HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2013, 08:39 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
I can't imagine why Williams would get moved. He's exactly the type of guys Deano looks to bring in. I know you can't keep everyone, but he's someone I would keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Just in from that source of sources, Eklund. And it might be the same deal Barry referred to:

* The Flyers are talking to many teams, but there are many who feel the Kings and Flyers are as close to finishing a deal as anyone.

I like Grossman, one of the few Flyers who is good on D and blocks a TON of shots. And Nick Cousins is a very talented prospect, top 6 material. he's a pretty good hockey player, finished 3rd in OHL scoring this year, 103 pts in 64 games. Flyers were really high on him, can't believe they'd deal him...but then again this is Homer

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/stats...s/ls_season/46

Hockeybuzz aka Eklund
I wouldn't say that Cousins is Top 6 material. More third liner.

Old
06-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
Brown/Kopitar/Toffoli
Frattin/Carter/Richards
Clifford/Stoll/Vey
King/Lewis/Nolan

If Williams is moved that would probably give enough for Scuds to come back, but that line up doesn't really excite me...
Obviously, if JW is dealt, there's a good chance you will see another piece in the lineup instantly...unless the deal includes a #1 pick back.
There was all this smoke about Iginla signing with the Kings as well,
so this opens a spot for him as well.

Let's say the Flyers want JW back and we got Couturier and Grossman and their #2 pick (41 overall) for JW, Clifford and A-Mart.

Then you're looking at this:

Couturier/Kopitar/Iginla
Brown/Richards/Carter
Frattin/Stoll/Lewis
King/Andreoff/Nolan

These Iginla signing with the Kings rumors are still out there. Not saying I want that to happen, or that I want to see JW dealt. Pure speculation.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:03 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Let's say the Flyers want JW back and we got Couturier and Grossman and their #2 pick (41 overall) for JW, Clifford and A-Mart
Not happening. Ridiculous to even put that there.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:17 AM
kings11

Kopitar, Quick, DD,VV and Brown are the only untouchables on the kings now with that said it would take a huge package to get Williams, but i do like that phllly trade Grossman would be a welcomed edition

Williams+Martinez+Clifford for Couturier+Grossman+ might be alot but thats atleast what it would take

Old
06-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
Not happening. Ridiculous to even put that there.
Ok. Since the Bruins must move Horton and they are talking about moving Seguin, maybe the Bruins have interest in JW for Horton as principle pieces of a deal.

Old
06-30-2013, 09:53 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Keeping your own as best as you can

A conservative, realistic educated guess at where the Kings now stand:

Core - not going anywhere: Kopitar, Brown (signs extension), Richards, Carter, Doughty, Voynov, Quick (7)
Win now - should be kept: Mitchell, Regehr, Greene (signs extension), Williams, Stoll (5)
Support - signed NHLers remaining: Fraser, King, Frattin, Toffoli, Scrivens (5)

RFA - should be-signed: Martinez, Muzzin, Ellerby, Lewis, Clifford, Nolan (6)

That's the 23 man roster to this point. Will fit in cap barring unexpected RFA demands.

UFA - none re-signed: Scuderi, Penner, Richardson

Side note RFAs - time has come and gone: Moller, Holloway

Long list of remaining RFA, UFA, those signed and bound for Manchester, prospects

Old
06-30-2013, 10:09 AM
SuperAlmeida

If we does not resign Fraser, do you think Andreoff could take the center-spot at the fourth line?

Old
06-30-2013, 10:11 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Ok. Since the Bruins must move Horton and they are talking about moving Seguin, maybe the Bruins have interest in JW for Horton as principle pieces of a deal.
Horton can be had for free come July 5. Not that we'll be able to afford his cap hit.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:22 AM
funky

If we trade with Philly I would like

Williams and Amart

For

Read and Grossman

Salaries balance
We get our second line LW
We have money to sign Iggy or gamble on Toffoli

Philly gets a young mobile cheap Dman and a gritty winger with tones of experience that seems to mesh wherever he plays

Old
06-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
If we trade with Philly I would like

Williams and Amart

For

Read and Grossman

Salaries balance
We get our second line LW
We have money to sign Iggy or gamble on Toffoli

Philly gets a young mobile cheap Dman and a gritty winger with tones of experience that seems to mesh wherever he plays
Williams is still way to valuable. We could get a better package.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:08 AM
BallPointHammer
Franchise Enforcer

Acquiring Grossman to replace Scuderi doesn't solve Kings cap issues other than to save a relatively small amount of money.

Mitchell/Regehr/Greene make about 9.5 mil - which is allot for three veteran defensive d-men. Adding Scuderi or someone like Grossman is a luxury the Kings can't afford. Just like two number 1 goalies.

The Kings need to develop from within, sign free agents or trade for, a couple of decent inexpensive def. d-men for depth and/or replacement of the vets.

Big money is for offense.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:09 AM
KingCanadain1976

Eklunds latest

* Iginla's Rights are in Play. Montreal and LA talking to Pitt

* Ryan Clowe's right are drawing interest from the Kings and Hawks..

