HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago shopping Dave Bolland

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 05:03 PM
topnotch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
I said Bolland+ not Bolland straight up...

I already proposed Bolland, Leddy and the 30th overall for the 2nd overall.

Which IMO is a pretty decent foundation to build a trade around.

Hell, to make that deal happen I would also throw in the Hawks 2015 2nd and Beach...

That would be epic overpayment to a Lindros level.

Any GM that wouldn't do Bolland, Leddy, Beach, 2013 1st and 2015 2nd for the 2nd overall pick (I'd take Jones) in 2013 needs to have their head examined.

Honestly, any GM who would offer all that needs to have their head examined
Sorry 2828 but #2 picks just don't get traded for quantity.

Bolland is worth a high 2nd round pick and middling prospect - maybe a late first (20-30th). Leddy is worth a mid-first round pick.

But Beach is worthless. The Hawks 2015 2nd round pick is very likely to be a late one and doesn't carry much weight either.

There is no way Florida trades the 2nd round pick for the equivalent of a mid-first, 30th overall, and early 2nd round picks. Teams that get top 5 picks need elite talent and the best way to get elite talent is to draft them in the top 5 picks. There is an exponential drop off in probability of picking an elite talent or even all star talent as pick number gets higher. Teams in Florida's position are not looking for depth at the moment.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Hawkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
We've won 2 cups without that elusive #2C, I think people can give up on hoping for a trade or FA signing to acquire one until we get Toews and Kane locked up again and actually have cap space to do it.

Hopefully by then one of the young guys are running with it.
I agree with you on the 2C position. I'm actually more concerned with who will replace Roszival's minutes. He was a key piece to the defence and will need to be filled. I'm assuming that he won't be back or will not be as good next year (age catching up with him?).

I think Bowman is more concerned with his d than the 2C position. It was mentioned several times through the course of the year and even by Scotty in the post interviews on the ice that have a solid d group is critical in today's game. I think this was the biggest improvement from the past couple year's. I think Bowman will be focusing on his d group more than people think.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsey View Post
It's hard to tell because his other proposals are ludicrous.
You mean like Seabrook, Bolland and Bickell for nothing?

I wouldn't trade that package for 5 first round picks because it would destroy a potential dynasty...

Sometimes the value is there but it's just not worth it because it breaks up a team and that is an instance where you go from contender to not being a contender..... Even if the Hawks needed the cap space I wouldn't do it...

Old
06-27-2013, 05:08 PM
topnotch

Quote:
I don't think over the last few years Bowman has had the opportunity to make a splash in the FA market....

The last time he had that opportunity Hossa was a Blackhawk on the first day of free agency while he waived goodbye to Havlat...

If I was Bowman and in a position to sign a guy like Lecavilier I would say: "bye Bolland, hi Vinny."

Without question (at least if I was in Vinny's shoes) I would take a 1-year 4 million dollar deal to take a run at a cup and potentially be part of a dynasty - It be a no brainer.
Of course you would because you are a fan of the Blackhawks and not a professional hockey player. Lecavalier has already won a Cup. He doesn't care about a potential Blackhawks dynasty. He might not have even watched the Cup finals.

He will most likely go to the team that offers him the most money, which will probably be around 5 million per for 3-4 years. That team will not be the Blackhawks.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotch View Post
Sorry 2828 but #2 picks just don't get traded for quantity.

Bolland is worth a high 2nd round pick and middling prospect - maybe a late first (20-30th). Leddy is worth a mid-first round pick.

But Beach is worthless. The Hawks 2015 2nd round pick is very likely to be a late one and doesn't carry much weight either.

There is no way Florida trades the 2nd round pick for the equivalent of a mid-first, 30th overall, and early 2nd round picks. Teams that get top 5 picks need elite talent and the best way to get elite talent is to draft them in the top 5 picks. There is an exponential drop off in probability of picking an elite talent or even all star talent as pick number gets higher. Teams in Florida's position are not looking for depth at the moment.
Really? You ever hear of Eric Lindros?

Old
06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Some guy named Peter Forsberg was involved in that trade. While there was plenty of quantity involved in that massive trade, there was a hell of a lot of quality going the other way for Lindros as well. It wasn't just spare parts for a superstar, which is what the Hawks would essentially be getting by moving depth guys for the #2 pick who could turn into a star.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:10 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
The Kovalchuk and Hossa deals were for 1-2 months of the player. The #2 is for 7 years of cost-controlled player.

For the #2 you'd have to include :
A 1st (the #30 is essentially = to a high 2nd, so it's a weak piece)
The organization's top prospu'ect
A young top 6F with top 3 upside (who actually has NHL experience)
A young top 4D with top 2 upside (who actually has NHL experience, and preferably one who didn't get benched in game 7 of the Cup Finals)

A higher 1st would allow the downgrade of some of the other pieces, but you don't get that type of pick unless you send back players with at least the potential to replace that pick's expected production as a group.
You seriously overvalue picks.

What you are proposing from a Leafs standpoint: Kadri, Gardiner, 22nd and Rielly.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I think he was making fun of your Bergenheim for Bolland offer.
What's preposterous about dealing a checker for another similar level player who earns slightly less?

Old
06-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:

Hell, to make that deal happen I would also throw in the Hawks 2015 2nd and Beach...

Any GM that wouldn't do Bolland, Leddy, Beach, 2013 1st and 2015 2nd for the 2nd overall pick (I'd take Jones) in 2013 needs to have their head examined.

I guess I better get a CAT scan then. Because I'd rather have the opportunity to get an elite talent over a good #3C, a bottom pairing PMD, a bust, low 1st and a 2nd(in two years). Topnotch nailed it. #2 picks are not flipped for quantity. To call that epic overpayment on a Lindros level is sheer hyperbole.

