HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Paul Stastny to Dallas

Old
06-27-2013, 01:51 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I'd counter with Daley+#40 for Stastny+#63. Would the you still do that or to much...?
Dallas isn't the one giving up more in this deal. Change #63 to #32 and you've got a deal. Statsny is the better player, but he costs twice as much and only has one year left.

HF also tends to undervalue defenders, especially high character ones like Daley.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:53 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
I am very hesitent to include #40 with Daley in a deal for a guy with 1 year left.
This could be like the Roy situation went went through last season. The only difference is that Stastny might play all 82 games (risk of injury included).

Daley is signed for like 4 more years at a reasonable price, whereas Stastny could just bolt after one season. He'd have to find immediate chemistry with someone in order to have an impact in Dallas.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 01:55 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Now let's find a way to get the 1st overall pick included.

I'd really prefer for it to be Goligoski who should have a bit more value than Daley. Goligoski + #54 for Statsny + #32 would be fair, maybe #40 if Colorado is keen on sticking in the top 40. That way we could still move Daley to Carolina along with #10 for #5 with minor pieces added, snag either Nurse or Monahan (or, pray to God, Barkov) and we'd be in damn good shape going forward. Although our defense would absolutely suck this year.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:08 AM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I don't see the Avs dealing #32 in a deal with Stastny in it for Daley. we are either shopping that in a bigger package for a better D-man or keeping the pick. The way Pracey talked, he really wanted to make that pick and knowing how he has done in that spot before, I think we will keep the pick.

I think Stastny for Daley straight up sounds like the best for both teams.

CoachBadkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:14 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

I'd really prefer for it to be Goligoski who should have a bit more value than Daley. Goligoski + #54 for Statsny + #32 would be fair, maybe #40 if Colorado is keen on sticking in the top 40. That way we could still move Daley to Carolina along with #10 for #5 with minor pieces added, snag either Nurse or Monahan (or, pray to God, Barkov) and we'd be in damn good shape going forward. Although our defense would absolutely suck this year.
-> Ekblad

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:21 AM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:

Please not Nurse, ugh. Do. Not. Want.

Monahan or Lindholm, or like you said PRAY for Barkov to fall (highly doubt it) is who we need to go for of we were to move up and get 5.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:26 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
I don't see the Avs dealing #32 in a deal with Stastny in it for Daley. we are either shopping that in a bigger package for a better D-man or keeping the pick. The way Pracey talked, he really wanted to make that pick and knowing how he has done in that spot before, I think we will keep the pick.

I think Stastny for Daley straight up sounds like the best for both teams.
Fair enough, I'd be fine with a straight swap, maybe get a 4th rounder or something back.

BTW GET ON CHATZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
Please not Nurse, ugh. Do. Not. Want.

Monahan or Lindholm, or like you said PRAY for Barkov to fall (highly doubt it) is who we need to go for of we were to move up and get 5.
Why the hate for Nurse? I know we need a center and we've all got a hockey ***** for him right now, but he could really be something special. You really should check out the Stars' board more.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
Fair enough, I'd be fine with a straight swap, maybe get a 4th rounder or something back.

BTW GET ON CHATZY

Why the hate for Nurse? I know we need a center and we've all got a hockey ***** for him right now, but he could really be something special. You really should check out the Stars' board more.
I'm really just not a Nurse fan. I said it on DBD earlier today...

Low hockey IQ, low offensive potential, and a game that may or may not translate well to the NHL level. He’s a very raw player. Physical and nasty but his hockey sense is questionable and I feel we have enough D prospects similar to him, maybe not in potential or ceiling but in playing style. I don’t think Nemeth is all that far off from Nurse anyway, and if he can stay healthy, we have a force to be reckoned with on our hands. Oleksiak also plays a similar game, with less nastiness but he’s much bigger. And then we have the Vance’s and the Jokipakka’s. Physical, shutdown D-men.

I also feel that when its all said and done, Ristolainen and Pulock will be better players than Nurse. Just my opinion though.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:35 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm really just not a Nurse fan. I said it on DBD earlier today...

Low hockey IQ, low offensive potential, and a game that may or may not translate well to the NHL level. He’s a very raw player. Physical and nasty but his hockey sense is questionable and I feel we have enough D prospects similar to him, maybe not in potential or ceiling but in playing style. I don’t think Nemeth is all that far off from Nurse anyway, and if he can stay healthy, we have a force to be reckoned with on our hands. Oleksiak also plays a similar game, with less nastiness but he’s much bigger. And then we have the Vance’s and the Jokipakka’s. Physical, shutdown D-men.

I also feel that when its all said and done, Ristolainen and Pulock will be better players than Nurse. Just my opinion though.
That sounds so much more like Zadorov than Nurse. That description doesn't fit Nurse at all.

