HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov signs 3 year, $9.85M extension $3.283M AAV

Old
06-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I'll try to clear up my argument. There are some if's in this argument, but I'd like you to at least know what I'm thinking in terms of stats so you don't assume this is homerism.

Arty played 35 games at 13 minutes of even strength ice time per game. Combined with a 2.35 points /per 60 minutes,
13*35*2.35/60=18 points.

If you take Arty off PK and give him 16 minutes of evens per game, and he plays 80 games,
16*80*2.35/60=50 points

That's 50 points at even strength. 50 points at even strength should put him well within the top 30 in the league, much less the top 90 which is the best marker for first line scoring. You can be less charitable and say only 15 minutes of evens per game, and have his 2.35/60 regress back to his 2.00/60 of previous seasons. That's still 40 points, which is borderline top 90.

Health is an if, and so is him maintaining that high points/60, but his career numbers are very positive in both regards. And the coach, in addition to giving him minutes less per game than RJ Umberger (!), had him starting most of the time in his own zone. Player's scoring improves quite a bit when they start more often in the offensive zone.

Edit: Just noticed your "30 minute prod" comment. I prefer p/60 at evens to get rid of the bias against penalty killers. And I don't have a good sense of prod around the leauge, but even so Arty's prod has to be pretty damn good. Where does it stack up on the team and leaguewide? Borderline top-6 is 180th in the league, and Arty can't be that low.
Great Post. Just want to add a few things.

Over the past 3 seasons, AA has the following p/60 5vs5 rank on his teams:

2012-13 2.35 #1
2011-12 1.72 #4
2010-11 1.98 #5

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...+7+17+18+19+20

He has been a legit top 6 forward over the past 3 seasons based on his even strength production.

AA gets very few of his points on the power play because he rarely plays on it. Last season he got one, yes one, point on the PP. AA has gotten roughly 10% of his points on the PP over the past 4 seasons. In comparison, Derek Brassard has scored almost 35% of his points on the PP during that same time frame.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...73&view=splits

Asinimov ranked 38th in the entire league this past season (30 GP min.) in points produced at 5 vs. 5 It would take one hell of an argument to claim that the guy is not a top 6 player.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...8+19+20#snip=f

In goals scored per 60 minutes at even strength, AA produced at 10th in the league. That's ahead of Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

Based on stats which give a more complete picture of a player than the aggregate stats most of us use as reference points, Asinimov is not only a bonifide top 6 player, but one who is being paid a very reasonable salary for his productivity level.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 06-29-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:18 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Great Post. Just want to add a few things.

Over the past 3 seasons, AA has the following p/60 5vs5 rank on his teams:

2012-13 2.35 #1
2011-12 1.72 #4
2010-11 1.98 #5

He has been a legit top 6 forward over the past 3 seasons based on his even strength production.

AA gets very few of his points on the power play because he rarely plays on it. Last season he got one, yes one, point on the PP. AA has gotten roughly 10% of his points on the PP over the past 4 seasons. In comparison, Derek Brassard has scored almost 35% of his points on the PP during that same time frame.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...73&view=splits

Asinimov ranked 38th in the entire league this past season (30 GP min.) in points produced at 5 vs. 5 It would take one hell of an argument to claim that the guy is not a top 6 player.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...8+19+20#snip=f

In goals scored per 60 minutes at even strength, AA produced at 10th in the league. That's ahead of Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

Based on stats which give a more complete picture of a player than the aggregate stats most of us use as reference points, Asinimov is not only a bonifide top 6 player, but one who is being paid a very reasonable salary for his productivity level.
Based on this I'd hope Coach Richards moves Arty off the penalty kill (Calvert, RJ, D-Mac, Letestu and Duby are all more than capable) and gives him a couple extra minutes of 5 on 5's. He started the year giving Arty low minutes and gradually increased them, but it still wasn't enough at the end of the year.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Based on this I'd hope Coach Richards moves Arty off the penalty kill (Calvert, RJ, D-Mac, Letestu and Duby are all more than capable) and gives him a couple extra minutes of 5 on 5's. He started the year giving Arty low minutes and gradually increased them, but it still wasn't enough at the end of the year.
Unless there are dramatic changes to the forward roster between now and opening night, I think that Richards will give AA more 5v5 minutes and a lot more PP time. On a team which needs to optimize its scoring capabilities, it would seem that these adjustments would be no brainers.

However, it is also a no brainer that #18 will be given far too many minutes at 5v5 and on the PP before these adjustments will be made

Old
06-30-2013, 07:49 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Unless there are dramatic changes to the forward roster between now and opening night, I think that Richards will give AA more 5v5 minutes and a lot more PP time. On a team which needs to optimize its scoring capabilities, it would seem that these adjustments would be no brainers.

However, it is also a no brainer that #18 will be given far too many minutes at 5v5 and on the PP before these adjustments will be made
Waiting for Viqsi to make correction before commenting.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 10:55 AM
stevo61

Quote:

The only thing is AA has a terrible history on the PP. Ofcourse it would be nice to see him actually get a chance this year

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Waiting for Viqsi to make correction before commenting.