HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Which players around the NHL are the most overrated players?

Old
06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
GenericFan2*

vCash: 500
Karlsson and Gagner.

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Rendole

Bernier.

Rendole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

Stastny

Diatomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:39 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Tavares
Voracek
Subban
Cowen/Conacher
Statsny
Landeskog

Off the top of my head.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:40 PM
waldo17

carey price

waldo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

The Edmonton Oilers.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:46 PM
slappipappi

For those mentioning Toews, it's no wonder your teams didn't win the Stanley Cup.

Regardless of who scored what and when, Chicago wins because of Toews. He's their leader.

You saw him be the best player in the world at the 2010 Olympics at the age of 21.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Sparksrus3

Tavares is a one man band. Moulson,parenteau,Boyes, Sim,Schremp,Comeau,Rolston these are what he has had to work with for the most part. With a few of these flea market finds left off this list.Okposo and Bailey have had success but those 2 with Frans nielson is often our best line.JT needs a player to help make him better,he can't create all the time for everything he gets.Every Lone Ranger needs a Tonto, Every Batman needs his Robin. All our Superman has is Lois Lane

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:55 PM
topchowda

Eberle
Tavares
Gardiner

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Crosby (I think he is a top-3 player in the world, I think he is often times the best in the world, but the way how he is viewed as the undisputed best is a little misplaced IMO).

Tavares (I love Tavares. And I think he is a top-8 center in the NHL. BUT, people are already putting him up there with guys like Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, etc. Which I don't get. He hasn't gotten there yet).

Price (At the start of every season he is viewed as a top goaltender in the NHL, up there with guys like Lundqvist, Rinne, etc. He's a solid starting goaltender, but he hasn't shown that he is "elite").

Letang (I don't view him as a top-3 defense man in the NHL. I don't think he's elite. And I didn't quite understand his Norris recognition. I think he is a top-10 to top-15 defense man, but he isn't up there with guys like Weber, Chara, Suter, etc.).

Kadri (A lot of Leafs fans on here already compare him to elite players, I'm not sure if it's in good fun or if they seriously believe he's already amongst the best of the best in the NHL).

In terms of most underrated; I think Spezza is criminally underrated. I think Moulson is vastly underrated. People think he's a complete product of Tavares, and he's actually a very good forward who will never get his recognition. Then there are a ton of other players, but there are too many to name.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
The Edmonton Oilers.
....no

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:56 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Chara...

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:57 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

John Tavares
Jonathan Toews
Logan Couture
Carey Price
Rick Nash
James Neal
Zdeno Chara
Zach Parise
PK Subban

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Kershaw

Rick Nash and Ryan Callahan

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
Tavares is a one man band. Moulson,parenteau,Boyes, Sim,Schremp,Comeau,Rolston these are what he has had to work with for the most part. With a few of these flea market finds left off this list.Okposo and Bailey have had success but those 2 with Frans nielson is often our best line.JT needs a player to help make him better,he can't create all the time for everything he gets.Every Lone Ranger needs a Tonto, Every Batman needs his Robin. All our Superman has is Lois Lane
These guys aren't bad players. This is what I don't get. Whose to say if they replace Moulson on the Islanders with Player X that he will automatically be a 30-35 goal scorer EVERY season w/ Tavares? I don't think people realize how hard it is to score 30+ goals in this league on an annual basis.

Secondly, Parenteau was just seen as a passenger getting 67 points on the Islanders. Then, he goes to the Avalanche, and puts up 43 points in 48 games (tied with Duchene for the team lead in points and lead the team in goals). Isn't it possible that PAP is more than a bush league player that some make him out to be. Isn't it possible, he actually is a solid offensive forward?

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Chara...
This. After the playoffs all of a sudden he's the best d-man in the NHL.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:00 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
This. After the playoffs all of a sudden he's the best d-man in the NHL.
He was on for most of the goals against the Hawks. His age is catching up to him fast.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:09 PM
jughead42

Nazem Kadri. There's people on the Leafs board who think he's worth 4.5 million over 6 years as an RFA coming out of his entry level deal. The guy played 3 years of pro hockey, and has about 35 decent games under his belt but they are calling him a star for that. A star! He's not just a young player who's finally earned a job, no Nazem Kadri is a star who needs to be locked up to a long term deal before anybody throws an offer sheet at him. It makes me question the sanity of my fellow Leaf fans. He's had what, about 1/3 of a seasons worth of quality NHL games under his belt? Shine up the Hart, it's all Nazem's. Most overrated player in the history of anything.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:20 PM
skillhockey

Anyone whose is excused by intangibles.

skillhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Sparksrus3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
These guys aren't bad players. This is what I don't get. Whose to say if they replace Moulson on the Islanders with Player X that he will automatically be a 30-35 goal scorer EVERY season w/ Tavares? I don't think people realize how hard it is to score 30+ goals in this league on an annual basis.

Secondly, Parenteau was just seen as a passenger getting 67 points on the Islanders. Then, he goes to the Avalanche, and puts up 43 points in 48 games (tied with Duchene for the team lead in points and lead the team in goals). Isn't it possible that PAP is more than a bush league player that some make him out to be. Isn't it possible, he actually is a solid offensive forward?
I called them flea market finds because that is exactly here we got them from.I also would like to know which of these players has done anything to make JT a better player. Moulson is like Mark Parrish.opportunistic but makes nobody better. PA could carry the puck and I wanted to keep him but he wanted something we don't have (money). Boyes is just a waste . Back to JT being overrated .He brings it every shift every game, and signed a team friendly contract ,so overpayed no.

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Bieber fever

Letang
Pietrangelo
Price
Bernier

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:24 PM
illpucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
He was on for most of the goals against the Hawks. His age is catching up to him fast.
He played most of that series(SCF) injured according to Julien. Not being 100% ≠ aging fast

illpucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Lot of the Sens. Like Cowen, Lehner, Silvferberg, Turris, Weircioch.
Their fans make it seem like they all have 9A upside.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Whose to say if they replace Moulson on the Islanders with Player X that he will automatically be a 30-35 goal scorer EVERY season w/ Tavares? I don't think people realize how hard it is to score 30+ goals in this league on an annual basis.
Matt is good at what he does. Standing in front of the net, taking a beating and looking for rebounds/deflections. He's not a play maker, doesn't really dig in the corners, isn't physical, doesn't play defense and he's not good at gaining the zone. IE: He should do well with most line mates, but he's not going to make any line/line mate better. Away from Tavares, I'd expect a bit of a decline in his numbers.... maybe not much, but a decline none the less.

Quote:
PaP is a great story, the first couple years he was on LI he was pretty bad.... a lot worse than his numbers showed. He was constantly out of position to the point where he would bump into his line mates in all three zones. He was always a good passer, and always had good vision and skill. I think all he needed was a chance, some coaching and experience. I believe if you polled Islander fans, it would be split on whether or not they feel he should have been re-signed. I'm in the camp that is happy for him, but think it was time to move on.

It's funny though, that every time these players get brought up.... no one talks about the resurgence of Brad Boyes playing on Tavares' wing.

JT flat out makes his team mates better. Once that spot on his RW is finally filled for the long term, people will see this kids real potential. I think he's just scratching the surface, and this is a kid that was on pace for 50 goals this year (if it were a full season) and already posted 50 assists last year. He gets better and better every offseason.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
Rick Nash for sure.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote