HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny Lecavalier bought out | signed with Philly (5 years, $4.5M cap hit, full NMC)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2013, 08:48 PM
  #226
ForeverHabs97
Registered User
 
ForeverHabs97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
Now sorry for barging in, but I watched Steve Yzerman have his little interview with the media. It seems to me that he said that now the Lightning had a hole in their center position.

Do you think they could go and grab Barkov and have him play 2nd center behind Stamkos? Or do you guys stick with Drouin and have that future deadly combination of Drouin/Stamkos and St Louis until he retires?

ForeverHabs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 08:55 PM
  #227
dbieon12
Seen Stamkos?
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 2752
Does this mean we can trade for Richards, Brad? Then in a year re-sign Vinny (after his 1 year contract with the Sabres is up)? And have Vinny, Richards, and Marty back for another year or two of cup runs?

Now that Torts is the coach of the Canucks, I wonder if this puts a fork in the #Yzerplan.

__________________
DBIEON12's DOGHOUSE
Steven Standclose, Fatt Carle, Jon Cooper
dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
  #228
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
If we don't have a legit, franchise goalie between Bishop, Lindback, Vasi, Janus, and the Kid in college (I can never remember his name yet) Yaz deserves to get himself thrown out of the league haha. We actually have ton of Goalie depth and talent, we just have a terrible track record with development. Hopefully we get a new goal coach and they turn at least one of our 5 guys into a franchise rock. I'd be shocked if they all end up busting.
That would be Adam Wilcox and you can put me as the conductor of that hype train. Kid looked great in Minnesota.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2013, 09:23 PM
  #229
dbieon12
Seen Stamkos?
 
dbieon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 2752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
That would be Adam Wilcox and you can put me as the conductor of that hype train. Kid looked great in Minnesota.
I agree. I'm tired of hearing about our "goalie problems". Yzerman and company have made enough moves to address it within the short-term 1-3 years. If --none-- of them pan out we don't deserve to have a goalie. Bish and Back need a full season to be truly evaluated.

Defense is another issue, and now you can add center to the list of questionable positions.

dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:04 AM
  #230
PhysicalGraffiti
In Garth I Trust
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
Boards are for discussing opinions. If people are calling the owner, GM and organization idiots for doing something just because they have an emotional to someone, we can express our opinions on the statements on the board.

And in my opinion, the kind of reaction is incredibly immature.

Be sad that that Vinny is gone. Appreciate what he's done for the organization. Heck, make an argument on why you feel from a hockey standpoint the Lightning would have been better off keeping Lecavalier at 7 mil for the next 7 seasons.

However, to call in the organization stupid because you have an emotional attachment to him is not very wise and immature.
I wouldn't call it immature. I would call it being a fan of a team and player who has been everything to this team.

Yeah he's been hurt, but he's been a damn solid contributor when he isn't. He's a locker room guy and a goal scorer, and he makes those around him better. He was our captain.

It's not like when we lost other players I liked alot like Dino, Cibak, Roy, or Boyle. Those guys are players I loved, whether here short or not, but when they left or it was time to move on I didn't feel the same way now. I felt sad to see a player I like alot gone from the team, but this is different.

Vinny is the heart and soul of this team. What other captain was dropping the gloves this year when the team needed it or to defend himself and team?

His contributions to the team and this area shouldn't be just thrown away becasue of business, like Yzerman and Vinik did. He can still play at a decent level. It's a low blow to many fans and to Vinny, and if I were him I wouldn't want to be back after this.

Sorry I'm not sorry for my feelings about this. I'm pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
I completely understand what you're saying, but it's still unnecessary to call his reaction immature or unwise. People react to news in their own way - he's clearly responding from a highly emotional state, so it's better off to just let him vent than to interfere/further agitate him.
Thanks for the sensbile posts. Sometimes people have different defintions of fan I guess. I've been around the team for so many years, and sports and teams are emotional. It's how it goes. Maybe Jamie hasn't played them or just thinks business first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
The guy has never had a rational post on this board, though. So I'm with JamieG.

