HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jake Gardiner for top center

Old
06-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
RNH was proven more at 19 than Gardiner has at (soon to be) 23

just stop Dreger...it leaves a massive hole at #1 center
Dreger didn't say that. It's a mtl radio station and the host suggested edm might be willing to make a deal on draft day. Nothing was said of RNH. All that was mentioned was the leafs might try to package gardiner for a center. That's it. People overreacting over nothing. Good job OP lol.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:49 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'd rather not go for RNH. If Gardiner had to be included in a deal for us to acquire a 1st line center, RNH is not who'd I'd target. If RNH was the only option I'd rather keep Gardiner.

Right now we have the luxury (just like every other team) of trying to woo V.Lecavalier for nothing (but cash). So that would be my first option.
C'mon man. Do you really believe that? Even if they sign Vinny or Weiss or both..... You still make that trade.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:50 AM
morrielly

vCash: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
No.

Based on his potential and the amount of time he will be under contract, RNH is one of the most immovable players in the NHL. There is nothing the Leafs have to offer that would interest the Oilers.

If the Leafs want a 20 year old, number one overall centre on his ELC, they are going to have draft him themselves.

There are no shortcuts for acquiring this type of player.
Nobody is saying that he's not going to cost afortune. The point trying to be made however is that under some scenarios, it is definitely possible that RNH could be dealt without a huge blow to your offense while gaining major assets... let's be honest here. RNH is proving to be a really injury prone player albeit with boatloads of talent. so there is a really big risk with whoever acquires him. With that being said, here is my offer for him. (in the event that the above happens)

lupul + gardiner + 2013 third rounder for rnh + 2013 second (i believe many leafs fans would object)

you guys could go into next season with a top six of:

hall-lecavalier-eberle
lupul-gagner-yakupov

while adding gardiner and klefbom on the blueline and monohan/nichushkin into the system...

a trade like that has to be considered...

morrielly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:51 AM
sd1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
People are taking the OP too literally. I don't think Dreger mentioned RNH. Gardiner for Gagner makes more sense.
Maybe to those that are oblivious. There is no way in hell that Gagner gets Gardiner without a plus of good value.

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodangles View Post
Get this man another beer.
Thanks!

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
I don't know what's up but Dreger has just been stirring the pot with random rumors lately. TSN must be pressuring him into doing so, because he and Bob used to only discuss concretely backed info.

Anyway, I don't need to be a "TSN insider" to know that there is no way in hell Edmonton would consider trading RNH in a deal based on Jake Gardiner.
I think Dreger is used as a media piece by the Leafs, so if they're brainstorming or trying to make a statement, it's through TSN...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bodangles

Quote:
RNH> Kadri

again...RNH has proven more in the NHL as a 19 year old than Kadri at 22

Kadri is closer to Gagner than RNH
Again... I'm not saying RNH is a bad player. In fact, long term, RNH will likely be better than Kadri. But then again, there's a reason we play the games.

I'm saying the Leafs don't require that large of an upgrade for that kind of skill set. That would be a step backwards, especially considering the likely price. When you build a team, you don't just load up on a bunch of top end forwards and hope the click... Case in point: THE EDMONTON OILERS!

Bodangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oscar Acosta

vCash: 1083
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post
Nobody is saying that he's not going to cost afortune. The point trying to be made however is that under some scenarios, it is definitely possible that RNH could be dealt without a huge blow to your offense while gaining major assets... let's be honest here. RNH is proving to be a really injury prone player albeit with boatloads of talent. so there is a really big risk with whoever acquires him. With that being said, here is my offer for him. (in the event that the above happens)

lupul + gardiner + 2013 third rounder for rnh + 2013 second (i believe many leafs fans would object)

hall-lecavalier-eberle
lupul-gagner-yakupov

while adding gardiner and klefbom on the blueline and monohan/nichushkin into the system...

Not with Lupul it doesn't. The guy was an absolute loser in Edmonton.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Stephen

Quote:
RNH was proven more at 19 than Gardiner has at (soon to be) 23

just stop Dreger...it leaves a massive hole at #1 center
To be fair though, Edmonton does have a slew of high first round picks in the years to come to fill whatever holes they may have...

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Oscar Acosta

vCash: 1083
Quote:
Again... I'm not saying RNH is a bad player. In fact, long term, RNH will likely be better than Kadri. But then again, there's a reason we play the games.

"Long term"

How about already is.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post

hall-lecavalier-eberle
lupul-gagner-yakupov

Thx for the laugh.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:54 AM
The Camera Eye

Quote:
Dreger made three separate speculations. They seemed connected because of how quickly he was talking. He bounced from: a) Gardiner being shopped; b) Phaneuf rumour to EDM; and c) whether EDM would part with RNH.

Gardiner reminded him of Phaneuf; Phaneuf reminded him of EDM; EDM reminded him of RNH.

