HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Coburn to Avs

Old
06-25-2013, 01:18 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Coburn to Avs

Curious what would it take to get him to the Avs?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 01:22 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 500
I don't see the Flyers moving Coburn with Mezaros likely to be traded, and Grossmann still recovering from concussion. He had a bad season, but still led the team in ATOI, and I think he'll do much better playing with a PMD like Streit

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:05 PM
phlocky

The truth is that Coburn has more value than Seimens. Coburn is a very good defensive #2/#3 dman whose main flaw is that he can't LEAD a pairing. If he was put beside EJ those two would be a great top pairing for you guys. However, Coburn isn't for sale. The Flyers NEED him. The Flyers would only trade him if a team offered him a really stupidly great offer and he's not valuable enough to another team for them to do that. His value is probably worth Seimens + and (Avs would most likely insist on it being 2014 2nd) and honestly, I can't see a reason for either team to do it. Seimens would be a great asset for the Flyers to have but they can't wait another 3 years or so for him to fill the hole left by the departure of Coburn, For the Avs, Seimens is a very promising looking prospect and he could become as good or better than Coburn. The Avs need to be patient and just let their rebuild continue on course. It's not the time for them to be trading away assets like Seimens to try and win now. They are a very young team and in 2-3 years, when the young players they have drafted over the past 3 seasons have matured, THEN will be the time to look to fill in the last remaining holes to make them a strong playoff team.

Avs fans, please don't panic. You have a young team with what looks like a very bright future. Please continue to be patient and build from within the right way. You will be a far better team for a much longer period of time than if you try and make quick fixes right now. Be strong brothers.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
The truth is that Coburn has more value than Seimens. Coburn is a very good defensive #2/#3 dman whose main flaw is that he can't LEAD a pairing. If he was put beside EJ those two would be a great top pairing for you guys. However, Coburn isn't for sale. The Flyers NEED him. The Flyers would only trade him if a team offered him a really stupidly great offer and he's not valuable enough to another team for them to do that. His value is probably worth Seimens + and (Avs would most likely insist on it being 2014 2nd) and honestly, I can't see a reason for either team to do it. Seimens would be a great asset for the Flyers to have but they can't wait another 3 years or so for him to fill the hole left by the departure of Coburn, For the Avs, Seimens is a very promising looking prospect and he could become as good or better than Coburn. The Avs need to be patient and just let their rebuild continue on course. It's not the time for them to be trading away assets like Seimens to try and win now. They are a very young team and in 2-3 years, when the young players they have drafted over the past 3 seasons have matured, THEN will be the time to look to fill in the last remaining holes to make them a strong playoff team.

Avs fans, please don't panic. You have a young team with what looks like a very bright future. Please continue to be patient and build from within the right way. You will be a far better team for a much longer period of time than if you try and make quick fixes right now. Be strong brothers.
I've liked Coburn for a while, and definitely agree with your analysis of him. One of the reasons that I would want Coburn is the potential that Flyers management may have soured on him, or maybe prefer to move him for a slightly cheaper option. I'd bail on a deal if Siemens is involved as I think he'll be an important cog moving forward.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I'd rather get Klesla from Phoenix for our 3rd or 4th + than pony up for Coburn, especially if Siemens is one of the pieces we need to move.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:26 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I've liked Coburn for a while, and definitely agree with your analysis of him. One of the reasons that I would want Coburn is the potential that Flyers management may have soured on him, or maybe prefer to move him for a slightly cheaper option. I'd bail on a deal if Siemens is involved as I think he'll be an important cog moving forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I'd rather get Klesla from Phoenix for our 3rd or 4th + than pony up for Coburn, especially if Siemens is one of the pieces we need to move.
I agree 100% from you guys' position. You can get someone to bridge the gap between now and when your young guys are ready much cheaper than what it would cost you to acquire Coburn.

As a note, management hasn't soured on Coburn. We really didn't have anyone to pair with him and we asked him to lead the 2nd pairing, something that he just doesn't have the ability to do. I believe that a big reason that Streit was signed was to provide Coburn with someone to lead the 2nd pairing with him. Coburn will carry the lions share of the load and Streit SHOULD still be good enough to play 2nd pairing with a guy like Coburn.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:20 AM
AvsGuy

To Philadelphia:

Paul Stastny, David Jones

To Colorado:

Braydon Coburn, Eric Wellwood

AvsGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Phillyfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
To Philadelphia:

Paul Stastny, David Jones

To Colorado:

Braydon Coburn, Eric Wellwood
Isnt Stasny a center due for a new contract? We have 3 of those

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:31 AM
SheasRebellion6

This is just an idea. How far am I from a fair move/ a move you would actually want to do?

PHI:
Barrie
2nd 2013
3rd 2015

COL:
Coburn

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

vCash: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
This is just an idea. How far am I from a fair move/ a move you would actually want to do?

PHI:
Barrie
2nd 2013
3rd 2015

COL:
Coburn
Avs are giving way too much there.

Our 32nd this year might as well be another 1st round pick

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:50 AM
SheasRebellion6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDZen View Post
Avs are giving way too much there.

Our 32nd this year might as well be another 1st round pick
Fair enough, that's why I asked.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:56 AM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post

PHI:
Barrie
2nd 2013
3rd 2015

COL:
Coburn
That pretty much just fills an old hole and opens a new one. Swap Barrie with Elliott, and I'd do it.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 03:43 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post

I always respected Flyer fans, but the respect just went up by +1.

Totally, Coburn is already NHL proven while Siemens will have bumps along the ways. I swear I thought that Coburn was younger than 28 and is a reason why I wanted the Avs to get him. His age sort of turns me off, but not to the point I wouldn't want him.

Considering he is "rumoured" to be available by Dreger I still think Avs could be interested, maybe Siemens and the one of our goaler prospects (Pickard, Aitto, or Patterson - all three have great potential) would do the job?

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:04 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
You should keep on dreaming.

You are not getting Klesla from us for a 3rd or 4th. If that's all we would get for him right now, we are perfectly content keeping him around. He will fetch something much better at the deadline.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

It's a shame Meszaros has had so much injury problems lately, otherwise I think he'd be someone Avs would be interested in.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:30 PM
tucker3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagrsMullet View Post
Don't move Siemens. Give him at least a full year of pro playing time in a top 4 setting and see what he looks like.
He's a good chip to move in the right deal. If the right defenseman is coming back, I wouldn't mind a Siemens + 2014 first +. I don't think many teams have a surplus of the defenders that I would want for that cost though.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:35 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I agree, I don't think the avs should be looking to give up assets that could help their rebuild for players like Coburn. Coburn is a great player, and very under rated by a lot of people, but he isn't really the sort of player that fits well into a rebuild. That, and there really isn't much that would entice the flyers to move him to Colorado short of assets that the avs shouldn't/wouldn't be willing to part with.

Avs should look at a player like Brandon Gormley perhaps, I think he'd be a good fit there. Don't know if the yotes would be interested in moving him though.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 04:47 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagrsMullet View Post
Don't move Siemens. Give him at least a full year of pro playing time in a top 4 setting and see what he looks like.
Siemens has pretty good potential; but he is not a sure fire propsect like Hamilton or Trouba. While dealing him presents some risk of him developing rapidly; holding onto him similarly presents some risk of him developing too slowly, and his value eventually dropping.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote