HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Part LXMIIV - I Can't Roman Numerals Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  #1001
MajorCanuck
Cup Please
 
MajorCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Looks like no cup for Luo now.

MajorCanuck is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:12 PM
  #1002
SnapIt
Registered User
 
SnapIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Is there any response from Lu? Or just the Acquillini bit..

SnapIt is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:13 PM
  #1003
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
Is there any response from Lu? Or just the Acquillini bit..
He said he wouldn't be doing any interviews for now, he wants to talk to his agent.

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:18 PM
  #1004
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles View Post
He said he wouldn't be doing any interviews for now, he wants to talk to his agent.
Transalation: "I am ****ing pissed and have to figure out a way out of Vancouver." How Gillis would not have run this by him reeks of incompetence.

John Bender is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:20 PM
  #1005
VanEric
Registered User
 
VanEric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Transalation: "I am ****ing pissed and have to figure out a way out of Vancouver." How Gillis would not have run this by him reeks of incompetence.
Because what if it didn't happen? What if NJ backed out at the last minute? Also, Luongo and Schneider talk.

You're selling a pro on coming back, being the undisputed #1 of a playoff team, and making all of his contract. He'll get over it. What was the alternative? Getting traded to the Islanders?

VanEric is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
  #1006
John Bender
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Because what if it didn't happen? What if NJ backed out at the last minute? Also, Luongo and Schneider talk.

You're selling a pro on coming back, being the undisputed #1 of a playoff team, and making all of his contract. He'll get over it. What was the alternative? Getting traded to the Islanders?
You have a player that has asked to be traded. By trading another player you need this player that has asked out. What happens now if Luongo refuses to report? Might have wanted to check on that first.

Luongo would prefer to play for the Islanders at this point. I don't think there is any question of that.

John Bender is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:24 PM
  #1007
Bleach Clean
Registered User
 
Bleach Clean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Every shot on goal from now until the day Luongo leaves is going to be hyper-scrutinized in the context of this deal. If Luongo thought he had pressure on him before - holy crap - he ain't seen nothing yet, now that we traded away the heir-apparent to Martin f'ing Brodeur in order to keep him.

Yup. He's going to get ripped apart in this city to an unprecedented level. Total lame duck.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
How long until one of our young Swedish netminders push for Luongo's job?

Lou could still be traded and I think he will be within the next 2 years.

I think he will be as well, but much sooner.

Bleach Clean is online now  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:28 PM
  #1008
VanEric
Registered User
 
VanEric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
You have a player that has asked to be traded. By trading another player you need this player that has asked out. What happens now if Luongo refuses to report? Might have wanted to check on that first.

Luongo would prefer to play for the Islanders at this point. I don't think there is any question of that.
He wanted out of the situation. The situation changed. Luongo's not going to refuse to report, that's silly.

VanEric is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:29 PM
  #1009
SnapIt
Registered User
 
SnapIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles View Post
He said he wouldn't be doing any interviews for now, he wants to talk to his agent.
Awww shhhhiiiiiiiiiiiii....

How is Lack coming along? ......

SnapIt is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 07:56 PM
  #1010
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...
 
Jack Tripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 5,841
vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yup. He's going to get ripped apart in this city to an unprecedented level. Total lame duck.
yup...from giving him the 'c', to giving him the cap-busting lifetime deal, to demoting him in two straight playoff series, to publically putting him on the trade block for over a calendar year, and now this...is there any wonder why luongo is a mental basket case? his family must be livid with the organization by now

canucks take on so much risk by assuming that luongo's professionalism will heal all wounds

Jack Tripper is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:05 PM
  #1011
Dado
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yup. He's going to get ripped apart in this city to an unprecedented level. Total lame duck.
One way to deal with it is a six-goalie system on the ice.

Who did we hire as a coach again?


Last edited by Dado: 06-30-2013 at 08:15 PM.
 
Old
06-30-2013, 08:09 PM
  #1012
Hal 9000*
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Yup. He's going to get ripped apart in this city to an unprecedented level. Total lame duck.

I think he will be as well, but much sooner.
Once the season starts, it'll be LUUUU's just like before.

Real live actual people aren't quite as fanatical as internet people, so most actual people just want to see quality hockey, and with the developments of today, they will.

Hal 9000* is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:13 PM
  #1013
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
yup...from giving him the 'c', to giving him the cap-busting lifetime deal, to demoting him in two straight playoff series, to publically putting him on the trade block for over a calendar year, and now this...is there any wonder why luongo is a mental basket case? his family must be livid with the organization by now

canucks take on so much risk by assuming that luongo's professionalism will heal all wounds
He's getting paid a lot of money. He needs to be professional about it and realize that his contract sucks so Gillis couldn't move him.

vanwest is online now  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:14 PM
  #1014
Diamonddog01
Registered User
 
Diamonddog01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
I really don't think Luongo wants to play here.

Perhaps this was a move to force him not to report? I think it's a horrible idea to retain disgruntled, unhappy players to be honest. Team morale will suffer, and chemistry will be bad.

Diamonddog01 is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:14 PM
  #1015
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N
 
Lonny Bohonos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United Nations
Posts: 7,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
Transalation: "I am ****ing pissed and have to figure out a way out of Vancouver." How Gillis would not have run this by him reeks of incompetence.
MG could have ran it past him until the cows come home and it wouldnt have made one iota of a difference

The trade "had" to happen.

Lonny Bohonos is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:15 PM
  #1016
Scurr
Registered User
 
Scurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whalley
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
Once the season starts, it'll be LUUUU's just like before.

Real live actual people aren't quite as fanatical as internet people, so most actual people just want to see quality hockey, and with the developments of today, they will.
We haven't seen this team play good hockey consistently for two years... how does this change that?

Scurr is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:18 PM
  #1017
Kesler is Bestler
Registered User
 
Kesler is Bestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We haven't seen this team play good hockey consistently for two years... how does this change that?
addition by subtraction

Kesler is Bestler is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:20 PM
  #1018
opendoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
We haven't seen this team play good hockey consistently for two years... how does this change that?
It doesn't. Whether or not Gillis planned it that way, I see this as step one towards a rebuild. If the Canucks wanted to compete in the next 3-5 years they wouldn't have traded their best goalie for a draft pick.

Unfortunately even if Horvat and Shinkrauk pan out the team will now have to deal with a $4M+ cap penalty when they're in their mid 20s.

opendoor is offline  
Old
06-30-2013, 08:21 PM
  #1019
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,311
vCash: 50
1k posts, continue here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1458495

Nuckles is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.