Old
06-27-2013, 05:21 PM
topnotch

Quote:
That was over 20 years ago and Lindros sat out refusing to play for the Nordiques.

Hardly a comparable situation.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:16 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Hawks should dump Bolland and push hard for Vinny.

if they can't get him go get Bickell.
I'm thinking if they dump Frolik & Bolland they could get LeCavalier and keep Bickell.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:46 PM
GaryU

If the Hawks got a mid/late 1st rounder for Brouwer, they can certainly get that for Bolland...The is a playoff killer. Even if he doesn't score a lot, he shuts down guys like Jumbo & the Sedins...For a young team on the rise, he's certainly worth it.

Old
06-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryU View Post
If the Hawks got a mid/late 1st rounder for Brouwer, they can certainly get that for Bolland...The is a playoff killer. Even if he doesn't score a lot, he shuts down guys like Jumbo & the Sedins...For a young team on the rise, he's certainly worth it.
^
He in past shutdown Sedins and Jumbo Joe

Not same player in 2013 that he was in 2010

Old
06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:

Any GM that did make that trade would be fired immediately.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:16 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Any GM that did make that trade would be fired immediately.
On both sides. Mutual firings.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:17 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilus View Post
Work's great for Chicago, horrible for Toronto.
Not really. Chicago is strictly looking for draft picks.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:24 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
On both sides. Mutual firings.
Head coaches too.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:25 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Vinny-Hossa
Shaw-Goc-Frolik
Smith-Kruger-Hayes
Danault

Old
06-27-2013, 11:30 PM
LandofLincoln

We have wasted 3 pages of Bolland & Leddy and Chicago's 1st rounder for the second overall. I agree any GM to do that.. needs to be fired. Truth is all that for JVR would be more than fair. So hitting on a #2 overall as a franchise player is about 80% but not a guarantee. Leddy is going to be a 3rd defenseman in this league for 8 years plus. So lets not act like he isn't a solid building block. Low risk on adding Leddy could even become a #1 defenseman maybe a 35% chance of that. Leddy minimum is a #3 defenseman. Isn't going to break the bank on his next contract.

Bolland is worth somewhere between a 25th & 35th pick. I think he had a bad year, and still is worth that in trade value.

I think Chicago would do better to hold onto Leddy than to take a draft pick for him. I wouldn't take anything less than a 16th overall for Leddy. Honestly I would be looking at asking a 9-11th for Leddy.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:37 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
Maybe this year you aren't but in 2014/15 you will be. You only have 9 players signed for 14/15, including current unsigned players:

- Crawford + back up
- Leddy
- Hjalmarsson
- Bolland
- Frolik
- Shaw
- Bickell
- Stalberg

And that still wouldn't get you a full roster. Thinking you don't have cap issues is ludicrous.
Stalberg sucks and will be easily replace by either Jeremy Morin or Ben Smith next season. Dave Bolland will be replaced by either Brandon Pirri or Drew Leblanc next season. Nick Leddy will receive a two year bridge contract this summer worth no more than $2 million per season.

The Chicago Blackhawks will have nearly $25 million in cap space for the 2014-15 NHL Season.

http://www.capgeek.com/blackhawks/

Troll somewhere else.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:47 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlu View Post
We trade you Grabovski with 1.5m retained for Bolland.
Here's a clue, nobody wants Grabovski.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:53 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
It seems very logical that Tallon tries hard to land Bolland, we desperately need a center and a decent muck/grinding with some scoring touch type. This is right up our alley. Get it done Dale.
Now we are talking!

The Chicago Blackhawks will take the 31st overall selection in the 2013 NHL Draft for Dave Bolland.

Old
06-27-2013, 11:57 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
Any interest in Jordan Schroeder?
The Chicago Blackhawks don't trade with the "enemy".

The Chicago Blackhawks have Drew Leblanc (Hobey Baker Winner) and Brandon Pirri (AHL Leading Scorer) competing for the second line center position next season.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:00 AM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicon1 View Post
Could be a good destination for both him (Tallon+former teammates+need) and Chicago. He's a guy I'd rather the Hawks not have to face very often, especially in the playoffs.
All then Dale would have to do is trade for Ladd and reunite the Ladd - Bolland - Versteeg line.

Old
06-28-2013, 12:13 AM
LarmerSavardSecord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
We have wasted 3 pages of Bolland & Leddy and Chicago's 1st rounder for the second overall. I agree any GM to do that.. needs to be fired. Truth is all that for JVR would be more than fair. So hitting on a #2 overall as a franchise player is about 80% but not a guarantee. Leddy is going to be a 3rd defenseman in this league for 8 years plus. So lets not act like he isn't a solid building block. Low risk on adding Leddy could even become a #1 defenseman maybe a 35% chance of that. Leddy minimum is a #3 defenseman. Isn't going to break the bank on his next contract.

Bolland is worth somewhere between a 25th & 35th pick. I think he had a bad year, and still is worth that in trade value.

I think Chicago would do better to hold onto Leddy than to take a draft pick for him. I wouldn't take anything less than a 16th overall for Leddy. Honestly I would be looking at asking a 9-11th for Leddy.
I hope the hawks work out a fair deal for Leddy. But I don't think the hawks think Leddy has a 35% chance of becoming a #1D (on a good team.) i'm pretty sure it's closer to 0%. Seth Jones has a ~35% chance of becoming a #1D, and he'll make way more money on his ELC than Leddy will on his 2nd contract. And his (pick) value is three Nick Leddys.

Leddy's realistic upside is a very good 2nd-pair PMD on a good team - and that's a good outcome for a mid-first rd pick, and a great exchange for Cam Barker.

Closed Thread