Sucks to see him go like this but if we can become a better team with him gone because of the cap space saved and the fact that our Captain won't miss a third or half of the season...then awesome. Still feel Malone should go, maybe at the draft, who knows.

Vinny and Lee Roy Selmon are probably the 2 greatest players that affected our community. He'll be back.
What a stupid generalization. You're still all pissy because I hate the new logo and jersey. Get off my back. Your last sentence is as idiotic as most of your posts. He won't be back. He was insulted and kicked to the curb. He's done.



Thanks to albatross and otherse explaining the CBA/restructuring deal. Why the hell was that not brought up or fixed during the new joke of a CBA? That seems like something that would be extremely helpful to alot of teams. Especially when a change of management occurs and new staff thinks differently. That's a shame we couldn't restructure to keep Vinny, that should have been in that CBA, not continually lowering the cap.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:22 AM
  #231
Cigar City
Registered User
 
Cigar City's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 2,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
I wouldn't call it immature. I would call it being a fan of a team and player who has been everything to this team.

Yeah he's been hurt, but he's been a damn solid contributor when he isn't. He's a locker room guy and a goal scorer, and he makes those around him better. He was our captain.

It's not like when we lost other players I liked alot like Dino, Cibak, Roy, or Boyle. Those guys are players I loved, whether here short or not, but when they left or it was time to move on I didn't feel the same way now. I felt sad to see a player I like alot gone from the team, but this is different.

Vinny is the heart and soul of this team. What other captain was dropping the gloves this year when the team needed it or to defend himself and team?

His contributions to the team and this area shouldn't be just thrown away becasue of business, like Yzerman and Vinik did. He can still play at a decent level. It's a low blow to many fans and to Vinny, and if I were him I wouldn't want to be back after this.

Sorry I'm not sorry for my feelings about this. I'm pissed.



Thanks for the sensbile posts. Sometimes people have different defintions of fan I guess. I've been around the team for so many years, and sports and teams are emotional. It's how it goes. Maybe Jamie hasn't played them or just thinks business first.



What a stupid generalization. You're still all pissy because I hate the new logo and jersey. Get off my back. Your last sentence is as idiotic as most of your posts. He won't be back. He was insulted and kicked to the curb. He's done.



Thanks to albatross and otherse explaining the CBA/restructuring deal. Why the hell was that not brought up or fixed during the new joke of a CBA? That seems like something that would be extremely helpful to alot of teams. Especially when a change of management occurs and new staff thinks differently. That's a shame we couldn't restructure to keep Vinny, that should have been in that CBA, not continually lowering the cap.
I enjoy a higher percentage of your posts than most others, fwiw. I think you're very sensible, and I think it's laughable how other people proclaim themselves Fan Police.

And honestly, you're right on this.

We essentially ran the face of our franchise, who is still capable of putting up VERY good numbers, out of town. He was overpaid by a couple million. So what?

Ask yourselves this, did what he give back to the community make up for that couple of million each year? A lot of pediatric cancer patients would disagree with most of you on this issue. Some things are BIGGER than the business side of hockey, and VL4 is one of them.

If we run this kind of guy out of town, would you feel secure coming to TB as a free agent or draft pick?

But hey, just my (apparently) non-fan opinion.

Cigar City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
  #232
PhysicalGraffiti
In Garth I Trust
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar City View Post
I enjoy a higher percentage of your posts than most others, fwiw. I think you're very sensible, and I think it's laughable how other people proclaim themselves Fan Police.

And honestly, you're right on this.

We essentially ran the face of our franchise, who is still capable of putting up VERY good numbers, out of town. He was overpaid by a couple million. So what?

Ask yourselves this, did what he give back to the community make up for that couple of million each year? A lot of pediatric cancer patients would disagree with most of you on this issue. Some things are BIGGER than the business side of hockey, and VL4 is one of them.

If we run this kind of guy out of town, would you feel secure coming to TB as a free agent or draft pick?

But hey, just my (apparently) non-fan opinion.
Thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone. As a fan I voice my opinion, because that's my right as a fan. And this board is the place to do it. I don't care that people don't like what I have to say, but I do appreciate when people see eye to eye with me or at least somewhat agree. They can ignore me if it bothers them.

This was a bush league move, plain and simple.

Haha, I guess it won't matter that I might be a former fan soon since I was a non-fan all along.

What are your plans regarding fanship and attending games? This is a tough choice for me. I ****ing love the Bolts. The best sports game of my life was game 7 of the Stanley Cup. I can't imagine a season not going, but this move is really making me question whether I want to give these guys any of my money or even root for the team. I suppose I could still be a fan of the players, but that's tough. I love when some guy on here said only real fans spend money and ran his mouth, then shut up when I explained I have been a 16 year season ticket member. If that stops after 17 years I guess it means I'm not allowed to be a fan anymore anyways.

And yes right now I am very angry, so with emotions running high I'm just speaking as it comes. Call it irrational or immature, it's fine. We'll see as time goes on. If there was some agreement that he would sign 1 year and come back, I'd be more ok. But from what Vinny said is he wants a long term deal to bring him to retirement. So no, he won't be coming back in all likelihood, so I will remain furious.


Last edited by PhysicalGraffiti: 06-28-2013 at 12:44 AM.
PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:48 AM
  #233
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar City View Post
I enjoy a higher percentage of your posts than most others, fwiw. I think you're very sensible, and I think it's laughable how other people proclaim themselves Fan Police.

And honestly, you're right on this.

We essentially ran the face of our franchise, who is still capable of putting up VERY good numbers, out of town. He was overpaid by a couple million. So what?

Ask yourselves this, did what he give back to the community make up for that couple of million each year? A lot of pediatric cancer patients would disagree with most of you on this issue. Some things are BIGGER than the business side of hockey, and VL4 is one of them.

If we run this kind of guy out of town, would you feel secure coming to TB as a free agent or draft pick?

But hey, just my (apparently) non-fan opinion.
It wasn't how much money he was making now, it was how much money he was going to make in future years. He would have handcuffed us when we would have to give Stamkos a raise, and several of our young prospects. Say Bishop is the real deal and commands a 6 million salary in 4-5 years, and several of our prospects turn into amazing players who will demand upwards of 6 million. Would we have the money then? At that time, we would be paying a seriously declining Lecavalier 7.8 million while our prospect-turned-stars walk away for free or are traded for lesser value. Why? Because our emotions got in the way, and we kept someone we knew we should have bought out when we had the chance. People should realize that there is a youth movement going on, older players are being shipped out for young, raw, good (and at the moment cheap) talent. But take note, that young talent will develop into superstars and will except to be paid.

Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 12:57 AM
  #234
Steve Yzerman
A New Season Begins
 
Steve Yzerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
Yeah, I had a stellar reply for that clown sending out his email.

To dump your captain who's defined class and loyalty to this team is sickening. I love how he blames the CBA.

This move makes me want to cancel my season tickets. I'm that angry. (insert acusations of not being a real fan). I've been going to games for 16 plus years, and other than the aesthetics move that was awful and pissed me off, this is the worst thing to happen.

It's insulting to Vinny, his family, the community, and the fans.

Hey, thanks for being a great member of the team and captain, here's the door!

**** you Vinik and **** you Yzerman.
Did you just say "**** you Vinik"? The man who's going to spend $30 million+ out of the cap so that a more competitive team can be iced? The man who renovated the scoreboard and arena which you've been attending? The man who's supported local charities around your own neighbourhood?

I can understand (but don't agree with) blaming the GM, but blaming the owner who's only tried to improve your experience and the experience of others around you? Why?


Last edited by Steve Yzerman: 06-28-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Steve Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:12 AM
  #235
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Drej
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 21,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
Thanks. I'm glad I'm not alone. As a fan I voice my opinion, because that's my right as a fan. And this board is the place to do it. I don't care that people don't like what I have to say, but I do appreciate when people see eye to eye with me or at least somewhat agree. They can ignore me if it bothers them.

This was a bush league move, plain and simple.

Haha, I guess it won't matter that I might be a former fan soon since I was a non-fan all along.

