so will be more gun shy this year. Yes teams like Phily, NYR, and Toronto have big $$$, but paying out millions for a player to play somewhere is hurts. All businesses do not like taking major revenue losses.

The UFA class isn't strong and teams will focus more on resigning their own players vs. overpaying in Free Agency going forward, unless it is for true elite players. For the first time in a long time, I don't expect any WHAT THE??? contracts as teams can no longer really circumvent the cap.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
If Perron is being shopped, which I do not completely believe, then the return will be a pick in the 7-12 range, plus a prospect. My off the board guess - Columbus.

Why you may ask. It is because I think it means the Blues will be trying to get a center via free agency. It would cut costs save $$$.

Further, I am not sure St. Jose would trade Pavs for him, nor Ottawa for Turris. The Aves will not trade Staz w/in the division. So that really limits who is available and WOULD BE AN UPGRADE OVER WHO WE HAVE.

There are a number of UFA centers that would fit our bill and based on some of the rumors of Backes/Berglund moving to wing, I think you will see us taking a shot at Weiss, Roy, or Ribs via free agency (opposite order for preference from me). I don't think we will get Vinnie signed.

Just my opinion, but w/ the cap coming down and a number of players being bought out to get teams compliant, I think we will see UFA's not getting the crazy overpayment contracts, which means we will be able to make some additions.

Finally, with all of the compliance buyouts, my guess is the teams that have done so will be more gun shy this year. Yes teams like Phily, NYR, and Toronto have big $$$, but paying out millions for a player to play somewhere is hurts. All businesses do not like taking major revenue losses.

The UFA class isn't strong and teams will focus more on resigning their own players vs. overpaying in Free Agency going forward, unless it is for true elite players. For the first time in a long time, I don't expect any WHAT THE??? contracts as teams can no longer really circumvent the cap.
I do believe that we are seeing what is available for Perron, but that may be more out of hope than anything else.

I agree that I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting a pick in return for him though. If we believe that Rattie or Jaškin is ready to step into the team, then moving Perron and not taking on salary clears the way for UFA. I don't think people realise how close we are going to be to the cap simply by signing all our RFA's.

But, if Ottawa wants to trade Turris for Perron, then I'd happily take that! His contract is too good for them to give up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylord22 View Post
Thanks for the evaluation. Admittedly, I haven't been paying as close attention to the names in the draft as in year's past.

One last question, does he have the same kind of "+release", or does his shot simply qualify as good?
Tarasenko's is better, but Nichushkin is above average in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Nevermind I found it

He is so knowledgable about the Blues he is the only one who knows that Oshie is a center.
Eklund is more reliable than that moron. A couple of weeks ago he had us going after Gonchar because we need help on the blueline, and now he says we are looking to move Perron and Oshie because of our shoestring budget.

Old
06-28-2013, 10:59 AM
CarvinSigX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post

I would trade Stewart and Perron if we got Vinny, or someone else that's borderline elite. I bet Army could get a pretty good pick in this draft if he wants, as well. That's only if he finds a way to fill the need for a center.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:02 AM
ExJbeck

Anyone know what Florida's needs are? I wonder what it would cost to get the #2.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:13 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
Anyone know what Florida's needs are? I wonder what it would cost to get the #2.
Florida has a lot of needs and it was cost A LOT to get #2, I dont even want to think about it because it aint happenin

Old
06-28-2013, 12:06 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
I do believe that we are seeing what is available for Perron, but that may be more out of hope than anything else.

I agree that I wouldn't be surprised if we were getting a pick in return for him though. If we believe that Rattie or Jaškin is ready to step into the team, then moving Perron and not taking on salary clears the way for UFA. I don't think people realise how close we are going to be to the cap simply by signing all our RFA's.

But, if Ottawa wants to trade Turris for Perron, then I'd happily take that! His contract is too good for them to give up though.
Your 2nd paragraph would be a massive gamble. Dealing Perron to move up solely to create more cap space to hopefully sign an impact UFA. And then replacing him with a winger who is years away from being as good as Perron. If Perron is dealt it will not be for futures. For all his flaws that his detractors like to cite, he's a very marketable player because of his skill set, age (entering prime) and really good contract. The small market Blues are in as big of a "win-now" moment as they have been since the early 2000's and will not trade core players for futures and what if's.

Closed Thread