HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Avalounge: So at last we meet for the first time for the last time

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2013, 08:36 PM
  #901
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 50
Drinking any pop is nasty, I haven't drunk one in nearly 2 years and when I was sick last winter I had some Ginger Ale and I could taste the separate ingredients; sugar, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup. Coffee is just a bunch of empty calories that make your teeth yellow. I was in the "Arizona Tea" movement throughout highschool, but that stuff is even too sweet for me now. Currently Arnold Palmer's (with unsweetened ice tea) and tea with a teaspoon of honey is where it's at.

Also my new favourite song
http://vimeo.com/35748893

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Now, SHE looks like a fish. Not Carly.
She looks like the Polish version of Lady Gaga, no go bro. But good song.

S E P H is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 08:37 PM
  #902
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 50
Just went boating.

I AM TOASTED

Rhaego is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
  #903
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Drinking any pop is nasty, I haven't drunk one in nearly 2 years and when I was sick last winter I had some Ginger Ale and I could taste separate ingredients; sugar, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup. Coffee is just a bunch of empty calories that make your teeth yellow. I was in the "Arizona Tea" movement, but that stuff is even too sweet for me now. Currently Arnold Palmer's and tea with a teaspoon of honey is where it's at.

Also my new favourite song
http://vimeo.com/35748893
Now, SHE looks like a fish. Not Carly.

JWK is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
  #904
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Mr.Pibb >>>>>>>>>>>> Dr.Pepper
Mr. Pibb + red vines = crazy delicious

Flanagan is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 08:51 PM
  #905
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
S E P H, you say "pop"?

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 08:54 PM
  #906
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,538
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Drinking any pop is nasty, I haven't drunk one in nearly 2 years and when I was sick last winter I had some Ginger Ale and I could taste the separate ingredients; sugar, carbonated water, and high fructose corn syrup. Coffee is just a bunch of empty calories that make your teeth yellow. I was in the "Arizona Tea" movement throughout highschool, but that stuff is even too sweet for me now. Currently Arnold Palmer's (with unsweetened ice tea) and tea with a teaspoon of honey is where it's at.

Also my new favourite song
http://vimeo.com/35748893



She looks like the Polish version of Lady Gaga, no go bro. But good song.
I drink way to much pop (although I have cut down?)

Seph I've never had mcdonalds (other than fries/ice cream) on rare occasions. Are you proud of me?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:00 PM
  #907
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Wait D2M you say "pop" too?

What is going on...

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:02 PM
  #908
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,538
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Wait D2M you say "pop" too?

What is going on...
What's wrong with saying pop?

Also LVL 53 in candy crush sucks the way the chocolate spreads is friggen annoying.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:03 PM
  #909
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
S E P H, you say "pop"?
Actually at my old job in retail I called soda, "pop" and this one customer got pretty pissed and corrected me. Even after that day I keep calling it both pop and soda, don't really care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
I drink way to much pop (although I have cut down?)

Seph I've never had mcdonalds (other than fries/ice cream) on rare occasions. Are you proud of me?
For every pop you drink D2M that will be 50 laps around the whole city of Ottawa for you.

Their chips are freakin amazing at McDonald's-greasy and full of sodium, but amazing. I am proud of you, but does that go for every fast food joint? Do you guys have Chipotle's up there?

S E P H is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:03 PM
  #910
Flanagan
Registered Loser
 
Flanagan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Wait D2M you say "pop" too?

What is going on...
What do you call it?

Flanagan is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:04 PM
  #911
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 157
I call it soda, you guys are weird

JWK is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:09 PM
  #912
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,972
vCash: 645
I think Dr. Pepper is disgusting and I also call it "pop".

Hey look, another thunderstorm in Edmonton. Shocking! Almost got into an accident yesterday because stupid people stopped under the overpass to protect themselves from the hail. There was no room for some of them to pull over so they just came to a complete stop in the right lane.

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:10 PM
  #913
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Soda, not that it makes a big difference. I just didn't expect it At least nobody's saying "cola" heh. That would be weird.

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:12 PM
  #914
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,538
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Actually at my old job in retail I called soda, "pop" and this one customer got pretty pissed and corrected me. Even after that day I keep calling it both pop and soda, don't really care.


For every pop you drink D2M that will be 50 laps around the whole city of Ottawa for you.

Their chips are freakin amazing at McDonald's-greasy and full of sodium, but amazing. I am proud of you, but does that go for every fast food joint? Do you guys have Chipotle's up there?
I know it's bad but I just can't help my self sometimes. As I said tho I've cut down a significant amount.

Chips? Yeah, pretty much every fast food joint. Unless, you count subway fast food in which case I have that about once/twice a week.

What's chipotle's? Also didn't you live in Canada before?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:13 PM
  #915
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,972
vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Soda, not that it makes a big difference. I just didn't expect it At least nobody's saying "cola" heh. That would be weird.
Maybe a Canadian/American thing? Pretty much every restaurant I've been to says "pop" or "soft drink"

Avs_19 is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:18 PM
  #916
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 12,663
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
They had a great idea in Québec . Not long ago, they decided to finally introduce us to dr.pepper. That soft drink wasnt available to us b4 and i drank my first one today .

Holy ****** of *** , that **** is nasty !! How on earth are you able to drink that ?
To me, Dr Pepper tastes like carbonated prune juice. Hate the stuff.

PS...I call it "soda".

__________________
Call for the Priest, I'm Dying!
Bubba Thudd is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:19 PM
  #917
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
I know it's bad but I just can't help my self sometimes. As I said tho I've cut down a significant amount.

Chips? Yeah, pretty much every fast food joint. Unless, you count subway fast food in which case I have that about once/twice a week.

What's chipotle's? Also didn't you live in Canada before?
England's English > North American English

Lived? I played two seasons of junior hockey in Canada, Timmy Horton's BLT bro and Chicken Noodle Soup. Yeah I don't go to any fast food restaurant besides Chick-fil-a and Arby's occasionally. I go to the higher end which I discussion below.

For some reason the Subway's in Canada are way better than down here in the states. I noticed more quality ingredients than grade F chicken I keep on getting in Colorado. Also Ketchup flavoured crisps are amazing as well, sadly we don't have those in the states.

One thing I never noticed in Canada was Mexican food and that is what Chipotle's is. Picture a Mexican version of Noodle's n Company or Tokyo Joe, you gotta have that in Ottawa?

S E P H is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:37 PM
  #918
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 157



Simple version

JWK is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:37 PM
  #919
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,012
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Soda, not that it makes a big difference. I just didn't expect it At least nobody's saying "cola" heh. That would be weird.
Give me a Liter-O-Cola.

*Farva*

__________________


Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
RockLobster is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:41 PM
  #920
FrostyBear21
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post



Simple version
Have lived in the "call it 'coke'" region most of my life. Still call it soda.

I am apparently a northerner at heart.

FrostyBear21 is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:44 PM
  #921
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
That's weird. I grew up in "pop" region, went to school in "pop" region, currently live in "coke" region, and call it "soda"

Most restaurants I've seen call them "soft drinks."

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:45 PM
  #922
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Give me a Liter-O-Cola.

*Farva*
I don't want a large Farva; I want a ******* literocola!

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:56 PM
  #923
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,538
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
England's English > North American English

Lived? I played two seasons of junior hockey in Canada, Timmy Horton's BLT bro and Chicken Noodle Soup. Yeah I don't go to any fast food restaurant besides Chick-fil-a and Arby's occasionally. I go to the higher end which I discussion below.

For some reason the Subway's in Canada are way better than down here in the states. I noticed more quality ingredients than grade F chicken I keep on getting in Colorado. Also Ketchup flavoured crisps are amazing as well, sadly we don't have those in the states.

One thing I never noticed in Canada was Mexican food and that is what Chipotle's is. Picture a Mexican version of Noodle's n Company or Tokyo Joe, you gotta have that in Ottawa?
Nope no chipotle's here.

Huh so, you're not Canadian? Your parents are French Canadian tho right? What do you consider yourself?

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
07-20-2013, 10:00 PM
  #924
FrostyBear21
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
That's weird. I grew up in "pop" region, went to school in "pop" region, currently live in "coke" region, and call it "soda"

Most restaurants I've seen call them "soft drinks."
That'd be the politically correct version, I suppose.

Much prefer soda though. Barq's Root Beer is the best IMO.

FrostyBear21 is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 10:14 PM
  #925
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2MacKinnon View Post
Nope no chipotle's here.

Huh so, you're not Canadian? Your parents are French Canadian tho right? What do you consider yourself?
Lived in Canada, but not Canadian, 100% Polish, Polish.

What about you D2M, Argentinian?

S E P H is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.