Old
06-30-2013, 11:11 AM
jml87

Really don't want to move Williams. He is always solid in the playoffs and a great veteran presence. I don't think Lombardi will do it anyway. I'm continually annoyed by this lowering of the cap. Lombardi has done a great job of managing it and now that's out the window. Trying desperately to keep the winning team together and improve the offense, and it wouldn't have to be that way if the cap hadn't dropped like ten million. Especially stupid since talk is that will just go back up again next year.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPointHammer View Post
Acquiring Grossman to replace Scuderi doesn't solve Kings cap issues other than to save a relatively small amount of money.

Mitchell/Regehr/Greene make about 9.5 mil - which is allot for three veteran defensive d-men. Adding Scuderi or someone like Grossman is a luxury the Kings can't afford. Just like two number 1 goalies.

The Kings need to develop from within, sign free agents or trade for, a couple of decent inexpensive def. d-men for depth and/or replacement of the vets.

Big money is for offense.
This, DL has basically been saying this in interviews. The cap going down put a bit of a wrench in LA's plans. I don't expect outside help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Eklunds latest

* Iginla's Rights are in Play. Montreal and LA talking to Pitt

* Ryan Clowe's right are drawing interest from the Kings and Hawks..
Can't afford them without major changes. (Mitchell, Stoll, or Williams)

Old
06-30-2013, 11:35 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Clowe would be a perfect fit here. Too bad he's going to cost too much.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Peter James Bond

Dean has talked about the cap and that it is not fair that teams who went over the cap are the one's being 'rewarded' as they can merely do a buyout compliance and rebuild...while Dean has meticulously worked his deals and contracts to comply with the cap and work hard
at keeping within it....he has a good point there.

Perhaps teams that use the buyout compliance should be penalized further and have to give up something...perhaps have an additional $500,000 taken away from their cap. Why not?

Old
06-30-2013, 11:47 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Dean has talked about the cap and that it is not fair that teams who went over the cap are the one's being 'rewarded' as they can merely do a buyout compliance and rebuild...while Dean has meticulously worked his deals and contracts to comply with the cap and work hard

Perhaps teams that use the buyout compliance should be penalized further and have to give up something...perhaps have an additional $500,000 taken away from their cap. Why not?
At the same time, the Kings never get guys like Richards, Carter, Mitchell, or Scuderi without the cap.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:

It is pretty sad that it worked out that way. Burying players in the minors also sucked.

Old
06-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
If we does not resign Fraser, do you think Andreoff could take the center-spot at the fourth line?
Yes.

I truly think these 4 are gone for good: Penner, Richardson, Scuderi, and Fraser. Of the 4, I think the Kings would love to keep Scuderi, but not for $4 million at 4 years. Just not possible or good for the Kings at that price and years.

As for Fraser, he wasn't as good last year as in 11-12 and either Lewis could play 4th ctr or Andreoff. Andreoff also brings a physical presence.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Richie10

Every major contending team is maneuvering under a falling cap right now. The fact that every big contract on the Kings is cap friendly and does not need to be complianced says enough about the team right there.

I still think there's a deal to be had with Philly for Read. I also don't think the team is totally screwed if Scuderi walks and Mitchell gets injured again. Muzzin played his best hockey with Doughty last year and that leaves us with two SAH defensemen on the bottom pairings.

Muzzin-Doughty
Regehr-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

is REALLY not that bad of a d-core, especially if Martinez rounds back into form.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
You mean after this upcoming season? Because Fraser is still signed to a contract currently.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Obviously, if JW is dealt, there's a good chance you will see another piece in the lineup instantly...unless the deal includes a #1 pick back.
There was all this smoke about Iginla signing with the Kings as well,
so this opens a spot for him as well.

Let's say the Flyers want JW back and we got Couturier and Grossman and their #2 pick (41 overall) for JW, Clifford and A-Mart.

Then you're looking at this:

Couturier/Kopitar/Iginla
Brown/Richards/Carter
Frattin/Stoll/Lewis
King/Andreoff/Nolan

These Iginla signing with the Kings rumors are still out there. Not saying I want that to happen, or that I want to see JW dealt. Pure speculation.
Iggy is 36 years old tomorrow. It can only get worse with age with him. No reason to bring this guy on. Williams will be 32 in October. Moving a clutch playoff performer in game 7s with 2 cups makes no sense for an older vet with a good story but with zero cups. WTF? We need to stay diverse in our line up as opposed to going after the same type of players that may get into fights but can't score or stay visible in clutch games.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Iggy is 36 years old tomorrow. It can only get worse with age with him. No reason to bring this guy on. Williams will be 32 in October. Moving a clutch playoff performer in game 7s with 2 cups makes no sense for an older vet with a good story but with zero cups. WTF? We need to stay diverse in our line up as opposed to going after the same type of players that may get into fights but can't score or stay visible in clutch games.
I agree, 100%. I don't want JW dealt and Iginla coming here either.
There are still rumors out there and we already know DL got Regehr,
a former Sutter player and I am sure Sutter wouldn't mind having Jerome.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
I agree, 100%. I don't want JW dealt and Iginla coming here either.
There are still rumors out there and we already know DL got Regehr,
a former Sutter player and I am sure Sutter wouldn't mind having Jerome.
Bleck...just the thought of this makes me sick.... Slick Willie ....don't do it Deano....

Old
06-30-2013, 12:48 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I wouldn't be worried about it. Seems like between Lebrun, McKenzie and Dreger they're reporting half the league is available for trade, yet they've said nothing of Williams. It's just the usual suspects of nitwits that never get anything right that are reporting it.

Closed Thread