HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If your team wins the Draft LOttery, would you trade Crosby?

Closed Thread

Old
06-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
WHAT?!??!?!?!

2nd overall + Ruutu or Arnason ...for 1st overall ...so you move 1 spot and want Ruutu and Arnason
Arnason and Sutter have their problems, so I included him. But, it's more of a jump than you think. For a team like Chicago, it's the difference between Crosby and Brule or Pouliot. That's quite a difference IMO. 2nd overall+just Ruutu would probably work for me, though.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:17 PM
mercury

I don't know, man. Bobby Ryan to Sidney Crosby would be considered a pretty huge jump by most observers, and I would imagine Clarkie would try to bend that 2nd or 3rd overall team over a barrel. Considering some of the insane proposals that people have thrown to get the 1st overall, I don't think the 2nd overall, Calder, Barker, and a 2nd is THAT outlandish. A hefty price to pay, but not highway robbery for a team that would still have Ruutu, Seabrook, Babchuk, Bell, etc., and would be adding the hottest prospect since Lindros. If Chicago's owner would open the wallet a little more, that team would be well on its way.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:21 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury
I don't know, man. Bobby Ryan to Sidney Crosby would be considered a pretty huge jump by most observers, and I would imagine Clarkie would try to bend that 2nd or 3rd overall team over a barrel. Considering some of the insane proposals that people have thrown to get the 1st overall, I don't think the 2nd overall, Calder, Barker, and a 2nd is THAT outlandish. A hefty price to pay, but not highway robbery for a team that would still have Ruutu, Seabrook, Babchuk, Bell, etc., and would be adding the hottest prospect since Lindros. If Chicago's owner would open the wallet a little more, that team would be well on its way.
If that pick were anything lower than top 3-5 overall it would make sense, but other than that that's too big of a price to pay to jump from a guy like Johnson, Brule, Ryan to Crosby IMO.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Sens4Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey
Ottawa might be inclined to trade him for a Luongo.

but then again, Crosby and Hossa together...
I'd have to agree that the only way Ottawa would trade Crosby would be for a franchise goalie but that's very unlikely, as Luongo or Brodeur types don't became available often.

Also for Ottawa, as we saw in the WJC, Crosby plays very well at left wing, which would be a huge bonus for Ottawa, as they have lots of centers, but not many solid left wingers. I think it's silly to think that any team would not play him immediately if they drafted him, I mean even if he wasn't a huge producer, he's a marketers dream, and for a Canadian team he'd likely mean selling out your arena every night.

But for the sake of speculation, here's a package I believe Ottawa would accept for Crosby.

To Ottawa:Andrew Ladd, Jeff O'Neill, 3 future 1st round picks

To Carolina: Sidney Crosby

Old
06-04-2005, 08:25 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

I'd offer this from MTL, I would expect some kind of consideration by some teams but would be suprise to see any team trading Crosby(I know I wound'nt ):

C-M.Ribeiro
LW-M.Hossa
RW-A.Perezhogin
C-T.Plekanec
LW/RW-A.Kostitsyn
LD-R.Hainsey
1st round pick'05 (whatever that would be-I guess we can say that the offer would differ depending on our position)
1st round pick'06
2nd round pick'06

Other players could be added like Sundstrom, Ward, Huet(could see a team like CLB have interest in a solid n2 goalie).

Old
06-04-2005, 08:26 PM
mercury

Well, what would it cost another team, hypothetically, to acquire the #1 overall if they had the 2nd or 3rd?

Old
06-04-2005, 08:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL
I'd offer this from MTL, I would expect some kind of consideration by some teams but would be suprise to see any team trading Crosby(I know I wound'nt ):

C-M.Ribeiro
LW-M.Hossa
RW-A.Perezhogin
C-T.Plekanec
LW/RW-A.Kostitsyn
LD-R.Hainsey
1st round pick'05 (whatever that would be-I guess we can say that the offer would differ depending on our position)
1st round pick'06
2nd round pick'06

Other players could be added like Sundstrom, Ward, Huet(could see a team like CLB have interest in a solid n2 goalie).
so you'd basically sacrifice your entire team...for one guy who MIGHT be worth it?

yikes.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
so you'd basically sacrifice your entire team...for one guy who MIGHT be worth it?

yikes.
I would have a plan...

Old
06-04-2005, 08:35 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids

yikes.
Actually that trade wouldn't really affect the Habs NHL team since only one guy being traded is a NHL regular.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Well, what would it cost another team, hypothetically, to acquire the #1 overall if they had the 2nd or 3rd?
Probably another star. For a team like Chicago, probably Ruutu.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:41 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
That 2nd or 3rd overall plus a decent prospect or roster player and/or a pick. Not multiple prospects and an extra pick.

Detroit might offer (though they'd keep the 2nd or 3rd and run with it) Fischer and the pick. Hudler and the '05 1st and a later pick that round or the next. What you offered would possibly be able to trade up from somewhere around #10 or lower.

Then again that's my opinion. I might be seriously underestimating Crosby's value but I don't think the drop from 1st overall to 2nd or 3rd is all that great.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
From the Leafs I wouldn't trade him.

We're an older team with a lack of sure thing players.

Most of our prospects at forward are rated at best to be 2nd liners, so you damn well bet your ass we keep Crosby.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
Probably another star. For a team like Chicago, probably Ruutu.
I think any team in the league would rather have Ruutu and Johnson/Brule/Ryan/etc... than just Crosby. That's two franchise players instead of one.

Old
06-04-2005, 08:43 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Actually that trade wouldn't really affect the Habs NHL team since only one guy being traded is a NHL regular.
And would be replace by Crosby, but still, I'm kind of destroying my hole ''future'' and lots of those guys are NHL ready(all except Kost who has the best upside). I don't expect the Habs to offer this but it's all fantasy now so why not...

Old
06-04-2005, 09:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan

no, but it would strip the team of their entire prospect pool for just one player. who would play on Crosby's wing? Pierre Dagenais? I'm not a fan of selling the farm for a prospect.

Old
06-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL

C-M.Ribeiro
LW-M.Hossa
RW-A.Perezhogin
C-T.Plekanec
LW/RW-A.Kostitsyn
LD-R.Hainsey
1st round pick'06
2nd round pick'06

wow ..just wow!

Thanks for destroying the Habs for the next 5-10 yrs..what happens if Crosby bust... or what happens if he becomes injury-prone or something?

With the recent trade offers that i'm reading about Crosby, you can be sure that he would be traded if I ever got my hands on the 1st overall pick. There is no way that I would pass up some offers that I have read...

Old
06-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Unless someone absolutely blew their socks off, there is no way the Stars would trade him. Modano isnt getting any younger. Now, if a team anted to overpay Lindros-style, they might listen. Might.

Old
06-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Traitor8

Man...I sure would hope that some HFBOARDS pple would be GM's if I got the 1st overall pick ..I would keep it until i got offered:

Kovalchuk
Lehtonen
1st rounder
Healtey

There is someone out there who would do that deal!!

Old
06-04-2005, 10:07 PM
mercury

There are also people who believe they are Napoleon, talk to imaginary tree nymphs, and vote for Ralph Nader.

Old
06-04-2005, 10:18 PM
London Knights

All teams would take offers for the pick/Crosby, but you would seriously have to overpay on top of expecting return for hype. I doubt you would actually get very many offers because as much as teams would love to sink their teeth into the #1 pick, if they didn't get it, they wouldn't want to risk the type of prospect package to get him.
Personally I feel that with the new landscape of the NHL, the lottery winner would be wanting a package at the very least equivalent to the deal for Lindros. I can't think of many teams that have the assets to be willing to do that, because the teams that have the prospect depth to make that kind of deal seem to be the ones with emptier pockets on the NHL roster. Having Crosby is great, but if all you have is Crosby you aren't going to get very far. Adding to the fact that he has no guarantee of being a superstar player in the NHL aside from the fact that he has done so at every other level he has played so far. But can he handle the superior checking of the NHL if teams target him as their primary defense initiative.

As a leaf fan you would have to consider the deal. You could get a handful of bluechip prospects for Crosby because you probably would find a team willing to give up a number of solid players in hopes of getting the best player in the game. If the Leafs were offered a package of 4 solid prospects + a few high draft picks (2 firsts and 2 seconds) I would consider it, but nothing less than that.

Old
06-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Path Of The Beserker
Greasy Swede

the ruutu and 1st round chicago pick would do it for period. i REALLY like ruutu
if to boston that is

Old
06-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
I think any team in the league would rather have Ruutu and Johnson/Brule/Ryan/etc... than just Crosby. That's two franchise players instead of one.
I think a team like Chicago might trade Ruutu if they had 2nd or 3rd, along with that pick, because Crosby could really turn things around in Chi-town(in terms of fans). While Ruutu and Johnson/Brule would be franchise players on top of Ruutu, Crosby's a name they could really use.

Old
06-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller
I think a team like Chicago might trade Ruutu if they had 2nd or 3rd, along with that pick, because Crosby could really turn things around in Chi-town(in terms of fans). While Ruutu and Johnson/Brule would be franchise players on top of Ruutu, Crosby's a name they could really use.

I dunno about that..I think the fans will come out when they start winning and I think they would sell-out everyday in the playoffs and provide a lot of excitement and there's nothing better then to build around 2 franchise players then to build around only 1...not to forget that Ruutu is further ahead in developement then Crosby is at this point..

Old
06-04-2005, 11:46 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Ruutu,Barker,1st,1st and Radulov + more..you wouldn't consider it?
Why did you put Radulov in there? Keep Radulov, put Bell in his place. This is Sutter afterall.

Old
06-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
I dunno about that..I think the fans will come out when they start winning and I think they would sell-out everyday in the playoffs and provide a lot of excitement and there's nothing better then to build around 2 franchise players then to build around only 1...not to forget that Ruutu is further ahead in developement then Crosby is at this point..
Very valid points, but I think when news spreads that Chicago might have the next Gretzky, that could bring fans in alone. If I were Chicago, I might be hesistant, but I'd probably do it. But then again, that's just me.

Closed Thread