All separate items to speculate about. But of course HF posters lose it: "LOLOLOLOLOL Gardiner for RNH, OMG! Leafs fans are nuts!!!"

Amazing how poor listening/reading comprehension from one person can start these kind of threads or proposals.

The Camera Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Love
Fire Benning

Quote:
Exactly. I'm not interested in him. Your players are like tools in a toolbox: it's pointless having a box full of Philips-head screwdrivers. You need variety for a variety of situations. I'm not saying RNH is a bad player. I'm saying his value is less to TOR than it is to EDM because TOR already has a small, young centre with excellent vision in Kadri. If we get another centre, it has to be a big body with puck possession skills.
You just said "no" to RNH for Gardiner from a Leafs perspective? Stop Trolling.

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mike Bobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneGretzky View Post
Gardiner spent most of last year looking like an AHL star/NHL tweener. I'm not selling the farm because of a good stretch of playoff hockey. I would want Gardiner + for Gagner. Gagner has proven for 5 years that he is a legit top 6 center. Gardiner hasn't proven he's a top 4 D for 5 months.
Lol in these 5 years Gagner hasnt scored more than 49 points. He's a good player and a 2C at best not exactly what the Leafs need at the expense of Gardiner who has already proven more than Gagner in 2 seasons in the NHL.

Mike Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onetweasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseofBuggins View Post
Im not so sure I want little skinny broken shoulders Ryan Nugent Hopkins. Unless he starts to muscle up, he is an injury waiting to happen.

And Jake Gardiner is going to be the real deal. This kid is going to be a 25 minute/game dman with game changing ability. He showed his stuff in the playoffs.
So you would turn down Gardiner for RNH from a Leaf's perspective......haha thanks I needed that!

onetweasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:57 AM
sd1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post
If Lindholm is available at #7 and Edmonton doesn't like him, I could see Toronto and Edmonton making a deal where Gardiner + 21 for Edmonton #7 so Leafs could take him. Not saying Edmonton wouldn't have to add, but the base is there for a deal.
They would have to add alot

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Atomos2
Auston 20:16

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
Oh I am so sorry that we aren't intrested in your AHL d-men with concussion issues.
And toronto isn't looking for a scrawny centre with constant shoulder issues.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Bodangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
"Long term"

How about already is.
I agree. But that wasn't the point I was making.

Bodangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
firstemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Sam Gagner is not the answer to Toronto's #1 Center woes. Small, soft, never had a remarkable season offensively.
Bingo is his name-o. Not to mention we don't need Kadri 2.0 on the face-offs. People who think Gardiner and Gagner have similar value are kidding themselves.

The #7 has more value and majority of rational leaf fans wouldn't trade Gardiner for the pick (albeit, it depends who's there i.e big 4 or Nicushkin). And I thought Flyer fans were bad for discussing Couts (which is a lot closer to 50-50).

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 11:59 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
C'mon man. Do you really believe that? Even if they sign Vinny or Weiss or both..... You still make that trade.
My best friend is an Oiler fan so I watch alot of Oiler games (along with Leaf games, obviously) and to be honest I don't see much difference between RNH and Kadri, other than the fact that Kadri is more of a goal scorer. IMO we already have a better player than RNH. Kadri can score goals, he's a silky smooth (taken from the Zohan) set up man, and he can get under the oppositions skin. If I was at the helm, there is no way I trade Gardiner for RNH. And that's not even talking about what I think Gardiner brings to the table. I, like Nonis wouldn't have any "untouchables" but the closest thing to them would be...Kadri, Lupul, Gardiner and Reilly. Everything else could be had for the right price.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:01 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Lol in these 5 years Gagner hasnt scored more than 49 points. He's a good player and a 2C at best not exactly what the Leafs need at the expense of Gardiner who has already proven more than Gagner in 2 seasons in the NHL.
Owen Nolan was traded for a young Sandis Ozolinsh. These type of trades do happen. Where one younger player has done more in his career so far, etc. That's where scouting and a good organization come into play.

I dont think anyone should flip out if Gagner were traded for Gardiner. On either side. They're both destined for good NHL careers.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:02 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The funny part is that some Leafs fans here actually think they can get RNH for Gardiner.
The real funny part is that no leafs fan ever said that, it's just the same old lolleafs circle jerk on hf

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:02 PM
supercilious

Leafs fan here laughing at any other leafs fan who thinks that we could acquire RNH with Gardiner

you dumb

supercilious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
Leafs fan here laughing at any other leafs fan who thinks that we could acquire RNH with Gardiner

you dumb
Well now you just look silly.

Rob Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 12:03 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Gives Toronto a center they are looking for. Edmonton would probably have to add in the deal.
It gives us a centre yeah, in the same way signing any centre gives us a centre.

Gagner isn't the c were looking for

kamosko is offline   Reply With Quote