HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Offseason Thread Part V: Trade Em All!

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Josh3217

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I believe you can trade RFA rights. But the team that traded the rights away wouldn't receive compensation.
Okay thanks. So when Sather was talking to Nonis today, does anyone think it could be trade related? I really want Cody Franson, big, right handed, very hard shot, and young.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Kershaw

According to Garrioch thread on main board, Ducks asking for Coburn + 1rst for Bobby Ryan. That would be a great deal for the Flyers.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
I agree with you too, just wondering what the Flames will ask in return. But I like our chances vs. Feaster. He made Greg Sherman look like Lou Lams.
If he requested a trade which is rumored and with his salary and injury history I don't think it will be much. I think they are looking for the best way to tank at this point.

Old
nsvoyageurs

If Feaster throws in the number 6 overall pick, Camallari might be doable to me; depending on what's going the other way. Only one year left, but a hefty salary.

Would be worried about Perron with the concussions, I'd pass.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:59 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
According to Garrioch thread on main board, Ducks asking for Coburn + 1rst for Bobby Ryan. That would be a great deal for the Flyers.
Bobby Ryan is overrated. Effort is not always there.

That Flyers pick is relatively high.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Flyers get even weaker defensively. Fine with me.

06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
If he requested a trade which is rumored and with his salary and injury history I don't think it will be much. I think they are looking for the best way to tank at this point.
Agreed. I don't think Feaster is dumb enough to tank. He's gonna give absurd FA contracts with NMC/NTCs in place for guys like Bickell, Bozak and co. IMO.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:02 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Instead you're trading for an overpaid soon to be UFA who is also fairly crappy.
1 years for a crappy player is better than overpaying for a crappy player for 5-6 years...i'm grasping at straws to find a positive in why we'd trade for him lol

Old
06-27-2013, 09:02 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3217 View Post
Can you trade RFA's rights? Does that team still receive compensation if you sign that player?
Why would a team have to give compensation for re-signing their own player?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Can you trade RFA's rights? Does that team still receive compensation if you sign that player?
you can trade a RFA and then he becomes property of the new team. if a 3rd team then signed the player to an offer sheet, the team that acquired him in the trade would be able to match or receive compensation the original team that trade him away is out of the picture at that point

Old
06-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Bobby Ryan is overrated. Effort is not always there.

That Flyers pick is relatively high.
Perhaps he is overrated, but I doubt the pick becomes as good as Ryan. And Coburn's play fell off a bit this shortened season.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Has it ever happened the Rangers traded the rights of a player (RFA for instance) and then signed him that same season?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
1 years for a crappy player is better than overpaying for a crappy player for 5-6 years...i'm grasping at straws to find a positive in why we'd trade for him lol
Gotcha. Hopefully nothing too stupid happens this off season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass art by Brassard View Post
Has it ever happened the Rangers traded the rights of a player (RFA for instance) and then signed him that same season?
How would it happen? Once they trade his rights they can't sign him, the team that acquired him can, or he can sit out if he doesn't want to sign a contract. Only other option is if a team offer sheets said player. So in that case why would a team trade the rights to an RFA and then offer sheet him?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Why would they?

Old
06-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
@StatBoy_Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
How would it happen? Once they trade his rights they can't sign him, the team that acquired him can, or he can sit out if he doesn't want to sign a contract. Only other option is if a team offer sheets said player. So in that case why would a team trade the rights to an RFA and then offer sheet him?
I thought that happened with Richter, but it could be he just retired. Not sure, but I remember we traded him for something but he never played for another team

Old
06-27-2013, 09:15 PM
jniklast

Quote:
I thought that happened with Richter, but it could be he just retired. Not sure, but I remember we traded him for something but he never played for another team
I think he was left unprotected in the expansion draft. He was picked but was a pending UFA. The Rangers thus re-signed him immediately after and the expansion team got compensation (draft pick).

Old
06-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Clown Fiesta
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Believe he was traded to EDM for Corey Potter and on the 30th of June then became a UFA and resigned with the Rangers. He was also drafted by Nashville in the expansion draft and then came back to the Rangers after being cut. I think.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:18 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Why is Cammalleri crappy? He was on pace for about 50-55 points on a terrible team

Old
06-27-2013, 09:19 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Perhaps he is overrated, but I doubt the pick becomes as good as Ryan. And Coburn's play fell off a bit this shortened season.
Coburn is a pretty good top 4 physical dman. Ryan shows flashes but he is inconsistent still. I wouldn't move MDZ + 1st for him. That's comparable.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Richter was claimed by Nashville in the expansion draft, and then signed with the Rangers that summer.

He was also traded to Calgary for a pick, Leetch was traded to Edmonton for Jussi Markkanen. Both signed with the Rangers afterwards.

That was when teams under a certain payroll level got compensation picks for losing UFAs.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:31 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Trading an unsigned RFA is really no different than trading a signed RFA. Only difference is the new team than has to negotiate a contract.

That's what happened with Phil Kessel. Boston couldn't sign him, so they traded him to Toronto for a bunch of picks, then Toronto signed him.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Jacques Strap

Maybe Calgary is trying to dump salary with the Cammalleri trade and we take his salary and one of Calgary's 1st round picks for some of our 3rd or 4th liners, trade Richards to Toronto (crazy rumor) for Carl Gunnarsson and Korbinian Holzer to make room for Cammalleri's salary.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:48 PM
SupersonicMonkey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
Bozak reportedly wnats $5.5M per.

No. Thanks.

Would hope Slats has interest in Kulemin/Franson/Liles.
5.5 is far too much for Bozak.

That's about what Weiss should get if the market were right. These guys are all going to get overpaid. That's why id much rather trade Del Zotto for a young forward and see what Lindberg has. One of (maybe both) Lindberg and Miller should be able to fill a #3-#4 role. With Boyle as the other C if only one of them sticks.

That's the reality. Cap decrease. A handful of important RFAs to keep. Kids need to fill spots on the cheap.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:51 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Maybe Calgary is trying to dump salary with the Cammalleri trade and we take his salary and one of Calgary's 1st round picks for some of our 3rd or 4th liners, trade Richards to Toronto (crazy rumor) for Carl Gunnarsson and Korbinian Holzer to make room for Cammalleri's salary.
None of that is happening.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:12 PM
HighLifeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Calgary is not looking to dump salary... and certainly not at the cost of a top six forward and 1st round pick

Closed Thread