HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2013, 11:01 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Before all the rfa were signed Dean said they were close with Kyle *( i belive it was only a couple hundred k was the quote.) I really dont get why you think hes asking to much. Imo he should make more then a martinez and muzzin. Again if u traded everyone that didnt show up in that series ur tradeing most of the team. I would like to point out that clifford 155 hits is only one short of brown on the team and hits is a big part of the kings game. He plays more phyiscal then anyone in the bottom six period. This is kings hockey if brown get almost 6 million to throw hits and play phyical i think cliffords 155 hits is well worth 1.4-1.6 easy Fair enuff agree to disagree
You also have to factor in the business side of things, meaning, which of those players will pocket the biggest return? And undoubtedly, it's Clifford. And since we have one too many LWs, and Clifford will net us the biggest profit, it's Clifford who will and should get traded.

Old
07-23-2013, 11:13 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
You also have to factor in the business side of things, meaning, which of those players will pocket the biggest return? And undoubtedly, it's Clifford. And since we have one too many LWs, and Clifford will net us the biggest profit, it's Clifford who will and should get traded.
I dunno you can make a case that sence king played some second line mins he might bring back more? All depends there are some fans that see him being better. Some teams may see him havign more upside depending on team. I think ur thinking Carcillo is getting automatically a full time job I see him as a richardson replacement and maybe getting 30-35 games as a person to play against torres and his counter parts.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:46 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see the Kings move Fraser and sign Clifford to a one-year, 1.1M contract. Slide Lewis down to 4C and if a C gets injured, call-up AA or Vey.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams

Toffoli - Richards - Carter

King - Stoll - Frattin

Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

Carcillo

Old
07-24-2013, 01:51 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoForRoughing View Post
I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see the Kings move Fraser and sign Clifford to a one-year, 1.1M contract. Slide Lewis down to 4C and if a C gets injured, call-up AA or Vey.

Toffoli - Richards - Carter

King - Stoll - Frattin

Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

Carcillo

Clifford for $1.1M would have been done by now. He clearly wants more than that.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:52 AM
Nose of Sutter

Where do the Kings go if by some chance Stoll isn't cleared come season time? Lewis as 3C with either Andy or Vey as the 4C would be my guess. I do think Stoll will be ready by the season opener, just curious what the scenario would be if he isn't.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:09 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The difference is, in Clifford's role, he's expected to fight and therefore, he may suffer another setback, whereas with Stoll, who never fights and Richards only fight in defending his teammates.

I wasn't the biggest fan of King this year, but I don't think Clifford THAT much better than King. Fwiw, King is bigger, has pretty decent hands and is the better fighter of the two.
He has a decent shot, but he has no hands. You should of watched him trying to handle passes the whole season. He had a hard time with basic fundamentals.

King doesn't know how to fight BTW.

Old
07-24-2013, 02:12 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post

Clifford for $1.1M would have been done by now. He clearly wants more than that.
Yeah, because it's just that easy, right?

Maybe the Kings are waiting to move a player to sign him. Hell, I don't know, but you have to think Lombardi will exhaust every option before he moves one of his own in Clifford. Fraser didn't bring much to the table last year and, quite frankly, Lewis, Andreoff and Vey would all do a better job at 4C. The latter two will have to wait, however, as there is no spot for the taking.

Lewis is comfortable playing C and that would allow Frattin to play his natural spot.

edit: Come to think of it, if the Kings move Fraser, wouldn't the fact that they have to drop a defenseman allow them to give Clifford what he wants? According to Capgeek, Kings currently have ~250k cap space ... Fraser frees up 830k, plus 700k-1.1M more going from 9 D to 8.

Last edited by TwoForRoughing: 07-24-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old
07-24-2013, 08:11 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
He has a decent shot, but he has no hands. You should of watched him trying to handle passes the whole season. He had a hard time with basic fundamentals.

King doesn't know how to fight BTW.
I agree with this assessment. I would trade King and Fraser immediately.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:08 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
Where do the Kings go if by some chance Stoll isn't cleared come season time? Lewis as 3C with either Andy or Vey as the 4C would be my guess. I do think Stoll will be ready by the season opener, just curious what the scenario would be if he isn't.
Plenty of time to experiment with lineups IF this happens. The Kings would have all training camp to play around with combinations and find what works. If Stoll isn't ready the most likely scenario would be to bump Lewis over to 3C, and put one of the Manchester kids as the 3rd line LW/RW depending on what looks the best. The Kings also have a glut of guys that can play multiple postions in Manchester such as Cliché, Czarnik, Andreoff, Kozun, O'Neill, and Weal that could fill in for a few games.

Old
07-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
lol it not just because he young that he does have potential its his abilitys when he plays that shows it to me. You have to realze this kid been playing when he was 19 he made this team. Most players play in the ahl at 20 to learn things like defense. He s spent the last couple years learning this in the nhl which as limited his mins. He has made progress in his defense to me this year and it shows as he was a plus this year. Hes also tied his points in helf the games. Again to me thats shows progress. What more can you expect with amoung the least mins again. To me there were alot worse players king nolan fraser ( richardson when he was hear) penner all come to mind
Corrected.

Old
07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Corrected.
Close enuff lol ok i was close for off the top of my head

Old
07-24-2013, 12:13 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Consider this for a second....

There is the *possibility* that Clifford has received a QO that he likes and is trying to give the Kings the time/ability to match it (or get close to it) or he will have to sign it. It takes time for these things to work out and every day that Clifford remains a King is another day closer to our being able to keep him but in the end he has a solid offer that might just be too rich for our blood.

And that doesn't have to be all too much either. 3yrs at $2.2m would get it done or so it has been said.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Consider this for a second....

There is the *possibility* that Clifford has received a QO that he likes and is trying to give the Kings the time/ability to match it (or get close to it) or he will have to sign it. It takes time for these things to work out and every day that Clifford remains a King is another day closer to our being able to keep him but in the end he has a solid offer that might just be too rich for our blood.

And that doesn't have to be all too much either. 3yrs at $2.2m would get it done or so it has been said.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Johnny Utah

King and Nolan are both 24. Clifford is still only 22. He has shown signs that he capable of playing more than either of those guys. Nolan looks like he is a 4th line player, King barely is proving he is a main stay on the 3rd line.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:25 PM
kings11

Frattin - Richards - Carter

King - Stoll - Toffoli

Clifford - Andreoff - Lewis

also any truth to reports that stoll still hasnt been cleared for any type of physical activities and if so what are the odds he misses time and who replaces him??

Old
07-24-2013, 05:50 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post

also any truth to reports that stoll still hasnt been cleared for any type of physical activities and if so what are the odds he misses time and who replaces him??
In all likelihood, Trevor Lewis would fill in for Stoll, should it come down to it.

Old
07-24-2013, 06:09 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
In all likelihood, Trevor Lewis would fill in for Stoll, should it come down to it.
Yep. If Stoll is out, I'd expect:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Frattin-Richards-Carter
King-Lewis-Toffoli
Clifford/Carcillo-Fras-Nolan

And then maybe Andreoff on that 4th line if he DOES make the team. But that's the top 9 we should expect without Stoll.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:30 PM
KingCanadain1976

ok for thoses non clifford fans i was looking up most hits in the league and found out clifford was in a tie with cal clutterbuck for 9th in the entire nhl. This is a stat that screams kings hockey to me. By tradeing him u take out alot of the phyiscal play he brings. http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/pl...sive/sort/hits

Old
07-24-2013, 11:33 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Just out of curiousity how many hits/place did Fraser have?

Old
07-24-2013, 11:48 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Just out of curiousity how many hits/place did Fraser have?
he hAD 71 hits tied 154

Old
07-25-2013, 12:07 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

We need Clifford. Being able to roll a 4th line that can play 8 minutes a game gives us a great physical advantage over most other teams.

Old
07-25-2013, 12:44 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
he hAD 71 hits tied 154
Wow that's crap. Lewis has more hits then Fraser. What a joke.

Old
07-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Wow that's crap. Lewis has more hits then Fraser. What a joke.
Since when do the Kings care if Fraser can hit? He's good at what he does. Lets leave it at that.

Old
07-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Just when you think it couldn't get worse.

Old
07-25-2013, 12:57 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Since when do the Kings care if Fraser can hit? He's good at what he does. Lets leave it at that.
What does he do that's exactly good? He's below average or average in his role. 4th line center, energy line. Kings should care if Fraser can hit, he brings little to nothing to the table. And as a 4th C playing the energy line, that's pretty crappy.

Closed Thread