But that's for another thread, let's keep it on topic.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Phil Connors*

Has a thread ever been locked because a deal was actually agree'd upon?

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:46 AM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Dallas isn't the one giving up more in this deal. Change #63 to #32 and you've got a deal. Statsny is the better player, but he costs twice as much and only has one year left.

HF also tends to undervalue defenders, especially high character ones like
Daley.
Rule #1: Always ask for more

I'd probably do a straight up swap. Would not add anything however.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Morry83
14-90-91

Quote:
That sounds so much more like Zadorov than Nurse. That description doesn't fit Nurse at all.

But that's for another thread, let's keep it on topic.
That's definitely Nurse...

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1523

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2013-nh...t-profile-2013

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2013/NHL-D.../Darnell-Nurse

http://stoopsports.com/2013/06/20/nh...darnell-nurse/

They all pretty much say the same thing. Decent OHL stats, but low offensive potential. Low IQ. Solid defensively.

On topic though, Stastny for Daley, I think I'm ok with. Would prefer Goose, but I'd still pull the trigger.

Old
06-27-2013, 03:23 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
Rule #1: Always ask for more

I'd probably do a straight up swap. Would not add anything however.
Your sir, have a deal.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:18 AM
catters078

Quote:
I'd counter with Daley+#40 for Stastny+#63. Would the you still do that or to much...?
To me that's a fair deal.

Win win for both sides

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 07:48 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
I'd rather Goligoski, he better suits the Avs need for an offensive-defensemen with some experience.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:43 AM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I'd rather Goligoski, he better suits the Avs need for an offensive-defensemen with some experience.
Right now, Goligoski has more value than Stastny. I would do Daley in the deal, but not Goligoski.

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Right now, Goligoski has more value than Stastny. I would do Daley in the deal, but not Goligoski.
In my opinion I wouldn't do Daley for Stastny. Avs major weakness is a offensive defensemen with some experience. If the Avs are going to move a valuable piece, they need to solve this problem first.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:47 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
Agreed. If we dealt Goligoski for Stastny I'd probably be after a minor pick swap too.

Something like: Goligoski + 40th for Stastny + 32nd

Old
06-27-2013, 09:03 AM
ABasin
The good old days...

Quote:
Oh no, Daley is definitely available.

So a base of the following...what needs to be added and where?

To

Trevor Daley

To

Paul Stastny
Interesting proposal. If Daley is a solid defensive 2nd pairing guy, that's what I think it fair coming back for Stastny. Especially given the two contracts.

Not a bad proposal at all. Thank you.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:06 AM
CB Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
Agreed. If we dealt Goligoski for Stastny I'd probably be after a minor pick swap too.

Something like: Goligoski + 40th for Stastny + 32nd
I don't think it would be a problem to expand the deal, I just think the Avs absolutely have to address the offensive defensemen situation in any deal they do.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Primetimey*

vCash: 160
Daley for Stastny is good in my opinion. If it were to be Goose I would expect a little bit more back, either 40 for 32 swap or a third rounder.

Primetimey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:32 AM
English stars fan

Quote:
I don't think it would be a problem to expand the deal, I just think the Avs absolutely have to address the offensive defensemen situation in any deal they do.
Yup agreed. Goligoski could definitely be made available, but he'll cost more than Daley (perhaps the above offer is even undervaluing him). This is especially true in light of what he cost to get - he won't be traded for a bad return.

Old
06-27-2013, 09:37 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
It sounds like Avs fans are a bit split on whether they want the steady hand or the offensive defenseman.

I think most Stars fans are pretty much fine giving up either guy for Stastny but I agree that given their contract certainty over the next few years that they hold a touch more value than Stastny and his one year/big cap hit.

We can afford to lose at least one veteran defenseman and give Stastny a good long look, even if he doesn't stay at the end of the year.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
It sounds like Avs fans are a bit split on whether they want the steady hand or the offensive defenseman.

I think most Stars fans are pretty much fine giving up either guy for Stastny but I agree that given their contract certainty over the next few years that they hold a touch more value than Stastny and his one year/big cap hit.

We can afford to lose at least one veteran defenseman and give Stastny a good long look, even if he doesn't stay at the end of the year.
I suspect most want to see how the team does under Roy to find out what are personnel problems and what were coaching/system problems.

Avs have plenty of needs, but it's hard to put the finger on exactly what they are and which are of a higher priority.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:

HF also tends to undervalue defenders, especially high character ones like Daley.
IF Nill were to make this deal there will be some kind of safeguard if Statsny does not resign in Dallas...so how about:

To Colorado:
Daley + Sneep + 40

To Dallas:
Statsny + 32 + Conditional 2nd in 2014 if he does not resign.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote