HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Horrible rumor from Hacksaw on 1090

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2013, 09:48 PM
  #51
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Love Iginla. So, the rumor isn't THAT horrible.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:06 PM
  #52
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Love Iginla. So, the rumor isn't THAT horrible.
I totally agree with this althou I can't see us being able to afford him.,

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:08 PM
  #53
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
I do a pretty fair Smacksaw impression....
When I still lived out there I had called in to Steve Mason's show one morning to complain about something and while I was waiting to go on the producer mentioned that Hacksaw was on vacation and asked me if I wanted to do "One Fan's Opinion," a play on Lee's "One Man's opinion" segments that ran on Mason in the Morning. So when I went on I told Mason that I could do the voice, so I did a bit off the cuff and had Mason and Dan the Fan cracking up. I actually did the segment every day that week. It was pretty fun.
You just spent 30 seconds reading about my 15 minutes, and you will never see that 30 seconds again
dammit

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:30 PM
  #54
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I totally agree with this althou I can't see us being able to afford him.,
Yeah, I don't see it either. But, Dean can do magic when need be. I won't be upset if the Kings didn't get him though.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:37 PM
  #55
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream
 
THEKingsFanInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
dammit
I could have warned you ahead of time but what fun would that have been?

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  #56
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Yeah, I don't see it either. But, Dean can do magic when need be. I won't be upset if the Kings didn't get him though.
The only way i see it happening is if he does a Paul Kariya like thing and sign for like a million one year sorta thing. Go houdinni I mean Dean

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:08 AM
  #57
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Not sure why the rumor would be so hard to believe??? It's pretty much a given that Lombardi's going to make some sort of bid for Iginla. Not sure why so many of you are surprised...

The cap shouldn't be a problem either assuming DL trades some assets to free up space and Iginla being flexible on the price.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:15 AM
  #58
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,370
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Not sure why the rumor would be so hard to believe??? It's pretty much a given that Lombardi's going to make some sort of bid for Iginla. Not sure why so many of you are surprised...

The cap shouldn't be a problem either assuming DL trades some assets to free up space and Iginla being flexible on the price.
It's not hard to believe that Dean would be interested in him or give his agent a call, but it is hard to believe Dean would be so interested that he would give Stoll and Scuderi/Mitchell the boot in favor of signing Iginla. Can't see a center and a top 4 defenseman being worth losing for a winger in Dean's book.

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:21 AM
  #59
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
It's not hard to believe that Dean would be interested in him or give his agent a call, but it is hard to believe Dean would be so interested that he would give Stoll and Scuderi/Mitchell the boot in favor of signing Iginla. Can't see a center and a top 4 defenseman being worth losing for a winger in Dean's book.
I do. I don't think Stoll is as untouchable as many of you guys want to believe. And as for Scuds, we're already pretty deep on defense, ESPECIALLY if Mitchell comes back, so, Scuds to me is pretty much irrelevant. We need a scorer and Iginla is that. My only concern is that he's a RW and I was under the impression that if there was a RW position open, it would be for Toffoli. In any case, there's always room for an Iginla imo.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:22 AM
  #60
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,402
vCash: 500
Sutter and Lombardi have both said that they had a season long problem on the lack of production from their left wings, they have said this for the past two seasons. So they will go out and sign a right wing to fix that problem? It doesn't add up.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:27 AM
  #61
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Sutter and Lombardi have both said that they had a season long problem on the lack of production from their left wings, they have said this for the past two seasons. So they will go out and sign a right wing to fix that problem? It doesn't add up.
It adds up in my book:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Frattin-Carter-Iginla
Holloway-Richards-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:28 AM
  #62
HolyShot*
Sniper
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
No no no. This should be the roster.

Williams - kopitar - toffoli
Frattin - richards - carter
Brown - stoll - lewis
Clifford - fraser - nolan

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:30 AM
  #63
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,370
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We do have a longstanding tradition forming of forcing right wings into left wing slots It seems like every time we get a talented winger, they are a right wing.

Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:31 AM
  #64
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
It adds up in my book:

Brown-Kopi-Williams
Frattin-Carter-Iginla
Holloway-Richards-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan
Holloway isn't signed yet. Stoll is still on the roster, as are King and Fraser. How do you figure to get rid of them?

And how much do you figure Iginla will sign for to fit him in? That's another reason why I don't see the Kings signing him.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:43 AM
  #65
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Holloway isn't signed yet. Stoll is still on the roster, as are King and Fraser. How do you figure to get rid of them?

And how much do you figure Iginla will sign for to fit him in? That's another reason why I don't see the Kings signing him.
A guy like Iginla will take less to sign with his former coach and a team like the kings who are contenders. And the fact that calgary is in our conference makes it that much more inviting. So, yeah, I'm not at all concerned about the cap.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:53 AM
  #66
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman47 View Post
No no no. This should be the roster.

Williams - kopitar - toffoli
Frattin - richards - carter
Brown - stoll - lewis
Clifford - fraser - nolan
Williams is not a LW, and then you turn around and put Dustin Brown, who scored at a 30+ goal pace (without a ton of pp time) with offensive black holes Lewis and Stoll?

Look, I want a balanced roster with three capable lines as much as anyone here, but we will not achieve that with Stoll centering one of those lines. So if Stoll is centering a 3rd line you may as well go all-in with the top 2 lines and roll with a bottom 6 that can hopefully cycle the puck and provide done toughness. The fact remains, no one here has been as to come up with a roster that could beat Chicago without splitting up Carter and Richards.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:05 AM
  #67
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,823
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Williams is not a LW, and then you turn around and put Dustin Brown, who scored at a 30+ goal pace (without a ton of pp time) with offensive black holes Lewis and Stoll?

Look, I want a balanced roster with three capable lines as much as anyone here, but we will not achieve that with Stoll centering one of those lines. So if Stoll is centering a 3rd line you may as well go all-in with the top 2 lines and roll with a bottom 6 that can hopefully cycle the puck and provide done toughness. The fact remains, no one here has been as to come up with a roster that could beat Chicago without splitting up Carter and Richards.
I believe he also wants to trade Dustin Brown, so there's your answer.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:07 AM
  #68
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I believe he also wants to trade Dustin Brown, so there's your answer.
He's just some bandwagoner who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:12 AM
  #69
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Williams is not a LW, and then you turn around and put Dustin Brown, who scored at a 30+ goal pace (without a ton of pp time) with offensive black holes Lewis and Stoll?

Look, I want a balanced roster with three capable lines as much as anyone here, but we will not achieve that with Stoll centering one of those lines. So if Stoll is centering a 3rd line you may as well go all-in with the top 2 lines and roll with a bottom 6 that can hopefully cycle the puck and provide done toughness. The fact remains, no one here has been as to come up with a roster that could beat Chicago without splitting up Carter and Richards.
How is putting Brown with Stoll any different then your idea of putting Richards with Lewis/King...

And the past Kings roster could have beat the Hawks... if they had a first line. They didn't so they lost. Plus the Hawks will lose their top playoff goal scorer this summer. (or second highest can't remember)

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:18 AM
  #70
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 7,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
He said the Kings are going to go hard after Iginla on 7/5.


My question: With what cap room?


Nevertheles, it's Hacksaw
That guy is still alive?

I stopped listening to him in 1996.

__________________
Ron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:38 AM
  #71
Reclamation Project
#BeatLA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,823
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
He's just some bandwagoner who doesn't know what he's talking about.
He certainly posts some rather "unique" things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
That guy is still alive?

I stopped listening to him in 1996.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:42 AM
  #72
Whiskeypete
Registered User
 
Whiskeypete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: stuck in the middle
Country: United States
Posts: 2,381
vCash: 500
Iginla needs to retire so you guys with your man-crush for him stop getting hard

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:43 AM
  #73
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 20,590
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
That guy is still alive?

I stopped listening to him in 1996.
You've been missing out man.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:16 AM
  #74
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,553
vCash: 500
Iginla is basically done. Why sign a guy like this when you can get decent production from a player with a less expensive contract.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 10:49 AM
  #75
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,419
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Iginla is basically done. Why sign a guy like this when you can get decent production from a player with a less expensive contract.
Thats a pretty important part of the equation. Iginla has taken some big steps back the last couple of years. Could have been that the condensed schedule was tougher on physical players or he could just be getting old, which happens to all athletes. The problem we have now is a lot of pros have taken PED's so the clock can be reset and instead of falling off a cliff they can either maintain a plateau or even increase their stats. All naturally your stats will follow the common bell curve and Iginla is on the downside of that curve. Would he fit in LA? His style, his connection to Sutter, his work ethic and his desire to win a Cup say yes. His cap hit, the Kings current roster and last years play say no. And Iginla's agent has to be pushing for the one last big money deal which won't come from LA.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.