HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Today Was A Good Day

Old
06-26-2013, 02:06 AM
ReLyT

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Today Was A Good Day

Today was a good day and I have to share it on here.

Woke up with perma smile on my face even though I was dead tired. Partied until 4/5am and then woke up at 9am for work. No question what I'd wear today.

Threw on my game used David Bolland #91 London Knights jersey. Hawks hat and off to work I went. During my walk, I had a ton (over 6) cars honk and yell at me. "Go Bolland" "Go Blackhawks" "F Right" I always cheered back at the cars driving by me.

I get to work (at a University here in London) and got 3 high fives and a manly handshake from an older gentleman. I was running a bit late, but I talked to the gentleman for a bit too long. Was late for work, but they didnt mind. They were all happy for me.

Work goes by, is what it is.

Leave work and it went to a whole nother level. Again numerous honks and random screams. Many I couldnt decipher. Then a jeep passes me honks a bunch of times. They then pull onto the next street infront of me on my walk. SCREECH to a halt. Two guys my age in red Hawks uni's jump out and run towards me. Run-jump high five with the faster of the duo. Almost like it was planned (probably looked so awkward to anyone else)

We then stood there cheering for a few seconds. Then we chatted Hawks for like 15 minutes. All while their car is illegally parked, and one door open. Eventually get home tired as hell, but didnt care.

Today was a good day.

Last edited by spiny norman: 06-26-2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: fixed youtube, replaced with clean version
ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:14 PM
senatorsburly

That sounds awesome, i remember when me and my gf went out for dinner after we saw game 3 in Ottawa all the servers were saying congrats on the big win, and all the sens fan were cheering. Even the barteneder game me props even though he said he was a die hard habs fan. Not quite on the same level as your story but thought id comment lol. The university you spoke of, is that fanshawe?

senatorsburly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Nothing's better than having your jersey cheered on by random strangers. Gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:30 PM
IME

vCash: 953
damn there are a lot of hawk fans in London, ON. Very suspicious if you ask me

IME is offline   Reply With Quote