What are your plans regarding fanship and attending games? This is a tough choice for me. I ****ing love the Bolts. The best sports game of my life was game 7 of the Stanley Cup. I can't imagine a season not going, but this move is really making me question whether I want to give these guys any of my money or even root for the team. I suppose I could still be a fan of the players, but that's tough. I love when some guy on here said only real fans spend money and ran his mouth, then shut up when I explained I have been a 16 year season ticket member. If that stops after 17 years I guess it means I'm not allowed to be a fan anymore anyways.

And yes right now I am very angry, so with emotions running high I'm just speaking as it comes. Call it irrational or immature, it's fine. We'll see as time goes on. If there was some agreement that he would sign 1 year and come back, I'd be more ok. But from what Vinny said is he wants a long term deal to bring him to retirement. So no, he won't be coming back in all likelihood, so I will remain furious.
He will continue to run his foundation here, said he still considers Tampa his home, and said today he would still like to return after he retires to raise his kids here. So he will come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
Did you just say "**** you Vinik"? The man who's going to spend $30 million+ out of the cap so that a more competitive team can be iced? The man who renovated the scoreboard and arena which you've been attending? The man who's supported local charities around your own neighbourhood?

I can understand (but don't agree with) blaming the GM, but blaming the owner who's only tried to improve your experience and the experience of others around you? Why?
Yeah all hockey decisions are made by Yzerman. This was his decision. I guess you could say as owner Vinik ultimately has the power to have stopped it, but that was part of his agreement in the beginning that he wouldn't be like the previous owners. He would let Yzerman do his job and not make moves over his head.

__________________
VL4ever
"It's still All In to me dammit." - Felonious Python

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-28-2013 at 01:18 AM.
TheDaysOf 04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:25 AM
  #236
PhysicalGraffiti
In Garth I Trust
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Yzerman View Post
Did you just say "**** you Vinik"? The man who's going to spend $30 million+ out of the cap so that a more competitive team can be iced? The man who renovated the scoreboard and arena which you've been attending? The man who's supported local charities around your own neighbourhood?

I can understand (but don't agree with) blaming the GM, but blaming the owner who's only tried to improve your experience and the experience of others around you? Why?
The organ is stupid.

Yes, he's done alot. I am extremely appreciative of what he has done for the community. That's awesome, and I respect that alot.

He could have stopped this. It's on him and Stevie. Just like the logo/jersey crap. Something like this wouldn't just slip by Jeff.

I'm surprised he had the $30 million to buy out with how much he's had to pay back from his "business" endeavors before hockey. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 billion I thought I recalled.


I saw your post Days, and I understand that. But with a decision of this financial ramification, I don't see any way he didn't have some say.

Nothing is going to appease me at this point unless Vinny was still a bolt. The only possible saving grace is if he signs a one year deal and returns, essentially a restructure without it being one. But Vinny doesn't want it, and I don't blame him after this.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:40 AM
  #237
snowden
Man is matter
 
snowden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 1742
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
What a stupid generalization. You're still all pissy because I hate the new logo and jersey. Get off my back. Your last sentence is as idiotic as most of your posts. He won't be back. He was insulted and kicked to the curb. He's done.
He'll be back to this community/area is what I meant. There's no doubt he will and he'll be a productive member of the community as he always has been. I don't much like the new jerseys either, I want more black plus victory stripes so you're wrong there. As usual. People would take you more seriously if you weren't so emotional and irrational all the time.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:51 AM
  #238
PhysicalGraffiti
In Garth I Trust
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
He'll be back to this community/area is what I meant. There's no doubt he will and he'll be a productive member of the community as he always has been. I don't much like the new jerseys either, I want more black plus victory stripes so you're wrong there. As usual. People would take you more seriously if you weren't so emotional and irrational all the time.
Being a diehard and long-time fan of a team tends to make emotions run high.

Then when they drop your favorite player, it increases those emotions.

Yet I'm not always emotional or irrational all the time. When I'm pissed about something stupid, like this move, I voice it. So at these times, I am emotional. But your continued generalizations just are flat out wrong.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 01:55 AM
  #239
TheDaysOf 04
Moderator
Drej
 
TheDaysOf 04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 21,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
The organ is stupid.

Yes, he's done alot. I am extremely appreciative of what he has done for the community. That's awesome, and I respect that alot.

He could have stopped this. It's on him and Stevie. Just like the logo/jersey crap. Something like this wouldn't just slip by Jeff.

I'm surprised he had the $30 million to buy out with how much he's had to pay back from his "business" endeavors before hockey. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.5 billion I thought I recalled.


I saw your post Days, and I understand that. But with a decision of this financial ramification, I don't see any way he didn't have some say.

Nothing is going to appease me at this point unless Vinny was still a bolt. The only possible saving grace is if he signs a one year deal and returns, essentially a restructure without it being one. But Vinny doesn't want it, and I don't blame him after this.
Here's a question for you. I guess this is more of a pipe dream than something that might actually happen, but how would you feel if the Rangers bought out Brad Richards and Yzerman signed him to an affordable multi-year deal? That fills that #2 C need and brings back an old beloved player in Richie. Brad than also has a new chance to stay with the bolts longer and continue working on his lightning legacy. I'm asking you this because you said you weren't sure if you were going to renew tickets and I'm certain there are many more that feel crushed and will stop supporting the team in one way or another. Do you think that would help?

TheDaysOf 04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:08 AM
  #240
PhysicalGraffiti
In Garth I Trust
 
PhysicalGraffiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Here's a question for you. I guess this is more of a pipe dream than something that might actually happen, but how would you feel if the Rangers bought out Brad Richards and Yzerman signed him to an affordable multi-year deal? That fills that #2 C need and brings back an old beloved player in Richie. Brad than also has a new chance to stay with the bolts longer and continue working on his lightning legacy. I'm asking you this because you said you weren't sure if you were going to renew tickets and I'm certain there are many more that feel crushed and will stop supporting the team in one way or another. Do you think that would help?
I feel like it would be a great move, but for me personally, it wouldn't be the same. I liked Richards alot, but he wasn't on the same level for me as Vinny.

Vinny is our captain and has been this team for so many years. I feel so wronged.

Maybe time will heal. I wasn't even sure about the season ticket issue, but my Dad and I are the one who go to games and he brought up his immense displeasure with it and I agreed.

I think the only thing that would save it is if they came out and clearly stated they talked to Vinny, since there was no restructure, he'd go get a 1 year deal and come back. There is no way they would say that unfortunately, even if it was discussed. I'm guessing the NHL would see that as violating the CBA somehow.

Aside from hating Yzerman from this, not that I was a fan before, this really makes me loathe Bettman and this new CBA. No restructure and a lower cap? That's BS.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:14 AM
  #241
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod
 
Yzlamic Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,554
vCash: 500
Reading all of this, next season for sure in coming to Tampa to watch a few games and I hope I will get the honour (yes I'm Canadian :p) to meet a bunch of you. You guys and gals (Kristia I'm talking to you) are people, being from vancouver not being a canucks, I feel are friends. Whether we are eye to eye on situations or not. We all have a love for a spot and a team which brings us together here. I hope to meet asmany of you guys as I can when I visit the land of the team I love and the city where one of my childhood heroes (I'm 28) built.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 02:40 AM
  #242
sbears
#goboltsgobears
 
sbears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lake County
Country: United States
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sbears
I'm sad that Vinny is gone but I understand this is a business thing and needed to happen. It's not personal.

And for what it's worth I love the new logo and jerseys. And the organ too for that matter.

sbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:27 AM
  #243
Felonious Python
Moderator
TyJo
 
Felonious Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Hot Seat
Posts: 14,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
The organ is stupid.
You're stupid.

It would be interesting to see a potentially kinder and gentler Torts with Vinny Lecavalier, who played his best hockey under him. Although that was of course a different Torts.


Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-28-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:36 AM
  #244
Glide5
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
That would be Adam Wilcox and you can put me as the conductor of that hype train. Kid looked great in Minnesota.
Ahh, thank you. I'll try to commit Adam Wilcox to memory. Hopefully the kid makes me remember him in a few years haha. He sounded pretty legit this last season.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:41 AM
  #245
Glide5
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post

Defense is another issue, and now you can add center to the list of questionable positions.
Hopefully we can get defense solved soon. We really arent as far out as it looks, we just need a number one to go with Hedman, and one less Brewer on our team. With this buyout we may actually be able to address the defense issue, instead of hoping Salo can fill for another year or two.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:54 AM
  #246
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own
 
The Wyzerhood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
I feel like it would be a great move, but for me personally, it wouldn't be the same. I liked Richards alot, but he wasn't on the same level for me as Vinny.

Vinny is our captain and has been this team for so many years. I feel so wronged.

Maybe time will heal. I wasn't even sure about the season ticket issue, but my Dad and I are the one who go to games and he brought up his immense displeasure with it and I agreed.

I think the only thing that would save it is if they came out and clearly stated they talked to Vinny, since there was no restructure, he'd go get a 1 year deal and come back. There is no way they would say that unfortunately, even if it was discussed. I'm guessing the NHL would see that as violating the CBA somehow.

Aside from hating Yzerman from this, not that I was a fan before, this really makes me loathe Bettman and this new CBA. No restructure and a lower cap? That's BS.
As a general reply to most of your posts this morning, I would say that there's nothing wrong with feelings of contempt and abandonment you are feeling right now. However, as the saying goes, this team is about more than just one individual and will continue on, hopefully eventually better than ever.

What happened is a complete shame and something none of us wanted to see happen. However, give it some time and hopefully the draft will give us something to cheer about.


The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:18 AM
  #247
lost puck
Registered User
 
lost puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Wow come to HF to see what the daily thought on the draft is and hear this..not what I expect. Like many though I get it from the business side of the house, but I'm heartbroken. Sad day. I wish Vinny the best luck with the rest of his career but not on days he plays against the bolts.

lost puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:06 AM
  #248
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar City View Post
I enjoy a higher percentage of your posts than most others, fwiw. I think you're very sensible, and I think it's laughable how other people proclaim themselves Fan Police.

And honestly, you're right on this.

We essentially ran the face of our franchise, who is still capable of putting up VERY good numbers, out of town. He was overpaid by a couple million. So what?

Ask yourselves this, did what he give back to the community make up for that couple of million each year? A lot of pediatric cancer patients would disagree with most of you on this issue. Some things are BIGGER than the business side of hockey, and VL4 is one of them.

If we run this kind of guy out of town, would you feel secure coming to TB as a free agent or draft pick?

But hey, just my (apparently) non-fan opinion.
I understand, but I ask you this - do you want Vinny, or do you want long lasting health for this franchise? Like it or not, that was the choice. If we kept him, the cap recapture penalties would have broken this team and forced the exit of others like Stamkos, Connolly, and whomever we draft this year. I love the guy, but this had to be done.

Its going to be so weird seeing him in a different jersey.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 10:10 AM
  #249
Still All In
Plz stop pucks
 
Still All In's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
Ahh, thank you. I'll try to commit Adam Wilcox to memory. Hopefully the kid makes me remember him in a few years haha. He sounded pretty legit this last season.
The fact that he stole the starting job as a freshman on a slightly transitional Minnesota Golden Gophers team this year was very, very impressive. Now you know why Cooper loved him in the USHL.
Quote:
2012-13
Freshman Season:All-WCHA Third Team honoree
appeared in 39 games with 38 starts as a freshman including 37-straight games to end the season
collected a 25-8-5 record to tie Kellen Briggs for the Minnesota rookie wins record
also boasted a 1.88 GAA - setting a new Minnesota single-season record
owns a .921 save percentage with three shutouts this season
made his Gophers' debut and collected his first win allowing just one goal against Michigan State (10/13)

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 11:18 AM
  #250
HoseEmUp
Registered User
 
HoseEmUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
I was caught off guard with the news yesterday, even though I knew it that this was a likely scenario.

Not gonna get into whether or not I think it was the right call. It certainly doesn't make our playoff hopes for next year get any brighter.
We're putting A LOT of trust in the young guys, hopefully they'll be up to the challenge.

HoseEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.